Jump to content
ALTIS LIFE
...
GTA RP
...
TEAMSPEAK
...

We are currently undergoing maintenance

The forums are available for use, yet please do not expect full functionality.

Wilco

Rules Feedback

Recommended Posts

Simon Ross

Add the PCC Rules to the actual Rule Page

Additional comments

  1. Only the original complainant (original poster), police command and the officers involved should be commenting on an ongoing police complaint.
  2. Anyone who posts without contributing any value to the complaint in the form of relevant evidence will have their post hidden unless they are a member of the staff team. Warning points may be issued.
  3. Anyone who posts an edited video in an attempt to get those they reported into trouble will be banned."

There is no mention of this within the Forum Rules on the Rule page, and the likelihood is you are not going to be reading the Police Complaints Procedure document unless you are the person submitting it, so people may comment on it whilst being completely unaware of this rule without digging into the forums and stumbling across this post. I believe they should either be added into the Rules page under the 15.x heading or the forum punishment should be removed entirely, and it should be an in game punishment( Have interfering with Police Procedure) added to your record or something like that. 

 

You cannot expect people to have read this document if they are not the author themselves, and a majority of the rules in this post do not effect the person writing the message but instead just other people who may be reading them. I would also suggest that if there are any other examples of rules like this written in posts on the forums which are not actually written on the rules page then they should not be enforced, or written onto the rules page where a larger number of people will see them, and then have them enforced.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Tadeusz Triton

I don't think it should be in the rules page but maybe the procedures document should be more like a cover letter forcing you to go through that before you can view anything related to for example a pcc. Guess this is more of a forum suggestion really than a rules one. 

Share this post


Link to post
Hasil The Bastard

Police seezing wepons in greenzones. 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Roberts
2 hours ago, Hasil The Bastard said:

Police seezing wepons in greenzones. 

But doesn't that defeat the object of policing? A police officer won't turn a blind eye on a crime just because of the area the person is in 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Rice Krispy
3 hours ago, Roberts said:

But doesn't that defeat the object of policing? A police officer won't turn a blind eye on a crime just because of the area the person is in 

 

I agree with you here, I think a rule more towards stopping police from camping airport spawn etc. To just take weapons from rebels as soon as they spawn in and with no way then to get out of it.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Simon Ross
1 minute ago, Rice Krispy said:

I agree with you here, I think a rule more towards stopping police from camping airport spawn etc. To just take weapons from rebels as soon as they spawn in and with no way then to get out of it.

^^ rules to ensure people have the opportunity to backpack/store their weapon in a car. If they take the piss with it then go ahead and take it but simply spawning or running to a pad to get a vehicle shouldn’t result in it getting yoinked 

Share this post


Link to post
Nomad

Some kind of rule giving you a a small amount of time after spawning in (could literally be 30 seconds) where you are more or less safe to get in to it wouldn't be too bad of an idea. Problem would probably be how to define it so that it can not be abused.

Share this post


Link to post
Roberts
1 hour ago, Rice Krispy said:

I think a rule more towards stopping police from camping airport spawn etc. To just take weapons from rebels as soon as they spawn in and with no way then to get out of it.

See that I agree with, cops normally turn a blind eye when someone has just spawned in but you get the odd few who like to take weapons in the GZ, I normally ask them to put it away for example 

Share this post


Link to post
Rice Krispy
40 minutes ago, CSI Nomad said:

Some kind of rule giving you a a small amount of time after spawning in (could literally be 30 seconds) where you are more or less safe to get in to it wouldn't be too bad of an idea. Problem would probably be how to define it so that it can not be abused.

Problem with this is that you’d have to immediately race for a vehicle to escape, which is not fun for people just spawning in. A lot of the time as well if I make it to a vehicle then cops just use their weapons to disable it - in a GZ. 
 

Perhaps a rule alone the lines of “Police are not allowed to arrest and strip the weapons of players just spawning in at airport unless a warning has be given to hide their weapon and two minutes to comply.” Or something more along them lines, so if they decide to keep the weapon out after 2 minutes of being warned then it’s just fair game

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
KeirT
3 hours ago, Simon Ross said:

^^ rules to ensure people have the opportunity to backpack/store their weapon in a car. If they take the piss with it then go ahead and take it but simply spawning or running to a pad to get a vehicle shouldn’t result in it getting yoinked 

It's pretty much an un written rule to never arrest anyone in the little spawn room in air port we wait for them to run out and and start doing stuff, you have a chance to backpack it then but, would u really expect cops to just let people run around with mk 18s in air port and just leave them? Your suggestion to fix the issue is by making the officer tell you to put it away, I feel that will vary from person to person Roberts may do it as he is experienced in cops and rebel so he knows the bore of having your gun yoinked but a semi new prob pc will be all over it and will try everything to take it. Cops generally take weapons from people depending on factors, the calibor of weapon, the peerson holding it and attitude. If you are walking around openly with a big gun (7.62) it'll be yoinked its dangerous and is more powerfull than most cops have, if the officer knows the person with the gun they may be more inclined to ask them to hide it and the attitude of the person well if u are gonna be rude and evasive the officer will take it without hesitation. U also have the chance to roleplay your way out of it, make a story up or make a hunting document or something then u are likely to keep it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Rice Krispy
2 hours ago, SGT KeirT said:

It's pretty much an un written rule to never arrest anyone in the little spawn room in air port we wait for them to run out and and start doing stuff, you have a chance to backpack it then but, would u really expect cops to just let people run around with mk 18s in air port and just leave them? Your suggestion to fix the issue is by making the officer tell you to put it away, I feel that will vary from person to person Roberts may do it as he is experienced in cops and rebel so he knows the bore of having your gun yoinked but a semi new prob pc will be all over it and will try everything to take it. Cops generally take weapons from people depending on factors, the calibor of weapon, the peerson holding it and attitude. If you are walking around openly with a big gun (7.62) it'll be yoinked its dangerous and is more powerfull than most cops have, if the officer knows the person with the gun they may be more inclined to ask them to hide it and the attitude of the person well if u are gonna be rude and evasive the officer will take it without hesitation. U also have the chance to roleplay your way out of it, make a story up or make a hunting document or something then u are likely to keep it. 

Where would they backpack an mk18? Considering you’re one of the cops who has gone to airport and targeted people just spawning in I am not surprised to see you here trying to justify it. It’s the most scummiest thing to do. When people log in they just want to chill out and decide what to do, not immediately have to leg it or surrender their firearm because a cop is stood at airport with his rubber gun. The rule I posted above should be a thing, everyone should be able to spawn in and not immediately become stressed. Warn and wait 2 minutes and if you can’t handle that then just avoid airport altogether.

Share this post


Link to post
Tadeusz Triton

Maybe a dev solution that could add a countdown spawn in timer above folks heads so police can see that. 

Perhaps this should be addressed more to the police command so that they need to have a specialist operation in order to confiscate. Still think tazers only GZ should be a thing as opposed to the ability to use 850rpm rubber bullet guns. 

Share this post


Link to post
KeirT
2 hours ago, Rice Krispy said:

Where would they backpack an mk18? Considering you’re one of the cops who has gone to airport and targeted people just spawning in I am not surprised to see you here trying to justify it. It’s the most scummiest thing to do. When people log in they just want to chill out and decide what to do, not immediately have to leg it or surrender their firearm because a cop is stood at airport with his rubber gun. The rule I posted above should be a thing, everyone should be able to spawn in and not immediately become stressed. Warn and wait 2 minutes and if you can’t handle that then just avoid airport altogether.

I apologise for driving through the airport and seeing illegal firearms and taking them? How am i meant to know if someone has just spawned or not, i agree with Tadeusz comment on having a timer above their head this could be posted to the player suggestions to get an idea of peoples different views. I thought rubber guns arent allowed anyway as it says no firearms in GZs i thought tazers were an exception, and if they are then maybe a suggestion to remove them being allowed.

  • Facepalm 1

Share this post


Link to post
Simon Ross

Ngl a timer above someone’s head just sounds kinda tacky and would look stupid if you ask me 

 

just don’t take it tbh. In gz people often get together and joke around - then suddenly police come and take your gun - then later on police ask “omg why you take me hostage/initiate/kill us for no reason” - even If initiateD on in gz and you run out, police often won’t leave the zone/will be behind you and still tasing at you and shoot at you still from inside - so even when you shoot back at them they won’t die due to the green zone protection. Just don’t do it without giving them fair chance to put gun in the car. Even then tho just let them keep the guns on the back cus in cars there is the chance of it going boom

  • Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

Share this post


Link to post
Charles Vane

Bum gangs like relic need there shit taking in a greenzone. All they do is hide there an chat shit. 

You dont need devs to stop police being cunts for ya, just get them in ties next time you see them. Simples

  • Like 2
  • Haha 6

Share this post


Link to post
PipJ
On 15/03/2020 at 14:42, Charles Vane said:

Bum gangs like relic need there shit taking in a greenzone. All they do is hide there an chat shit. 

You dont need devs to stop police being cunts for ya, just get them in ties next time you see them. Simples

Didn't think Relic was that relevant to the point of you whining about GZ bants, thank's for the free clout lad.

  • Facepalm 5

Share this post


Link to post
Stavik

The above have been discussed in todays staff meeting.

Share this post


Link to post
SI VeikkQ

I do not like gunfights in Altis or least of the amount of them what there is now in the server so my suggestion in introducing a similar rule for bating a gunfight like Fivem Server has wording could be changed, but general idea is to stop some people just driving around and looking gunfights with police ( and another faction, but my viewpoint is as a police officer ) with no intent to roleplay. 

GTA Rule is

Quote

"(G1.3) Baiting - Taking deliberate actions to create a scenario where you get chased or engaged with, especially to cause a firefight. Examples: Robbing a service station with the intent of a gunfight, deliberately committing crimes in front of the police, swearing at a group of gang members."

 

  • Wow 1

Share this post


Link to post
Charles Vane
34 minutes ago, SI VeikkQ said:

 

I do not like gunfights in Altis or least of the amount of them what there is now in the server so my suggestion in introducing a similar rule for bating a gunfight like Fivem Server has wording could be changed, but general idea is to stop some people just driving around and looking gunfights with police ( and another faction, but my viewpoint is as a police officer ) with no intent to roleplay. 

GTA Rule is

 

This is already a rule as far as rebels are concerned depending on situation but its not a written one. 

Every rebel i have ever known has known not too rob gas stations for the purpose of a gunfight. But this does leave it open to me being banned for it and someone else not being banned for it. 

But i mean relic go around robbing ATMs then initiating as soon as you arrive so who knows

  • PagChomp 2

Share this post


Link to post
SI VeikkQ
32 minutes ago, Charles Vane said:

This is already a rule as far as rebels are concerned depending on situation but its not a written one. 

Every rebel i have ever known has known not too rob gas stations for the purpose of a gunfight. But this does leave it open to me being banned for it and someone else not being banned for it. 

But i mean relic go around robbing ATMs then initiating as soon as you arrive so who knows

Yup I know it is unwritten rule. Making it written rule and setting punishments for action of bating.  Will dramatically lower some people to starting action, because there is a people now who probably think "I dos not say it on rules".  It now kind of like having a rule in road you can not speed but it dos not have any punishment. People will speed because  it dos not have punishment.  Least  I think like that. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Ji Mitch

(4.3) When joining the server, you cannot involve yourself in any ongoing hostile situations (eg. RBA or a robbery) involving your group/faction for 15 minutes.

I never thought redzones would count into this rule and it doesn't make a lot of sense for it to do so is this a staff member being incompetent or is the rule just not clarified enough?

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Daanv
4 minutes ago, Ji Mitch said:

(4.3) When joining the server, you cannot involve yourself in any ongoing hostile situations (eg. RBA or a robbery) involving your group/faction for 15 minutes.

I never thought redzones would count into this rule and it doesn't make a lot of sense for it to do so is this a staff member being incompetent or is the rule just not clarified enough?

 

(6.3.1) All other server rules apply in the Red zones with the exception of the RDM rule.

So I don't think its either one of the two options

 

Share this post


Link to post
Simon Ross
10 hours ago, Daanv said:

So I don't think its either one of the two options

 

Redzones are a permanent source of a gunfight. They are always an “active” place.  So +1 to removing this 15 minute cool down for going there. As of current I believe that most people have the same mindset as Ji Mitch too, as it is a very logical mindset to have. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Rice Krispy

I’ve got to agree with Ji here. How can a red zone be treated the same way as a robbery? Robberies you have to start through RP and red zones are always active. People who actually play on the server always treat it as completely different and if you’re going to start banning people for going to the red zones within 15 mins of connecting then I’m afraid you’re going to have to start banning a lot more people.

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post
Mr Maxim

In general can we have more rules regarding the red zone, had a complication yesterday because there are little to no rules regarding the zones. I understand every rule applies except RDM but what if you get shot at and then leave? The general consensus is that a gunfight can leave a zone and both parties can leave and continue shooting even if it gets dragged all the way to Athira or something. Things like Jason's recent ban, is an entire red zone an active situation? Does your gang have to be there for the 15 minute login rule to apply? These rules need to be clarified or removed entirely for red zones. Also, please remove NLR for red zones, yes it promotes fighting but the more fighting at the red zones there is the less there is everywhere else, gangs won’t bait for fights against cops when they can just go fight at the zones and more room for role play will be available, it’s also a great way to drain money from all the rich rebels that seem to be such a “problem” sometimes these things are the best way to get more RP out of the server.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×