What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Working Railway

We did have a working tram, but it meant you couldn't drive there. No more tunnel escapes.. I think a train heist and transport system would be amazing but the Tram was indestructable and detroyed your car. The tunnels and train lines are great routes for cars, loads of people used them when hunting and laods of people use them in cop chases (or did).

If we did bring something like this back I would prefer it to move slower and not one shot every vehicle it touches. Also, the tram was so buggy. You'd fall out it and randomly die etc.
Yeah if the issues with you falling out etc were fixed it would be very good.

it means no more tunnel escapes? No it means tunnels escapes with a lot more risk as it should be…

I get it’s annoying but if you think a 3000 Ton train shouldn’t “1tap” your 1-2 ton car then I don’t know what to say 😂 even at low speeds you wouldn’t have a chance against a train 

We did have a working tram, but it meant you couldn't drive there. No more tunnel escapes.. I think a train heist and transport system would be amazing but the Tram was indestructable and detroyed your car. The tunnels and train lines are great routes for cars, loads of people used them when hunting and laods of people use them in cop chases (or did).

If we did bring something like this back I would prefer it to move slower and not one shot every vehicle it touches. Also, the tram was so buggy. You'd fall out it and randomly die etc.
hate to break it to you but trains realistically destroy vehicles such as cars and trucks on impact they have no regard what your driving it's just a freight train full of hate and not enough time to break so if you want to escape from police or go on a rail line you have to consider that risk is it worth totaling your car/bike to get somewhere or avoid the cops. 

Yeah if the issues with you falling out etc were fixed it would be very good.

it means no more tunnel escapes? No it means tunnels escapes with a lot more risk as it should be…

I get it’s annoying but if you think a 3000 Ton train shouldn’t “1tap” your 1-2 ton car then I don’t know what to say 😂 even at low speeds you wouldn’t have a chance against a train 
It was too fast to avoid.

edit:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

@Haza@Dinzzy_KGood times =D (I dunno Tobys nickname on the forums or I'd tag him 😢 )

Last edited by a moderator:
Not being funnt but simply driving on train tracks would destroy most car's suspension before the train comes and hits you. Driving through tunnels to escape the police in GTAO makes sense (tis a game after all), doing it on FiveM (it is still a game!!) just takes it a little too far. Ulitmately knowing a train could come and kill you (and any officers who come and try and chase you!) balances this risk reward out a little bit more. Also, there are multiple underground stations dotted around the GTA map, which could actually then become a viable transport method

I think the moving trains would be pretty cool. A hands free approach to travel the wider island and the local city.

6 minutes ago, JimmyTheGinger said:

edit:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
the answer to your problem:

Rk1UT8x.png

Not being funnt but simply driving on train tracks would destroy most car's suspension before the train comes and hits you. Driving through tunnels to escape the police in GTAO makes sense (tis a game after all), doing it on FiveM (it is still a game!!) just takes it a little too far. Ulitmately knowing a train could come and kill you (and any officers who come and try and chase you!) balances this risk reward out a little bit more. Also, there are multiple underground stations dotted around the GTA map, which could actually then become a viable transport method

I think the moving trains would be pretty cool. A hands free approach to travel the wider island and the local city.
Do the police still have that ANPR heli? Also, if you have a Riata/Sandking that can easily drive on the traintracks. Don't forget, these were TRAM tracks. Tram tracks are designed differently.

Do the police still have that ANPR heli? Also, if you have a Riata/Sandking that can easily drive on the traintracks. Don't forget, these were TRAM tracks. Tram tracks are designed differently.
regardless if there are or aren't sleepers on the track if you go on the track there should be the risk of being hit by train or tram totaling your car high risk high reward your award is not dying from a head on collision with a train and the risk is killing your car maybe yourself or if your lucky getting arrested by British Transport police which i'm sure is what @Brandon Pigeonis pushing for XD

My suggestion is to simply allow the trams, underground, and transport trains to be enabled to move across Los Santos. 

This would enable people to use the trains to go to Paleto for example and gives people more options than just a car... 

This could also enable different types of criminal activities like robbing a moving train to rob mail which could or couldn't have valuable items. Another thing this would allow is for the underground systems to be used to get to places like the court and different districts of the city opening up a lot more RP Scenarios within the railway environment. 

At the moment the only time people go down there is to escape police by driving into the underground with no risk of driving on a LIVE railway, this would make chases a lot more interesting if there was a train coming into a tunnel and you have to choose between one of the two of face impending doom! 

This has been suggested numerous times, once by myself even. Yea, bring them back. A whole avenue of RP opportunities aren't being explored. +1

Would like to see this come back. Would be especially nice if there were links between Paleto, Sandy and Los Santos by tram/train as it would open these areas up much more. Also really like the idea of it balancing the risk vs reward of escaping police through the underground tunnels. 

Would like to see this come back. Would be especially nice if there were links between Paleto, Sandy and Los Santos by tram/train as it would open these areas up much more. Also really like the idea of it balancing the risk vs reward of escaping police through the underground tunnels. 
Yea motorbikes have become very overpowered in that respect. People now just escape on bikes into the metro stations knowing full well most cops don't ride bikes in comparison to the number of cars. Trains would enhance that risk because at present its just a criminal express escape route.

Replying to this one a bit late, and not sure if anyone has said this yet. However, just want to let you know this was a feature in the past and there was a lot of bugs with them. E.g the tram going literally 999999mph, blink and it was gone. Also when trying to go onto the tram to travel it was a whole other bunch of issues. 

Having said that, would be great to see a fix to it and hopefully re enabled into the server!

+1

I've been looking for a script to add trains to Los Santos and I've found a few that may be a suitable contender. 

The first is this one:

The video for its installation: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lo5DItsTZm0

The second is this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5bPvg59UjA&ab_channel=EresFivemStore

Script link is in the video description. 

Both add trains and allow the mechanic of paying for tickets on said trains. What do you all think? Lets get this upvoted so we can get this added! 😄

Many suggestions on trains as follows:

(people want this)

@Nigel Armardar@Brandon Pigeon

Unfortunately due to the networking of GTA its not worth the development time.

Back