What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Enough is Enough all (Rant Beware)

Now, I understand where you are both coming from, a LOT of police simply can't handle losing. And I also understand this is extremely frustrating, never being able to walk up to an officer without being arrested and questioned about whether or not your nan files her taxes properly...

But still I can't help but question why it is always us police who get "Just accept your loss". To use Aethon's example, why can't you just take the loss? Realise that you got caught with the gun and roleplay. Don't misunderstand me, you don't always have to, it is fun for police when someone plays a rebel (if they do so properly). However I can't help but feel that it is only ever police who get slandered for always wanting to win.

If you want roleplay, you also need to contribute. That doesn't mean I am saying us in the police are perfect, far from. But if it's always a metal detector/walking stick/fishing rod or what not and we always have to yield and say "Ah my bad mate, go on", that's hardly fun for anyone, or at the very least not for us. Like I said, this does not mean your point is irrelevant, a good chunk of the police really ought to learn how to take a loss, but so does a good chunk of rebels.

Roleplay will always be about giving and taking, losing some and winning some. I think if everyone focuses more on improving themselves we will see an overall rise in roleplay quality. This doesn't mean you can't call people out, but realise that when you do so you also have to reflect on whether you (rebels as a whole not you two guys individually) might also be part of the problem.

I could just as easily cite tens if not hundreds or scenarios where I rock up to a rebel and get hit with "Leave the are or get shot", but I also have to realise why that is. It is most likely because people don't expect much more from the police, as such they will respond in a equal manner. However the same goes for rebels, most of the time we will get very minimal RP and as such a lot of people will reply in an equal manner. This isn't by any means right, but it is the reality of it. The best thing to do then is to improve your own roleplay, if people start to recieve roleplay they will also start to give more roleplay, in general. If everyone did this, we'd be well on our way back to where we want our roleplay to be.

This is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion off staff or the police
I'm happy to take losses in the name of good rp, but 'sorry officer', a quick handover and a 60k ticket isn't more novel or interesting than any story I can whip up. Cops don't lose anything by allowing a bank job to happen when met with decent rp. 

Just yesterday 6 or 7 of us attempted a hostage situation with a captured PC. We weren't expecting a hunter full of carrier rigs, just wanted an interesting negotiation. Instead, about 30 seconds after having captured the officer and put him into a van, the police decide to use Russian hostage negotiation tactics by spraying into the van with a hostage inside with an NPAS benchie. We grouped up at a building, only to get lit up by potshots from 1km away by Jaegern with a Mk1. It is very, very difficult to do any form of hostile rp with the police, at least in my experience, and sadly it's just easier to shoot them all.

Yes I'm sure you get it just as bad from rebels, but I'm convinced that police rp is the causal factor. If being caught by cops meant a couple minutes trying to wriggle out through quick storytelling rather than a 30 second bangarang followed by bleeding out or 20 minutes staring at a wall, I'd be much friendlier to the sight of the boys in blue. Police should lead by example, and instead DCC Shepherd initiates on poseidon by driving prowlers and hatchies around south checkpoint for literally 5 straight minutes, until poseidon spray tires and a dozen cops pop off from the bushes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lets set a trend to not run away when someone walks up to you. lets say hello instead of hands up. lets change this situation, make the word fragger boy extinct.

In the end we have nothing to prove to anyone, so why not have some unique encounters with all sorts of people 

Just to reply to yourself @Aethon What you have said I can 100% agree with it is very shittie to just want to have an RP situation but instead it turns into a gunfight that goes on for 30 mins or longer but sadly this is the way most cops will react to situations nowadays. Without trying to sound like a broken record player this can be attributed to both sides Police Posidon, and Rebels/Civs. What I mean by this is yes the cops that can't stand losing should learn to in a sense take the "L" weather it is gunfights or in RP they should know when enough is enough. But at the same time, others such as Posidon should also learn how to bite there tongue in certain situations for example if they have their guns out and a cop asks nicely for them just to put them away and they reply no. Now, of course, nobody likes to be told "what to do" and in the case of a cop they don't like being told "no" this isn't the ideal situations as it then can escalate into something that can/could easily be avoided. But you see this is the question of what side is in the right. the cop or Posidon? is the cop in the wrong for doing his job or is the Cartel member in the wrong for not complying with a small yet simple request. As you see for the cop you are dammed if you do and dammed if you don't.

As CSI Nomad said one cop being an utter CUNT to someone can cause an utter hatred and resentment to that side in the case of Rice Krispy. He received absolute no RP and got a 20 min prison sentence for being in the cartel. This made him grow a resentment to the cops and im sure that he isn't the only one. 

Now someone like me. I at one point and to some extent loathe the cartel as a faction I have grown a huge dislike to it due to many crap situations I have had. But those situations may have been because the member of the cartel just grew a hatred towards cops. and the same of course goes for Rebels/Civs 

Also as what @Felix - Yello was saying I have been in the police for exactly 539 days(Voulinterally) now within those 539 days, I have had so many people at gas stations, Banks etc use the same bland excuses day to day. "Im here to fix the alarm" or "O I hit the alarm by accident" and many more out of those i have always maintained a level of fairness such as I shall challenge you and if im satisfied then you may take the money if not depending I may reward them with the odd 100-200k just for RPing and putting the time in. I don't want to ruin the experience of newcomers but at the same time just because their friend told them if you say this or do that you'll make easy money. I don't expect to be given a majestic all thought out 100% foolproof document on a plumbing company but it is nice to see an effort has gone in such as people wearing boiler suits with hard hats instead of a hobo in sandals with a starter pistol staring at the counter.

Also, I don't want to sound like a wanker when I say this but if a cop gives you shit RP just think what have you given them. If your playing the role of a prick in RP then you won't be treated in the best way in RP .And if you feel more could have been provided on the cops side have a chat in the liason

(this does seem like I am hating on the Cartel but I could give loads more examples using civs and rebels)

I agree with you. I've logged to the server a number of times in the past 6 months and the and I was greeted with initiations left and right, could barely find people to role-play with and I find that upsetting, considering this is a role-play server... a community called "roleplay.co.uk", though, little to no role-play is what we get while playing.

thing is, you can't do anything about it, big gangs will always have more power and will use it against weaker groups or individuals.

big gangs will always have more power and will use it against weaker groups or individuals.
There haven't really been any big gangs recently, everyone who did play rebel and do that kind of thing is banned or in a white listed faction.

Like recently I logged on for the first time in a while and spawned in at airport after like a month and a bit and get ripped out of a vehicle by cops with nothing being said and next thing you know I'm in a frag montage of some NCA bot. Bit boring tbh don't mind being ripped, but after spawning in at airport after a month and seeing cops wanting to grab my gun immediately it becomes a bit repetitive and a waste of time. 

• Haha
Reactions: Ji
IMO The roleplay mentality that existed in 2014-16 has deteriorated over time. Many interactions I have had with police and various rebel groups, I believe, would have been frowned upon or punished for poor RP in the earlier years of the community. I reckon the only reason it's okay now is because it's so commonplace and has become the standard. Whilst I have every respect for this community, it's no longer the champion of RP that it used to be. It would be very wholesome to see a community-wide effort to shift attitudes back toward interesting roleplay. 

Fix the boredom = fix the shit RP.

Until big changes happen then things will stay the same until everyone gives up here. Stop nerfing and ruining the fun on the server and let us just have what we suggest and vote for.

IMO The roleplay mentality that existed in 2014-16 has deteriorated over time.
There haven't really been any big gangs recently, everyone who did play rebel and do that kind of thing is banned or in a white listed faction.
Could not agree more. Although things weren't always perfect during 2014-16, that time was without a doubt the prime of this server in terms of the quality of roleplay, the gang culture we had (with the various rivalries and dramas, like TI and TKC), the attitude of the police (they've always taken themselves a little too seriously for my personal taste, but they were at their best in 2015-16), etc, etc. Unfortunately, the vast majority of people that made that time were either caught in a blanket ban, left the server in protest, or just got bored of Arma altogether. I think we took for granted how good we had it with the amount of amazing roleplayers we had at the time, and without meaning to sound dramatic I don't think we ever recovered from that crazy period when TI got blanket banned and other long standing members were either banned or pushed out of the community. Everyone used to bitch about TI but compared to most of the gangs we've seen since, they were class. 

If your a big gang OWN IT. That doesnt mean everyone needs to die, people are aware your numbers are dangerous and most with propper roleplay will submit.
Honestly THIS. People are coming up with any reason to execute you now. I was executed yesterday for being "friends with people who raided Blackouts gang base". I've been executed for refusing to stop to Rebels after not realizing I was being chased and put did everything they asked of me. I've been executed because the the NHS came to revive me. Point being people don't want to execute for real reasons anymore. They want to ruin peoples days. Like my 1st Huron I got robbed of it, and before they executed me they said "btw we've only jacked your Heli so we can put Cocaine in it and get the Police to scrap it" then they executed me. People are just out to destroy the people that can't defend themselves when its 1 vs 12. I've had friends who I know irl who wanted to play, they like the server, get executed by some asshole within 1 hour of gameplay for some bullshit reason and make them start from scratch again. Big Rebel gangs are ruining the server, tone it down a bit guys. As much as I have a bias opinion, Requiem have got most things perfect. Hobos, we never execute, we take their car/gun or cash, not car/gun AND cash so they haven't lost everything, and chances are we ask if they wish to join us so they're not alone in the future and can actually whole server and not just the parts you can solo. We only execute people who are our enemies and know they are, if we rob someones run we'll give them like 10% of the profits so they don't completely lose out. Things like that mean we don't put off new players, we're fair to those who play fair with us, and it means we're not complete assholes.

Honestly THIS. People are coming up with any reason to execute you now. I was executed yesterday for being "friends with people who raided Blackouts gang base". I've been executed for refusing to stop to Rebels after not realizing I was being chased and put did everything they asked of me. I've been executed because the the NHS came to revive me. Point being people don't want to execute for real reasons anymore. They want to ruin peoples days. Like my 1st Huron I got robbed of it, and before they executed me they said "btw we've only jacked your Heli so we can put Cocaine in it and get the Police to scrap it" then they executed me. People are just out to destroy the people that can't defend themselves when its 1 vs 12. I've had friends who I know irl who wanted to play, they like the server, get executed by some asshole within 1 hour of gameplay for some bullshit reason and make them start from scratch again. Big Rebel gangs are ruining the server, tone it down a bit guys. As much as I have a bias opinion, Requiem have got most things perfect. Hobos, we never execute, we take their car/gun or cash, not car/gun AND cash so they haven't lost everything, and chances are we ask if they wish to join us so they're not alone in the future and can actually whole server and not just the parts you can solo. We only execute people who are our enemies and know they are, if we rob someones run we'll give them like 10% of the profits so they don't completely lose out. Things like that mean we don't put off new players, we're fair to those who play fair with us, and it means we're not complete assholes.
These complaints about 'big rebel gangs' seem to be about blackout, a literal hobo gang comprised of BTEC rebels who shoot anything that moves and get squad wiped whenever they encounter armed resistance. These type of gangs will always exist, but the problem is self correcting, as they either change their behaviour or leave out of frustration of constantly being killed - if they don't get banned first. Nerfing 'rebels' won't help when rebels are the only ones dealing with them.

Also, the fuck you robbing hobos for man? The only hobos I ever harm are the mouthy ones, we've all been there once and there's no need to ruin their day if they're not hurting you. 

These complaints about 'big rebel gangs' seem to be about blackout, a literal hobo gang comprised of BTEC rebels who shoot anything that moves and get squad wiped whenever they encounter armed resistance. These type of gangs will always exist, but the problem is self correcting, as they either change their behaviour or leave out of frustration of constantly being killed - if they don't get banned first. Nerfing 'rebels' won't help when rebels are the only ones dealing with them.

Also, the fuck you robbing hobos for man? The only hobos I ever harm are the mouthy ones, we've all been there once and there's no need to ruin their day if they're not hurting you. 
I'm talking about all big Rebel Gangs. Blackout, Ganja, KLR etc. All of them. And I don't want Rebels nerfed at all, I want them fixed.

And I rob Hobos because eh, why not? I just have morals doing it

idk why you're personally attacking us lmao, if we offended you or something tell us but if you think about the term 'rebel' its someone who isn't exactly gonna help out other hobos and be friendly with people, we also rarely rob hobos unless like you said they're being pricks or they are doing diamonds, about the 'armed resistance' we've lost about 3 gunfights throughout the entire week and 2 of them we were completely outnumbered, you're getting rude just because we killed you or some shit and i really don't see the point in trynna start beef so if you have a personal problem idrc because its only on your side, its in the nature of a 'rebel' to do what you listen so toughen up and deal with it or dont go around getting into gunfights with them 

I think half of the problem is respect. Nobody respects anyone in whatever faction they are in. I realised this a few months ago where Gorgel B came in the server for the first time in months. H3 was talking to police at a gas station and i landed my heli on the roof and got out with a gun. Now to me at that point i didnt think nothing of it then gorgel went fuckin nuts. "Why did you have a gun out put that in your heli" and it made me think ooh shit. Its things like that, police should be regarded with the highest respect on the server as they "have a job too do" and i do actually think they have the most "roleplayers" on rpuk. Ofcourse they have thr people that just cause shit but in gangs and poseidon everyone wants to cause shit. Police for the most part should be reactive and if you give them a reason to react, they should. 

Rebels and poseidon are fucked in terms of roleplay and i can say this because i am including myself in there also. Yes there are reason, boredom, showing how big there balls are all that jazz. 

Half the poseidon and rebels moaning about shit roleplay are causing it themselves. 

The clocks will never go back too 2016 the only thing as players we can do is change ourselves and be creative. 

The winning mentality is fucking everything up and just pissing people off, if it carries on nobody will log on. Yes im talking about you Ganja Nation/SOS/whateverother gangs ally with eachother to fight 7 cops with mk20s and are too scared to fight Finale but choose to go start on the cops that actually are here to roleplay with people. 

Everyone sort ya shit out.. me included

I think half of the problem is respect. Nobody respects anyone in whatever faction they are in. I realised this a few months ago where Gorgel B came in the server for the first time in months. H3 was talking to police at a gas station and i landed my heli on the roof and got out with a gun. Now to me at that point i didnt think nothing of it then gorgel went fuckin nuts. "Why did you have a gun out put that in your heli" and it made me think ooh shit. Its things like that, police should be regarded with the highest respect on the server as they "have a job too do" and i do actually think they have the most "roleplayers" on rpuk. Ofcourse they have thr people that just cause shit but in gangs and poseidon everyone wants to cause shit. Police for the most part should be reactive and if you give them a reason to react, they should. 

Rebels and poseidon are fucked in terms of roleplay and i can say this because i am including myself in there also. Yes there are reason, boredom, showing how big there balls are all that jazz. 

Half the poseidon and rebels moaning about shit roleplay are causing it themselves. 

The clocks will never go back too 2016 the only thing as players we can do is change ourselves and be creative. 

The winning mentality is fucking everything up and just pissing people off, if it carries on nobody will log on. Yes im talking about you Ganja Nation/SOS/whateverother gangs ally with eachother to fight 7 cops with mk20s and are too scared to fight Finale but choose to go start on the cops that actually are here to roleplay with people. 

Everyone sort ya shit out.. me included
Realistically we're just bored, we did an HM earlier with about 8 of us against 17 cops only to get pushed and then have poseidon finish the cops, take all the gold, and wig us when we went to trader. Also we did fight finale on friday, was pretty even numbers too. Like you said the server's not what it used to be, if we're not all rolling around together against the cops/poseidon (and the mounds of hobo gangs RDMing constantly) we're just going to get fucked every time. We're not initiating on random cops, we do banks, ar caches etc. and if the cops respond that's on them. There's no point logging on if I'm just going to get yeeted by two factions and 12 hobo rebels every time I come on.

• Facepalm
Reactions: Ji
we did an HM earlier with about 8 of us against 17 cops only to get pushed and then have poseidon finish the cops, take all the gold, and wig us when we went to trader
You failed the HM so we started one as soon as it was locked up and over, I don’t see the problem there. Why would you not be killed at trader? That would be completely our gold. It’s not like you’d be given the gold by Poseidon because you failed in holding the HM.

Right, I spent small amount of time reading very first page of this Topic. "About Quality of Roleplay" First off no one take offence. For a very long time, years ago when my internet wasn't shitty, I use to Roleplay as NHS, Police and Rebel at some points. Got a slice of pie for almost majority of the Altis life. How I see it from here to till now, Roleplay is still there but rather rushed or poorly put together sometimes. Now next part is dodgy cause everyone will justify. Police and Rebels ALWAYS and will always want to power play each other for a sign of dominance and money of course. Almost any community will have groups to gain just money and rush things in order to grind (Not pointed at anyone). But now days its about having alpha title over a server or scoreboards. Now I could share a concern in general, Back when UNMC was added gun fights rammed up and so did the toxicity. Wasn't like that all the time but I saw the and listened. But if you guys want rewards and or good roleplay, gotta stop giving up. It really shows as well and will prove a rightful point. But talking here on a debate or novels wont fix any of this, gotta get in-game and show peeps that their is more to Altis life than shooting and robbing. Yall need to get out of the box and quit saying I need perms or its too complex. Working as a Team or brain storming weird ideas can make for a good mix. But unless you want something good, you gotta work for it or earn it. Hand outs, rushing or over thinking or just wanting to win will just ruin it in the end. No one has to win to enjoy a benefit or reward. Hell I might do a mass murder who takes people out to a shed after kidnapping and murder them  with roleplay of course. See you can make it fun or horrifying in that case. But its up to you in the end what you want for a experience and or they.

Back