What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Change is needed and the floor is open

Status
Not open for further replies.
teamspeak doesnt work in dubai, if u move to discord or something then many players including me will be back, also most of us also including me are facing a stupid battleye error that doesnt allow us to play! its been 3 years and i really wanna come back to the server
Now I don't think we could move to Discord, community is too big and there is too many channels etc. to make that viable, however I do believe that there should be some (5-10) voice channels on discord which can then be used for liasons with those who don't have teamspeak/required security levels(hobos), and those in places like UAE where they cannot access teamspeak. You could also then offer players the choice between Discord OR Teamspeak channels for gang channels - as currently some people have to use their own gang discords over RPUK forms.

And I still got a unfairly warning point for that !!!
Here is a msg from Jax Teller. EVeruthing except this is written by him.

Hey robbie,

I saw your personal message at my warning point.

I accept the warning point and i should not have post that.

This was sent to be via message since u was forum banned @Jax teller 😂😂 thought I'd respond to your call out of an unfair warning but in 2017 you agreed to it 😂 let's not side track now keep the posts relevant 🙂

Me myself feel like a lot of great point have been brought up,

However I can't read over the amount of suggestions that are directed to easier gunfights, initiations or reductions in prices for guns without thinking that surely this is not the problem within the community. 

I feel like people are so focused on gun fights that they don't think about alternatives, roleplay is so diverse that you can literally roleplay anything.

Ofcourse I wouldn't be replying to this post without giving actual points myself. 

1. Remove 7.62 ^ firearms for everyone, this idea is to reduce the far distance roleplay an the time that gunfights go on and actually allow players to be closer to each other instead of being on a hill 1km away. (please spare me the digs on this one I know most of you won't agree) 

2. Rework the economy so 1 pound would actually be worth 1 pound and you don't pay 100 bucks for tea or any other small items also reduce the overall money on the island. 

3. runs, make all the runs last the same time. Including a dinamic economy. You can do sertain runs faster the more you do them by getting more skilled. 

This way people do different runs (not everyone the same) 

4. Map locations, change the locations of dealers, processors, shops, mines, field etc to suite a better working run system like mentioned above. 

5. Include a temp ban system for minor rulebreaks yet keep perm bans as a option on all of the rulebreaks depending on the severity of the break, (taking mishaps in mind). 

6. Rebel spikes trips, allow rebels to craft spikes trips at the factory. 

This is completely my own opinion and in no way related to my position within the staff Team. 

Remove 7.62 ^ firearms for everyone, this idea is to reduce the far distance roleplay an the time that gunfights go on and actually allow players to be closer to each other instead of being on a hill 1km away. (please spare me the digs on this one I know most of you won't agree) 
People will still snipe with 6.5mm, removing 7.62 will only make Rebel worse by making people even more spongy, couple that with being outnumbered and it will be the nail in the coffin that is Rebel life.

Here is a msg from Jax Teller. EVeruthing except this is written by him.

Hey robbie,

I saw your personal message at my warning point.

I accept the warning point and i should not have post that.

This was sent to be via message since u was forum banned @Jax teller 😂😂 thought I'd respond to your call out of an unfair warning but in 2017 you agreed to it 😂 let's not side track now keep the posts relevant 🙂
It was a joke..

but if you try to be funny guy, why dont you post everything what i said. Something with its fine you give me a warning point but its was deffo not against unmc. And also the teamspeak conversation that you’d agreed with me but your not able too remove the point. Dont start here with bullshit response about lets the post relevant 

Remove the Poseidon boarder. Remove all current permanent drug runs. Allow Poseidon full reign of the map to put down their 3 drugs and enforce this. Ensure that there is a balance between police & Poseidon. Limit how many runs police can shut down, as well as ensure that Poseidon understand that they must try to have all 3 drug runs operating when possible. Aka when those who can place them are online, they should prioritise that drugs need to be put down, however they should not be harassed to get online to put them up. Police should ensure that one of 3 runs are functioning so it doesn’t result in no drug runs. Then rather than the apex houses (Poseidon family houses) all in Poseidon lands as family houses make it so only Poseidon can open their doors, and spread them around the map - one in Sofia, one near Kore and another around athira area (up north from there)

they could then sell their passes at the Poseidon offices, the main compound and the 3 houses 

personally, I also think Poseidon needs regulating to a higher extent and actually have stricter rules imposed on them, as currently every person who even speaks something against them seems to get stripped down or they just act with overly excessive force or like complete wankers. Another thing is their executions. Even when no gunfights/gunfight over the extent of role play generally is execution. Even when they can revive us and role play further(even a staged execution). For a whitelisted faction it is piss poor. Even as rebels we keep people alive to find medics(sometimes), yet Poseidon don’t even bother(from my general experience - maybe once or twice) Sure be the aggressive cartel like your rp story, but that doesn’t mean executions have to be a joke. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,

Long time player First time poster 😉

Never Banned but accrued enough warnings and certainly should of been in my history which i am thankful for the chances Management and the Staff team gave me.

After a long absence due to IRL commitments I have returned to the server recently If I can explain my first couple of days, Day 1 Log in a couple of hours after the midday restart in Full ExUNMC Gear (Huh guess the server saved that) step out of the house in kavala coincidently across the road from the Police Station. decide to start with a clean slate head into the station and wait in reception as i can hear a couple of people talking above me.

A Few minutes go by a couple of officers come down as well as a Civilian the civilian leaves and the officers ask me to place my hands on my head. i try to communicate my intention of handing in my illegal weapon/vest/attachments/mags but am tazed within 3 seconds due to non compliance I had no gun out was stood inthe police foyer but hey threat to life and such. While tazed i am handcuffed without a word and what I i discoved once my vision had cleared i had been patted down and my equipment removed turns out some Items i was carrying are very valuable LRPS 7.62 Suppresossor Stones which double as flashbangs i would guess and such and a Black Heavy Vest that i have yet to see on the server. I come around to the question of why they cannot remove my clothes (again a set of clothes that seemed rare and exclusive to the UNMC) This seemed a strange question to be asked in a police foyer but hey. once they had both finished rifling through my pockets i was informed they had taken my radio and GPS and asked my name.

Fantastic I come up with some bullshit story about an old UNMC member whom left to fight a war somewhere else just got back and wanted to start his returning life in the good graces of the goverment I had come to the station to discuss how to dispose of my old gear (no need now) and to pay any outstanding fee's for warrents. they PNC me and find i am wanted for a considerable Sum i explain again my situation and am told to shut up while they add up the fine. 1 Officer wearing my nightvision and vest the other holding my weapon with the full compliment of attachments.

They decide that my current amount is to high and decide to take me straight to prison. 10 Minute car ride from kavala to the prison not a word said and not a word before i am Placed inside for 5 Minutes.

Wonderful I think what a great way to start my journey back.

I pay my way out and log out to play with the Dog.

A fair few Hours go by and i decide oh the 8 o'clock restart has just hit I'll log in give it anouther go maybe i had a bad couple of officers I certainly remember being like that.

Spawn in choose agios as it seems the closest to the current prison and i dont want to be accused of teleporting. I had to the cash machine them to the clothing shop get some digs and a backpack low and behold i close the menu to a group of individuals with guns pointed at me, I'm told to put my hands up, Comply because value your life I a Handcuffed and taken to a cash machine with what I'll politely say is bare minimum roleplay. I'm informed to take out all my money if i try to run i'll be shot. I take out 10k am tell them i'm done who should i give the money, I am knocked out and robbed. they explain that thats bullshit and i've got more and to take it out. i explain thats all I have (a Lie but how would they know?) they say fine Die! they shoot me and thats that.

No medics online so i Respawn in Athira and Log off.

TLDR Below :-

What I am Getting at with my stories is, I love the idea of a blanket unban for those that have matured over the years I think thats a fantastic suggestion becuase i know in my case that is true i am no where near the player i was 4 years ago with that attitude and such. But a returning player needs a reason to play my first interaction with a whitelisted faction was poor and like the second situation more motivated around robbing me of my at the time unknown valuables the roleplay was nonexistant and i know now that my crimes of which I served time would of been recorded as so long in the past it wouldn't of mattered.

There needs to be a certain level of protection offered to new and returning players be it a symbol above there head that gives them time and immunity to robbing and leeway from established people that "Hey! this person is new and learning the ropes be aware" now i am not saying they are free to do what they want if they innitiate, shoot, break a law then they are dealt with in accordance with the Roleplay situation but something like 14 days is given to those people to allow themselves to establish themselves and see how the server is what is expected and what is frowned upon.

Ontop of this I would love to see a mentor program for new players, I'm not tech savvey enough to figure out the details but bring community representatives into the mix, long standing great players that are essentially zero tier admins they get a notification when one of these new players join the server (lets face it no one joins the forum then the server there first exposure is in game,) so if a representative see's someone new join they can message then teleport to help explain how to get started whats good whats bad and such help out with some legal runs roleplay with outher people and factions and generally give people ingame a good inpression of what to expect as sidechat is all well and good but gets trolled more often then helped.

Other ideas i Love i have thumbed up.

Thanks for your Time

-Maratek

@WhoisDan @Simen he already had a posting restriction today and Aiden kindly removed it so he could post here

That clearly was a mistake, so I quickly reapplied it... the time on it which your bringing up doesn’t matter, could of said 2 years, 3 years whatever that was clearly a misclick, I should of selected indefinitely until this thread was over as clearly he has some sort of issue he needs to resolve, same with Hammeh.

This is a thread asking for positive input on change not a Dr Deirdre column, there restrictions will be reviewed after this thread as run its course

Again we are going off track

Im just gonna drop this suggestion by Aiden as it was very positively recived both within Poseidon and the community, a addition to it would be a added cap to Poseidon. This would add some very needed rebels to the server and in my eyes fit better with a cartel that wants to stay out of police's radar instead of on it 24/7, as for the number that cap could be i will leave that to the competent people.

What about a faction cap, cap the amount of people that can be in the factions to a fair amount. This means rebels becomes more populated and on top of that it also means factions will be more strict in both the recruitment and maintaining of players.
I can only see this making any new players that want to be in one of the whitelisted factions going somewhere else, we're not unique in any way from alot of other UK themed servers anymore so if somebody can't join the police here they're simply gonna go elsewhere, considering that whitelisted factions have a much higher retention rate (particularly the police) than rebel factions, I don't think restricting them would provide any positive effects.

The Police also provides a means to protect new players, and in some cases some of the better cops will mentor them and show them the ropes (how to do runs, where to buy cars etc) and teach them a few rules while they're at it.

Joining the Police is probably the best path for any new player to the server in terms or becoming a long-term member, hence why 3/4 of the staff team are Police, it's not because they're better, it's just because they sticked around longer and knew all the rules.

a cap on police would defo not work lmao but Poseidon definately needs a cap or a rework of how we do shit cause atm it's not that entertaining..

@Maratek wow! thats a frickin rough return man and I'm really sorry that you had to go through that! Kudos to actually trying again, I probably wouldn't if i was in your shoes. Everything has become about "Winning" on this server for a lot of people unfortunately. Everyone's definition of winning is different of course but unfortunately your story is not a unique one. The issue you had with police is not just a police issue either, it happens with Poseidon and rebel alike and to be perfectly honest, I do not know the answer to this. Better training? more rigorous screening of people in the factions? a better eye kept in the members? I really don't know.

I really like your idea of some sort of symbol above new players to at least give them a chance. That's actually a fantastic idea. I know that I nearly quit not long after joining due to just being robbed with poor or no RP constantly. And this might afford some much needed breathing space to the new guys.

Something I read further up was the idea of reducing low RP, long range "roaching" by removing 7.62mm guns. I can see where you are going with this (@Daanv) but the @Ralph the Hobo made a point, that everyone would just switch to 6.5mms and nothing would really change. Now I have been on some servers where they have it coded that guns do 0 damage if they are shot from more than X distance. I don't know if this is a solution but its something to think about. I for one get very bored of being sniped by a MAR10 from 2km out every time the police attack something of ours. This again goes back to the whole "Winning" mentality. I really don't understand it. If people want to do things like this, go and play KOTH or annex or something. If the only way that you feel like you are "Winning" is to piss other people off, or ruin their fun then you probably have some deep issues that no type of video game can really help you with.

Edit: I myself am not perfect by the way. I too have been known to sit out and snipe. It fast becomes a game of roach battle, with the main target of the gun fight often being forgotten about. Just so you know that I am not elevating myself above this all. We are all guilty to some extent.

The first of many votes is live, Please vote carefully

The management team will not be voting to remain impartial, Other teams are allowed to vote.

Can we have a poll on removing the NHS?
Sorry but I don’t think there has been anyone here who mentioned anything about the NHS and the way the NHS is causing any trouble or has caused any trouble in the whole situation is what I don’t seem to get with this your suggestion.. If you could say why you think... actually it’s pointless... Pretty much useless point you brought up here tbh... Probably think of some other things that could actually benefit the community and things that would actually drive people back to this community.. 

I think the Banning process needs reworking. I believe that it would make more sense to ban people for time frames, and allow them to appeal to shorten or revoke the ban. On top of this, i think it wouldn't be a bad idea to start unbanning people who have been banned for over a year, obviously depending on the seriousness of their ban. Surely by now they would have either forgotten why they were banned, or learnt their lesson. For example if someone was banned in 2015 for RDM, 4 years later they could have a completely different personality.
@INS Alfie Kipper I think your right about the banning process it is abit harsh as you said with people been banned years ago like myself I’ve literally just got back o playing pc and I tried joining the server yesterday and I’m banned on the server “ glitching restraints or something which I did 4 years ago in all honestly I can’t remember what happened but it just shows that me been a long time member and getting a pc finally after 4 years just shows how loyal I am and some others are to come back and play the server but I think it definitely needs re working from what I remember 

Oh, hi, sorry for being late, I'm kinda new to the Server (long break) and have used the last few days testing. I have a few ideas after observing the server and having playing almost daily for a week now, testing out "everything" to see if I, and my squad could move here, since as you say RP servers is a rare seight now, and servers that works well are rare. Of the 2300 arma hours i have, 2200 of them is RP, same with my buds, so this is a nice opportunity. 
I appreciate all the effort the admins and devs have put into this, and im happy to have a chance to weigh in.

I would like to give my objective PoV on changes that could be done to the server that would help new joining players "a lot" and veterans a reason to stay/put more effort in. 
I have been reading around, and done a little poll my self, and then deduced that this is what some people would like to see change. 
The following will be of no blame to the admin/dev team, purely a objective observation:

1. Change it so the "take all" feature from vehicle does not give you a "You can't carry that much" message, Resulting in you having to type in the amount you want to put in.
Make it so what you are able to carry, it puts in your virtual inventory (backpack). (It's not a big problem but its a little life change that saves a lot of clicks and movements/will make doing runs a thing again).

2. Make a "guide" tap on the phone for new players. - the never ending problem of new people asking "how do i do this, how do i do that" could be solved with a guide tap.
Eg. Guide: then tabs shows: Welcome, Making money (explaning you mine, process, sell.) Rebel/gang system, Housing, Whatever you would feel being a good idea.- This also shows direct contract from you the admins, to the players, and thats what people want. A relationship, not a dorment server, having written guides by the admins/mods explaning stuff shows a lot of initiative from the devs side. 
phonme - Kopi.PNG

3. Update the phone market, make it look neat.
legals: Potatoes, Copper, Iron eg. Illigals: Heroin, Weed, eg. Misc: Tea, food items, eg. Rebel items: Handcuffs/zipties/items you can only get as rebel in their market. And remove outdated items.
+ add what weight each individual item has, this again will make it easier for beginners to decide what to start with, insted of being in the blind and spamming side.

4. Update the "Guide" tab, and its content on the forum, its the first place people look when looking for a "legit" server.
(mods, if the creators of the guides are inactive), its a bit misleading as is now. 
Add guides as to what the red zone areas in the buttom of the map does, who the cartel is and what they do, What are the rotational events on the server? etc. we need to see a little proactiveness. Add other valid guides for new players.

5. Rethink the priceing, pr weight, pr traveled time, and add in the risk factor outside kavala in general.
Doing anything around Kavala: Alimunium, Copper, Glass, Plastic. 
I understand you want the "metal salesman" to be a central area for action, but theres too many things coliding at the same area, making it hard for a new guy to NOT get robbed every time hes in a truck, eg making people leave, feel like its just another "RDM RP SERVER". (Objectivly speeking)

6. And as far as im aware the "Steel maker" only combines Iron and Copper, which would be a two man operation to get that little extra money, and time, vs travel wise it would be more money doing just two runs of copper, due to the double processing needed (afaik) and the massive travel/risk on Iron. 

Maybe move the Steel Maker so its less localized near the high risk areas, and making it "easier" for beginners to start a run. Or simply change the Iron mines position since its in dangerious area, its on main road and you cross the weed field, and if you do iron or copper its in a truck, because its so low priced that its a noobs run. Ive painted a little picture to illustrate the process of making steel, and how "time efficient" it Isnt, and a reason why iron is not touched, eg, making it a "useless item" on the map (objectivly):

A02BFE69B9F28F0A3B0936DC06C8E2A29826905F

Thats a reallllllly long travel for legal money, for a beginner and even for a experienced person. Theres the Risk of open road, Kavala, Cartel. Because Iron is in their zone, and they will kill you...

A "simple" fix would be to redesign where the copper/iron/alu mines are and processors, adjust pricing on the server for said items. Or start off with moving Iron.

7. Remove "junk" from the map. Areas that are unuseable or makes it look messy. Theres a lot of ATM's show less on the map, have the other once in working order but not showing, it just looks a little messy you knoooow.

8. Remove "Tree farm" or add a "Coal Processor" Wood weighs 25pounds sells for 1.2k. I Drove from the Tree farm in agios to the seller south of kavala, a long drive, and made 73k. I suggest add a processor and lower the weight (lol) to proportional to other legal trades, same with the price, and then change the selling point too. Its too much main road, linial for such a low cost, lets go up with the trees! i made a map to illustrate: 

A7AB9EA2CFC3E373216AA6707317412D8B6CDD45

9. Either remove the Turtle dealer, or ADD turtle fields, again its junk on the map. See picture below for idea:

EC9A611F9B72249D092CA3803BE155EA65B00FDA

10. Change the way Aluminium is done/change the price of it, as seen below, its quite "easy" to do. But it have the added effect of being within greenzone, a lot of scoting possible, and the processor directly on the highway going out of kavala "eyyyooo robbers here i am". I made a picture below that would move the processor, making the drive hillside, longer.
But eliminates the constant rdm scenarious outside kavala. One unprocesed ore is 4 weight one processed is 3. thats 221 ores total (box), 290280€ without perks, so if the processor were to be moved the price would have to change too, proportional to to the drive. 

4C84BA41AA78C57F32769E13C083BC868DDCED59

11. High grade opium/Heroin/coke. You buy a pass at the boarder, and all ive ever gotten is High grade Weed? - Am i missing something?

If not. make it so you can choose which kind of the trade deed you want (weed, coke, hero, opi) and the prices for the deed will differ depending on the price of the drug field.
Also make it randomized where these fields are when you buy the deed, have 8? different areas in the cartel zone where they may pop up, but have the processor and seller the same place, You ARE buying a deed afterall.
You get a random spot within their area were you can go and do your thing. Eliminates tedious campers that knows you are at the "one" field and waits 10min at the processor. 
This also makes the cartel work for their money a little more 😉 - Maybe someone would hire them for protection? 

12. Fix or remove the "stats" spot on the front prage, its more "noice"

13: "Our Altis Life [SIZE=medium]in-game[/SIZE] economy is connected to our donation goal, therefore if the donation goal is met, every single player (all donators and non-donators) on the server receives 50% off all weapons and vehicles for the rest of that month."

I think it would be brilliant to change it from "for the rest of that month", to "The following month".
With the way its written, people will naturally think "naw not worth it" if they are not real fans of the server staying alive. - Its human nature, why "use money" on something you get nothing in return.

If they however knows that if the donation goal is met, then next month its half price, they can save up for a big party, and invite their friends too.
And therefor be more lenient to donate. 
This will make people that join when its halfpriced, not have to farm that long, get a sense of the place and maybe stay longer, and hopefully invite their own friends to come here. 

Thats (edit) 13 mayhaps i see could help make the server better.

In the end looking professional and clean, neat and easy to follow is what people are looking for.

*White square on maps means starting point, nearest garage/spawn area to get to one. 

Euka 
PoA

11. High grade opium/Heroin/coke. You buy a pass at the boarder, and all ive ever gotten is High grade Weed? - Am i missing something?

If not. make it so you can choose which kind of the trade deed you want (weed, coke, hero, opi) and the prices for the deed will differ depending on the price of the drug field.
Also make it randomized where these fields are when you buy the deed, have 8? different areas in the cartel zone where they may pop up, but have the processor and seller the same place, You ARE buying a deed afterall.
You get a random spot within their area were you can go and do your thing. Eliminates tedious campers that knows you are at the "one" field and waits 10min at the processor. 
This also makes the cartel work for their money a little more 😉 - Maybe someone would hire them for protection? 
We basically don't do our own run. 
Opium is bugged, has been since dev release which is why you never see it. 
We only have 1 run up because of the restrictions in placing runs it always means that one run is worth doing far more than the other. Again we have petitioned to have this altered. 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back