What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Whatsapp: Not enough storage space

puppy1004

Richest Kavala Hobo
Hello,

Everytime I try to send a video through whatsapp, it says; Not enough storage space(but in dutch).

I have 11GB available on my device and 57 GB available on my SD card :/

I have an Galaxy S7 :p

Sorry for short post, not home atm.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! <3

@Zeito@lionel

Halp plss <3

Possible solution: Trim the video just a little bit before sending it

Last edited by a moderator:
Does it work if you record a video in the camera app, and then share it to WhatsApp?

Does it work if you record a video in the camera app, and then share it to WhatsApp?
Well I'll be damned... It does :/ But not when I select it from the gallery :(

Edit: Everything was working fine for 2 minutes, but its broken again now :(

Look up clearing your phones cache and give it a whirl.

Look up clearing your phones cache and give it a whirl.
Done it, same issue arises, but this time it won't automaticly download images & video's anymore(It's set like this in my settings)

Does it definitely say not enough storage space? Because the only error I can find similar is not enough space on sd card

Does it definitely say not enough storage space? Because the only error I can find similar is not enough space on sd card
Yes, I shall post a screenshot.

SMMRWv4.jpg

"You have not enough diskspace"(Litterly)

"You don't have enough diskspace"(Better)

Yes, I shall post a screenshot.

SMMRWv4.jpg

"You have not enough diskspace"(Litterly)

"You don't have enough diskspace"(Better)
Right. Back up your whatsapp folder on SD card if you want to keep old messages etc... and then delete whatsapp data if you haven't already.

Let me know results.

Right. Back up your whatsapp folder on SD card if you want to keep old messages etc... and then delete whatsapp data if you haven't already.

Let me know results.
How does one back them up to the SD-card? :p

found it <3

Let me know results.
Did it, didn't work :(

@CMO Marc Smith

I was reading this https://androidworld.nl/forum/android-applicaties/18842-whatsapp-blijft-onvoldoende-geheugen-beschikbaar-aangeven.html

Most seem to suggest what I said... but others said possibly corrupt SD card. Bottom post also had another suggestion of installing again with version from whatsapp site, might be worth a try.

If reinstalling doesn't work, I'm inclined to lean towards a corrupt / damaged SD card. Try it without the SD card in maybe. If that doesn't work, then I have no idea without a lot of troubleshooting xD

I was reading this https://androidworld.nl/forum/android-applicaties/18842-whatsapp-blijft-onvoldoende-geheugen-beschikbaar-aangeven.html

Most seem to suggest what I said... but others said possibly corrupt SD card. Bottom post also had another suggestion of installing again with version from whatsapp site, might be worth a try.

If reinstalling doesn't work, I'm inclined to lean towards a corrupt / damaged SD card. Try it without the SD card in maybe. If that doesn't work, then I have no idea without a lot of troubleshooting xD
Reïnstalled WhatsApp, still the same problem :(

Edit: tried without SD, still same problem :(

Reïnstalled WhatsApp, still the same problem :(

Edit: tried without SD, still same problem :(
when you recorded and shared a video as i suggested, was it the same length + to the same recipient?

when you recorded and shared a video as i suggested, was it the same length + to the same recipient?
Well, the videos were the same lenght but the one I recorded was a bigger file size. They were both to the same recipient.

Back