What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Ban Roleplay of an Overt Sexual Nature

As with every rule, it is going to be abused. I understand the need for a rule like that. Even as a grown woman, I sometimes have a hard time dealing with people who behave like that. I have learned throughout my years in the community to ignore them. One of the main reasons why I for instance will not join the police is that they don't have the option to shoot idiots like that to silence them quickly. As a sexual assault survivor myself, I know all too well that a quick sollution is often easier than being stuck in a situation and having to deal with continued exposure and the resulting triggers.

Reporting is of course the answer, sadly it doesn't always mean that you are instantly rid of the threat and can go back to playing comfortably in this community. Of course, people will always say 'It's the internet, if you can't handle it, don't be here' but it's not really. There are many wonderful areas on the internet where shit like this isn't tolerated and people support each other. It isn't the internet itself that is the bad guy, it's humanity.

Within this community there are many wonderful people. I know for instance that when I come across a nasty figure like that, Poseidon always has my back and will swiftly get rid of them. I am fortunate enough to have made many friends in this community who will do so. But for all the new people, no matter the gender, let us older players watch out for them and just as swiftly protect them as Poseidon does for me. Let's show that this community has integraty and humanity.

In terms of women playing on this community, I am sure you are more hardened to this sort of thing being a girl gamer and that's why I think you and other women here do not report these events on how you are being treated by boys and even men! but we really do need to receive reports!!!
Reports are only taken seriously if you've told them via // to stop and they've continued. The damage is already done as it has been done in the first place. 

I understand the reasoning of it becoming a "I don't feel comfortable with this!" - but you gentlemen also need to consider that your rules are written in a VERY blurry manner. I've went to staff more than once with videos of people acting in an explicit fashion and it has been slipped as a "Well they stopped when asked". This means any person can behave in any fashion as long as they stop when asked to. It doesn't matter what they come out with before you've slipped them that message. Does this not seem flawed?

This rule change is to propose the forbidding of any sort of sexual explicit acts within the game. Take a second actually consider why it should be allowed with the context and atmosphere that the server is based around, because honestly? I can't find any form of logic as to why it should be.

Yes. It will still happen. But it will enable staff to handle the situation better than shrugging and going "Wellll.. They stopped, so!". 

---

With the situation with Oliver, I'm confident that I speak for the entire group when I say we appreciate that you are looking into the matter. It was handled poorly at best and it is absolutely good to see that it is being taken more seriously. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Gonna be honest and although I havent personally seen this happen I have heard about it and tbh I know of a female player who was followed by a guy in game and kept saying he was gonna marry her I know he meant this as a joke but it was obvious she was uncomfortable with it so I think that this should definatly be implemented along with maybe a few rules again stalking? not sure if one already exists

(C1.12) Sensitive Roleplay - Continuing to roleplay subjects of a sensitive nature after being requested to stop by another player will not be tolerated. Permanent Ban
This rule or a rule with that sort of wording can never be put in place. It will fast become known as the snowflake rule, meaning that every situation people can just say "I do not feel comfortable with this"

Next you wont be able to kidnap people or the Police wont be able to handcuff people because they do not feel comfortable with it!
C1.12 is already in your rules, and evidently there hasn't been a problem with it in relation to 'snowflakes' who are over-sensitive to every matter under the sun. I don't think anyone on this community has been asked to 'stop kidnapping me' and pasted rule C1.12 in a // note. 

What I am asking for is a new written rule, which intends to block any serious roleplay involving sex or sex acts. Which could be written as such:

C1.12.1 - Sexual Roleplay - Attempting to perform or performing a sexual act using your roleplay character, either alone or with another character, in roleplay. Permanent Ban

I am sure at one stage we did have a rule telling people to disconnect and report, Maybe it was removed down the years via various rule re-writes so we will discuss and see what we can do in adding something that makes "rape" and even "sexual roleplay" a permanent ban in writing, however just like for example racism, Such a rule will not stop people performing such acts just like it doesn't stop them from saying the N-word.
I understand that there will be people who still attempt to perform sex RP, just like there are people who come on the community to be toxic. However, this rule would inform and stop the ordinary player from engaging in sexual RP. Hence why we don't go around calling each other derogatory remarks as we go about our course of the day. 

The rule would also empower members of the community to report such incidents. Currently there is a requirement for a person to request to stop, and only then can they be banned. What if we had to request someone to stop bullying, harassing, discriminating against others - it would be a shit show. Just these extra protections to help a small group of people which only effects an even smaller group of the player base. 

Gonna be honest and although I havent personally seen this happen I have heard about it and tbh I know of a female player who was followed by a guy in game and kept saying he was gonna marry her I know he meant this as a joke but it was obvious she was uncomfortable with it so I think that this should definatly be implemented along with maybe a few rules again stalking? not sure if one already exists
This would be better suit under rules C1.1 (Bullying), C1.2 (Discrimination), C1.12 (Sensitive Roleplay) or even C1.4 (Harassment) as the conduct wouldn't constitute sexual roleplay, but still never the less, mostly unacceptable. 

This is just horrible. The 1.12 rule was literally created with the idea to protect people from Roleplay, that either required several hundreds of rules to catch every situation or was just so bad it was not thought about at the time. But a line has to be drawn somewhere.

In my own opinion, forced sexual roleplay has no place on here, there is literally no reason for it be it GTA or ARMA, not because of a age perspective, but just for how horrible and scarring it can be for the people involved, even when done over the internet and that people did not realize that, I find really sad.

I think a new rule should be added putting the foot down saying "No sexual RP" as you described @Mif not this, then at the very least a rule disallowing all forced sexual roleplay.

But @Wilcois right, this will only stop a smaller part of the people on the server from doing it, but that in my opinion is fine. Any amount  of people that can be stopped in doing something like this is good.

I think a new rule should be added putting the foot down saying "No sexual RP" as you described @Mif not this, then at the very least a rule disallowing all forced sexual roleplay.
A rule disallowing forced sexual RP may not be beneficial in solving the issue for the following reasons:

• Allows people to gain sexual gratification from Roleplay on this community, people shouldn't come here for that.
  • People's thoughts and emotions can't be better communicated over the internet than in person. Initiating sexual roleplay would still force that narrative upon a person. Potentially leading to a negative experience on the server.
  • Females are and still would be disproportionately affected.

Therefore having a "very least" option of this is not acceptable. It doesn't even come close to solving the issue. 

In my own opinion, forced sexual roleplay has no place on here, there is literally no reason for it be it GTA or ARMA, not because of a age perspective, but just for how horrible and scarring it can be for the people involved, even when done over the internet and that people did not realize that, I find really sad.
I can agree with this. It's an area that you can't really add rules to that allow certain situations of this without having grey areas. Best to ban it to ensure everyone is kept feeling safe and secure while on RPUK.

I think this is a bit of a stupid suggestion, this was sparked by a couple dudes who said something stupid to the wrong people and made a silly decision to say some silly things. When's the last time something like this has come up? I've not seen anything like it within my time of playing here, this uproar over something that was dealt with is just not needed, I know for a fact that the 2 that sparked this whole thing fully understand what they did wrong and have no intention to repeat their mistakes. It's common sense that you don't "rape" someone in a game like this and it probably won't happen again for a very long time.

In regards to people like @Rizwho get harassed alot, yes its wrong but unfortunately this is the internet and the staff and community can only do their best to stop stuff like that happening, it's gonna happen whether we put more rules in or not, cuz there will always be dickheads who think it's funny to harass women on the internet.

This rule change just isn't needed, it's common sense and people need to stop dwelling on a mistake 2 dudes made while trying to play rebel and that was dealt with.

In regards to people like @Rizwho get harassed alot, yes its wrong but unfortunately this is the internet and the staff and community can only do their best to stop stuff like that happening, it's gonna happen whether we put more rules in or not, cuz there will always be dickheads who think it's funny to harass women on the internet.
That is exactly the point I was trying to make. People hide behind the excuse of it's the internet, you can't change it. If we all have that attitude then indeed it won't change. You can quite easily change it by taken action, both as an individual and as a community. Starting by making this type of RP get a similar punishment as 1.2 and also get a similar treatment instead of being laughed at by most surrounding people.

Pretty sure if an admin watches someone being that way towards you or riz or someone then they'd do something about it? Like I said it's common sense.

This rule change just isn't needed, it's common sense and people need to stop dwelling on a mistake 2 dudes made while trying to play rebel and that was dealt with.
Why would we not want to learn from their mistake? This suggestion has highlighted ways that issues like this can be avoided. 

Pretty sure if an admin watches someone being that way towards you or riz or someone then they'd do something about it? Like I said it's common sense.
You've only put Nalurah or Riz here, what about other people? This rule will ensure fairness and no-one is disadvantaged because someone wants to have roleplay sex. 

Plus roleplay sex is very cringe. 

Why would we not want to learn from their mistake? This suggestion has highlighted ways that issues like this can be avoided. 

You've only put Nalurah or Riz here, what about other people? This rule will ensure fairness and no-one is disadvantaged because someone wants to have roleplay sex. 

Plus roleplay sex is very cringe. 
There’s nothing to learn from their mistake, rape is wrong, we’re all well aware of that. 
Riz and nalurah are what we call examples MK, since I don’t think you have idiots running up to you asking you to show them your tits, I used those 2 since they’re probably much more likely to have actually experienced it. Notice how I put “or someone” which generally points towards the rest of the community.

I think this is a bit of a stupid suggestion, this was sparked by a couple dudes who said something stupid to the wrong people and made a silly decision to say some silly things. When's the last time something like this has come up? I've not seen anything like it within my time of playing here, this uproar over something that was dealt with is just not needed, I know for a fact that the 2 that sparked this whole thing fully understand what they did wrong and have no intention to repeat their mistakes. It's common sense that you don't "rape" someone in a game like this and it probably won't happen again for a very long time.

It's still an error that needs to be rectified, people come to the server to enjoy themselves and roleplay a bank robbery for example. Not get raped and groomed over a game in a very detailed fashion. To me it's purely disgusting that someone can do that and let alone get warned for it because the victim of the roleplay didn't put in OOC "Can you not roleplay rape". A warning for doing something so obviously wrong and dehumanizing should go unnoticed? It's something that needs to rectified as soon as it can be. As wilco stated this roleplay should never happen in any way shape or form. And before someone says there's a difference between a joke and a proper rape scenario my response is that I agree with that statement. If you check the report that this is based upon ask yourself. Is it a joke if he continues to RP it even though Punk had never given consent and oliver who was recording is a minor. That is where the it differs from a joke and a rape scenario. As to sexual harassment in it self... to all the women that play on the server I sympathize with you. You should never be treated in such a way. Sexual harassment to anyone in fact is not okay. Of Course it differs from situation but in general as a community we need to seriously add rules to prevent minors from being in an RP scenario.

There’s nothing to learn from their mistake, rape is wrong, we’re all well aware of that. 
So correct me if I am wrong. What I am getting from that sentence alone is that we should rape roleplay go unpunished and untalked about?

• Love
Reactions: Riz
There is plenty to learn from this situation. A kid was forced to be involved in rape roleplay and the persons responsible was let off with a warning because the rules of this comunity says HE has to inform them he isn't comfortable. If this situation happens to the wrong person it can cause them to have a mental breakdown. Should they still sit there and type out how they arent comfortable with the situation? 

The rules as they are did not protect the person involved and as many has stated recently it hasn't protected them either.

So correct me if I am wrong. What I am getting from that sentence alone is that we should rape roleplay go unpunished and untalked about?
Don't be so stupidly dense, obviously not.

There is plenty to learn from this situation. A kid was forced to be involved in rape roleplay and the persons responsible was let off with a warning because the rules of this comunity says HE has to inform them he isn't comfortable. If this situation happens to the wrong person it can cause them to have a mental breakdown. Should they still sit there and type out how they arent comfortable with the situation? 

The rules as they are did not protect the person involved and as many has stated recently it hasn't protected them either.
Maybe i worded my comment poorly, the rules do protect you, if he had asked them to stop then maybe they would have stopped, I 100% agree that they shouldn't have done what they did either way and I 100% agree that this stuff is wrong, but again, people are dwelling on something that was an abnormal occurrence, In my years on this server I have never seen this happen before, it's a one off, 2 guys making a really stupid decision, and should be treated as such, not a daily occurrence that needs immediate rules added.

Don't be so stupidly dense, obviously not.

Maybe i worded my comment poorly, the rules do protect you, if he had asked them to stop then maybe they would have stopped, I 100% agree that they shouldn't have done what they did either way and I 100% agree that this stuff is wrong, but again, people are dwelling on something that was an abnormal occurrence, In my years on this server I have never seen this happen before, it's a one off, 2 guys making a really stupid decision, and should be treated as such, not a daily occurrence that needs immediate rules added.
Yet we still need to protect our younger players, I agree this isn't a normal occurrence but the rules need to be in place to stop it

I don't think you could just brush it under the rug and say it was people that said something silly.. that aint something silly its just completely wrong in every degree. Just because its not frequent doesn't mean it shouldn't be happening in the first place this shouldn't be allowed. I understand if people acknowledge that the actions were wrong however doesn't mean its a get out of jail free card, there still has to be consequences for someone's actions even if they admit they are wrong.

Yes you could perceive this as common sense however the rule should still be in place it may not happen a lot however a rule should still be in place to stop this sort of shite from happening in the first place. 

not a daily occurrence that needs immediate rules added.
People also don't get banned every day for threatening the servers infrastructure, but there's still a written rule about it.

People don't get banned every day for encouraging other members to break rules, but there's still a written rule about it.

People don't get banned everyday for teleporting, yet there is still a written rule about it.

I don't see your point. Rules aren't there to give reasons for more people to be banned. Rules are there to shape the community and the gameplay.

Get zin banned club growing nicely lol

What he did was obviously wrong but if you gonna abuse someone then out of context clip out when the same happens to you maybe dont get too upset about it
Getting Zin banned is not the point of this suggestion. The point is to prevent situations like this to happen again and so it does not get overlooked.

It hasn't been overlooked or swept under the rug, the guy got punished for it, just because some people don't agree with the level of punishment is irrelevant

People also don't get banned every day for threatening the servers infrastructure, but there's still a written rule about it.

People don't get banned every day for encouraging other members to break rules, but there's still a written rule about it.

People don't get banned everyday for teleporting, yet there is still a written rule about it.

I don't see your point. Rules aren't there to give reasons for more people to be banned. Rules are there to shape the community and the gameplay.
You're deliberately missing the point, this is the first time this has happened in a good 3+ years

Yet we still need to protect our younger players, I agree this isn't a normal occurrence but the rules need to be in place to stop it
There are rules in place that do protect people. They simply need to take initiative to prevent it.

Back