What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Change is needed and the floor is open

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is a weird one - but increase the starting money to 200k - more money to help people get off the ground and not end up bankrupt. Might encourage more people to stay if they start with a bit extra cash(especially if they try other servers first and then join us later, where most others have 100k start)

Here is a weird one - but increase the starting money to 200k - more money to help people get off the ground and not end up bankrupt. Might encourage more people to stay if they start with a bit extra cash(especially if they try other servers first and then join us later, where most others have 100k start)
Then i need my compensation since I only got 100k at the beginning...

^^

+1

We Defiently need more benefits to being a rebel, the difference that one restart made was massive! i know i had a blast! 

Top 3 things i think need to be looked at 

- the dynamic market needs to be a priority ( i know this will take time) As this will change the way runs and varity to the server

- Rebel prices I've never done the rebel life other than a faction holiday and i end up loosing 5-25 mil in a week, why would i do that when i can join a faction and get similar benefits ( i know not all) for alot less 

- General Attitude - alot of people seem to forget this is a game at the end of the day, the amount of times i've joined a channel to hear people complaining about another group or faction! i don't stream too much anymore due to the fact is i know that if i have to join an intop all my stream will hear is 4 people moaning about someone throwing a spanner in there plans.... SHIT HAPPENS!

"oh why are poseidon trying to take me hostage" well probably because someone tried to shut down a dealer!

"oh why are the plebs trying to take all the gold bars!" well probably because they need them all to rebuy all the equipment they just had off them 

"oh why are police trying to shut down our fields" well it's kinda the job of the police to stop the cartel

I've heard them all through my time in both factions and it just turns everything into a 45 minute liason instead of actually gettting to enjoy the server!

Decreasing the price of owning gang property/multiple properties 

back when the 3 properties limit with x2,x3 cost were introduced, everyone was rich and rebel was booming. Now it is much more died down. I think knocking (thEse are off the HALF PRICE price) 2.5 million off DMT, 5 million of gang warehouse, and 10 million off of baracks and office would help encourage gangs to buy these properties, which effectively cement a gang as “official”. How I have always looked at a gang is if it doesn’t have a property, no matter how big of well known they are, they aren’t a proper rebel gang without their respective property 

Last edited by a moderator:
Let cops play as rebel when on as a civ, get rid of the police holiday system

would increase the amount of rebels as cops could play as them. 
also works to increase amount of cops as rebels could enjoy their time as rebels and also have some fun as a cop 

UNMC...

Im sure im not the only one that thinks this but UNMC was by far better than posideon have ever been, from the quality of RP to the way they dealt with people. Currently you have to do illegal runs in posideon lands or youll be put in the tower whats the point??
As someone who was in the UNMC for well over a year and was in the UNMC when it disbanded I can say without a doubt that Poseidons RP is better than the UNMCs was in the last 6 months of their existence. UNMC used to execute cops by the roadside with minimal RP, and im pretty sure the UNMC was also threatened with a blanket ban on a few occasions.

As for the legal runs being made illegal, this was a decision made by Poseidon command as a way to increase the amount of activities for Poseidon members to do inside of the Poseidon territory.

I do however agree with you, Poseidon RP standards have been slipping in recent weeks and I think some internal changes within the organisation should be made to remedy this.

A potential idea to keep the server numbers up at certain hours which was mentioned at the community meeting is the idea of allowing faction members i.e Police/Poseidon to play as rebels. A lot of other servers allow this feature as its seen from the community that players can often want to have multiple experiences on a server and limiting them to one at a time imo can cause issues. The idea is there that you have more than one persona, same with being a medic.  You could decide to be the best cop on the server and the most mischievous rebel in unison as long as you don't breach RP.  This could bring player numbers up as at the moment if you want to have more than one experience somewhere in the community you get blacklisted for leaving those faction as you've used up valuable time of said faction and now you're essentially throwing back in there face. As stated in this thread its a game people are here to enjoy their time.  Secondly if people aren't too big on the idea you could potentially only allow those factions to play as rebels during certain hours of the day. maybe when the numbers are low due to IRL commitments like work/school/collage e.i between 12:00pm and 04:00pm or even earlier 00:00am to 04:00pm. Just an idea \o/

This is coming from someone who hasn't played on here in well over a year.

The reason why I quit and moved on back then, was because the rebel life was simply very stale. I know this has been mentioned before, and there have been efforts to change that. But it was not only stale in terms of in-game content, but also because of the consequences of being in a 'successful'/major group. (reports, blanket bans, other factions complaining and admins spectating every move.) To the point where i'd be spending more time sorting stuff out on teamspeak than actually playing the game.

I know this community prides itself on being a serious and strict community. But at some point almost every group/gang I've played with had more than half their people banned, which resulted in people simply moving on to other servers.

A potential idea to keep the server numbers up at certain hours which was mentioned at the community meeting is the idea of allowing faction members i.e Police/Poseidon to play as rebels. A lot of other servers allow this feature as its seen from the community that players can often want to have multiple experiences on a server and limiting them to one at a time imo can cause issues. The idea is there that you have more than one persona, same with being a medic.  You could decide to be the best cop on the server and the most mischievous rebel in unison as long as you don't breach RP.  This could bring player numbers up as at the moment if you want to have more than one experience somewhere in the community you get blacklisted for leaving those faction as you've used up valuable time of said faction and now you're essentially throwing back in there face. As stated in this thread its a game people are here to enjoy their time.  Secondly if people aren't too big on the idea you could potentially only allow those factions to play as rebels during certain hours of the day. maybe when the numbers are low due to IRL commitments like work/school/collage e.i between 12:00pm and 04:00pm or even earlier 00:00am to 04:00pm. Just an idea \o/
I think you should be allowed to play both faction as rebel as long as you maintain your faction activity hours. It is a game, and the fact that the police care more about people playing rebel compared to Server rule breaks clearly shows there is a spot of bother there

*OPINION*

I agree with @Cap 

But also there has to be a balance, its not about one group of people. Its about everyone. Don't segregate the Old from the New people. 

New players need some sort of grace period to experience the server without being ran down in an instant. Not sure how this would be installed.

I believe when the runs were all Nerf'd and changed, along with the zones. The server began to struggle because the limitations on how we make money aren't worth while. A lot of people will not touch any of the basic Drug runs or the Wood runs etc. 

The prices are fine in my opinion. Just do some runs? Canny because you either get destroyed by Poseidon/ Police depending on the run and then the other runs are worth pennies. Could even just change the locations of the runs? Different timed runs could make it more beneficial for some products even if the price of the product isn't changed.

Poseidon probably need more of a goal than just fighting people also. Id like to see a different faction involved but that could just be because I wasn't around during UNMC.

May be a new or type of uniform like red cross sort of thing that we could all recognise straight away as new players so we could leave them be sort of thing. and maybe when they reach a certain Cash level they can no longer buy this uniform just a thought

1. Add the ability to bench snipe back, not only did this make it harder to bench but you run for like 5 seconds then aim down your scope and its like your character is having a asthma attack.
  2. Make runs simpler, when you add more runs and do not monitor how much money can be made it completely fucks up the economy (which it already has done) when i first joined i remember how hard it was to make cash and nowadays there's just sooooo many ways to make easy money.
  3. Change the way imitations are done, lets say i run up to a guy POINTING A 7.62 rifle at a guys head and tell him to put his hands up realistically he should co operate so he avoids getting himself killed, at the moment as soon as someone initiates people just run around in circles drawing weapons and repeating themselves 20 times before someone shoots. 
  4. general balance to the runs and possibly remove some of them.
  5. Add the ability to buy blasting charges from advanced or rebel shop (little buff for the rebels).

Let cops play as rebel when on as a civ, get rid of the police holiday system
Let poseidon aswell. If people stay inactive in their actual faction, then just remove them for inactivity instead of saying big no. Someone people can play both sides and still be active and have fun.

Not sure if this is possible but lets see;

Maybe having the ability of paying people weekly on how long they have played on the server for that certain week? payout on the same day, maybe every Sunday for all players?

Say Player X has played on the server for 3 hours every day for a week {25k per hour} so at the end of the week the player would get 525k for playing that week, obviously prices can be changed this is only to get an idea. But the Idea of this is to get more players playing for a longer amount of time, the more time you play on the server you get more money into your bank, or counterfeit money that you need to pick up from the post office or something?

Another thing which i would think needs looking into would be how suggestions are dealt with. If you do look through the suggestions and are intrigued by what the community is either requesting or doing in attempts to better the community you will notice that there is no acknowledgement from the devs on most if not all of them.  I completely understand the standpoint that as a dev team you cant make promises that you aren't capable of keeping, meaning you cant state that yes this will be done and shit hits the fan and the person working on said project has to stop, you then end up leaving people disappointed or in most of the cases here wondering if it actually will happen but i feel something needs to be done due to people feeling like there suggestions go unlooked and they've wasted their time. An example of this would be suggestions that were made not too long ago regarding certain map changes.  I'm only mentioning these in particulate as I personally worked on the idea. 

The issue i found in this situation was that nobody from the dev team commented on either of said posts. I know for definite that not only writing said post took time to do but also the thought process and creation took quite some time as I wanted to make something perfect or even usable as Ciaran had mentioned in the community meeting that the dev team would be accepting things from outside the dev team. 

In all honesty the only suggestion post that i remember that got a dev response with was when I asked for the moon back. I do understand that the devs arent robots and cant respond or communicate to everyone/thing 

I'm not trying to shit in anyone's cereal i just feel like the communication in certain areas only needs to improve slightly so people don't feel they are wasting their time.

1. Add the ability to bench snipe back, not only did this make it harder to bench but you run for like 5 seconds then aim down your scope and its like your character is having a asthma attack.
  2. Make runs simpler, when you add more runs and do not monitor how much money can be made it completely fucks up the economy (which it already has done) when i first joined i remember how hard it was to make cash and nowadays there's just sooooo many ways to make easy money.
  3. Change the way imitations are done, lets say i run up to a guy POINTING A 7.62 rifle at a guys head and tell him to put his hands up realistically he should co operate so he avoids getting himself killed, at the moment as soon as someone initiates people just run around in circles drawing weapons and repeating themselves 20 times before someone shoots. 
  5. Add the ability to buy blasting charges from advanced or rebel shop (little buff for the rebels).
+1 for all of this, add a rule were you have to value your life if you are surrounded or someone has a gun to the back of your head. 

+1 for all of this, add a rule were you have to value your life if you are surrounded or someone has a gun to the back of your head. 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back