What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

ANPR / No number plate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Qrow

Bug Reporter
Unlinked
Brief Summary: Doesn't really make sense that plateless cars and bikes get tickets and ANPR'd

Detailed Suggestion:

Plenty of vehicles can have their plates removed or don't have plates at all. 
No plates means you shouldn't be able to get ANPR'd
It would be nice for this to be roleplayed - Failing that removed via development. 

The Pros:

It only makes sense.
adds an avenue of roleplay interaction. 
Can be further developed.

The Cons:

I'll get pulled over all the time. 😛

Does this suggestion change balance on the server ? 
No. 

At least give me credit for the idea

(sarcasem)

Don't mind the suggestion - but to keep things balanced the Police would need to have the authority to seize any vehicle found on roads without plates, at first temporarily but if continued then permanently, as the vehicles would not be roadworthy (Relevant policy: https://sites.google.com/view/lscourts/policies/vehicle-policy). It would also need to be quite expensive to do with serious additional cons or there will otherwise be no vehicles with plates within a very short amount of time if there isn't, and the Police do not have the resources to deal with all vehicles doing this.

This also creates a problem for those cars which can not have plates added as the driver would not have a choice but to drive it in an unroadworthy state, and would hence be under constant threat of losing their vehicle if stopped by Police, and at no fault of their own. For this to be plausible to implement I, therefore, think all vehicles would need the option to have a plate, which would require dev work.

And being realistic, which was the point of the suggestion, the dealerships would then also have a responsibility to ensure what they sell is road-legal, something the Police/Council would also need to enforce.

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't mind the suggestion - but to keep things balanced the Police would need to have the authority to seize any vehicle found on roads without plates, at first temporarily but if continued then permanently, as the vehicles would not be roadworthy (Relevant policy: https://sites.google.com/view/lscourts/policies/vehicle-policy). It would also need to be quite expensive to do with serious additional cons or there will otherwise be no vehicles with plates within a very short amount of time if there isn't, and the Police do not have the resources to deal with all vehicles doing this.

This also creates a problem for those cars which can not have plates added as the driver would not have a choice but to drive it in an unroadworthy state, and would hence be under constant threat of losing their vehicle if stopped by Police, and at no fault of their own. For this to be plausible to implement I, therefore, think all vehicles would need the option to have a plate, which would require dev work.

And being realistic, which was the point of the suggestion, the dealerships would then also have a responsibility to ensure what they sell is road-legal, something the Police/Council would also need to enforce.
Sorry. I forgot that realism is better than fun. 
I'll climb back in my hole. 

Sorry. I forgot that realism is better than fun. 
Not the point. The point is that the server balance would swing even further towards criminals if a feature such as this is not balanced, and hence ruin RP and by extension ruin fun. Keeping a good server balance is not ruining fun, it is considering that the server has to be enjoyable by all parties and not only the side one is on.

Only reason I brought realism up was the fact that your main pro for this was "It only makes sense" which is essentially banking on the same realism argument you are criticizing me for.

@Qrow I keep having this issue on my sanchez police pulling me over cus im wanted yet it has no plates but cops calling me the name registered etc etc like hmm and the I know who u are and who it's registered too being shouted at in other people's cars I've stole like bruh it's rp be creative investigate it like OK tell me how that's not a move to have an upper hand on this situation.....   I Dunno what else to suggest other than FAKE plates. What could be a thing is like in no pixel u car steal different classes of car and scratch there vins off so it's not registered to any one but if caught the cops can crush it impound it etc etc also it would be like a new job script a decent reward in its self cus u can keep the car as a reward for the job or you could scrap it an get money for parts maybe we can have ecu tuners for local cars a thing to make them faster for robberies and shit so cops don't know  I dunno  just food for thought 

@Alfred Wilson trade plates could be introduced in the cars so the car be legally driven on the road?  And police would have to rp and get to the bottom of it...?   Don't forget bro  police have the best guns freely ammo freely the numbers armour cars 100% cop cars are tanks on steroids also like u got spike strips to catch cars the criminal has everything to lose communications everything for free and unlimited at disposal  criminals really don't have an advantage really.  gain Intel conduct a massive Rp detective case like now with the race scene getting big   I think sometimes people are too quick to dismiss things because people don't like change 

I'd say +1 except it would change the balance of the server, removing LSPS' ability to find the vehicle owners and also prevent us from recovering stolen vehicles without VRM's 

If thats the case then maybe add plates for everything that doesnt have a plate, or add the ability to read a VIN after stopped, A VIN that cant be read by ANPRs but is entitled to the plate whether there is a plate or not.

Brief Summary: Change the plate removal system so it would actually change your plate if you have paid for it to be changed or removed it like it would act if I was changed on a mod menu.              (For everyone not just visibly like it is at the moment)

Detailed Suggestion: At the moment all plates show up on the ANPR system whether they have a plate or not. My suggestion along with most I assume is to make it so it actually changes for everyone.

If any of you have changed a plate on a mod menu in GTA and tried to ANPR it will not show or it show the plate you have changed it to. I'd love it to work in the same way for the server to prevent disagreements on vehicles with and without a plate. 

The Pros: Preventing the issues that are currently present without this or another suggestion being implemented... 

Vehicles that physically cannot have a licence plate | Understandably people are annoyed when they are pulled over for not having a licence plate as it is not within their control.

Vehicles that have their plate removed | People are once again understandably annoyed when they are pulled over for a warrant for example with no plate visible, however it is visible to us and you cannot always tell until you're close or like the situation now we have to assume you have a plate to make it fair for all. 

^ Linked onto the above is people are now going to be annoyed that they have paid for their plate to be removed however with the new situation it has no effect as the assumption is that they have a plate.

Un-necessary reports for fail RP + Un-necessary hostility towards the Police | I feel as-though currently however potentially getting worse with the new implementation (Everyone having a plate) will cause more reports which will not be seen through as our assumption is you have a plate. Or un-necessary hostility even more than it currently is towards the Police, because all plates are visible whether there or not.
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I'm not a developer and therefore do not know if this is possible or how difficult it may be to implement, however I feel either the above suggestion or removing the option to have your plate removed would be a good one at least until other options are within reach to prevent any more hostility towards the police un-necessarily which is out of our control at this time.

The Cons: 1# Extensive consideration would need to be made on pricing etc and locations this can be done to ensure its not mis-used. EG: Gets away from police and changes plate for £100 cannot be traced. 

2# Makes the job harder for the RPU division however could also be seen as a positive with road crim investigation into gangs or persons using fake plates etc.

Does this suggestion change balance on the server ? Yes

Let me know your thoughts 🙂 ,

even with this police get hate daily part of our job unfortunately. but i don't see this working until the issue itself is sorted although i do like the idea and as part of road crime that is something i would like to see but at this time police don't have the capabilities to track a car that is owned by a player without its number plate same as we can't track a player in a local car the only thing we have is make of car and colour and if lucky enough a description of the driver. 

at this time i won't vote as i like the idea but there needs more work for police to track such a countermeasure for being found to keep the balance

Plates will be added to any vehicles that are missing them, it is not intended for any vehicles to be "plateless" and can be considered a bug. Please report them on the forums if you find any.

So its been clear for a while that the ANPR system can magically read number plates that dont exist - I wasnt sure to put it in here as a suggestion or a bug report.

Smart Criminals would use such vehicles to make it harder for Police to identify them while commiting crime, leading to more indepth investigations required or physical capture by Police. After choosing to remove the numberplate at a vehicle mod shop. 

My suggestion is to amend the ANPR system to only capture vehicle details on vehicles that actually display numberplates. IMO this would be better than gangs going out just stealing locals to commit crime in. As always feel free to add your thoughts below.

On a side note, vehicles could have a secondary method of identication that only police could do once a vehicle is seized ( VIN numbers ) that would trace back to the owner etc.

Pros -

More realistic, Better in depth Policing. Police satisfaction when getting such a vehicle after an investigation, rather than a stolen local which has no impact on anyone.

Criminals would use thier own vehicles more, because they are better, but also run the risk of loosing them too if captured.

I dont think this would upset any balance in city.

Cons -

Dev work, I have a feeling this could be a pain to sort Dev wise adding exceptions for vehicles with no plates.

I was made to believe that a vehicle that has no plates is a bug. However after opening a ticket with staff I was told this is not the case and if it has the option then it is infact meant to be there. For example the Yosemite Rancher has the option to remove both the front & rear plates in Benny's/Los Santos Customs amongst many other vehicles. So after discussing this further in the ticket with staff I was asked to make a suggestion regarding this. 

With this in mind I am suggesting that some changes are made in regards to vehicles having no plates in relation to ANPR's & Speed Cameras. So if a vehicle has no plates then the ANPR system would not be able to flag the vehicle and check who the registered owner is. Not having plates enables more RP for both parties. It would mean criminals have the option to commit crimes potentially of the radar from the police and at less risk in some regards but at a higher risk in others. It could even lead to serious trouble as not having a vehicle with plates could become a driving offence therefore resulting in a police pursuit or investigation and undercover work to find out who the registered owner is. This could result in threats being made for the car to be seized or even possibly scrapped if plates are not put onto the vehicle. If this is abused it could result in not having a plate means the car will automatically be scrapped if caught. So it comes with a big risk. But also gives the criminal that option to try and not get caught in said vehicle.

For the Speed Camera's it would mean the car would not be picked up. Again this reeps it's benefits for the criminal. However it could still flag up on the watchlist saying something like "Plate less car" with a make/model description and colour which could still make sense as Speed Cameras when caught speeding IRL show a full image of the car itself. This would enable officers to keep a look out for the vehicle in question posing risk to the criminal but keeps the use of no plates fair. 

From a police POV & its impact on RP: 

When playing on my police character I've had numerous occasions I have come across someone committing a crime using a vehicle with no plates. I have been told a few times that having no plates doesn't matter by police seniors and that I should continue with ANPR and act as if they do have plates. On the other hand the person committing the crime just point blank refuses to comply saying I have no plates how do you know its mine etc etc. Which I can understand their frustration as there is options to have no plates. This hinders the RP and can alter how the scenario plays out often in a negative way. Not only this it makes for an awkward situation sometimes having to "pretend" they have plates when they clearly don't.

From a Crim POV & its impact on RP:

When playing on my gang character I have had times that I have been ANPR'd and I have also been like "but I have no plates" and to be honest I would rather RP that it doesn't have plates and maybe deal with the consequences of having a plate-less vehicle. It usually just gets hushed off as a "city" issue which again shows how the RP is effected by the plate situation. 

Overall I feel the RP is effected greatly on both sides from this. It usually has a more negative outcome as the terminology then being used in the situation becomes "city issue" or "god issue" etc. It can also effect it due to crims not wanting to comply with having no plates and then the cop saying well you do. It then becomes a back and forth and either party just gets frustrated with the situation then. I personally have found it more difficult to RP as a cop when approaching people that have no plates due to the uncertainty on it from both perspectives. 

I would like to hear the communities opinions on this whether negative or positive

Pros -

• Enables a lot more RP opportunities for police & for the criminals
  • Adds more realism to the situation
  • enhances the RP situation to better suit the use of having no plates 

Cons - 

• Dev work
  • Could potentially shift balance of server

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back