What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Change the rate of police firearms becoming broken when dropped to the same rate that criminals lose their firearms to NPC nurses

ErnieW

Los Santos Police
Los Santos Police
Brief Summary:
Match the chance of police weapons breaking to the same chance/rate that criminal lose their guns in the hospital to NPC nurses.

Detailed Suggestion:
People are losing guns in the hospital more than any other way in the server currently and it's crap. It's not enjoyable, fun or engaging in any way and only serves to annoy and frustrate people. However, it makes logical sense that if the civilian players on the server can lose their items easily to RNG then why shouldn't the police be at the same level of risk, it's only fair. Currently the rate at which a police weapon breaks is extremely high, so much so that I've never heard a police weapon not be broken when dropped. It feels like the chances of losing a gun in the hospital is extremely high [reference]. It doesn't seem fair and reasonable with how the chances are currently. I held off on making a suggestion because I wanted to give it some time and a fair chance to see if it could be good for the overall meta.

I think a lot of people wouldn't be against this change being completely removed. This is an alternative I have come up with as I have heard that it might not be removed. It'd be good to hear from others to see what the thoughts are on both sides.

The Pros: 
More balanced for criminals
Fairer
Police might be more careful

The Cons:
Police might get robbed a bit more

Does this suggestion change balance on the server?: Yes

Last edited by a moderator:
-1, just no.  The system was implemented to stop police from being vending machines and as such it shouldn't go back to that.

The reason why the equipment breaking feature was put in place all that time ago was to avoid poor roleplay between criminals and police. It acted (and still acts) as a deterrent for criminals to rob any police officer they saw (when they are at petrol stations, single-crewed at a traffic stop, alone at the front of a police station, the list goes on).

I imagine if the chances were matched it would inevitably bring back the idea of police being vending machines. The roleplay standard would get worse than it already is. The idea of robbing/hostage taking being ‘high quality’ doesn’t necessarily equal fun for police. I can assure you it is very boring and demoralising from a police perspective getting a gun stuffed down your throat and being forced to drop your stuff numerous times during one shift. It ruins the fun that there is in policing which leads to people going inactive for large amounts of time. This carries on with a domino effect where there is no police to actually police the server and therefore criminals having no fun as there is no risk involved.

I can’t see any overarching positives that would come from this. It would simply feed the server with more guns, and let’s face it, there are already plenty.
You're assuming that the chances are going to be very high, In my opinion the chances should be equal but not that high. I personally don't know the chances of guns breaking but its very, very low compared to the chance of us losing our guns in hospitals. I understand that being a hostage is not the most enjoyable thing but then again we could say from a crim perspective that being in a cell for 15 min - 1 hour is quite boring too. At least being a hostage brings you a unique experience, for us being in a cell, is nothing but waiting for the officer to write you an essay. 

The whole point of this suggestion is for both sides to be fairer. If you lose A gun you can always get another from the armory and be more conscious of how you got robbed. We can't just go and grab unlimited guns as we'll eventually run out and making money is very boring and demotivating to make. Unless your in the Firm/Lost.

As a lot of others have said, this will bring a return to the repetitive situation of kidnap-rob-dump. The amount of police willing to have a laugh and actually chat to gang members will likely decrease massively due to the constant robberies they'll have to put up with.

Can't help but feel as if devs/management make these changes in order to sway the meta of the server, and not many people adapt and would rather try and get it reverted. Just the way I see it this time around 🤷‍♂️

In a perfect world where people would actually have some self restraint and control over their greed, sure. Last I remember the weapons breaking was implemented because police was literally used as "Vending Machines" and it became absolutely ridiculous to the point where they couldn´t leave the station for more than 5 minutes without being engaged upon...

AFAIK the chances of illegal items to be taken in the hospital has already been adjusted since it´s been implemented but like with anything else, the more often you take a chance, the more often the odds will be against you. If you don´t want to be brought to the hospital constantly, spend some time to learn where the Dodgies are usually setting camp. Alternatively we could also just stop turning the whole city into a war zone and shoot each other 5 times a day... As long as that is still happening, it looks to me like there is not really a lack of firearms either. 

Let´s be honest here, this is not about fairness, considering these two things are not even comparable in the slightest, and it´s also not about roleplay. It´s about spending less time actually roleplaying and making money and having the means to spend more time shooting. 

Not to speak of what the return of police vending machines would do to server economy... 

In a perfect world where people would actually have some self restraint and control over their greed, sure. Last I remember the weapons breaking was implemented because police was literally used as "Vending Machines" and it became absolutely ridiculous to the point where they couldn´t leave the station for more than 5 minutes without being engaged upon...

AFAIK the chances of illegal items to be taken in the hospital has already been adjusted since it´s been implemented but like with anything else, the more often you take a chance, the more often the odds will be against you. If you don´t want to be brought to the hospital constantly, spend some time to learn where the Dodgies are usually setting camp. Alternatively we could also just stop turning the whole city into a war zone and shoot each other 5 times a day... As long as that is still happening, it looks to me like there is not really a lack of firearms either. 

Let´s be honest here, this is not about fairness, considering these two things are not even comparable in the slightest, and it´s also not about roleplay. It´s about spending less time actually roleplaying and making money and having the means to spend more time shooting. 

Not to speak of what the return of police vending machines would do to server economy... 
+1 to all of this

It's already possible to rob firearms that are bagged as evidence,
as long as they're not police weapons*

Anyway, I concur with what Sammy said, I wouldn't mind the chances being upped, but I fear the "cop vending machine" meta that led to the initial change would return making it aids for police again.

Last edited by a moderator:
The whole point of this suggestion is for both sides to be fairer. If you lose A gun you can always get another from the armory and be more conscious of how you got robbed. We can't just go and grab unlimited guns as we'll eventually run out and making money is very boring and demotivating to make. Unless your in the Firm/Lost.
So, this isn't about it being fairer is it? This all boils down to criminals wanting to get guns easier, so they don't have to roleplay to get the money for them? 
Yes, guns for police may be "free" in the hands of the officer, however, each gun costs the police money. So, yes, "you can always get another gun from the armoury", but what about the damage in the long run? 

An average price per constable for police, if it's frontline and they're FTOC trained, would most likely be in the 65.000 - 90.000, mainly because of the firearm. The price for a firearms officer is without a doubt 2-3 times that, since a SIG costs 55k for police, without attachment(s). Everytime police "buys" a gun for a constable, they've essentially spawned in a new firearm, which in return, if they get robbed for it, means prices for a Glock-17 will plummet, and ultimately cost pennies. 

Something else, which @ErnieWdidn't mention in his suggestion is the damage on the server economy, which this will do in the long run. Gun prices may be high, but we're a UK themed RP server, not an American themed RP server. Guns are meant to be expensive. You've made the choice to join a gang, and you've made the choice you want a gun, and therefore have the pay the price for it. 

Before people call me out for it, yes, I'm a police main, however, seeing how the server has evolved, which now feel more like Arma 3 than FiveM, makes me question the actual reason for this post. To me, this feel more like a "we want more guns, but don't want to RP for it", than anything else. Maybe instead of suggesting something, which in return would break the economy, maybe suggest a way to repair the guns?

I.e, if you take them to a certain group or local, etc, then for a high price and a chance of it breaking, you might get a working gun in return.

Selling coke to locals involves no roleplay and is extremely boring. The same goes for taxing. That's all I'm going to say.
+1, one of the biggest problems for me currently is how the main ways to make money involve 0 RP interaction.

So, this isn't about it being fairer is it? This all boils down to criminals wanting to get guns easier, so they don't have to roleplay to get the money for them? 
Yes, guns for police may be "free" in the hands of the officer, however, each gun costs the police money. So, yes, "you can always get another gun from the armoury", but what about the damage in the long run? 

An average price per constable for police, if it's frontline and they're FTOC trained, would most likely be in the 65.000 - 90.000, mainly because of the firearm. The price for a firearms officer is without a doubt 2-3 times that, since a SIG costs 55k for police, without attachment(s). Everytime police "buys" a gun for a constable, they've essentially spawned in a new firearm, which in return, if they get robbed for it, means prices for a Glock-17 will plummet, and ultimately cost pennies. 

Something else, which @ErnieWdidn't mention in his suggestion is the damage on the server economy, which this will do in the long run. Gun prices may be high, but we're a UK themed RP server, not an American themed RP server. Guns are meant to be expensive. You've made the choice to join a gang, and you've made the choice you want a gun, and therefore have the pay the price for it. 

Before people call me out for it, yes, I'm a police main, however, seeing how the server has evolved, which now feel more like Arma 3 than FiveM, makes me question the actual reason for this post. To me, this feel more like a "we want more guns, but don't want to RP for it", than anything else. Maybe instead of suggesting something, which in return would break the economy, maybe suggest a way to repair the guns?

I.e, if you take them to a certain group or local, etc, then for a high price and a chance of it breaking, you might get a working gun in return.
The current meta to making money is selling drugs/taxi. Making enough for one gun for the average gang member takes so long and is extremely demotivating. Selling drugs has been nerfed for some odd reason and has only become worse because only 1 person can sell on each turf. No one really goes out and calls in Gus anymore from what I've seen and its become pointless selling. (Unless you sell at midnight onwards irl) 

You have to understand that us as crims have fuck all to do at the moment. We are lacking content and I fully get that the crim update is being rolled out and stuff but we have heard the same exact thing for the last 6+ months. Why do you think we all resort to gunfights/wars at the end of the day? Because there is genuinely nothing to do that's worthwhile, even wars are boring nowadays. 

We have very few money making methods that don't involve RP, as well as you can't just go out and say "Go and roleplay to make money". Some people just don't have that much time on their hands to make money through all that and some just want to make money solo/ small group.

Maybe if there was more things to do as a crim and more money making methods, we wouldn't be complaining so much and I hope that the update comes out sooner than later. I want to play the server and enjoy it but i'm finding that hard atm. 

I’m going to say no because the majority of gangs will continuously target police (as they did before this change came in) with numbers and milk them for weapons. 
If that wouldn’t be the case then I would say +1 and allow it to be a nice bonus for crim characters when kidnapping or targeting specific officers with good rp however that would definitely never be the case on this server.

Back