What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

elite dangerous

the feeling though when you actually just fly into your docking space without having to adjust is unexplainable 

Why have you guys only heard about this now, pre release was so last season, seriously it was in summer

Downloaded. First combat tried. I suck.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well finally made it on last night !!!  I died LOL, yeah big learning curve, cant wait till they bring out squadron support.

Would be good to get a elite TS channel :)

Will probably be addicted to this for a while anyway, and coupled with the fact i am unable to roleplay properly most nights due to a personal situation it fits in quite well.

@Thanatos Good news you can get a docking computer ;)

@Heatproofsean I wasn't aware you had actually recorded your docking the other night !!! ;)

FYI also new update so you will need to download patch.
So much lol xD

Downloading it!

that very well could of been me flying... 

I'm just glad you did record it when i was waiting outside the dock and I accidently hit boost and few into to building and go another 900Cr fine >.<

If you feel like properly needing out when playing it voice attack works really well with it, only have to use my keyboard now to get to the main menu and I'm sure i colud set up a voice command for that aswell

that very well could of been me flying...

I'm just glad you did record it when i was waiting outside the dock and I accidently hit boost and few into to building and go another 900Cr fine >.<
Well technically I was streaming so might have it saved.

I have a HOTAS flight stick with throttle and 12 buttons to bind things to. I would recommend voice attack if your using mouse and keyboard to limit button confusion.

Oh yeah I forgot about voice controls. I play with a 10 button (I think) hotas joystick/throttle. But Im still missing cargo scoop and landing gear bindings.

I'll see if I can set it up. I know I saw a streamer using voice and a rift....

Any good hints on how to bind keys when using keyboard? Joystick incoming next week :p

Ive got the thrust master x hoyas only a cheap thing but it has like 12 buttons on so all my flight stuff is on that

I'm using voice controls for menus, jumping into hyperspeed and things like that

As for key binds it all depends on how your playing (trading, bounty huntimg etc ) but u know i have stiff with no key bins because at the moment i have no need for them

Personally I am sticking with default keys and may drag my joysticks out of the cupboard soon, I will slowly remap my keys as I learn what i need or find useful.

I find trying to ReMap everything to start with is a bad move,

i have star citizen and i'm absolutely looking forward to its universe....but the more i've seen of this game the more i want but the $75 alpha and beta entry put me off the more reasonable 35 come release has more than interested in it

plus i have to get some use out of this cruddy joystick i've got
Same here, I am the proud owner of a Freelancer MAX + Full alpha pack :)

@ I would recommend you buying gimballed weapons for your ship if your having trouble with precision aiming. In the later training missions they are used so try them and you will see how much easier it is.

Got my first good sessions, found out a lot more than the first day :D Took out my first criminal, transported a lot of goods.. Tomorrow: Bountyhunting :D

Back