What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Gang Revamp

Liam

Unlinked
I'll split these into sections and detail which I'd reckon would be good for the balance and immersion of the server.

1. Gang Recruitment

Civilians on the server shouldn't be purely recruited into a gang based on their graft skills, fragging skills and or how much money they have. This is a roleplay server, the gangs should be meeting with potential candidates to join their gang, vetting them, making sure that they aren't an idiot fresh out of the Caravan at Sandy Shores.

Gangs should be recruiting based on their RP ability, NOTHING ELSE.

1b. RP Ability

As I said above, gangs should recruit people based on their RP Ability nothing else. I'm sure majority of us are sick to death of the people who have been here in the past and still currently are for gunfights with minimal RP. Implementing a server rule that circumvent current gangs and upcoming gangs recruiting people based on any skills other than RP, would certainly increase the roleplay within these gangs and the RP you get from interactions with these gangs.

1c. Personality

The whitelisted gang leaders should be vetting those that are being let into the gang, gang leads and their seniors should be vetting these individuals to see if their fit to join the gang that has a lot of privileges. It is fairly easy to determine if someone is fit for a gang or not, the amount of times I've witnessed some of the "hobos" or "baldies" up in pillbox that are constantly doing quite questionable things. 

2. Gang Wars

Gang wars should be brought up after weeks to months of RP, not just "GANG A" called you an idiot on Tweedle then you're at war the next day. Yous can do drive bys on their turf, tag their turf without it blasting out into a whole aids war that's constantly KOS on each others turfs, again ITS A ROLEPLAY SERVER! Create some interesting scenarios, watch some gang banger films and take inspiration or some shit.

You shouldn't be able to ally with another gang whilst you're at war for whatever circumstance.

You shouldn't be able to ally with another gang when you hated their guts and were slaughtering them 2 weeks before unless something significant has changed such as; new leadership.

Gang alliances for wars, shooting police, gruppe6, because a gang robbed one of your mates that weren't in colours shouldn't be a thing.

Gang wars should be fought on foot, not in cars unless its an armoured car. (Could bring back first person whilst trying to shooting).

Gang war rules need to be punishable unless significant amount of RP has been created to break them as too many people break these war rules for whatever reason which leads to false cases of RDM then use the excuse 'Its a war rule, not a server rule."

agree with all of the above. 

Gangs need to re-find their purposes, their lore, their unique attributes that set them apart from other gangs. At the moment the vast majority gangs feel the same, and all act the exact same way. 

Bring back some individuality, separate yourselves from the others. 

The fact gangs have been taking things such as how many guns someone has, or how good a shot they are into consideration when recruiting is an issue that needs to be crushed as quickly as possible. It’s a roleplay server. People should be recruited into gangs based on their loyalty, character personality, people vouching for them. Not as a tool thay may help you win your weekly pseudo war against whatever gang has annoyed you this week. 

We need characters in these gangs. Not people just using their gang as an excuse to come online for a gunfight. We need interesting scenarios, long running RP. Hasn’t been any of that for a good while, and it’s a Shame. 

Going to war should be a significant decision, built up over weeks/months, and lasting for a similar length of time  the notion that two “warring” gangs can put that war to the side to fight another party is fucking ludicrous  Your enemies are your enemies, and barring a massive incident/storyline change, should remain so  

Gang relations are fickle. They mean nothing  Fill gangs with RPers, not fraggers  Gang leaders need to be held accountable for their groups actions  if they aren’t singing from the same hymn sheet as the rest of the community then get rid of them, kill their character, and give someone else a chance  People are complacent when they think they’re untouchable  

i want gangs to be good. I want to have immersive, creative RP scenarios with them. Not the copy and paste scenarios we get all the time these days. Gangs, sort it out, thanks x

When you see gangs posting frag montages on the forums just shows how bad the state of gangs are right now.

In my eyes it has not been for the RP in a long time. 

Massive +1

I agree with alot of this, so many gangs now recruit on people's ability to shoot which just leads to dog shit RP.

However I feel like gangs right now there's isn't much else to do in them apart from get come or have a fight/war. I'd love for gangs to be able to provide different items/services to the criminal underbelly of the city. And not just one gang supplies something have it so there are 2 gangs that can supply something to create some competition which grants more RP possibility.

It really comes down to the fact that there is nothing to do on the server but shoot. And it's really such a shame.

Gang alliances should not be a thing either unless you are leading yourself into something like the coalition where you really become one gang and stay within the member limit. Being an ally one day and an enemy the next then best friends again, changing gang colours, gang hoping all make 0 sense.

I feel like you should also not be allowed to join another f6 for certain amount of days after leaving one to prevent gang hopers/fillins.

In terms of war, I agree so much stupid wars happen in the city over nothing. It actually bugs me a little how aids the Coalition/Vagos war has become because it had real RP reasons that actually had weeks of build up. Months if you consider the full backstory.

agree with all of the above. 

Gangs need to re-find their purposes, their lore, their unique attributes that set them apart from other gangs. At the moment the vast majority gangs feel the same, and all act the exact same way. 

Bring back some individuality, separate yourselves from the others. 

The fact gangs have been taking things such as how many guns someone has, or how good a shot they are into consideration when recruiting is an issue that needs to be crushed as quickly as possible. It’s a roleplay server. People should be recruited into gangs based on their loyalty, character personality, people vouching for them. Not as a tool thay may help you win your weekly pseudo war against whatever gang has annoyed you this week. 

We need characters in these gangs. Not people just using their gang as an excuse to come online for a gunfight. We need interesting scenarios, long running RP. Hasn’t been any of that for a good while, and it’s a Shame. 

Going to war should be a significant decision, built up over weeks/months, and lasting for a similar length of time  the notion that two “warring” gangs can put that war to the side to fight another party is fucking ludicrous  Your enemies are your enemies, and barring a massive incident/storyline change, should remain so  

Gang relations are fickle. They mean nothing  Fill gangs with RPers, not fraggers  Gang leaders need to be held accountable for their groups actions  if they aren’t singing from the same hymn sheet as the rest of the community then get rid of them, kill their character, and give someone else a chance  People are complacent when they think they’re untouchable  

i want gangs to be good. I want to have immersive, creative RP scenarios with them. Not the copy and paste scenarios we get all the time these days. Gangs, sort it out, thanks x
What you said is nothing new, I think Raj explained things quite well, right now gangs have nothing that only them can bring every gang is the exact some there is nothing diffrent between them.

What annoys me more is you saying gangs have no RPers yet its a bit impossible for the RPers to RP if they are constantly being forced into wars isnt it ... this is why i find it better for people to get a taste of gang life first and give opinions after.

Gang wars should be brought up after weeks to months of RP, not just "GANG A" called you an idiot on Tweedle then you're at war the next day. Yous can do drive bys on their turf, tag their turf without it blasting out into a whole aids war that's constantly KOS on each others turfs, again ITS A ROLEPLAY SERVER! Create some interesting scenarios, watch some gang banger films and take inspiration or some shit.
I also agree with this there is certain gangs that start stupid conflicts for something really small like a middle finger and the gang on the receiving end as no other option but to protect themselves if you ask me that shouldnt be a war but again one gang wants a war the other one is being forced into one so what option does the one not wanting a war have,  you are putting every gang in the same bag surely not all do the same maybe you should give gang life ago and see whats the issue.

I understand people frusturations with wars, but i am pretty sure no one in a gang agreed with the current "war" state its the fact that there is nothing else thay gangs can do besides what every other gang does.

If the wars are meant to happen more rarely there needs to be something that only a certain gang can being to the table and if thats the case people think twice about starting wars.

(For me to start this conversation will just start like this imagine you in cops, and there is only 1 department in the entire police force which is frontline for example you will get bored quickly considering its gonna be all the same with little progress.)

This goes to the same post that keneth posted gangs need something that only them can do and i mean each one individually and not everyone being the exact carbon copy of each other.

Last edited by a moderator:
1b. RP Ability

As I said above, gangs should recruit people based on their RP Ability nothing else. I'm sure majority of us are sick to death of the people who have been here in the past and still currently are for gunfights with minimal RP. Implementing a server rule that circumvent current gangs and upcoming gangs recruiting people based on any skills other than RP, would certainly increase the roleplay within these gangs and the RP you get from interactions with these gangs.
- completely agree, as you say it’s a rp server and isn’t always about winning, but also making losing as enjoyable for everyone as you can. Let’s try make some interesting Rp for all parties without letting emotions and ego get involved! 

ITS A ROLEPLAY SERVER! Create some interesting scenarios, watch some gang banger films and take inspiration or some shit.
- I genuinely feel this is a great point haha, see if people put a little more effort, drama and even some planning whether that’s in character or in some cases where appropriate ooc, there’s potential for some amazing story’s and scenarios. 
feel like this could be enjoyable for everyone and you always see staff trying to help with decent roleplay and assist in things that have been thought out like this when it rarely does happen.

Then again it all depends on ego’s getting dropped and people not minding taking a loss now and again for the gang v gang stuff which I feels the big issue. 

What annoys me more is you saying gangs have no RPers yet its a bit impossible for the RPers to RP if they are constantly being forced into wars isnt it ... this is why i find it better for people to get a taste of gang life first and give opinions after.
Exactly. It’s a systematic problem due to all of these wars. RPers don’t want to join Gangs, and gangs who are getting involved in these constant wars don’t want to recruit RPers. They would rather have someone who could shoot. 

If the whole attitude across the board was to change, gangs would be able to recruit an abundance of good RPers. 

As for my personal experience, I’d say I got quite a good taste of gang life when I led one of the original whitelisted gangs for 4 months when they were created. Wars aren’t impossible to avoid. You just need an outlook that thinks about the bigger picture, not your ego.

It’s also possible to attract good quality RPers. You just need to get rid of the shitters first. You attract what you are. If you are a gang that loves fragging and wars, you’ll attract toxic frag kiddies with little to no RP Acumen. 

Donk. The. Shitters. 
Recruit. The. RPers.

Really concerning if there is any possibility that gangs are recruiting based on fragging skills, as much as I loved Altis this is a completely different and really enjoyable experience and we shouldn't revert back to Altis.

When you see gangs posting frag montages on the forums just shows how bad the state of gangs are right now.

In my eyes it has not been for the RP in a long time. 

Massive +1
Took the words out of my mouth, great suggestion Liam massive +1, lets put a stop to this what feels like a TDM server we have right now with some structure to the chaos.

only because I have to

personal opinion and not a staff one

Exactly. It’s a systematic problem due to all of these wars. RPers don’t want to join Gangs, and gangs who are getting involved in these constant wars don’t want to recruit RPers. They would rather have someone who could shoot. 

If the whole attitude across the board was to change, gangs would be able to recruit an abundance of good RPers. 

As for my personal experience, I’d say I got quite a good taste of gang life when I led one of the original whitelisted gangs for 4 months when they were created. Wars aren’t impossible to avoid. You just need an outlook that thinks about the bigger picture, not just your ego.

It’s also possible to attract good quality RPers. You just need to get rid of the shitters first. You attract what you are. If you are a gang that loves fragging and wars, you’ll attract toxic frag kiddies with little to no RP Acumen. 

Donk. The. Shitters. 

I really can't see how you can avoid a war?

If by avoid a war you mean go out of colors and just hide in a different turf for a couple of months i guess thats a good way but at the same time you are not really roleplaying your gang or in your turf and stuff.

You can choose not to fight but you will be kidnapped every day and possibly not play thats literary how the Hustlers vs triad war was and thats how most of them are if you refuse to fight.

Kinda going off topic here but you know that something is wrong when all the gangs in the city are basically obligaged to fight 2 gangs now who is in the wrong i don't know you ask me.

If by avoid a war you mean go out of colors and just hide in a different turf for a couple of months i guess thats a good way but at the same time you are not really roleplaying your gang or in your turf and stuff.

You can choose not to fight but you will be kidnapped every day and possibly not play thats literary how the Hustlers vs triad war was and thats how most of them are if you refuse to fight.
Well yes you are right, but for this what Liam suggested to work peoples mentalities need to change and work towards it, if mentality of people stays the same Liams suggestion wont work.

Really concerning if there is any possibility that gangs are recruiting based on fragging skills, as much as I loved Altis this is a completely different and really enjoyable experience and we shouldn't revert back to Altis.
Not going to name names but have been told that the only requirement to join said gang was - "Have your own supply of guns"

there shouldn't be a "rule" on how recruiting works for gangs.

sure getting people in for their shooting skills or how many cars they have shouldn't happen but i does

just gonna use marabunta as an example since i'm in that and 2iC, we mainly look for RP as we don't really care if you're a proper fragger or have 2 lambos and a super yacht, it's all up to the gang leads to change how and who you recruit into your gang imo

This is a really shortsighted reply, showing no real concern as to how things can be improved. Yes it’s a shit state just now, but look forward and think about how it SHOULD be. 

Wars can be avoided at many, many stages in their buildup (when it’s a proper, RP Heavy build up). That’s part of the fun. Wars are also a 2 party affair, and can be quashed not only through gunfights, but also, you guessed it, ROLEPLAY. 

if wars were less frequent, they would be easier to avoided, as there would be multiple opportunities to escape from them in the appeasement/negotiation/diplomacy stages. 

This is a really shortsighted reply, showing no real concern as to how things can be improved. Yes it’s a shit state just now, but look forward and think about how it SHOULD be. 

Wars can be avoided at many, many stages in their buildup (when it’s a proper, RP Heavy build up). That’s part of the fun. Wars are also a 2 party affair, and can be quashed not only through gunfights, but also, you guessed it, ROLEPLAY. 

if wars were less frequent, they would be easier to avoided, as there would be multiple opportunities to escape from them in the appeasement/negotiation/diplomacy stages. 
I kNOW HOW it should be you are just not seeing what i am saying GANGS are literaly force spooned into wars its unnavoidable literaly you can  be sitting in your turf and a gang will just come and fight you because they want to...

Its not being shortsighted maybe you are the one not seeing what is currently happening...

I am saying it shouldnt be like this but again why are all the gangs in the same bag literaly some are just stood there in their turf and someone starts on them just because they want.

Unless you consider an apology on tweedle or giving away money to those gangs an option which tbh will just make gangs start  more wars on you because they will see you as an easy targe t and easy money.

Imagine if police at the moment could still have their guns robbed.

Gang are like that right now if one gang shows weekeness that gang will be literary bullied by all the other gangs one at a time for money and a tweedle apology.

I kNOW HOW it should be you are just not seeing what i am saying GANGS are literaly force spooned into wars its unnavoidable literaly you can  be sitting in your turf and a gang will just come and fight you because they want to...
Just because another rival gang rolls up to your turf and fights you, doesn't mean it needs to turn into a full scale war?

- Set up a meeting

- Retaliate in colours

- Retaliate out of colours

- Negotiate them things

- etc

- Roleplay

Back