What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here 5 left!

How To Snipe - Mil-dots and basics tutorial!

Clarity

Decided to make a tutorial on the basics of sniping and how to use mil-dots, hope this helps you guys out! took me a while to make and edit so every bit of love is appreciated hahaha,  let me know what you think :D ENJOY!!!

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited by a moderator:
I see a new actor for the new movie American Sniper 2

hahaha joking bud, nice video

Hi clarity, can you change the range thingy of every scope?

Hi clarity, can you change the range thingy of every scope?
You can with all marksman scopes

so no RCO, ARCO, ERCO etc.

Lemmen variant: 

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

@JaxTeller Hahaha tit ;) would be a sick film tho!

@SGT Dan Barretto yes mate, as lemmen said with all marksmen scopes you can, but not stuff like rco's and all that

@DSGT Fergus DMS's are a pain in the ass TBH mate but I have a method I use which works brilliant for the DMS, will more thank likely make a tutorial on it in the future

made a slight editing error, Kahlia's Go up 25M each line however it still follows the same rule of thumb shown in the video :)

@Jaegarn My video proves otherwise mate as you can see it definatly goes up in 50 for this scope I'll try actually find out the exact distances of each scope and make a graph or something then post it here. I was just a dummy last night and forgot to cut out the 50M part at the end -.- and only realised when it was on YouTube lol! was meant to say all scopes follow the same rule of thumb

@JammalCammal I'm pretty sure its 25, however 25 to 30 isn't too much of a difference anyway, I'll try my best to work it out,

if anyone already knows anything like this feel free to enlighten us all please hahah

Pretty sure LRPS is 25m zoomed in 50m out but depends on FOV aswell
Everyone trowing different numbers... however its neither of 25 or 50 :p you can also see from the video thay the range is not 50m if you look carefully. Trop is dependent of a weapon and a range it does not work like so. Also angle of the shot affects the fact how "much" one mill adds to the range. Shooting from 700m elevated position forexample the drag of the bullet is nearly half from what it is when shooting horizontaly. Guide is good rule of thumb and will get plenty of people going. However just 50m per mil is not accurate enough for more skilled/advanced players.

Everyone trowing different numbers... however its neither of 25 or 50 :p you can also see from the video thay the range is not 50m if you look carefully. Trop is dependent of a weapon and a range it does not work like so. Also angle of the shot affects the fact how "much" one mill adds to the range. Shooting from 700m elevated position forexample the drag of the bullet is nearly half from what it is when shooting horizontaly. Guide is good rule of thumb and will get plenty of people going. However just 50m per mil is not accurate enough for more skilled/advanced players.
All live server weapons 25 zoomed and 50 out , changes due to elevation thats all.

@angellfall your right mate, this is just a basic guide that has always worked for me and will lead people in the right direction to getting more accurate kills, if you was to try work out the exact distance it would be an absolute night mare because so many factors effect the exact distance such as wether it's suppressed, the caliber, the time it takes the bullet to reach the target at 'x' amount of distance and all that sort of stuff but as I say it's just a nice little rule of thumb to follow. I'll link a guide I found about how to find the exact distance but just a little warning....it's REALLY complicated and unless you were going to Be a professional sniper in the army then I wouldn't bother learning it hahah this should be good enough for a game of arma tho lol :p 

Here is the guide I was talking about: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=416223117

@Silker I'm using an LRPS in the video zoomed in Not on an elevated level and it's around 50 as you can see, maybe it's like this for the other marksmen scopes? But not for the LRPS like your claiming...maybe could be down to your FOV like you said tho :S 

@TCK Clarity what you did not take into account in your video as from that range with .408 bullet the drop is really low compared to 6.5 or 7.62 and may represent 1mil per 50m. However for 7.62 bullet the drop at over 1k range is much more and you will get alot more bullet drop per mil so you need to compensate the drop more therefore making silkers comment valid. So if target is standing up and you go for the center mass with the 50per mill i would expect you to hit the feet of the target. However if the target is prone you will miss.

Back