What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Changes to the death/down animation

James Wyatt

Los Santos Police
Los Santos Police
Currently when you get injured to the point of going down your character goes invisible for a short period of time then you spawn in the 1 of 3 down states. When shot from a vehicle your character teleports outside of the car for a short period of time then you spawn back into the vehicle dead, looks tacky and from the shooters POV you can see them teleport out for a short period of time and "confirms" you got the target.

I'm suggesting that when you go down, you go into a state which looks like your "ragdolled". Only issue which comes with this is people acting down by pressing "U" and abusing the fact they cant take damage then standing up and shooting / attacking people however I'm sure a simple report each time this occurred would stop people abusing this. This also means when shot from a vehicle you would just die in the same way you did in normal GTA, preventing the short teleportation out of the car and preventing the shooter from knowing he got the kill unless he approached closer. When the driver is shot it would also work the same as normal gta, meaning there is a chance the drivers head could end up on the wheel and the car goes out of control.

Imo this idea could be tried, if it doesn't work as well or causes issues it may just be reverted

Currently when you get injured to the point of going down your character goes invisible for a short period of time then you spawn in the 1 of 3 down states. When shot from a vehicle your character teleports outside of the car for a short period of time then you spawn back into the vehicle dead, looks tacky and from the shooters POV you can see them teleport out for a short period of time and "confirms" you got the target.

I'm suggesting that when you go down, you go into a state which looks like your "ragdolled". Only issue which comes with this is people acting down by pressing "U" and abusing the fact they cant take damage then standing up and shooting / attacking people however I'm sure a simple report each time this occurred would stop people abusing this. This also means when shot from a vehicle you would just die in the same way you did in normal GTA, preventing the short teleportation out of the car and preventing the shooter from knowing he got the kill unless he approached closer. When the driver is shot it would also work the same as normal gta, meaning there is a chance the drivers head could end up on the wheel and the car goes out of control.

Imo this idea could be tried, if it doesn't work as well or causes issues it may just be reverted
One of the main reasons the animation is done for development issues, ragdoll is client sided hence the death locations are sometimes very different for the injured vs the NHS for example. Yes it looks goofy but it's better than the alternative of just being somewhere completely different on each person's POV

One of the main reasons the animation is done for development issues, ragdoll is client sided hence the death locations are sometimes very different for the injured vs the NHS for example. Yes it looks goofy but it's better than the alternative of just being somewhere completely different on each person's POV

Aye fair enough, well when it comes to deaths inside of vehicles surely it could be the rag dolled state until removed from the vehicle. It could always just be reverted back to the old character death inside of vehicles where you fly out of the car. Makes things look less tacky

when it comes to deaths inside of vehicles surely it could be the rag dolled state until removed from the vehicle
No, I don't like the teleport thing myself however I originally didn't have it and it didn't teleport so it needs the small delay else it doesn't work

I've managed to find a old suggestion regarding the death animation which never got looked at by a dev and didn't go anywhere ( Here )

The suggestion in simple terms says "Increase the ragdoll time after getting shot" before spawning the dead player . Which in return makes things look smoother. Different to my original suggestion but I didn't originally know it was a client sided thing

No, I don't like the teleport thing myself however I originally didn't have it and it didn't teleport so it needs the small delay else it doesn't work

Fair enough, imo it looked cleaner when you fell out of the vehicle after getting shot if that's the case

Back