What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

EU Referendum Poll

Are you in or out?

• Leave

Votes: 69 39.0%
  • Remain

Votes: 108 61.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm out but unfortunately seems people want to stay in.

Love the reaction of the crowd at this BBC debate.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I feel this sums things up pretty well

Polls currently show a lead for leave over stay

Agreed @JC Denton- I've lived in Germany and Poland for 4 years. Most workers in studios there don't hold EU passports, even as an EU passport holder you still have to go through all the paperwork to get registered for tax and council - same place, same building... all go to though the tax and visa offices whether you're EU nat or not. There will be no problems at all hiring or getting visas, many instances they'll hire you and you'll get a temp visa until your proper visa arrives so you can work asap... easy. Companies want the best, they'll get them and governments will support them. It's more TAX!. But that's just the small talk of it all, Leaving the EU has BIGGER reasons than trade and travel.
What are these "bigger issues" then? Immigration? You can't just say it's "bigger issues"...

You just missed my point entirely, that is not democracy. The UK has problems with democracy that many people decry, see my point about House of Lords. The EU has the only Parliament in the world which does not act as a parliament, why? The true power lies in the unelected commision. Just because the government appoints them doesn't mean they aren't unelected, the power they have is ridiculous. Taxation without representation IS NOT DEMOCRACY, and never will be. They are taking OUR MONEY, they are representing OUR FAMILIES and we have NO SAY OR INPUT onto who represents us and puts forward our laws. 

Britain is one of the largest economies in the world, London is the economic capital of Europe and the most populous city. All of this was true after the EU, during the EU and the inevitable collapse of the EU. Saying that Europe would stop trading with us is ridiculous, in fact the head of the BDI, which represents German industry, has said that his organisation will press politicians in Europe hard to make sure businesses in the UK and the EU retain full, equal access to each other's markets after Lexit. Why? Because losing one of your biggest trading partners would be disastrous for any European nation. The UK would, could and maybe should start looking east to China or to South America, being able to negotiate favourable deals. Instead we have to factor in lagging economies like Italy or Spain and their mass unemployment problems, as well as the emerging economies of the EU because the EU is the total package.

A travel visa for the entire schengen zone is about 40 euros. For a minimum of 30 days. And is not hard to obtain. I had to get a work visa for Australia too, but it didn't stop me going there to work - nor does it stop Australians who account for 20% of immigration to the UK. Australia, if you recall, is one of the most prosperous nations on the planet that avoided the recession completely because they value their sovereignty, borders and economy.

I lived in Italy and Spain for a year. It was just as much of a ballache paperwork wise as it would've been without the EU; the only difference is that my employer didn't have to pay 50 euros for a working visa that I would've easily qualified for anyway as a skilled worker. 

But hey! You hear that plebeians? Cheaper holidays and cheaper mobile networks! Surely worth the price of sovereignty, democracy and right to self determination.....
I think you are the one msising the point. Do you vote exactly who becomes the Minister of Defence? Minister of Foreign Affairs? No, you vote for a party and then they appoint who should go where. just as they do with the European Council.

And yes, it is one of the largest economies. but even if you leave the EU, you would still have to abide by EU-regulations when trading. that would not change. And you would have absolutely no say in how they are made. 

And even if it costs you some money helping other nations.. isn't it very egotistical not to do that? Does that not in fact make you a bad person? Not wanting to help others? Just so you can eat meat 7 days a week?

Full disclaimer: Im a little drunk, but I did try to make as much sense as possible.

@BratJaggesVlnd.. My opinion on the bigger reason will remain off the forum, I can PM you it if you're REALLY interested.

And.... The U.K. Is out..
And by a very small margin too... A large number of people (myself included) will be annoyed by that. It is only a small percentage that tipped it over to leave.

But I suppose it won't be an instant thing! It will take years to fully do

Last edited by a moderator:
Well that's it. 51.9% said leave. 

Goodbye EU, was this for the better. Only time will tell

Not much will change, the UK is one of the worlds biggest economies, do people seriously think that the worlds 5th largest economy will collapse.
39d8abdcdeee816a4e1f0ce2aaf9d72a.png

Turns out you were wrong! The value of the pound is at its lowest since 1985... That graph alone makes me want to leave the country. Just because we're the 5th biggest economy doesn't mean we cannot fail, 2009 is a great example of that.

Just gone and read that the pound has hit it's lowest level since 1985......

Y gon n fucked it up England

The fact that over 75% of young people and academics voted to remain is depressing. It will be us running the country in 20 to 30 years, what right do you have to have crippled our future like this?

Ah well. It takes at least two years to leave, by then Il have finished my degree and gone abroad into the continent where post graduate STEM funding still exists.

Oh and RIP any chance of going on holiday with these exchange rates ?

Don't you just love it when we loose our seat on the world's biggest physics research project because it's the EU and not Britain who has a seat on the council..

The fact that over 75% of young people and academics voted to remain is depressing. It will be us running the country in 20 to 30 years, what right do you have to have crippled our future like this?

Ah well. It takes at least two years to leave, by then Il have finished my degree and gone abroad into the continent where post graduate STEM funding still exists.

Don't you just love it when we loose our seat on the world's biggest physics research project because it's the EU and not Britain who has a seat on the council..
Well I'm currently 15 and wasn't able to vote in the election, I would of voted remain if I could of. But I was supposedly going to go to Uni in Germany in the future as the chance of me staying in Britain would of been very small..... Guess I'm fucked then

People are voting for their children and their children's children, they have every right.

Regardless of the fact the UK has the 5'th biggest economy in the world, the pound dropped, and will probably still drop a little further. The size of your economy does not provide your currency immunity from crashing. Exchange rates are not factored by economy size and strength lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back