What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Working Railway

With a working railway run by whitelisted players, you'd get the following benefits:

- Public transport in the server

- RP jobs and RP opportunities

- Potential for British Transport Police in the server

- Potential for road / rail traffic accidents for the NHS to manage

- Train could be robbed as suggested previously here

- Convenient way for people to get to the main city if stuck in Paleto or vice versa

- More Gruppe 6 contract opportunites at stations

GivingGlamorousDutchshepherddog-size_restricted.gif

I like the idea and all the suggestions apart from the idea of a train being robbed/hijacked. Can't say I see this as overly realistic really - it's an incredibly rare occurrence in the UK.

I like the idea and all the suggestions apart from the idea of a train being robbed/hijacked. Can't say I see this as overly realistic really - it's an incredibly rare occurrence in the UK.
if it can happen in real life it can happen in FIveM you dont hear of many bank or prison robberies / breakouts in real life so why not have a train be hijacked or robbed 

Brief Summary:

Add subway trains and supporting professions. 

Detailed Suggestion:

I suggest adding subway trains to the map. This could allow players to purchase tickets to ride around with or not pay and try to get away with it. This would add a whole new element of depth to roleplay. The Los Santos map has very detailed subway stations and a whole different atmosphere of roleplay elements are being missed by not using these detailed locations. By adding automated trains for players to travel on it would also give players a different choice of transport other than cars and bikes and increase the likelihood of player to player interaction. 

I propose for starters when adding Subway trains that players be able to "scan" their ID card at stations, once they board a train they recieve a physical ticket in their inventory, when they arrive at a destination the cost of their journey is deducted from their bank account and the physical ticket removed from their inventory. Another idea is they purchase a day rider from an NPC at stations which allows them to travel unlimited until server restart, so "ticket inspectors" know their ticket is fake the ticket is stamped with their session ID at the time and stays as that. 

From engineers, to ticket inspectors to rail police the possibilties are endless and it all starts with some trains going round. Not to mention the various activited that could be added for civilians. I have many ideas but it all starts with adding them to the map, everything can come later in little bits here and there. 

Eventually we might be able to have the trains be driven by players but I think thats a discussion for later on down the line. (excuse the pun)

The Pros:

More roleplay opportunities

Another method of transport other than driving cars and bikes

More criminal offence possibilities

More potential for player to player interaction

The Cons:

I can't really think of any cons

Does this suggestion change balance on the server ?

Not really. Just another way for players to get around but increases the likelihood players will come across each other. 

6a4202de056c92818b3eb94d8766d2a4.jpg

1cb719dea244247fa678d02ead3c5f68.jpg

a17b4cfe0f1d5161264270ce5f1073c1.jpg

9de496993dba22403c4d95f4978a3e53.jpg

b7b9c2f5fe6fd26396e2ecf798a8dcbf.jpg

Many mods are available which offer transport for london trains and edits for roleplay servers

Last edited by a moderator:
Trains/trams were recently removed because they were very buggy, I think under used and was just adding unnecessary load to the server. A nice idea but unless a better system can be put in place, I don't think they're too essential.

Good idea, but to ensure that enough players use this, the system needs to be made attractive.

For example, allow ATMs and ticket machines to be robbed, drugs to be sold in the stations, and perhaps a new type of run that is best suit to using public transport 

Good idea, but to ensure that enough players use this, the system needs to be made attractive.

For example, allow ATMs and ticket machines to be robbed, drugs to be sold in the stations, and perhaps a new type of run that is best suit to using public transport 
Drug dealers use the "I'm handing out flyers!" defence all the time - maybe there could be a starter job that functions like drug dealing but is actually handing out flyers for whatever business. An additional suggestion, but I could see it working really well with a bustling train station!

Drug dealers use the "I'm handing out flyers!" defence all the time - maybe there could be a starter job that functions like drug dealing but is actually handing out flyers for whatever business. An additional suggestion, but I could see it working really well with a bustling train station!
That would breach the railway byelaw: 7. Music, sound, advertising and carrying on a trade

2. except with written permission from an operator no person on the railway shall:

1.display anything for the purpose of advertising or publicity, or distribute anything or   

2. sell or expose or offer anything for sale or

3.tout for, or solicit money, reward, custom or employment of any kind

We could add engineers, train drivers. The list goes on, the rail industry offers huge potential for roleplay

My suggestion is to simply allow the trams, underground, and transport trains to be enabled to move across Los Santos. 

This would enable people to use the trains to go to Paleto for example and gives people more options than just a car... 

This could also enable different types of criminal activities like robbing a moving train to rob mail which could or couldn't have valuable items. Another thing this would allow is for the underground systems to be used to get to places like the court and different districts of the city opening up a lot more RP Scenarios within the railway environment. 

At the moment the only time people go down there is to escape police by driving into the underground with no risk of driving on a LIVE railway, this would make chases a lot more interesting if there was a train coming into a tunnel and you have to choose between one of the two of face impending doom! 

p01n60z8.jpg

We did have a working tram, but it meant you couldn't drive there. No more tunnel escapes.. I think a train heist and transport system would be amazing but the Tram was indestructable and detroyed your car. The tunnels and train lines are great routes for cars, loads of people used them when hunting and laods of people use them in cop chases (or did).

If we did bring something like this back I would prefer it to move slower and not one shot every vehicle it touches. Also, the tram was so buggy. You'd fall out it and randomly die etc.

Back