ALTIS LIFE
GTA RP
TEAMSPEAK

Rules Feedback

Wilco

YoCo

I mean. Exploiting is a perm ban regardless of the fair ban system. So if he’s banned for exploiting, the fair ban isn’t applicable @Drex

unless it was common sense? Then it should be apparent from this string of posts, there was nothing common about it as most players didn’t even know

Edited by YoCo
  • Like 1
45 minutes ago, Drex said:

The punishment for it wasn't permanent - It was upgraded to perm due to fairbans system?

It's not a fair ban system, if he was perm banned unfairly to a rule that no one knew. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Facepalm 1
3 hours ago, YoCo said:

That’s like me shooting your car tires once and then you driving off and I say “but I shot your tires, they should have popped, you’ve abused an arma mechanic”

Cannot really compare base game mechanics to non-base game mechanics... If you shoot a tire with a 9mm IRL it's not just going to pop and instantly be flat btw... Not assuming you've never done that but if you had you should know this xD unfortunately this game and even modern games don't have very good mechanics especially when it comes to gravity, physics and comon earthly features such as air etc, which why when games do hit one of them marks they usually pop due to how realistic it is, and even still, not very realistic, unfortunately we cannot change the Arma 3 Base Mechanics and if someone could it would take them an extremely long time to perfect such things, however, if we could manage to not abuse A3 physics on purpose, like, placing a Spike Strip that instantly disables any vehicle on a stationary car especially when we all know that's not how spike strips work and should be common sense....... Maybe just don't do it as it's placed and controlled by a player, if you choose to abuse that mechanic then you should probably realize at that point what you're doing is wrong if you're willing to abuse mechanics and lack to think with natural common sense you may aswell desync vdm intentionally, DPI explot and whatever else stupid things that players can purposely abuse, but we can surely stop placing spike strips under stationary vehicles and use them correctly, no? Afterall, it is the individual player whom declares to do such thing and nothing to do with A3 Mechanics.

Point is, Spiking a stationary Vehicle should be a big no as you're purposely exploiting something you should know not to.

Edited by PipJ
  • Like 2
  • Love 6
YoCo
1 hour ago, PipJ said:

Cannot really compare base game mechanics to non-base game mechanics... If you shoot a tire with a 9mm IRL it's not just going to pop and instantly be flat btw... Not assuming you've never done that but if you had you should know this xD unfortunately this game and even modern games don't have very good mechanics especially when it comes to gravity, physics and comon earthly features such as air etc, which why when games do hit one of them marks they usually pop due to how realistic it is, and even still, not very realistic, unfortunately we cannot change the Arma 3 Base Mechanics and if someone could it would take them an extremely long time to perfect such things, however, if we could manage to not abuse A3 physics on purpose, like, placing a Spike Strip that instantly disables any vehicle on a stationary car especially when we all know that's not how spike strips work and should be common sense....... Maybe just don't do it as it's placed and controlled by a player, if you choose to abuse that mechanic then you should probably realize at that point what you're doing is wrong if you're willing to abuse mechanics and lack to think with natural common sense you may aswell desync vdm intentionally, DPI explot and whatever else stupid things that players can purposely abuse, but we can surely stop placing spike strips under stationary vehicles and use them correctly, no? Afterall, it is the individual player whom declares to do such thing and nothing to do with A3 Mechanics.

Point is, Spiking a stationary Vehicle should be a big no as you're purposely exploiting something you should know not to.

But it IS a game mechanic that spikes disable vehicles when placed next to them? You’re literally proving my argument. (The server isn’t modded so what is a non base game/base game) 😂

What can you not understand? You’re saying not to spike stationary vehicles is common sense. No. It is a game mechanic. If it shouldn’t be done, specify it, or prevent it with coding.

I feel like I’m trying to explain stuff to a brick wall to people that don’t actually read what I’m writing. 

Edited by YoCo
  • Like 1
  • Hype 1
  • Facepalm 4
21 minutes ago, YoCo said:

But it IS a game mechanic that spikes disable vehicles when placed next to them? You’re literally proving my argument. 

What can you not understand? You’re saying not to spike stationary vehicles is common sense. No. It is a game mechanic. If it shouldn’t be done, specify it, or prevent it with coding.

I feel like I’m trying to explain stuff to a brick wall to people that don’t actually read what I’m writing. 

DPI'ing is a game mechanic, as I said, so is tower lagging, sad but people do it, aswell as desync vdming... There should be no difference to abusing the Spike Strips in such a way, there is no argument, just don't do it, it's obviously exploiting and should be treat as such, I don't understand how you's can argue that just because it's not ruled out in big massive fonts across the forums that it's for some reason alright to exploit the mechanic behind it, we "could" fix ALOT of bugs, but as I said, that will take a very long time for people to do, so if people could -NOT- purposely abuse features in the game (Exploiting.) then it should be no issue to even be on this topic since it's straight common sense...

There is no argument to purposely abusing a mechanic which is seen as exploiting, no argument at all, especially because it's not in big fonts all over the forums disclosing the simple fact it's exploiting, sorry.

• Like 6
  • Love 4
  • Facepalm 4
YoCo
3 minutes ago, PipJ said:

especially because it's not in big fonts all over the forums disclosing the simple fact it's exploiting, sorry.

Can you show me up where it’s said about spike strips please?

YoCo

Obviously we won’t agree to see eye to eye, maybe a staff member wants to hide all the responses of back and forth that don’t contribute to an actual rules suggestion. (Don’t want to clog up the rules suggestion page)

cheers 

• Like 1
Simon Ross
3 minutes ago, PipJ said:

How can you not understand it's exploiting?

Because it is a feature which has had many different opinions over the years. Some days it is fully fine other days it is exploiting. What we are generally saying here is there should have been no punishment in this case and insead a PSA saying that in future anyone caught doing it will be banned for exploiting. Many long term players have commented here confused about the situation, and I think this clearly shows that there is a serious miscommunication with this.

It often has been interpreted as "I am slashing your tires", which is logical when putting spikes under a stationary car. If I want to knock someone out to restrain I could say I am going to kick your teeth in if you don't comply and then knock them out, the same way I could say I am going to rugby tackle you if you do not comply. It is how the RP is interpeted, and this knocking out thing is the same sorta thing. 

Does a ruling saying I am not allowed to use spike strips to slash tires now also mean I cannot RP a different way to kick someone to the ground and now I have to say "knock you out" every time whereas before I would say "Smash ya jaw in" or "Beat you down"

• Like 1
  • Love 1

| Altis Police Force:  Ex PPC     | Poseidon Cartel: Soldier -Atlas - Sea Dog - Air Trained     | National Health Service: DR - RIR - AR - Ex MTO

If you RP "I'm slashing your tires" surely it would not be any issue, but that simply didn't happen.

• Love 1
17 minutes ago, PipJ said:

If you RP "I'm slashing your tires" surely it would not be any issue, but that simply didn't happen.

But you can say that with everything, tower lagging up a tower I can say “I fucking put butter on the stairs and it makes me slide” 🙂

As @Simon Rosssaid some days it’s totally fine to spikestrip a none moving vehicle and other times it’s not, honestly I don’t do this and the best solution to it is just shoot out the tires or disable the engine on the spot.

I mean if you're tower lagging up DMT's you should give your head a wobble, it's an RP server not a KoTH server, no need for it, just walk up like normal people. Anyways, let's stop this chit chat because I see where your thoughts on the matter rests. I personally do not agree with Spiking a none moving vehicle unless RP'd correctly.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1
Robbie

Right then people, Can we all keep our comments to suggesting things and actual feedback on rules instead of debating and saying the same things back and forth. (it's a nightmare to read through during the rules meeting) feel free to get together on teamspeak have a chat see each others point of views and work together and come up with a suggestion that suits everyone instead of arguing over a thread which Stavik has already stated that we are going to visit it in the upcoming rules meeting. 

On 19/11/2020 at 23:31, Stavik said:

It's been enforced like this since 2017.
But we will visit it this coming rules meeting 😉

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Facepalm 1

robbie's.gif

Maxim

Robbie, the issue that people are arguing about here is less about a spike strip being able to spike non moving vehicles but more that a player has been PERMANENTLY banned for doing something that simply IS NOT exploiting, and something that a huge amount of players have done in the past with 0 repercussions purely because of that fact that it isn’t exploiting, And I for one am not gonna sit here and pretend that it is acceptable for a player to be treated Like this. This is not a rules issue that can be brought up in the next rules meeting. This is a major issue where a player has been banned permanently because a staff member has mistakenly stated something is exploiting when it simply isn’t!

I mean absolutely no disrespect to Samantha with this comment, me and her have had a rocky relationship to say the least, however on this occasion she took the wrong action and then ban needs to be overturned.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Facepalm 2

. I WANA SAFARHA.

Stavik

The player was banned based on the proceidures of the Fair Ban System. 3 bans + 2 recent warnings do put you on a short leash.

The length of your ban are the following:

1st Ban - 24 hour ban

2nd Ban - 48 hour ban

3rd Ban - 1 Week Ban

4th Ban - Permanent Ban (Requires Appeal)

Base yourself of actual facts, look into stuff. Read up on before you guess something.

The whole spikestrip as i stated earlier will be discussed. Anything further on this issue in this thread will be met with a warning. Not the place.
Any questions, yet again i urge you  to message myself.

• Like 4
  • Facepalm 6
  • PagChomp 1

To get something you never had, you have to do something you never did