What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Whatsapp: Not enough storage space

Haha sure thing, all puppy got was clips of Lethal Weapon 3 and my housemate asking me wtf I was doing. I'll send you some nonsense pictures/videos if you so desire.
I'm waiting

Ahh apologies, I just assumed you had copied it to another part of the SDcard not the cam gallery.

again, your just on trial and error now, you need to check each variable you can think of and rule it out. 

1. file formats, grab a load of different types, see if that limits it in any way.
  2. file location, move them round to different folders. e.g. phone storage / sd card / new folder / existing folder etc etc etc 
  3. file source, get a copy from your phone and the exact same picture placed on your phone from your computer.
  4. always update the thread with the exact action and result so we can analyze the behavior.
Good Luck !! 
1. Grabbed ~10 files, all of them were .MP4. Around 3 won't send because of the error, the other 7 will send just fine.

2. I moved those 3 that wouln't send, and the 7 that would send to a different location. Nothing changed.

3. Tried this, nothing changed aswell.

Note: I have noticed that I am able to send more recently downloaded memes, but not older ones(that are around 1/2 months on my phone). It only affects video's/gifs.

Sorry for late response, it took some time :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Can you upload those files to a external file share and PM them to @Zeitoto trial send them on his phone as its a very similar model.

Happy to trial it myself as well, but im on a old sony xperia z, 

Can you upload those files to a external file share and PM them to @Zeitoto trial send them on his phone as its a very similar model.

Only the ones that wont send?

@puppy1004 Very interesting....

zS815r0.jpg

Just told you in Whatsapp - but for the rest of the class:

1. Downloaded video to device
  2. Opened Gallery
  3. Selected Video -> Edit
  4. Selected 'Trim'
  5. Trimmed off half a second or so at end
  6. Video would then send.
Though @puppy1004reports he cant then send the same video on.

Just told you in Whatsapp - but for the rest of the class:

1. Downloaded video to device
  2. Opened Gallery
  3. Selected Video -> Edit
  4. Selected 'Trim'
  5. Trimmed off half a second or so at end
  6. Video would then send.
Though @puppy1004reports he cant then send the same video on.
I cant send the trimmed video send by Zeito on, but I can retrim it again and then it will send fine :/

What do you make of that @lionel
Knowing what we now know, Im going with a compression issue with the video container as my best guess, re-encode it and it will probably send just fine. This would also fully explain the out of space error given, if it has to re-encode it raw that could make the file absolutely massive and is probably referring to RAM anyway.

Knowing what we now know, Im going with a compression issue with the video container as my best guess, re-encode it and it will probably send just fine. This would also fully explain the out of space error given, if it has to re-encode it raw that could make the file absolutely massive and is probably referring to RAM anyway.
 My RAM is always ~1.2 GB free :p

Yeah raw video files will eat that for breakfast !

just a thought try disabling encryption as a test.

Upon looking I'm not sure you can actually :/

Upon looking I'm not sure you can actually :/
Okayyy :p Atleast there is a solution available: Trimming the video (as suggested by Zeito), I will remain doing this until it sorts itself out or with an update or whatever :p

Thanks for all the help, @Zeito& @lionel

Back