What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here 5 left!

Unban Appeal - Gecko_ - GTA RP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gecko_

Banned
Unban Appeal for Gecko_ 

In-game Name: Billy Stevens

Server: GTA RP

Steam ID: 76561198151142279

Ban ID: !!rpuk8596!!

Reason given for your ban: G1.2, G2.4, G4.4

In your own words, please type why you think you were banned.: I was banned because I let my usual high standard of roleplay slip, which I am the utmost upset about. One of the reasons cited for my ban was G4.4. On a few occasions my standards slipped when I was injured. I deeply regret this and my roleplay was not up to the standard I usually set myself. I did not roleplay my injuries anywhere near as well as I should have. I know better and recognise where I went wrong. I am upset about and regret this deeply, I not only let myself down by throwing my own roleplay standards completely out the window, but I also ruined the experience of everyone that was present. G4.4 is a rule that is in place to ensure that roleplay is kept to a high standard when your character is incapacitated, I recognise and acknowledge this fully. My roleplay was not good in this respect and I take full responsibility for this.

I was also banned for G1.2 and G2.4. Throughout the day and the night before my ban, I engaged in many fights and aggressive gang-related altercations with Vagos. In one of these scenarios I was involved in an altercation with Vagos near their safehouse, they had threatened me and a few others at gunpoint, this lead to the altercation. I was going back and forth executing forays into their area. We had been fighting for some time in the area and during one of the skirmishes Stuart teleported me to a roof and questioned me about my actions, he believed at the time I was in breach of G1.2. I explained that there was roleplay behind my actions and everything was, from my perspective, acting with accordance to server rules. After giving Stuart an explanation that I assumed he was happy with he let me go and I considered the matter resolved as he had no issue with my explanation and reasoning. This is the only instance I can think of as to why I was banned for G1.2. I assumed this situation was resolved and I was absolved of any wrongdoing if I had in fact broken server rules I was not made aware of that fact. Other than this particular incident I can’t recall any other reason for the G1.2 breach to be highlighted.

In regards to the breach of G2.4, I believe this to be a tad unfair. I believe this is in relation to an incident that happened in Sandy Shores. I was in the area of Sandy shores and spotted two Vagos cars down the street. I quickly attempted to leave before I was spotted, driving fast up a dirt verge to the south to escape. My car had hit a rock on the incline that lead to my car being damaged, due to this I slowed to a stop, I heard a voice behind me, shouting at me to stop. By this point, I was already out of my car, firearm in my hands, and I was being shot at, I then shot back leading to me being overrun and subsequently downed. In regards to the no value of life I agree the situation could have been handled better, however, when under pressure to escape, feeling like you’re going to be caught at any second, put immense pressure on me. I wasn’t even acutely aware of the amount of danger I was in until it was right on top of me, giving me barely any time to react accordingly. When I was down I saw that there were much more Vagos than I anticipated or knew about. If I had known there were that many in the area I would’ve done things much differently. I can only say this in hindsight. I wish my actions were different but I can’t change it. What I saw is what my character saw and at the time me and my character didn’t see clearly the level of dangers we were exposed to. If I knew this I wouldn’t have taken hostile action. After this situation my standards slipped in regards to G4.4 where I spoke without roleplaying my injuries to the extent I know I am capable of. I deeply regret this and am saddened that I had conducted myself in this manner.

I would like to comment on the recent report against me that accused me of breaching G1.2. The complainant (Isak) in this matter was actively involved with a group of people that were actively trying to take my life, by his own admittance he was acting as a guard on the street waiting for me to return. He knew what was happening and his feigning ignorance does not absolve him of the facts. The facts clearly show he was involved in the altercation, taking a direct part in an attempt to harm me. He knew he was in trouble when he ran from me, he knew that he was implicated and that he was now in danger. I don’t wish to comment too much on this as I just wanted to give as clear a picture as I can about every aspect of my situation and be as transparent as possible.

Why should we unban you ?: In conclusion, I have been on the server for a decent amount of time, building a fairly known and interesting character. I try my best but recently I recognise that in certain aspects I have failed to live up to the standards that the server sets. I am ashamed of this, I’m ashamed that I may have tarnished a carefully built reputation for providing high-quality and interesting roleplay. I am frustrated and annoyed with myself for allowing myself to let myself slip like this. I have never been permanently banned before, I am upset that it has come to this and deeply wish I could go back and change my actions. I not only let myself down, but I also let down everyone I interacted with too. I am open to any and all criticisms and questions you wish to put forward to me. I wish to correct this behaviour and hopefully, one day come back and provide roleplay to a high standard once more.

Please confirm that you have read the unban appeal process and rules: Yes

Hello @Gecko_

Looking at your record, I see two warnings and one prior ban for 'G1.2 - RDM' alone, this is a small portion of your rather extensive history, with a total of 12 prior bans and warnings combined.
-At what point will these staff actions have an effect?

Apart from this, another fourth of your bans and warnings are relating to what appears a rather immature side of you, in your way of presenting yourself in OOC, by swearing and being abusive towards other members, in an 'out of character' chat. Without a doubt, a fair bit of leniency has been extended to yourself, as OOC abuse often comes with a harsher consequence, and only one of these incidents actually resulted in a ban, and that was only for a day.

- I am going to be completely honest with you; your record shows a fairly clear pattern. It shows a poor attitude displayed both in, and out of role play. It shows someone who is very focused on 'me' rather than dividing their focus on themselves, as well as others, to make role play scenarios interesting and enjoyable to all parties. 
If your focus lies in always winning, or in a way 'force' a scenario to go your way, disregarding other parties in an ongoing role play scenario, then your priorities need amending.

- It is in essence the same rules that are repeatedly broken, all reflecting upon;
        |_ Providing poor quality role play & RDM, Displaying a poor attitude OOC, Failing to RP in a way that is considerate for all parties (e.g G2.4, G4.4 etc).

- - - - - - -
You mention taking part in a gang-related war, I would assume referring to the one between "Hustlers" and "Vagos" - This strikes me as interesting, as your character is no longer a member of Hustlers. Now, you are engaging in a gang war with a group that already has 25 members - meaning they suddenly have more members than the already set limit. This limit (25) is there for a reason. - This will be looked into further and dealt with by the relative parties in due time. 

Now - although I appreciate the effort you've put into writing this appeal, I am yet to see any clear effect of the other 12 times staff had to take action. 
I am hoping to see positive results from this. - As of such, I ask that you take this ban as an opportunity to thoroughly reflect upon your actions, as I believe it'd be redundant to unban you after only twelve days of being banned. 

- - - - - - -
Please submit another unban appeal earliest on the 11th of June, 2022. 
This is in four weeks time, giving you ample time to reacquaint yourself with the rules once more, and reflect upon the way you present yourself in and out of character.

-> GTA RP Rules
-> Community Rules

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back