What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Ban Roleplay of an Overt Sexual Nature

@Lord SteveI see how you're wanting a rule to be put, but I think there shouldn't be a new rule specifically for this. Previously there was a talk about which rule could be used to give to someone who committed this a simple "Common Sense" rule can be said. 

BUT... I also have to say, on the report with @DarrenG, he never said to stop, even if its horrendous or traumatizing, he should have said something atleast instead of standing there and not saying a peep. Like many people said, this is a Adult community + the game is rated 16+, now you saying kids will always get past that, IMO, a BAN should then proceed on that kid. I agree with you, the rape scenario is wrong and I find it shit that someone did this. But I also agree with @Maximthat a new rule should be made for something, which another rule can easily cover. This is mostly something that would not happen for another year(s). 

People who say this hardly ever happens need to talk more to the women in the community. In my 4 years in this community it has happened at least 5 times. Most of them either have been reported or I have banned them myself. It happens, it's not obvious because reports of this nature are tricky and often cause drama (this thread being quite the case in point) and it's a sensitive nature. Heck, rape itself doesn't always get reported either. Just because you don't hear or see it, doesn't mean it doesn't happen.

People who say this hardly ever happens need to talk more to the women in the community. In my 4 years in this community it has happened at least 5 times. Most of them either have been reported or I have banned them myself. It happens, it's not obvious because reports of this nature are tricky and often cause drama (this thread being quite the case in point) and it's a sensitive nature. Heck, rape itself doesn't always get reported either. Just because you don't hear or see it, doesn't mean it doesn't happen.
This hits the nail on the head tbh. Just cause its not seen doesn't mean it doesn't happen..

- is putting my hands up while someone is kneeling in front of me (to imply fellatio)  considered overt sexual roleplay. (this is obviously done in a joking manner, however would be a perma ban under this suggestion right)

- Is urinating on someone while they're downed considered sexual roleplay, these creeps have their fetishes yaknow.

- is telling someone to go fuck themselves, or suck my dick or eat my ass etc etc all overt sexual roleplay? 
I think you've over-exaggerated the suggestion. 

As in the suggestion, the intent of the rule is not to place stupid or silly restrictions on the reasonable player. The rule should have an element of common sense, but still keeping the spirit that serious sexual roleplay is not permitted.

The finer details and the wording of the rule could be worked out in a rules meeting involving members of the community aswell as management and staff. 

@Lord SteveI see how you're wanting a rule to be put, but I think there shouldn't be a new rule specifically for this. Previously there was a talk about which rule could be used to give to someone who committed this a simple "Common Sense" rule can be said. 
The problem is "common sense rules" quickly get forgotten. Take the situation with spike-stripping stationary vehicles. Apparently this is exploiting, many members of the community didn't know this. The "common sense rule" was dated back to 2016 or 2017, 3 years on the issue was brought back up. 

I think you've over-exaggerated the suggestion. 

As in the suggestion, the intent of the rule is not to place stupid or silly restrictions on the reasonable player. The rule should have an element of common sense, but still keeping the spirit that serious sexual roleplay is not permitted.

The finer details and the wording of the rule could be worked out in a rules meeting involving members of the community aswell as management and staff. 

The problem is "common sense rules" quickly get forgotten. Take the situation with spike-stripping stationary vehicles. Apparently this is exploiting, many members of the community didn't know this. The "common sense rule" was dated back to 2016 or 2017, 3 years on the issue was brought back up. 
But that is a ingame use of equipment, were talking about RP, im fine with a new rule put in place, not against it, just saying what other rules can be used for it as well.

But that is a ingame use of equipment, were talking about RP, im fine with a new rule put in place, not against it, just saying what other rules can be used for it as well.
A new rule, or an extension of a rule I support.

Just passing it off as, yes we will ban someone in future is not enough.

It needs to be explicitly said.

A new rule, or an extension of a rule I support.

Just passing it off as, yes we will ban someone in future is not enough.

It needs to be explicitly said.
Yup no worries mate, I agree with you

I think the best way forward is to separate the link between the report and this suggestion.

We should be debating the rule suggestion, not the report.

I think the best way forward is to separate the link between the report and this suggestion.

We should be debating the rule suggestion, not the report.
Exactly at the end of the day we are here for a suggestion not the beefing between a couple people!

• Love
Reactions: Riz
After that response his report is over, This suggestion will continue for the people who doesn't think this is a toxic shitty server/shitty community

I'd suggest an addition under rule (A2.6) ->

(A2.6.1) 'ERP' and roleplay of sexual nature is not permitted. Punishable by a ban. (Permanent if classed as severe)

(Alternatively under C1.12)

Justification behind this being the simple fact that Arma is not the place for these kinds of interractions. There are plenty of other platforms, communities etc. where people can do so, that rather than on RPUK. Not only does ERP not belong here, but strictly banning it safeguards and protects the intrests of those who would otherwise be affected negatively as a result of it, be it of age or a reminder of some form of trauma - as it is not uncommon for communities like this to be considered something of an escape from reality for many.

Personal Note:

Speaking from personal experience, I used to 'escape' into Arma, specifically RPUK, a lot over the past few years as I was often worrying about my many reoccuring cases of cancer, and yes; when some toxic player shouted things along the lines of "You're cancer!" in the heat of the moment, despite it being wrong on so many levels, it's normally something that wouldn't affect others as much, but it still took me out of that place I had escaped into and put my mind back on what I tried not to think about as much at the time. 

/Drex

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah i agree that there needs to be a rule implaced to ban people who do ERP minor or just an 20 year old idc how old people are its just wrong and more so when people RP rape whilst there are people at any age that may have been raped which if they want to escape the shit reality we are all in right now and they hop on this lovely server for the RP and fun times they should be safe at all times and maybe some people cant say stop in these situations as they go back to the moment irl when they got raped and get scared off like hell and just freeze which happens a lot. But also just rp with like people bending infront of someone and making sucking noises and saying oh u like that daddy or something (this has happened unfortunately too me aswell and no i do not record as my laptop cant handle that) and people who do that are just sick in there head tbh and those actions need to be punished by ban in my opinion so i fully agree with suggestion.

(Just saw that drex basicaly said the same things but i still want to have my opinion heard)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello all,

After recently discussing this in a staff meeting, We have looked at different ways to amend situations of this ilk from occurring in the future whereby there is a party involved who are not willing to engage in Roleplay of this form. One such adaptation is to tweak the current rule which would see all players being required to give consent to engage in this Roleplay. This can simply be done by informing the party you wish to Roleplay with via "//" OOC messages that you intend to proceed with Roleplaying in some form of sexual manner, it would then be required for an agreement/consent to be reached between both players. Failure to get acknowledgment from the opposing party and beginning/continuing in such Roleplay would be viewed as a breach of this rule.

We would love to hear any form of feedback you may have with regards to this.

Thank you

(C1.12) Sensitive Roleplay - Continuing to roleplay subjects of a sensitive nature after being requested to stop by another player will not be tolerated. Permanent Ban

This is covered already and can be dealt with on a case by case basis as the come up.
No change.

Back