What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

advanced damage to vehicles and health damage on vehicle crashes

Nazgul

Investor
Investor
Brief Summary:

So i believe something similar was suggested about losing health when crashing your vehicle at high speeds.

Leak fuel when you crash all on random chance (roll the dice like chance).

Detailed Suggestion:

So with the release of the firefighter faction within NHS. I thought it would be good time to give an idea on expanding the chances of fires to be started through vehicles.

the detailed suggestion would include:

Having a crash in your vehicle has a chance to make your car start to leak fuel this can be calculated on how quickly the fuel leaks from the impact of the crash. With fuel leaks these have the risk of catching fire from other vehicles giving off sparks or deliberately being started by other players. 

This will also include more chances of fire's in the city making the firefighters have more to do in player made fires ethers deliberately or accidentally through car accidents.

HEALTH REDUCTION FROM CAR CRASHES:

Take Health damage from car accidents. 

This will be a good feature as currently you can drive off freeways ramps 40 meters in the air and not take any health damage same as driving off a pier into the sea at high speeds with the same effect. 

This would add more realism to the server and people would consider the rule which seems to be ignored quite often  (G1.8).

The Pros:

Adds more consequences to dangerous driving and crashing your vehicle.

Adds more for NHS,firefighter and police to do roleplay wise for crashed vehicles.

The Cons:

I would assume a lot of dev work

Does this suggestion change balance on the server ?

Could make the getaway of criminals meta change with consequences of totaling a vehicle and being incapacitated behind the wheel from crashing.

Last edited by a moderator:
can those that down vote please explain why they do not like the suggestion?

-1 from me. I don't see a need for this ever since the repair kit changes. I think there should be a line between realistic driving and it being a game. I don't log on to drive at 30mph everywhere so that I don't die. As much as I wish the realistic driving was better, this will only happen if people stop at red light ectect.

Having cars set on fire means that you'd lose that car for the full restart. And what if there is no NHS or FIRE?

This means that police will win even more situations / chases as they have 4-5 units chasing whereas only 1 car running.

Overall, I don't think that this is worth the devwork as there are much more interesting things that time could be spent on such as more things to do for criminals or such. This adds more for these whitelisted factions to do which really isn't needed at the moment. I have a feeling that this will continue to be downvoted over the fact there is no need since the repair update.

PS: You can take damage if you crash hard enough 😉 Trust me... I've done it.

-1 I dont like the fire-aspect of this, I would be more onboard with the leaking fuel as another form of damage but really dont like the idea of someones vehicle catching fire and then being gone for the next 4 hours.

-1 from me. I don't see a need for this ever since the repair kit changes. I think there should be a line between realistic driving and it being a game. I don't log on to drive at 30mph everywhere so that I don't die. As much as I wish the realistic driving was better, this will only happen if people stop at red light ectect.

Having cars set on fire means that you'd lose that car for the full restart. And what if there is no NHS or FIRE?

This means that police will win even more situations / chases as they have 4-5 units chasing whereas only 1 car running.

Overall, I don't think that this is worth the devwork as there are much more interesting things that time could be spent on such as more things to do for criminals or such. This adds more for these whitelisted factions to do which really isn't needed at the moment. I have a feeling that this will continue to be downvoted over the fact there is no need since the repair update.

PS: You can take damage if you crash hard enough 😉 Trust me... I've done it.
fair view i shall edit the suggestion as thinking about it now there are flaws in the fire part 

-1 I dont like the fire-aspect of this, I would be more onboard with the leaking fuel as another form of damage but really dont like the idea of someones vehicle catching fire and then being gone for the next 4 hours.
fair enough will edit the suggestion

Back