What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Ban Roleplay of an Overt Sexual Nature

You're deliberately missing the point, this is the first time this has happened in a good 3+ years
Then if, like you said, its the first time its happened in at least 3 years, it should be the last time it happens in at least 3 years. 

Then if, like you said, its the first time its happened in at least 3 years, it should be the last time it happens in at least 3 years. 
hopefully

There are rules in place that do protect people. They simply need to take initiative to prevent it.
In order to take initiative you need to create rules that specify that certain types of roleplay is not allowed. If I was traumatized in an RP scenario in my younger ages, I definitely wouldn't wanna be my desk whilst that is happening. And as the rules state I would need to tell the person that to stop roleplaying that scenario

In order to take initiative you need to create rules that specify that certain types of roleplay is not allowed. If I was traumatized in an RP scenario in my younger ages, I definitely wouldn't wanna be my desk whilst that is happening. And as the rules state I would need to tell the person that to stop roleplaying that scenario
this doesn't make a huge amount of sense, what does your desk have to do with it? If you want someone to stop something then tell them to stop, again I agree it shouldn't have happened but if the guy had said stop i'm fairly confident it would have stopped.

this doesn't make a huge amount of sense, what does your desk have to do with it? If you want someone to stop something then tell them to stop, again I agree it shouldn't have happened but if the guy had said stop i'm fairly confident it would have stopped.
Desk = computer...... And how many children will remember that whilst going through that?

Then they shouldn't be playing on an adult community, if you can't properly understand the rules then don't play, you're arguing for the sake of it.
I am not arguing. I am weighing in my opinion. I agree this is an adult community buy there will always be children in a community you can't avoid that. Also children aren't the only one's being harassed. As you have used as an example women also get harassed and the further we delve into this the further we strive from the larger issue. There are people which are vulnerable in this community and we need to rectify this

Then they shouldn't be playing on an adult community, if you can't properly understand the rules then don't play, you're arguing for the sake of it.
well if u dont understand the common sense rule u shouldn't play.......well zin didnt understand it u wanna tell him ? 😉

stop defending a gang mate @Maximits not even agains Zin its the fact that this shit is just wrong. the damage can be massiv.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not defending anything if you read my comments i very clearly condemn what Zin did, I am however disagreeing with the argument that a rule needs to be put in, and I'm bored that people are still crying over this, what happened happened, it's a one off and i doubt it'll happen again people need to get over it.

I'm not defending anything if you read my comments i very clearly condemn what Zin did, I am however disagreeing with the argument that a rule needs to be put in, and I'm bored that people are still crying over this, what happened happened, it's a one off and i doubt it'll happen again people need to get over it.
dude i wasnt crying at all even spoke to him later and said "i dont give a flying fuck, im a grown ass man u cant insult me with this kind of bullshit" but thats not the point people just want that the community takes care of each other......ROLEPLAY SEX WITH A CHILD IS JUST WRONG! nothing more to say i guess ^^ 

Regardless all I'm saying is that there doesn't need to be a rule added, the majority of people are sensible enough to not do this, and you can't make rules covering every minority that think certain stupid things are ok. People in this community do take care of eachother, even if I disliked you or this kid I still stand by the fact that what Zin did was wrong, but I'm fed up of repeating myself because everyone seems to think i'm just advocating rape so I'll leave it there.

That adds a great deal of context doesn't it, the guy himself doesn't give a fuck, so... he lied??

But like you said, that's not the point.

Regardless all I'm saying is that there doesn't need to be a rule added, the majority of people are sensible enough to not do this, and you can't make rules covering every minority that think certain stupid things are ok. People in this community do take care of eachother, even if I disliked you or this kid I still stand by the fact that what Zin did was wrong, but I'm fed up of repeating myself because everyone seems to think i'm just advocating rape so I'll leave it there.
i didnt gave a fuck about me! but i did for the minor. get it right bro

The bottomline of this entire arguement is that there is currently a rule in place stating that the only way of preventing this is requesiting them in the sidechat to knock it off. If they do not, it is actioned. Anything else is a very light slap on the wrist.

People come here to play a game and enjoy themselves - Not feel dehumanized. This rule is in place to protect members of the community from these actions. Yes, Rules will always be broken, Absolutely. but with the way this is worded, I can tell you that I haven't felt comfortable. Others haven't felt comfortable.

People have made the arguement that if someone is behaving that way, staff will step in - They have done at times.. but I can count said times on my fingers. What I can't count on my fingers is the amount of occurences where it has been brushed off due to them only doing it severely until asked to stop. At that point, you have already had to experience it, and it will just happen again. And staff won't action it. Again. It should be common sense to not make sexual comments, roleplay or anything with people that you don't know - The way the rules are put doesn't protect against that. Nothing prevents that, because it is fine. Until a certain point! Then the member can just continue next time they bump into you.. until you ask them to stop again.

It's flawed and it isn't doing its intended purpose. God yes, I understand the issue with cropped evidence. What I do not understand is people advocating for people "not knowing better" when joining. If you want the members of the community to be people who walk up to people, unaware if they are minors or not and proceed to conduct sexual roleplay with them, then clearly there is a bigger issue at hand. This is not taken anywhere near seriously enough. That is precisely what this suggestion is hoping to fix. 

If you want the members of the community to be people who walk up to people, unaware if they are minors or not and proceed to conduct sexual roleplay with them, then clearly there is a bigger issue at hand. This is not taken anywhere near seriously enough. That is precisely what this suggestion is hoping to fix. 
I’ve played the server for years. I have never seen someone walk up to someone and conduct sexual roleplay with them.

Nor can I remember a single report of the thousands of reports over the years where overt sexual roleplay was the offence. 

I’m all for a rule that will make the community more comfortable, and sexual roleplay has no place within our community so I see no reason to why the rule shouldn’t be added. (Although would it mean I can’t tell people to suck my dick anymore?)

but what I will say is; it’s talked about how staff deal with these issues, and how lightly they are taken. But where are all the reports? So many people commenting here about how uncomfortable they’ve been, and how there is a need for change. It’s easy to say oh this needs fixing, this needs changing, but if you’re not reporting issues then IMO you’re part of the problem. 

and lastly, wanna talk about uncomfortable. This is an adult community, and both games in the community are 16+ rated. why do I have to interact with 13 year old kids in the first place?

And lastly, wanna talk about uncomfortable. This is an adult community, and both games in the community are 16+ rated. why do I have to interact with 13 year old kids in the first place?
Kids will always be in an adult community. There's nothing to help that from happening. Even if the server decided to become completely whitelisted. They will be able to pass one way or another. Even though it was a one off we can see the issue is still there. A punishment so light on something so damaging to a minor is horrendous. I think we can all agree on that we come onto the server to enjoy our time here. But if we are met with roleplay especially sexual roleplay that we don't want to engage in. It can bring up trauma to people who have been sexually harassed in the past. This is a very touchy subject however one that needs to be discussed

Kids will always be in an adult community. There's nothing to help that from happening. Even if the server decided to become completely whitelisted. They will be able to pass one way or another. Even though it was a one off we can see the issue is still there. A punishment so light on something so damaging to a minor is horrendous. I think we can all agree on that we come onto the server to enjoy our time here. But if we are met with roleplay especially sexual roleplay that we don't want to engage in. It can bring up trauma to people who have been sexually harassed in the past. This is a very touchy subject however one that needs to be discussed
Right I wasn’t even going to discuss the event that you’re referring too, but let’s discuss the video shall we.

it’s clear as day to anyone watching that Zin is obviously reacting/retaliating to comments made by Oliver and the others there. It’s absolutely fucking weird what Zin did, but any adult can tell he’s not doing it for any sexual gratification and that he’s not doing it to bring up repressed memories. He’s simply reacting to something’s that being said in RP. 

now don’t get me wrong, ofcourse it’s completely unacceptable and downright strange. But let’s not play the whole innocent victim card, there’s an absolute reason why the footage is edited. 

A disclaimer: (after I saw how you tried to twist maxims words) in no way is overt sexual roleplay or rape roleplay acceptable. It is completely despicable.

now don’t get me wrong, ofcourse it’s completely unacceptable and downright strange. But let’s not play the whole innocent victim card, there’s an absolute reason why the footage is edited. 
On the whole Oliver situation the reason for it being unedited is only known by the members present during that situation, even i haven't seen the unedited version. I am currently trying to get into contact with Oliver to see if he even has the unedited clip. I am not going to comment on what i believe is the right or wrong way to punish Zin for what he did, that's for the management team to decide, but if i am able to get the unedited footage of the situation i will send it to the management team even if there is self incriminating evidence.

Right I wasn’t even going to discuss the event that you’re referring too, but let’s discuss the video shall we.

it’s clear as day to anyone watching that Zin is obviously reacting/retaliating to comments made by Oliver and the others there. It’s absolutely fucking weird what Zin did, but any adult can tell he’s not doing it for any sexual gratification and that he’s not doing it to bring up repressed memories. He’s simply reacting to something’s that being said in RP. 

A disclaimer: (after I saw how you tried to twist maxims words) in no way is overt sexual roleplay or rape roleplay acceptable. It is completely incorrigible.
I'll be honest with you I have no idea why the video is edited. However I don't mean that zin has any repressed emotions. I mean that in the future someone might. That's why we need to have a rule which will prevent that from happening again in the future. I am not trying to twist any words. What I said earlier was my understand of what he said. 

@Lord Steve  @JaffaCakesYeah, Completely agree with you both. As i've said earlier, If the implementation of the rule will make people in the community more comfortable then i'm all for it. What i'm against is a witch hunt against one person without all the facts.

But with the actual suggestion, there will be the question of what is encapsulated within "overt sexual roleplay" E.G

- is putting my hands up while someone is kneeling in front of me (to imply fellatio)  considered overt sexual roleplay. (this is obviously done in a joking manner, however would be a perma ban under this suggestion right)

- Is urinating on someone while they're downed considered sexual roleplay, these creeps have their fetishes yaknow.

- is telling someone to go fuck themselves, or suck my dick or eat my ass etc etc all overt sexual roleplay? 

I believe the current rules capture all inappropriate comments and overt sexual roleplay as you've put it, so I personally don't see the need for such a rule as I can see it causing more harm than good with people treading on egg shells that if they make any sexual reference it is a perm ban. it really should be just common sense. If

I suppose I'd be more convinced of the need for such a rule if there was evidence of such roleplay taking place and being ignored under the current rules (besides the report in question, which i've already said my stance on)

I personally think that the suggestion is worded poorly. I believe the main issue @DarrenGwas trying to bring up was that the situation was based on rape. And it involved a minor. IMO I think it should work if the RP is consensual and carried out maturely without anyone having an issue with it. That's fine. 

Back