What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Change is needed and the floor is open

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another thing which i would think needs looking into would be how suggestions are dealt with. If you do look through the suggestions and are intrigued by what the community is either requesting or doing in attempts to better the community you will notice that there is no acknowledgement from the devs on most if not all of them.  I completely understand the standpoint that as a dev team you cant make promises that you aren't capable of keeping, meaning you cant state that yes this will be done and shit hits the fan and the person working on said project has to stop, you then end up leaving people disappointed or in most of the cases here wondering if it actually will happen but i feel something needs to be done due to people feeling like there suggestions go unlooked and they've wasted their time. An example of this would be suggestions that were made not too long ago regarding certain map changes.  I'm only mentioning these in particulate as I personally worked on the idea. 

The issue i found in this situation was that nobody from the dev team commented on either of said posts. I know for definite that not only writing said post took time to do but also the thought process and creation took quite some time as I wanted to make something perfect or even usable as Ciaran had mentioned in the community meeting that the dev team would be accepting things from outside the dev team. 

In all honesty the only suggestion post that i remember that got a dev response with was when I asked for the moon back. I do understand that the devs arent robots and cant respond or communicate to everyone/thing 

I'm not trying to shit in anyone's cereal i just feel like the communication in certain areas only needs to improve slightly so people don't feel they are wasting their time.
Working on a sort of public trello instead as of the last time this was brought up.

Time for change

Not going to beat around the bush here, Its perfectly clear that since august we have been dropping numbers and as some may think it isn't because the much loved moon is missing from the sky nor is management, the staff team and development team completely blind and in denial.

Yes Arma numbers are dropping the game is now 6 years old and our numbers have been steadily showing that over the past 2 years but in the last month or so there has been a bigger decrease here than anywhere else. So clearly we haven't done something right.

Rather than allow what so many have contributed there time and money to build phase out over the next few months lets move to correct issues.

In a unique turn of circumstances today and tomorrow this community will turn into a democracy, So lets open the floor to some sensible feedback of what you think we have done wrong and what changes you would like to see, I will be monitoring this thread today and the best ideas will be put to a poll.

Please note this is not asking for suggestions of what features you want etc, We cannot achieve or recruit new devs to give us groundbreaking features in a day, Lets approach this with the bigger picture in mind and use this opportunity sensibly.

Thanks for your time, Have a great weekend
in my opinoin the bans need a rework and better structure i have one friend banned through a stupid name he made on the forums not even in the actual game, thing is he couldnt change it.
well he brings with him 5 friends and ofc they wont join because he cant join how many others are banned that there friends wont join.

how can this be changed give them a time limit and better information all there told is your banned and you need to appleal the ban but then there appeals are not answered.
my friend has been waiting nearly a month just for a answer.
people will just go elsewhere and not come back.

bring the price of weapons down as since the price whent up you lost a few.

Last edited by a moderator:
So lets open the floor to some sensible feedback of what you think we have done wrong and what changes you would like to see
I will list a few things that I believe have resulted in the downfall of the server.

- Whitelist priority - for months it has appeared that with every update there is around 5-10 new additions for factions to around 1-2 for rebels (if we're lucky). It would be nice to see new updates where rebel/civ life is the complete priority. We've already compiled lists of what we want on the server and of which has been agreed on by a vast majority, the Dev team should have these lists now.

- No communications - I find it quite sad when I visit other communities and see how good the communication between players/staff/management is. Here there is nothing. A good example is this, right now I have just looked at another RP communities forum and seen a fairly recent thread from management where they're really apologetic about a recent incident which impacted players, they spoke about how they're dedicated to the community and making this right etc. etc. That is completely unheard of here. I just feel that there is no real appreciation of the community here, we get kept out of everything, never told anything and just expected to get over it if the server suddenly goes down. A lot of us feel like ID's on a database than valued members of the community.

- Staff team - I'm not saying anything here with the intention to cause drama etc. this is all my personal opinion which I know quite a few also share. While a lot of us appreciate the work and effort staff members put into keeping the community great, there is a lot of corruption and bias cropping up which we have all started seeing. We can't speak up about it otherwise we get banned, silenced or end up "on the list". If staff members are looking at this and thinking things such as "That's a load of bullshit" then maybe you're one of the genuine staff members, maybe you're one who doesn't notice, or maybe you're something else. Main point is, it's still happening all the time and the community are seeing it and are becoming sick of it. While I know the topic of YoCo is not wanted here, it is completely relevant to my point. So the short version of this is that a staff lead was one of the cops shooting lethals at rebels into the BZ, nothing happened to said staff lead but the rebels were all banned for shooting cops. A lot of the players were obviously annoyed and frustrated and eventually the bans were reversed. YoCo called a certain other staff member out for reporting all of this but not issuing any sort of punishment for the staff member involved, he called it an embarrassment and I believe the community agrees with him. Of all the chat logs I have seen, I have seen nothing worthy of a permanent ban without appeal. While I understand YoCo has made mistakes in the past, a large portion of the community feel like he was seriously hard done by here. Stuff like this happens a lot but this is the biggest case recently. Staff should not be untouchable and its a shame no management members actually play the server otherwise you'd pick up on this too.

- Whitelist protection - Its a thing, don't deny it. Like with my above point there is a huge bias and that's why after the BZ situation quite a few members left rebel to rejoin factions as they were worried about being banned. Out of 30 staff members on this server; around 20 of them are in the police and 3-4 (Which I can remember) are in Poseidon. The rest I have no idea because I never see them play. Where are the rebel staff members who can fight for our side? As many community members can tell and even show you, there is a massive issue with whitelist protection and something I hope can be clamped down on.

- Rebel life is dead. The Plebs and Altis Response are the only two gangs I ever see that can get more than 5 members on, the Plebs being the biggest though 😉. We (Plebs) do what we can in game to try and make rebel interesting. Whether that's doing banks, robbing players or even taking new players on ridealongs. We do what we can with what we have. It then infuriates so many of us when you get some babies in factions who don't like being beaten and complain to staff about us. If this didn't happen along with the point above then I'm sure more of us would feel comfortable playing rebel again. This along with the already suggested content for rebels should improve rebel life a good deal.

- More freedom in factions - I personally think it's ridiculous that you have to wait 2 months in a faction just to play 1 week as a rebel. Either talk to faction heads and have it down to 1 week of holiday per month or just allow factions players to also play as rebels. This brings more variety and allows players to feel less restricted and enjoy more of the server.

- Better RP coming from factions - The amount of times in the last few days alone where I've been confronted with an "Hands up now or you will be tased" is insane. Too many players in factions have the need to win every situation and so everything becomes boring.

- Reduce cop slots back to 30 - It's rare they go above 30 but when they do it is a nightmare to do anything.

- Reduce weapon prices - This is a point brought up for months but still nothing changed, in fact prices just got higher. The addition of having to pay 30k per 100rnd mag was stupid. Undo it all. Most weapons are currently at an alright price range (on half price) but could do with being slightly reduced. MK1 for example should be reduced by 50-100k from 300k on half price. Too many players in factions have access to the highest calibers now and it ruins the fun when we have to dish out so much just to stay at an even level.

- No value of life in Police - This is more of a personal opinion but still valid. Cops essentially get everything for free. This results in no value of life or gear and therefore running into situations where they should realistically back off etc. To improve this there needs to be some balancing with either cops paying for guns or another method. If anyone complains saying "iTs NoT REaLiStIc" I'm gonna flip my shit. It's a game and it requires a balance.

- One life per gunfight rule - Gets a bit stupid when you're fighting cops or Poseidon and have to fight off 3 waves of the same players. With HMs I believe cops should also only be allowed to return after the different stages like rebels.

- Stupid comments on unbans - @Wilco This is more aimed at you but does also apply to the other staff leads that handle permanent bans. Can you just cut it out with some of the stupid responses? If I were a new member to this community and read the replies you sometimes give I'd go elsewhere. It does reflect badly on the community. The gifs are nothing but dumb and annoying as well. I'd be livid putting in a lengthy unban just to get denied with that gif because you didn't like what was said. I'm not trying to be rude here but it's something that can easily be changed and would encourage people to try and appeal. Everyone is human and they come here to have fun and enjoy their time, if they make a mistake then they shouldn't be faced with silly responses, This for example. Just act more fair and professional 🙂

These are the main points I can think of now, some are controversial and some are not. I hope if management look at this then they take it seriously. These are not thoughtless points, these are points backed up by many regular playing rebels. If you want the community to survive then listen to us please. Please none of this "You're wrong, we know best", if you knew best then we wouldn't be in this situation. Take some criticism and lets make this community better.

TY

Well as the server name suggest it is a Roleplay server, i suggest to focus quite heavily on initiations as such things as hands up or die or anything in between get quite funny when people can initiate now with anything as long as its not hands up or die but sounds exactly same and right after kill you as you didn't complied.

Of course it will bring out those people to facepalm my suggestion who just like to go out, initiate, and kill rather than to do a proper roleplay with no intentions or sound of hazard and then do a gunfight.

I do feel that this is the main issue as new players get attack right after spawning (same happened to me on my first day, got told to pop my hands up and got killed)

In addition implement a NEW PLAYER rule, where players who are e.i: Less than 30 hours in the server can't get attacked or mugged, but if they are seen to do illegal and shady stuff police can arrest them and if they are the ones who start the robbery or initiations other can reply back with shots.

One life per gunfight rule - Gets a bit stupid when you're fighting cops or Poseidon and have to fight off 3 waves of the same players. With HMs I believe cops should also only be allowed to return after the different stages like rebels.
This, please implement this. 1 life per gunfight. For things like HM and contintal, 1 life for police, rebel and poseidon, and dead can return to the "mission" on transport stage. No difference between any factions at all.

Well... welll.. well

Where do we even start with this now we have @Wilco's attention.. i feel like i forgot everything i ever moaned about hahah

Im not going to repeat all the things i have spent months moaning about or people have mentioned here. So ill start with things people have not really talked about:

Other Servers - However much we can say that we are roleplay.co.uk and it will always be focused on that, this is the exact reason why we have had a big decline in numbers and other have not. They are more gunfight based.. this is a army game and people enjoy that aspect. They focus on rebels, weekly PVP events which fills the server in about 2 minutes.. then for the rest of the week people go around doing runs (on a stable/dynamic market) with lots of variety of runs to make the millions they will need for that event on the weekend. 

Now it would be very easy to say "well they have pvp events but its a roleplay server" and "the server is for roleplay" however, we here have a LOT stricter rules to all of these other servers. So quite frankly, if you set up PVP events and did all of this stuff like other servers. We still have the very strict rules that are set. This is good.. This means that people who think that this is like these other communities will get banned very quickly... The PVP events for rebels would only give people things to do during the event to save money for it whilst still having to follow the strict rules already in place. Nobody is saying make the rules softer, i think there just needs to be more clarity in some of them. 

Start Up - Believe it or not the plebs actually go around and help a lot of people if we see they are new, because they have an absolute shit time. Increase there money to 500k for all i care, its still fuck all in the grand scheme of things. Again, the problem with fresh starters is that the only way everyone advises to make money is diamonds or poseidon weed. So again, its these runs on an unbalanced economy fucking them over. We have probably around 15 different runs on the server and at the moment if were going around doing our stuff as plebs (robbing people) we will check diamonds or weed. Thats it.. So people do not stand a chance, if we have to check 15 different things because there more balanced then by the time we have checked 5 the person may have already done a full run. Thats the problem with new starters. 

Poseidon - Before i upset anyone, let me say i enjoyed poseidon when i was in it last and it is a good faction to be in.. however.... Its fucking pointless at the minute (sorry)  ... When it was made, it had a purpose and that was stuck too. Now its just a cheaper way of being a rebel, 200k loadout (or something?) 120k taru which you can do runs in and make money.. 120k blackfish to de-camp like a god @Eemil. Whilst were on the topic of poseidon and eemil, he left poseidon to come back rebel, then went back after a few days becasue of these lower prices, when you spawn you can regear. Back to poseidon, there whole thing is that they are a drug cartel and place drug runs for everyone to do. Yet, only around 12 people maybe? out of all of poseidon are able to place them. Fair enough, its command but other than that what purpose do they have?

I suggest... remove the faction. But wait only for a while.. Like this:

Remove poseidon, focus on bringing rebels back to the community, people will create new gangs.. Then we would need new updates for rebel life, all the usual. Cheaper prices, PVP events, just more fun things as rebels, skins. 

Then when we have a steady player base again which 100% would happen as proven on Wednesday night when i announced The Plebs were taking over, it created a load of fun for everyone and police slots were full, server was nearly full. It was a good night for the server.. (except the lag). Thats on a wednesday, with 1 day notice. That could easily be achieved if other issues are fixed along side this. 

Once the player base is steady, gangs are set up.. economy is booming again, we have maybe around 10 runs which are worth doing ranging from like 500k for aluminum and maybe like 1.2mil for weed.. That would give police more to do, rebels more to do and more freedom for new comers. 

Then bring the faction back with some tweaks which would be:

• Poseidon members can do runs like steel and such and use the factory to create weapons (like how we can make suppressors). They then have to transport them to a sort of poseidon auction house which you may have to buy another pass for.. maybe 100k? and then you can physically go to a shop that they control and you can buy weapons directly from them.. sort of cutting out the middle man dodgy dave. Then they could sell those guns for a discounted price, maybe like 200k for a mk1 or something like that? prices should be set though.  This will give poseidon members something interesting to do whilst its quiet because there is literally no point in logging on when the server is quiet. 
  • Poseidon do not control an area, they have hideouts that are fluid and move with the restarts. 
  • Poseidon can create anything rebel related to sell in there own shop which they get the money for (lockpicks.. £150 for a lockpick? no way). Basically they can craft anything rebel related, they would have to get resources.. creating more activity on all other runs that would me on the server. Even quiet ones, like clams and stuff like that, they would have to be used. 
You could even make those changes without removing the faction, however i think removing it and forcing people to go rebel would work a hell of a lot better and would give the devs 1 thing instead of 2 to try and fix. 

Basics

Some of these need addressing even tho its been said:

1. Banning 25 people for 1 persons actions is stupid.. Yes you might get rid of 2 other toxic people. But if there that toxic they will show it another time anyway right?
  2. Age, you have to remember most of the people who play here are young, immature and very easilly influenced by other people. They probably dont have much real life experience and it shows quiet often. I have seen it loads over the years. 
  3. Give people chances to put in another perm ban appeal, i know some of the OG boys were not actually bad people, maybe just made some bad decisions in the heat of the moment on that given day. 
  4. Runs

Personal Opinion

I think that honestly, some of you are holding onto this idea of "roleplay" way too much, everyone is here to roleplay (sometimes) and everyone is here to have gunfights (sometimes). The problem we always have is if person A who wants to have a gunfight/be hostile/be an actual rebel meets person B who wants to roleplay. Then person B crys to staff, staff watch person A and there whole gang "for 4 hours, as told by management" (quoted from a staff member) to watch someone slip up for 1 second "and get them gone"..

The rules are there to protect everyone, if you want to roleplay.. then do so, if you meet someone who wants a gunfight..  i mean try roleplay your way out or report them if they break a rule.. I think people have gone way to soft on here and dont let things go any more. People just need to man the fuck up and people need to stop being banned for not actually breaking a rule and people need to stop being called to Liasons for this reason:

"Because that was a shit situaiton", "you didnt really initiate properly because you never said you would shoot me", "you didnt even give me time to comply"

People need to report, or get over it and "regear and go again" 

The rules protect everyone, you could unban everyone that you have ever banned on the server (excluding hackers, and obvious large scale rule breaks) and people would get banned again if they really were not serious, but others will have matured and i bet you would get some good members back in the grand scheme of things. Thats not a suggestion of doing that, just a point that no matter the changes that are made, if we make it more PVP it will not change the fact you have to roleplay to some degree to not be banned. This aint exile. 

Last point

If you want rebel staff....

My application is waiting 😉

Joking aside, its nice to see you addressing this right from the top. Thanks for that, hope to see some good shit coming. 

I have mentioned this to a few people in the past already, cause I had very good experiences with it a while back on another server I used to play on.

While I agree on the fact that cops are receiving their gear and weapons from the government, I still think they should be paying more for it than they are atm. Been having quite a few chats with people about it and the common arguement is "But police doesn´t have a proper way to earn their money". That is a really good point... So why not change that? I don´t think it is necessary to get rid of police holidays or to let them play as rebels, there is another solution that I have seen implemented somewhere else.

Basically we had a document in place that had every offense or law break written down, with an appropriate fine "range" next to it. So if someone was speeding, for example, the officer could give a fine in between 30 and 50k, depending on roleplay. The officer then would get a certain amount of the ticket money into his own bank, how many % that would be, is obviously to be figured out. The list was openly visible for everyone, so if a cop decided to abuse the system, it was easily noticed and acted upon.

In my opinion, that leaves much more room for rp, the police would have a consistant way to earn their money and could pay for their gear. Which again, would promote RP in the end because most people might end up valuing their lifes a little more, since they had to pay for a new loadout.

This is just an idea and could obviously be switched up a little if needed. As I said, I have seen it work out very well before and it might be something to consider for the future. 😀👍

Personally I think staff/management should take greater interest in what are the whitelisted factions doing and what kind of impact does it have on a global scope.

For example this recent post by Poseidon:

Salt and diamond runs have been quite popular due to their relative ease and good profit margins. Then the Poseidon comes and more or less declares open war on diamond and salt miners. Taking into consideration already dwindling numbers in Civ slots, marking two favorite runs as target by substantial part of the server was simply not a good move for server itself, since it makes rebel/civ/newcomer life more difficult.

Thus I think Management/staff should interfere with such decisions, judging if they are beneficial for the community, economy balance and server health.

What about a faction cap, cap the amount of people that can be in the factions to a fair amount. This means rebels becomes more populated and on top of that it also means factions will be more strict in both the recruitment and maintaining of players.

What about a faction cap, cap the amount of people that can be in the factions to a fair amount. This means rebels becomes more populated and on top of that it also means factions will be more strict in both the recruitment and maintaining of players.
this is something iv been saying for a long while posedion  should be the top 10 - and if they go inactive- then get rid and replace them - make it a hard task to become them

- No communications - I find it quite sad when I visit other communities and see how good the communication between players/staff/management is. Here there is nothing. A good example is this, right now I have just looked at another RP communities forum and seen a fairly recent thread from management where they're really apologetic about a recent incident which impacted players, they spoke about how they're dedicated to the community and making this right etc. etc. That is completely unheard of here. I just feel that there is no real appreciation of the community here, we get kept out of everything, never told anything and just expected to get over it if the server suddenly goes down. A lot of us feel like ID's on a database than valued members of the community.
Going to address that one, That will be down to the community manager going forward as different people are dealing with different things, The management team are unfortunately reduced at the moment to two fairly busy people IRL while the others are on granted and very valid leave that is myself and @Ciaran

This doesn't mean we do not appreciate the community and its members that is a completely absurd proposition to make, we have been the ones that have been driving this place and keeping it stable and together for the last 5 and a half years with the huge help from the teams we have appointed and passed power to, You wouldn't believe how much commitment that takes....In fact i wouldn't expect you to even start to gauge it! No no no! its just that the community in 2019 is ran by a number of different departments if you like so if there is an issue with something then someone needs to address that across to the community

However what you are referring to i believe is a complete system outage... that is extremely rare here and should something like that occur then of course the management team would be giving updates and thanking the playerbase... In fact i believe if you look back this happened in 2015 last when we was hit with DDOS attacks and we gave multiple updates... I think you'll find the management team you are referring to was part of the management team here when that happened... but the updates came from me! 

The server sometimes will go down for example for updates, or if a hacker hits it.... however that is very rarely so i cannot take this seriously as a massive issue right now

There is appreciation from the management team, if your expecting the team however to send you an xmas card and give you a blowjob under the table then unfortunately you will remain very disappointed tonight.. from number 1 in the database

this is something iv been saying for a long while posedion  should be the top 10 - and if they go inactive- then get rid and replace them - make it a hard task to become them
Would that not disappoint players and force them out to seek factions elsewhere ?

Personally I think staff/management should take greater interest in what are the whitelisted factions doing and what kind of impact does it have on a global scope.

Salt and diamond runs have been quite popular due to their relative ease and good profit margins. Then the Poseidon comes and more or less declares open war on diamond and salt miners. Taking into consideration already dwindling numbers in Civ slots, marking two favorite runs as target by substantial part of the server was simply not a good move for server itself, since it makes rebel/civ/newcomer life more difficult.

Thus I think Management/staff should interfere with such decisions, judging if they are beneficial for the community, economy balance and server health.
This decision was beneficial for the health of Poseidon with the good of the server in mind. We had next to no one online for two weeks after our price change. This change has meant that Poseidon activity increased back to a minimum of 10-15 nightly. 
It created more interactions, and pushed narrative. You can not please everyone all of the time, but this change in Poseidon's mentality was directed at more than just Poseidon. 
By closing off the eastern runs Poseidon effectively narrowed the map. Activity would be around the Poseidon Drug Locations, or on the police controlled side of the island. Meaning that it was somewhat easier to find people to role play with when server numbers were falling. 

I do remember the uproar and the demand that factions run themselves ? Hence why Commander Wilco and my merry men left well alone... surely people wouldn't want a return to such a time ?

I will take a look at this news post, but then again people in this very thread are saying poseidon are infact inactive, so surely that wouldn't be an issue ?... any new players want to make a comment ?

Going to address that one, That will be down to the community manager going forward as different people are dealing with different things, The management team are unfortunately reduced at the moment to two fairly busy people IRL while the others are on granted and very valid leave that is myself and @Ciaran

This doesn't mean we do not appreciate the community and its members that is a completely absurd proposition to make, we have been the ones that have been driving this place and keeping it stable and together for the last 5 and a half years with the huge help from the teams we have appointed and passed power to, You wouldn't believe how much commitment that takes....In fact i wouldn't expect you to even start to gauge it! No no no! its just that the community in 2019 is ran by a number of different departments if you like so if there is an issue with something then someone needs to address that across to the community

However what you are referring to i believe is a complete system outage... that is extremely rare here and should something like that occur then of course the management team would be giving updates and thanking the playerbase... In fact i believe if you look back this happened in 2015 last when we was hit with DDOS attacks and we gave multiple updates... I think you'll find the management team you are referring to was part of the management team here when that happened... but the updates came from me! 

The server sometimes will go down for example for updates, or if a hacker hits it.... however that is very rarely so i cannot take this seriously as a massive issue right now

There is appreciation from the management team, if your expecting the team however to send you an xmas card and give you a blowjob under the table then unfortunately you will remain very disappointed tonight.. from number 1 in the database

Would that not disappoint players and force them out to seek factions elsewhere ?
 i completely understand that comment - but by the player count there doing that already - there needs to be a balance of how to provide people strong civ life - mixed with a ablity to keep whitelisted factions going - as it is, theres no civ life - its dead - i remember the days - plf - ti - gc - tck - there was always 2/3 even 4 bigger gangs around - now there is the plebs - thats it - its a shame that it is  - the server needs a life jacket and dingy - not a plaster to fit over the crack

The issue arises with what i mentioned earlier. If you limit what players can do in terms of joining factions/playing rebel people get bored, fed up.  If you put a cap on the police or pos people will inevitably get frustrated that they have to wait for others to get bored so they can experience something and have fun. If you allow for players to freely interchange roles then you wont need to cap the factions as players would be willing to go from one role to another. 100% there are people in the police that cant wait for their police holidays but that takes months just to get that 1 week! of something different. Its not practical that people have to wait so long just to do different things on the server especially now that police have caps on who and how many can go on police holiday, restricting friends from playing with one another. 

i completely understand that comment - but by the player count there doing that already - there needs to be a balance of how to provide people strong civ life - mixed with a ablity to keep whitelisted factions going - as it is, theres no civ life - its dead - i remember the days - plf - ti - gc - tck - there was always 2/3 even 4 bigger gangs around - now there is the plebs - thats it - its a shame that it is  - the server needs a life jacket and dingy - not a plaster to fit over the crack
Negative approach @Imstyle Where has anyone implied were going to put a plaster over a crack ?

This thread is about reform and change, lets hear a little optimism rather than your doom and gloom, Glad you understand the comment however I think Krispy needs a hug... he simply wont get it from me.

@Wilco its not even about doom and gloom - i still dont think people understand how bad its gotten here - iv been here 5 years , and its a community i care for alot - how ever - it needs some serious help and quickly - but if krispy wants a hug - im more then happy to 🙂

- Stupid comments on unbans - @Wilco This is more aimed at you but does also apply to the other staff leads that handle permanent bans. Can you just cut it out with some of the stupid responses? If I were a new member to this community and read the replies you sometimes give I'd go elsewhere. It does reflect badly on the community. The gifs are nothing but dumb and annoying as well. I'd be livid putting in a lengthy unban just to get denied with that gif because you didn't like what was said. I'm not trying to be rude here but it's something that can easily be changed and would encourage people to try and appeal. Everyone is human and they come here to have fun and enjoy their time, if they make a mistake then they shouldn't be faced with silly responses, This for example. Just act more fair and professional 🙂
As you tagged me, I do not feel i have ever left a stupid comment in an unban appeal... Its the people that leave appeals that sometimes leave stupid comments, that appeal you have given an example of surely cannot be seen as a serious appeal ?

This is the permanent bans forum a place where people who have go through the entire process and been removed from the community for the long term plead there full case and show a will that they want to return.

This is someone (who is now unbanned btw) but even though has been unbanned as messaged me multiple times today as well leaving a status demanding a member of staff team on a Saturday lunchtime drop everything and head to teamspeak.

The gifs are a bit of fun, never really had bad feedback from a number of people about them... going off track now... back to it.

I think this is a great opportunity to make things better and prepare this community for its inevitable and needed transformation. Thank you for giving the community this opportunity @Wilco

These are just my opinions.

At this point, a big portion of this community (especially the people that have been here for a while) are not really here for Arma. They are here to be part of a community and spend time online with people they've grown accustomed to and built friendships with. People stay on the server for ranks and for positions. 

A lot of people come to Teamspeak everyday, play other games with their mates and jump on the server occasionally. After all these years this is completely natural.

The fact that other servers are full while this one is not is not important in my opinion, if you actually go and play there you will find that majority of the active players (especially in whitelisted factions) are either ex-RPUK players that have been banned, or players that have been part of that community for a long time.

No one is gonna leave one community ans go to another after all these years unless their friends go there or they are banned. Some people also enjoy more lenient and less strict "roleplay" approach to Altis Life that they might have elsewhere.

What's happening to the server is natural, not that many new players coming to Arma, not too many people are willing to get started on a new server at this point.

In my opinion this community should go beyond Altis Life, capitalise it's potential and already existing community to diversify and move into new territory. Become a place for people to stay and play together. This place is so much more then just a Arma server.

Things that can be done for community.

• Diversify and push Roleplay.co.uk brand in other games.
  • Consider reworking the ban system from "until appealed" to a 2 strike system depending on severity of players offence. (Only regular bans, not Perm Bans) 

Things that can be done on the server

• Adding "Legendary" skins for items and vehicles that can be purchased for a big amount of money, giving players an extra thing to grind for.
  • Temporarily increase the amount of money new players get and promote that.
  • Introduce "New Life +" option where player can request to have everything reset.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back