GTA RP
TEAMSPEAK

Los Santos Police Service | Public Feedback Thread

I just wanted to post something here after the spiel that happened on discord in police public to hopefully open up a discussion about the standard of roleplay that police should be held to within the sever. As someone who plays a lot of cop and a lot of gang life too. Gang life is slowly dying partly (not fully obviously there is a few other things affecting it too) because of the win mentality of police. I have a lot of friends on both sides some main cop some main crim but I have experienced first hand the win mentality within the police both as Siren and as Aria. A perfect example is the police breaching the bank last night when we were trying to negotiate, 2 of our sultans despawned and the other 1 somehow got stolen from outside of a cordoned area in the middle of a roleplay scenario(a whole other issue). We were ready to leave and because of the cars disappearing we weren’t able to leave (no fault of our own) and yet the police used this to stall us and breach the bank when we had 4 people with guns to the hostages (who got shot by us btw) which is what we said would happen if the police breached. IMO that was very poor roleplay on the polices behalf and frankly unfair knowing that 7 of us would not be able to outgun 10+ smgs, it honestly felt like the police just wanted to take it to a shootout when we were trying our best to make the scenario enjoyable for everyone. I frankly don’t care about the gun that I lost because of it, plenty more where that came from but it was the fact that I felt like our roleplay experience of a chase and the fun of it was taken away from us unfairly. Others may have opposing views which is completely fine and I’m not here to argue, just chipping in my 2 cents on the situation. I could have easily just bled out and rp’d no pulse as I didn’t receive any medical aid after being shot for a solid 7 or 8 minutes of laying outside the bank but I didn’t do that, at first I was unresponsive but allowed the medic and the police officer (who eventually tried to help me, not sure who it was btw but thank you for the great rp) to bring my character back to life through /me etc. It was still a somewhat enjoyable experience even though it didn’t go the way I had planned and probably shouldn’t have went the way it did but it is what it is. I think police (and gangs aswell) need to be held to a higher level of roleplay, and I understand the polices frustration with gangs at the minute being shot without roleplay as I have experienced this myself, I attempted to call the police involved in the breach to teamspeak in OOC and the response I got was "there was no rules broken so no need to go to TS", "report if you think we've broken a rule" and i just think that mentality is so shit, I wasn't trying to accuse anyone of any rule breaks but more-so have a chat about the situation and how IMO it could have went better for both sides. Some other responses I've received when speaking to some people about the scenario where along the lines of "Im sick of crims with their shit rp in the server thinking big bank is an easy 5mil", we were literally there for the roleplay and something to do and enjoy together but it was this attitude that police have against crims and tarring us all with one brush that IMO lead to the breach. We need to remember it’s a game and we all want to win to a certain extent but we need to try and make it enjoyable for everyone..

• Like 11

Siren_Delta_cocosign (1).png

I had a similar conversation in TS surrounding this issue also. I had no idea this thread had come up but i fully support its inception. im trying to think of a way to articulate my thoughts and propose an idea to fix it. 

Police are getting even more over powered everyday with cars getting scrapped so easily to handing out extended sentence so easily not including they can see your house location car location won't be long until they can see your storage lockers as well police are just a milsim just run and gun there is no work for them to get guns when gangs spend weeks even months to save up to buy stuff you now have Armoured tank blackhawk fighter jets  AA missiles now flashbangs where is the balance for normal people when will it stop 

• Like 20
  • Facepalm 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Armed Police are power crazy. A life invader robbery took place, 4 of us inside with weapons and one hostage. Negotiated free passage so we could safely get in the car and drive off. Would have been a fun chase and enjoyable for everyone. Instead as we cut open the front door armed police come running in the back completely ignoring the fact we have a knife to the hostage. Hostage ends up getting stabbed due to them coming in and we don't get to have the pursuit as everyone then got arrested outside. I feel as though the armed police need to value peoples lives more, it seems to me that they just want to win every engagement with no regard to others as they know they will get picked up by NHS after. Even the officers that I spoke to when I was in the cells said that they didn't know what the armed police were doing as we already had negotiations made. They turned what would've been a peaceful scenario with a fun pursuit for both parties into a shit show where everyone is pissed off and the hostage was stabbed. 

• Like 4
  • Facepalm 1
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 09/08/2021 at 21:38, Recon9 said:

I think there are a lot of cases of unnecessary swearing towards members of the public. There are cases where it is valid and realistic, "Drop the fucking gun, show me your fucking hands", but there have also been cases of "Stop driving like a fucking cunt" which seems unnecessary.

Totally agree, this is in a direct violation of the public order act of 1986 which the police are here to uphold.  Their language in public places is a cause of undue distress and is an arrestable offence in itself 

19 hours ago, Tommo said:

Totally agree, this is in a direct violation of the public order act of 1986 which the police are here to uphold.  Their language in public places is a cause of undue distress and is an arrestable offence in itself 

Police officers can swear, as long as they can justify the use of language they can swear as much as they want. If someone has a gun then of course police are going to use strong language to overwhelm the suspect.