What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

EU Referendum Poll

Are you in or out?

• Leave

Votes: 69 39.0%
  • Remain

Votes: 108 61.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
EU is a failed project.

Voting leave

These are the opinions of myself and it does not reflect Roleplay UK which remains neutral 
Hahaha that is nice to hear, I already thought if UK would leave Europe in real life, then I needed to drive on the opposite side of the road what is for you guys normal ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
The pound dropping was an inevitability. People seem to be pointing this out like it wasn't expected by people who voted Leave.

39d8abdcdeee816a4e1f0ce2aaf9d72a.png

Turns out you were wrong! The value of the pound is at its lowest since 1985... That graph alone makes me want to leave the country. Just because we're the 5th biggest economy doesn't mean we cannot fail, 2009 is a great example of that.
A drop in the value of the pound is not a collapse

People are voting for their children and their children's children, they have every right.
This is the problem. My parents' generation do not share the same international, cooperative world view that my generation does. I'm honestly ashamed to be from the West Midlands right now where we voted strongly to leave.

Everyone has the right to vote, but don't you dare try and justify it by saying "we are voting for the younger generation". We are more that capable of deciding what is best for us ourselves and today we stood united across the country to show the world that we want to remain in the EU.

Let's suppose you are right. And that this vote was done to help us younger folk in the long run. Please, provide me with evidence, real, statistical evidence that leaving the EU will benefit me, a physics student, who wishes nothing more than to help make the world and Britain a better place through research. Because I can bet my life savings that it won't.

This is the problem. My parents' generation do not share the same international, cooperative world view that my generation does. I'm honestly ashamed to be from the West Midlands right now where we voted strongly to leave.

Everyone has the right to vote, but don't you dare try and justify it by saying "we are voting for the younger generation". We are more that capable of deciding what is best for us ourselves and today we stood united across the country to show the world that we want to remain in the EU.

Let's suppose you are right. And that this vote was done to help us younger folk in the long run. Please, provide me with evidence, real, statistical evidence that leaving the EU will benefit me, a physics student, who wishes nothing more than to help make the world and Britain a better place through research. Because I can bet my life savings that it won't.
I am in my 20s and voting for the future as well. Just like anyone older who remembers a time before neoliberalism. You are not voting for an international, cooperative world - you are voting for globalism and handing power over to people who have no oversight and their actions have very little transparency. I am sure that people in their 30s, 40s and 50s who actually remember a time before the Euro and EU are more than qualified to hold an opinion than 18 year olds who haven't even held a job, partly because there are none anymore and everyone has to go to university or get lucky.

I am in my 20s and voting for the future as well. Just like anyone older who remembers a time before neoliberalism. You are not voting for an international, cooperative world - you are voting for globalism and handing power over to people who have no oversight and their actions have very little transparency. I am sure that people in their 30s, 40s and 50s who actually remember a time before the Euro and EU are more than qualified to hold an opinion than 18 year olds who haven't even held a job, partly because there are none anymore and everyone has to go to university or get lucky.
Good job I'm not 18 and have held a job then isn't it. I'm going to get annoyed and don't want to turn this into a heated argument, so I'll agree to disagree and leave it at that, let's get back to the game

Good job I'm not 18 and have held a job then isn't it. I'm going to get annoyed and don't want to turn this into a heated argument, so I'll agree to disagree and leave it at that, let's get back to the game
That's good for you mate, but youth unemployment is rife throughout the EU and the UK with many in academia well into their 20s. The most prosperous nations in Europe are the non-EU states!

That's good for you mate, but youth unemployment is rife throughout the EU and the UK with many in academia well into their 20s. The most prosperous nations in Europe are the non-EU states!
Do you know why that is? The most prosperous nation is Norway, who has a lot of something called oil. And you know the third and fifth most prosperous countries, Denmark and Sweden are both EU countries. Once again, I must ask you for some facts that you might be able to provide, because so far you have made a lot of statements based on nothing really, or your own supposed experience. And that makes it hard for me to respond with any factual arguments since you bring the debate down to a level where its basically just a "i think this you think that".

Look at the first thing Farage did when the Brexit went through. He went back on the promise that he would give all the money Britain gave to EU to NHS. Because he probably realised that having international relations and maintaing partnerships costs a heck of alot of money.

And how will the unemployment rate be any better because you are not in the EU? Is there any actual plans that doesn't involve populistic "we take the money from the greedy bureaucrats and give it to the hard-working british", or "we close our borders because we are afraid of the new and unknown"?

Do you know why that is? The most prosperous nation is Norway, who has a lot of something called oil. And you know the third and fifth most prosperous countries, Denmark and Sweden are both EU countries. Once again, I must ask you for some facts that you might be able to provide, because so far you have made a lot of statements based on nothing really, or your own supposed experience. And that makes it hard for me to respond with any factual arguments since you bring the debate down to a level where its basically just a "i think this you think that".

Look at the first thing Farage did when the Brexit went through. He went back on the promise that he would give all the money Britain gave to EU to NHS. Because he probably realised that having international relations and maintaing partnerships costs a heck of alot of money.

And how will the unemployment rate be any better because you are not in the EU? Is there any actual plans that doesn't involve populistic "we take the money from the greedy bureaucrats and give it to the hard-working british", or "we close our borders because we are afraid of the new and unknown"?
True in some points but we will close our borders to prevent people non British citizens taking our houses / jobs and terrorists blowing us up and EU countries have not been doing a pretty good job so far protecting their citizens from terrorism because of free borders. 

Also now leaving the EU we have got house prices that dropping which is good because we the british citizens born on the island will be able to afford a house.   

My opinion : You guys while have a weird and difficult period ahead of you guys.I hope for the best that you guys while not get revenged trough trading deals that arn't in favour for you guys but you have to prepare for those. And it is indeed more annoying for the younger generations bcs they will have to carry these consequences for a longer time. To evryone saying this is dicrimination : yes elders have lived in Brittain wihout it being in EU but keep in mind who is the future of your land.They should be able to speak out about this. 

The second most prosperous is Switzerland. 

prevent people non British citizens taking our houses / jobs
People like you make my blood boil at the sheer ignorance exhibited with your small minded, racist opinion. 

Whether we are in the EU or not, we live in an increasingly globalised world. Job competitiveness exists moreso than ever. 

It is the fault of the British education system who has brought up an unskilled, disinterested blue collar generation who cannot compete with other countries on a global platform. I've worked in council estates, where UK nationals make it a lifestyle to abuse the welfare state. Where there is 0 motivation to better themselves, they are lazy, uneducated and complacent. These are the same people who would complain about how immigration makes their lives shit. No - they make their own lives shit. Regardless of whether immigration takes place so someone can clean toilets, or a doctor comes here to work for the NHS, it's people like you that belittle and simplify the issue with your idiotic comments. 

I actually wrote a bible passage but I have deleted it and will summarize with my personal view of your opinion as the son of immigrants:

Immigrants are a net benefit to this country and I am proud to call myself the son of immigrants. I am grateful to be able to live here and be able to all it my home. But when you effectively tell me my parents came here to take your jobs and your houses, it makes me want to punch you in the face.

So long as immigrants are able to get jobs legally, pay their tax, and contribute here, why should they not have a right to make the UK their home?

My parents came here for a better standard of living, they have integrated here. They have contributed to this country and to society. They are proud of this country, and I would fight for this country which we all consider our home. What more do you want to ask of us?

/rant over and for the love of God educate yourself.

People like you make my blood boil at the sheer ignorance exhibited with your small minded, racist opinion. 

Whether we are in the EU or not, we live in an increasingly globalised world. Job competitiveness exists moreso than ever. 

It is the fault of the British education system who has brought up an unskilled, disinterested blue collar generation who cannot compete with other countries on a global platform. I've worked in council estates, where UK nationals make it a lifestyle to abuse the welfare state. Where there is 0 motivation to better themselves, they are lazy, uneducated and complacent. These are the same people who would complain about how immigration makes their lives shit. No - they make their own lives shit. Regardless of whether immigration takes place so someone can clean toilets, or a doctor comes here to work for the NHS, it's people like you that belittle and simplify the issue with your idiotic comments. 

I actually wrote a bible passage but I have deleted it and will summarize with my personal view of your opinion as the son of immigrants:

Immigrants are a net benefit to this country and I am proud to call myself the son of immigrants. I am grateful to be able to live here and be able to all it my home. But when you effectively tell me my parents came here to take your jobs and your houses, it makes me want to punch you in the face.

So long as immigrants are able to get jobs legally, pay their tax, and contribute here, why should they not have a right to make the UK their home?

My parents came here for a better standard of living, they have integrated here. They have contributed to this country and to society. They are proud of this country, and I would fight for this country which we all consider our home. What more do you want to ask of us?

/rant over and for the love of God educate yourself.

Sorry but where I live you got houses bought up by immigrants and they hike up the prices for rent and if you do not pay they throw you out on the street majority of those out on the street are english.  They also have gangs out at night causing fights because we are not to their custom and to top it off my sister was badly assaulted because she was blond and tarted herself up for a party.   

Maybe where you live it is all good and peaceful but others in the country is destitute . 

So I am sorry if I offended you I will reword it there is majority of honest working immigrants but there those that are here for nefarious reasons  and the latter is strong where I settle. 

Anyway the vote is out.  I hope when we get our borders back we weed out those that come here to corrupt the country with vile lies and hate against our country. 

Sorry but where I live you got houses bought up by immigrants and they hike up the prices for rent and if you do not pay they throw you out on the street majority of those out on the street are english.  They also have gangs out at night causing fights because we are not to their custom.    My sister was also assaulted and badly hurt.  

So I am sorry if I offended you I will reword it there is majority of honest working immigrants but there those that are here for nefarious reasons  and the latter is strong where I settle. 
It goes both ways though mate, I've been jumped numerous times by gangs of chavs who frequent the estates around where I live. To say all gangs out there at night are immigrants is simply not true.

I voted leave, incidentally, but I'm pro immigration. I think it's important to remember that immigration will not stop just because we've left the EU. It just means we'll have our own say over our immigration policy, we'll get to decide who comes in based on what they can contribute to our society and we will not be forced to simply let EU migrants through the door automatically just because they're from an EU country.

The way I see it, this will give people outside the EU a fair crack at getting in, which I personally don't see as a bad thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back