What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Enough is Enough all (Rant Beware)

Oh please. We had this discussion before and I’ll say it again. The massive fucking .50 cal was the illegal thing which you were trying to sling load, not the helicopter itself. 
I do apologise but i dont think i have ever discussed this with you infact i think the first time i met you in game was a few days ago 

IMO roleplay has gone down because of the need to win. 'No officer, this is a metal detector not a mk18, look at the ground, beep beep!' 'Fuck off mate, I can see it, give it here or you're getting tased.' This interaction happened between myself and a member of gold command and two members of silver command while on a traffic stop in kavala, no previous charges were counted. I'm paraphrasing but this was the extent of the situation. Good players create good roleplay, not rules or economy changes. Yes boredom is a factor, but there's an unlimited supply of roleplay scenarios by definition.

I'd like to see CC LastNickLeft.

IMO roleplay has gone down because of the need to win. 'No officer, this is a metal detector not a mk18, look at the ground, beep beep!' 'Fuck off mate, I can see it, give it here or you're getting tased.' This interaction happened between myself and a member of gold command and two members of silver command while on a traffic stop in kavala, no previous charges were counted. I'm paraphrasing but this was the extent of the situation. Good players create good roleplay, not rules or economy changes. Yes boredom is a factor, but there's an unlimited supply of roleplay scenarios by definition.

This, the best interaction I had witha Cop was when a CI in AR uniform walk past my car and said 'Stop or you're will be disabled' and obviously we had a gunfight and won 😄

I can say I agree with pretty much everything you are saying here not going to lie. I've been here since 2017 and was banned for about 6 months but took a good year and a bit away from the server and I can tell that the quality of RP has changed dramatically. The days of turning up to a fuel station and someone having an RP story prepared are long gone, as are the days we could tell UNMC, or now Posideon, to put their guns away and they would comply without a gunfight. It is very sad, and you can see how it is affecting the server - as we probably have the lowest player count out of the big servers now, where I remember us having a server and a half full at most times. Problem is I dont fully see this being from your standpoint, and I don't think you can really be raising this point with the quality of RP I see from you and the gang you roll with. Every situation it's basically as good as hands up or die. I am not saying I am perfect either, far from it in fact. But we all need to make that effort individually again as a community to bring it back.

This, the best interaction I had witha Cop was when a CI in AR uniform walk past my car and said 'Stop or you're will be disabled' and obviously we had a gunfight and won 😄
Now, I understand where you are both coming from, a LOT of police simply can't handle losing. And I also understand this is extremely frustrating, never being able to walk up to an officer without being arrested and questioned about whether or not your nan files her taxes properly...

But still I can't help but question why it is always us police who get "Just accept your loss". To use Aethon's example, why can't you just take the loss? Realise that you got caught with the gun and roleplay. Don't misunderstand me, you don't always have to, it is fun for police when someone plays a rebel (if they do so properly). However I can't help but feel that it is only ever police who get slandered for always wanting to win.

If you want roleplay, you also need to contribute. That doesn't mean I am saying us in the police are perfect, far from. But if it's always a metal detector/walking stick/fishing rod or what not and we always have to yield and say "Ah my bad mate, go on", that's hardly fun for anyone, or at the very least not for us. Like I said, this does not mean your point is irrelevant, a good chunk of the police really ought to learn how to take a loss, but so does a good chunk of rebels.

Roleplay will always be about giving and taking, losing some and winning some. I think if everyone focuses more on improving themselves we will see an overall rise in roleplay quality. This doesn't mean you can't call people out, but realise that when you do so you also have to reflect on whether you (rebels as a whole not you two guys individually) might also be part of the problem.

I could just as easily cite tens if not hundreds or scenarios where I rock up to a rebel and get hit with "Leave the are or get shot", but I also have to realise why that is. It is most likely because people don't expect much more from the police, as such they will respond in a equal manner. However the same goes for rebels, most of the time we will get very minimal RP and as such a lot of people will reply in an equal manner. This isn't by any means right, but it is the reality of it. The best thing to do then is to improve your own roleplay, if people start to recieve roleplay they will also start to give more roleplay, in general. If everyone did this, we'd be well on our way back to where we want our roleplay to be.

This is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion off staff or the police

But still I can't help but question why it is always us police who get "Just accept your loss". To use Aethon's example, why can't you just take the loss? Realise that you got caught with the gun and roleplay. Don't misunderstand me, you don't always have to, it is fun for police when someone plays a rebel (if they do so properly). However I can't help but feel that it is only ever police who get slandered for always wanting to win.
You are smoking some mad grass today, rebels always have to take it up the chin. The Police abuse their positions so much, they will kill random people out of random cars because they assume they are part of the situation and because of that they get off easily. Police will moan at rebels oh you guys dont try to roleplay when they make shitty initaition like that and expect us to be nice. Lets not even get into camping greenzone after restart, absolute garbage tactics.

You are smoking some mad grass today, rebels always have to take it up the chin. The Police abuse their positions so much, they will kill random people out of random cars because they assume they are part of the situation and because of that they get off easily. Police will moan at rebels oh you guys dont try to roleplay when they make shitty initaition like that and expect us to be nice. Lets not even get into camping greenzone after restart, absolute garbage tactics.
I'm not denying any of this as I have seen some these thing happen myslef and know about the rest of it, and it's absolutely shit. But here's my point. can you with a straight face tell me rebels always play completely fair, have the highest quality of roleplay, never kill someone they shouldn't, never moan about anyone or anything, never use any dirty tactics?

Now maybe you don't, maybe you are a model player, I honestly don't know. But I can tell you there are people who aren't model players. Some of these are in the police, some of them are poseidon, some of them are rebels. But let's not pretend that your list (or at the very least most of it) can't be applied to rebels/poseidon as well as police. This is my point exactly, you are so focused on what others are doing wrong that you never stop to think "am I doing everything right?" ("you" here being non-police as a whole).

@CSI Nomad I  actually very often just decide to surrender in easily won situations just to see what happens and 90% of the time I am then just shipped off to jail for 20 minutes with minimal words said and no way for me to roleplay out of it. 

It was only last week when I got stopped by cops as Poseidon, given the whole hands up or you’re gonna be tased and then taken to prison for 20 minutes just for being a member of the cartel. I had no opportunity to roleplay out of it and because I gave a fake name I get the whole “YoU mUSt Be aN iLleGaL iMmiGrAnT” and given the max sentence. It’s situations like that which make me never want to lose to the cops, because I know it would then just be shit for me and I’d have no fun.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think you can really be raising this point with the quality of RP I see from you and the gang you roll with. Every situation it's basically as good as hands up or die. I am not saying I am perfect either, far from it in fact. But we all need to make that effort individually again as a community to bring it back.
I would just like to say that theres alot of this being said, where as i believe we are all to blame. Although im aware Relic are renounded for always being in gunfights you will notice they tend to die because they try do be by the book as possible. I wouldnt agree that i myself am guilty of this despite what i have just said, as i dont rob people nor begin gunfights it seems i am just used to end them. But your point is valid and i am no way perfect. I really appricate Felix that with the friction us two have we can see eye to eye. i respect that alot 

this is very true Nomad, from looking at the statements it seems we are all orientated to our faction be it medic rebel cartel police. And although there is alot of work that could be done with the people in the police i do believe the fear of a loss has an effect on people reflection on the police. I believe we need to accept responsibility for how our actions have effects on how we formulate day to day

Personally i would love to see a rule come in where if you are talking to someone in game IE police ETC... if you want to communicate though comms it should be hotmiced to Direct. the idea of have two conversations is stupid, especially when police calling for backup is something you will see in many of the online videos today. its a small change which can help quality of roleplay. It will allow everything to be authentic and not allow people to have a unnessacary unrealistic advantage. 

What do you guys think to that?

I could just as easily cite tens if not hundreds or scenarios where I rock up to a rebel and get hit with "Leave the are or get shot", but I also have to realise why that is. It is most likely because people don't expect much more from the police, as such they will respond in a equal manner. However the same goes for rebels, most of the time we will get very minimal RP and as such a lot of people will reply in an equal manner. This isn't by any means right, but it is the reality of it. The best thing to do then is to improve your own roleplay, if people start to recieve roleplay they will also start to give more roleplay, in general. If everyone did this, we'd be well on our way back to where we want our roleplay to be.
This is important for all to be aware of.

Demon if we look back to page 1 we have a similar story from a police man who was gunned down miles from a gunfight but because he was police he was deem'd involved unfourtuatley i cannot reference it while writing this but you may find some light in reading it 

It's really quite refreshing to see alot of different people with different view points conducting a genuine discussion for once, hopefully everyone can learn something or take something from this and better themselves in the future. It's definitely been intersting to follow. 

Personally i would love to see a rule come in where if you are talking to someone in game IE police ETC... if you want to communicate though comms it should be hotmiced to Direct. the idea of have two conversations is stupid, especially when police calling for backup is something you will see in many of the online videos today. its a small change which can help quality of roleplay. It will allow everything to be authentic and not allow people to have a unnessacary unrealistic advantage. 

What do you guys think to that?
That is already a rule. Its called hotmicing. If you don't hotmic stuff like that then you'll get the boot.

That is already a rule. Its called hotmicing. If you don't hotmic stuff like that then you'll get the boot.
Why is this not enforced and respected then? could you help me by telling me the rule code i would love to have it saved? personally i have only ever seen SGT Pheonix ever hotmic calling for backup or strategys. To be honest if anyone wants to know what a good symbol for quality roleplay Pheonix's streams will show you alot 

It's really quite refreshing to see alot of different people with different view points conducting a genuine discussion for once, hopefully everyone can learn something or take something from this and better themselves in the future. It's definitely been intersting to follow. 
YES! 

@CSI Nomad I  actually very often just decide to surrender in easily won situations just to see what happens and 90% of the time I am then just shipped off to jail for 20 minutes with minimal words said and no way for me to roleplay out of it. 

It was only last week when I got stopped by cops as Poseidon, given the whole hands up or you’re gonna be tased and then taken to prison for 20 minutes just for being a member of the cartel. I had no opportunity to roleplay out of it and because I gave a fake name I get the whole “YoU mUSt Be aN iLleGaL iMmiGrAnT” and given the max sentence. It’s situations like that which make me never want to lose to the cops, because I know it would then just be shit for me and I’d have no fun.
Yep, and this is the problem, you try and create an oppurtunity to roleplay and get shutdown. For most people this in the future means they won't give that oppurtunity and as such we get stuck in a loop. Kudos to you for trying, now we can just hope more people start taking those oppurtunities.

The response to this post is truly amazing and to be quite honest when i began to write this i expected to get alot of hate for writing this post. But to hear we all have views on this matter is great. A huge thankyou to all who are involved!

Last edited by a moderator:
Why is this not enforced and respected then? could you help me by telling me the rule code i would love to have it saved? personally i have only ever seen SGT Pheonix ever hotmic calling for backup or strategys. To be honest if anyone wants to know what a good symbol for quality roleplay Pheonix's streams will show you alot 
[SIZE=medium](3.5) You must hot-mic all communications that have been made over teamspeak when they are relevant to influencing the course of roleplay. This means that if you are communicating to fellow team members via Teamspeak and you are in audio proximity range of another player (they can hear you), you must hot mic any commands given so the rival player can overhear. This rule does not apply if both sides are engaged in a gunfight together.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium](3.5) You must hot-mic all communications that have been made over teamspeak when they are relevant to influencing the course of roleplay. This means that if you are communicating to fellow team members via Teamspeak and you are in audio proximity range of another player (they can hear you), you must hot mic any commands given so the rival player can overhear. This rule does not apply if both sides are engaged in a gunfight together.[/SIZE]
Thanks alot. 

I think everyone would like to see a CC LastNickLeft haha. As for the RP with guns. I agree with the fact that there are cops that block RP and any attempts at RP, however - we hear the same stale RP stories day in and day out, especially the GC members that have been here for a long time. It is not your fault that the server has been here for 6 years and your story is old, but it is hard to continue RP with people who say 'It's an airsoft gun' without any UCARA, 'Its a drill' while they are robbing a store without paperwork or 'It's a metal detector' when you're going 'beep beep'

Back