What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Gang Revamp

Liam

Unlinked
I'll split these into sections and detail which I'd reckon would be good for the balance and immersion of the server.

1. Gang Recruitment

Civilians on the server shouldn't be purely recruited into a gang based on their graft skills, fragging skills and or how much money they have. This is a roleplay server, the gangs should be meeting with potential candidates to join their gang, vetting them, making sure that they aren't an idiot fresh out of the Caravan at Sandy Shores.

Gangs should be recruiting based on their RP ability, NOTHING ELSE.

1b. RP Ability

As I said above, gangs should recruit people based on their RP Ability nothing else. I'm sure majority of us are sick to death of the people who have been here in the past and still currently are for gunfights with minimal RP. Implementing a server rule that circumvent current gangs and upcoming gangs recruiting people based on any skills other than RP, would certainly increase the roleplay within these gangs and the RP you get from interactions with these gangs.

1c. Personality

The whitelisted gang leaders should be vetting those that are being let into the gang, gang leads and their seniors should be vetting these individuals to see if their fit to join the gang that has a lot of privileges. It is fairly easy to determine if someone is fit for a gang or not, the amount of times I've witnessed some of the "hobos" or "baldies" up in pillbox that are constantly doing quite questionable things. 

2. Gang Wars

Gang wars should be brought up after weeks to months of RP, not just "GANG A" called you an idiot on Tweedle then you're at war the next day. Yous can do drive bys on their turf, tag their turf without it blasting out into a whole aids war that's constantly KOS on each others turfs, again ITS A ROLEPLAY SERVER! Create some interesting scenarios, watch some gang banger films and take inspiration or some shit.

You shouldn't be able to ally with another gang whilst you're at war for whatever circumstance.

You shouldn't be able to ally with another gang when you hated their guts and were slaughtering them 2 weeks before unless something significant has changed such as; new leadership.

Gang alliances for wars, shooting police, gruppe6, because a gang robbed one of your mates that weren't in colours shouldn't be a thing.

Gang wars should be fought on foot, not in cars unless its an armoured car. (Could bring back first person whilst trying to shooting).

Gang war rules need to be punishable unless significant amount of RP has been created to break them as too many people break these war rules for whatever reason which leads to false cases of RDM then use the excuse 'Its a war rule, not a server rule."

People are bored, I understand where they are coming from. Implementing Fleeca Banks and Humane Lab robberies, isn't going to solve them being bold IMO. I've watched a few clips of NoPixel on Twitch and you see randoms and gangs getting fun out of roleplaying, not just being spoon fed features that the devs have implemented. Sure, they help with your roleplay if you wanted to do a roleplay bank.
You are semi true but right now, I think its what the server needs. Things like how the farmers market works in NoPixel, how restaurants work, heists etc will all lead to more natural RP. I get its an RP server but there is only so much you can use the excuse of make your own scenarios. At the end of the day this is still a game and giving people things to do will solve so many issues. IMHO

(apologies if slightly offtopic) 

I do miss old gang RP, I joined around February last year and it was a blast meeting someone on Tweedle and slowly making my way up from a street dealer to a crime boss. Overall I really wish that gang roleplay improved - perhaps maybe giving gangs something meaningful to fight over rather than yo momma jokes on Tweedle. I remember being excited when Mara and the Angels had some conflict over a bridge between our turfs because I wanted to see an actual war over turf. I wish gangs returned to their roots a bit more. +1

Let me translate this simple by numbers of the suggestions you made.

1- Never seen a meeting go well and they usually end with someone shooting the other party (Church fight months ago and even meeting nowdays)

2- This leads to war.

3- This leads to war.

4- This means you will give them about 5 mil and a tweedle apology and afterwards someone will war you less than a week after because you are easy to fight.

5- don't know what you mean.

6- Roleplay ends up in you being shot.

Hopefully this explained

This is stuff you don't see happening but it does happen

@Liam
The reason meetings don’t go well is that both sides of the party don’t agree that they’re can share the blame in the incident or whatever happens. I myself have had many meetings in which there has been conflict but resolved with speaking and different routes of RP. The thing is people think they are going to be seen as bitches for not shooting someone that you don’t like. But realise the fact that if you want wealth and strength it doesn’t come from waving your dick around at every chance you get. Other parties might want war but it doesn’t mean you have to? Other parties might kidnap your group; retaliate in different ways other than we are going to war. Gangs irl have wars for turf control, drug prices, power. Most wars in this server are stipulated from tweedle. Or they said that and now we are going to put millions of pounds on the line in weapons and cars and a chance to be arrested for something someone has said? It seems there is no actual reason for wars a lot of the time because people rush the RP leading up to it, the back and forth kidnapping arguments other rp scenarios; in my opinion one singular event shouldn’t be able to start a war

if you’re going to war you could always make some Terms OOC, and not create the rp out of city but maybe speak about where you want the general gist of things to go! 

Not being able to admit your part to play in the conflict and having a I won’t back down mindset is the reason for war. People need to realise that actions have consequences and if you’re not prepared to back down and alter the generic war role play then things will always stay the same, doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result in rp will never work. 

That being said I’m not against war’s but I think different routes need to be exhausted before hand. 

I do miss old gang RP, I joined around February last year and it was a blast meeting someone on Tweedle and slowly making my way up from a street dealer to a crime boss. Overall I really wish that gang roleplay improved - perhaps maybe giving gangs something meaningful to fight over rather than yo momma jokes on Tweedle. I remember being excited when Mara and the Angels had some conflict over a bridge between our turfs because I wanted to see an actual war over turf. I wish gangs returned to their roots a bit more. +1
This was the thing i really liked about the Vagos and Grove war as it was a war over a street where either gang could sell on. The RP was built up well and the sole purpose was to fight for the street

The reason meetings don’t go well is that both sides of the party don’t agree that they’re can share the blame in the incident or whatever happens. I myself have had many meetings in which there has been conflict but resolved with speaking and different routes of RP. The thing is people think they are going to be seen as bitches for not shooting someone that you don’t like. But realise the fact that if you want wealth and strength it doesn’t come from waving your dick around at every chance you get. Other parties might want war but it doesn’t mean you have to? Other parties might kidnap your group; retaliate in different ways other than we are going to war. Gangs irl have wars for turf control, drug prices, power. Most wars in this server are stipulated from tweedle. Or they said that and now we are going to put millions of pounds on the line in weapons and cars and a chance to be arrested for something someone has said? It seems there is no actual reason for wars a lot of the time because people rush the RP leading up to it, the back and forth kidnapping arguments other rp scenarios; in my opinion one singular event shouldn’t be able to start a war

if you’re going to war you could always make some Terms OOC, and not create the rp out of city but maybe speak about where you want the general gist of things to go! 

Not being able to admit your part to play in the conflict and having a I won’t back down mindset is the reason for war. People need to realise that actions have consequences and if you’re not prepared to back down and alter the generic war role play then things will always stay the same, doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result in rp will never work. 

That being said I’m not against war’s but I think different routes need to be exhausted before hand. 
I never said i didn't agree with the fact that wars are started for stupid reasons, its the fact that sometimes the gang that is being pushed into a war for stupid reasons doesn't really have another choice you can say you do all the time but you just don't unless you wanna be kidnapped until the point where you have to stop logging in the server (I have literary seen people threaten this in game which is just disgusting how they are even on the server) and even if you going in another RP route instead of making it a war you get forced to make war rules because staff don't wanna deal with the stuff that usually comes in case it isn't a war, so at this point i am kinda confused what is the appropriate way to go about it, me and the gang i am in have never once started a war unless we were kinda being forced into it with no other option to be able to resolve it.

As for the last comment you made, i am also not against wars and i agree that before a full on gunfight war it should be considered different routes like meele wars and kidnappings before escalating it.

The reason meetings don’t go well is that both sides of the party don’t agree that they’re can share the blame in the incident or whatever happens
The reason meetings don't go well is because the requests that are made from these meeting are awfully unrealistic and somewhat impossible to make, or they are something that no gang will agree to and would prefer putting stuff on the line instead of just giving up whatever it is people ask for. This is because if 1 gang sees your gang just giving up a fight and giving into another gang's request without showing strength your gang will continue to be bullied to the point where people might aswell leave because every week you gonna get a gang at your door step asking you for free stuff like its halloween and you are knocking on doors for candy.

This is why there are suggestions to make every gang have something that only them can provide, its the fact that if this was done people wouldn't start wars because that guy called me a wanker and there would be more consequences of starting wars with a certain gang but at the moment the only thing people can realistically fight for in the server is stupid beef (which doesn't make sense) and sometimes the occasional turf claiming or lore beef war which at the moment its the only ones that makes sense.

Last edited by a moderator:
Could raise the minimum age requirement for gangs to 25 🙂
The server is already a 18+ server and may I say no matter how old you are, you can still have the mentality of a 16 year old, someone could be 45 years of age and still be acting like their teenage years.

+1 RP as a whole has dropped from Gangs, Police, Normal Civs. NHS is only really where the high quality is really at. However, you do get some good apples in gangs, police, normal civs. RPUK is a huge server, its public and got 301 players it'll be really hard to regulate everyone to be a high quality roleplayer but we can start with gangs that have been put there and same with Police.
Oh for sure you get good apples in gangs however I have seen mentality of police officers OOC and ingame saying that all gangs are the issue, I have fought it out saying "at the end of the day you can't class separate gangs under the same category, all have their weaknesses and strengths."

I personally don't mind police pulling me over or genuinely trying to roleplay stuff out I am on RPUK to roleplay not to just constantly shoot and fight.

Police used to think highly of gangs, it was a new feature "The gang update" we were all looking forward to it, we had people in low riders doing accents based on their gang but it soon turned into 'Lets farm cops as vending machines at 3am with no regard of how fun it'll be for them, only that I'll have 10 guns by tomorrow that I can sell'
I have only twice robbed a police officer, one was because we caught them transporting a friend into prison and they had flipped their car in a disadvantage I took the opportunity (didn't get to keep the weapon) but other than that, it was good roleplay, I wouldn't want to leave a situation if it wasn't.

Second one I did was when they were in a clothing store, me and some others were just robbing and it happened to be a police officer in civ clothes, got a gun from it but I just gave it away because I didn't want it and my friend was in an ongoing war and didn't have a gun.

I never really saw cops as vending machines and the only time I robbed them were them two times and it was only because they were at a disadvantage, in real life you look for disadvantages and you take them, I wouldn't rob a cop personally but my character if seen the opportunity would take it, however yes I do know a lot of people who would stay up all night robbing police and dumping them.

That is true, you need certain stuff to craft certain stuff (left it out due to metagaming, find out in RP) but gangs shouldn't be recruiting people into gangs because they sit in the mine for 8 hours a day. I have been in three gangs - Grove, Triads, Ballas and I have heard of others experiences in gangs and seen it for myself. Not ALL but some gangs have recruited people based purely on how much money they have, how good they are at frags, how well they can graft but their RP has been extremely minimal and they are no longer here, I wonder why?
Not going to lie the only reason I was a Hustler was because of my grafting (at first) I had never shot a gun, never pushed a turf, never even kidnapped someone until a few months into Hustlers, I used to stay up long hours just to fill the safe up, I remember getting access to the safe as a hang around because I was doing so much.

It actually took someone to drag me out of the mines to roleplay with people and improve my roleplay as a whole.

I think we all can name people who have been recruited just for a certain thing and say why they're not here anymore, trust me I have my names but I wont name drop, and I do agree RP bar needs to be raised higher.

I don't mind Ballas and Grove war since their lore is that they are at war, but it doesn't need to be constant as I stated before when I was in the Triads and we would beef Marabunta as they were our lore enemy, we would beef them for 4 hours with drive bys, kidnappings then after the restart we'd go back to what we were doing and in a few days they would attack us then go back to normal. It felt like a long standing war, but it wasn't a war that resulted in war rules being broken, mass reports going up because we were salty that Marabunta Ricardo Salvador or Joshua Cortez shot me and I wanted him banned.
I will admit sometimes when I am like just talking after a restart I just get shot haha, I do not mind it whatsoever but sometimes it can be like okay right now to go to hospital and wait ten minutes and then get back to what I was doing.

I do agree with it shouldn't be constantly but with our war it's very nice that we can communicate and not be salty towards each other, that's what makes wars so unfun in the first place, the salty OOC chat or just in general.

People are bored, I understand where they are coming from. Implementing Fleeca Banks and Humane Lab robberies, isn't going to solve them being bold IMO. I've watched a few clips of NoPixel on Twitch and you see randoms and gangs getting fun out of roleplaying, not just being spoon fed features that the devs have implemented. Sure, they help with your roleplay if you wanted to do a roleplay bank.
I will say this and I know this is a opinion that will probably either get a lot of hate and disagreement or a few people agreeing.

Before the eye I feel like was a prime time in RPUK, I liked RPUK because it wasn't so much like any other server I had been on prior and I have spoken to people in this community about it and I've had people disagree and people agree.

I understand why things were removed like being able to make guns whenever because obviously that was chaos for police, I genuinely didn't see an issue with it but I wasn't the one experiencing it or working against it.

I genuinely loved trucking as an NPC job, the amount of fun I would have with other people trucking, I remember new players going to trucking depot and they'd ask what to do and I'd always give them the options within the server, I'd even offer them my number to contact me for any other questions, trucking was the prime, the drive by honks on the road, the conversations while at the trucking depot as well, yes I know the how truckers would TC every car in sight and break road rules but imo that was RP opportunities for police.

Would like to add that things were probably removed for a reason behind closed doors that we don't know about.

Keep in mind this is my input feel free to disagree or agree in whether you see fit.

@Liamthank you for replying to my comment

Before the eye I feel like was a prime time in RPUK, I liked RPUK because it wasn't so much like any other server I had been on prior and I have spoken to people in this community about it and I've had people disagree and people agree.
I loved the simplicity of the server back then everything felt more fluid and the server felt unique as you didnt need a menu or anything else to use anything it was a simple click of a button. (I know its off topic but seen this and thought I'd share my brief thoughts)

Mark. I was just kidding. I felt like the thread was heating up a bit. It needed some humour to calm it down. 😄

Mark. I was just kidding. I felt like the thread was heating up a bit. It needed some humour to calm it down. 😄
Thank god you were I was about to throw non existent hands.

I loved the simplicity of the server back then everything felt more fluid and the server felt unique as you didnt need a menu or anything else to use anything it was a simple click of a button. (I know its off topic but seen this and thought I'd share my brief thoughts)
I know it's a bit off-topic but I miss when RPUK was more of a simpler server, when things weren't graft this and that.

I remember I could spend a few hours in the mine and be done and then chill with people but I don't know I just wished it was back to it's old state, it seemed more fun back then.

Just want to add another comment instead of editing the original post.

I feel like all the gangs are the exact same minus they wear different clothing that is of course a different colour and their cars are a different colour. At least from a Police POV, I don't see any individuality from the gangs unlike back in the day when the gang update went live. I think I may make a different suggestion based on your thoughts and past suggestions regarding certain gangs get certain things that will possibly help separate gangs?

Now, of course I'm not in any gang at the moment (maybe coalition) So, I'm looking at these gangs from an outside perspective and there could be things that these gangs do to separate themselves from others that I'm not aware of due to not being in said gang.

I agree being part of a gang a lot of this is true, But you cannot just say "gangs" are like this... Take a look at the current state of the police, They will mag dump you for the slightest and will go above and beyond to get a win in the situation.

Just need some maturity (for a minute) in the gangs is all. Take a step back and get out of the emotion for a second and be an adult before you open your mouth. Think about the 2nd order effect if what you're about to do and how it will blow back on your guys and look after them also. 

As Liam said, watch any decent movie in the last 30 odd years and see how it's done there. Let art imitate life. 

Not saying the gangs are all children but it's usually child like arguments on twitter that start the wars. You could just laugh it off and think yah whatever. Take a look at real life for a minute, do you think nations behave in this way? One leader of one country says something shit about another and they go to war? No of course not, there is weeks of diplomacy first. 

This is easily replicated here. Just think about having some meetings, get a mediator to guarantee security for you. Ask a respected gang like the firm for example to mediate for you. Go to greater lengths to guarantee your own guys security. Don't just think my ego has been bruised I need to hit back. 

This win at all costs mentality is not rp, its fps. If this was truly real youd have a bucket load of psychology going into every decision you make but there isn't any here. Consider the consequences and enjoy the rp. Peace. 

Would be helpful if someone explained to current vagos members what the police do too......... you missed that bit Mr antrim. 😄

Would be helpful if someone explained to current vagos members what the police do too......... you missed that bit Mr antrim. 😄
What is this supposed to mean?

I agree with this 100%, 

I can't stand that you can't have a verbal argument with someone without them using bullets, feels like Arma III at times with extra words people will use any excuse under the sun to shoot at people. Its clear some have a shoot first ask later mentality. However what ill say is personally I ain't no saint either iv made fuck ups along the way myself I am sure we all have at some point. I think that if the community speaks to gang leads about things that they or their gang are doing then maybe quality can increase as I think communication is important. With the right information presented the right improvements can be made. 

This is my personal opinion and not the opinion of staff.

The recent report from the vagos coalition shootout. Against Oliver Wilson. Pretty funny tbh.

Not exactly a good look. 
And who are you? No need to chat shit on a forum thread when you don’t know the full story. Keep it relevant to the thread - cheers 

Last edited by a moderator:
Why don't the police just lock up all of the twats in the gangs on anti social behaviour orders? Tag them with that specific charge and then they can be funneled through the system separate to the regular roleplayers and if/when it gets to the judiciary then at least people can see that these are the shit lords who think that it's cs:go in here. 

Once people have had a good stay at her majesty's pleasure it might be time for them to go on to an attitude realignment course or face further sanctions. Either way if this charge is on their record a few times it allows you to see what you're dealing with. 

This isn't the first time I've seen this thread or ones like it come up in the last year and some I've been here. It's usually the same thing happening and 90% of it is down to immaturity and very little else. The way to deal with that is to take away the child's toys. 

If that means you start shaking down the gangs on a regular basis looking for specific offenders then so be it. Nothing wrong with a bit of community policing now is there? 

Don't ask what your city can do for you, ask what you can do for your city. 

Peace. 

Back