What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Inventory Access For Whitelisted Gangs

AdamMono

At the core of this suggestion the idea is to give whitelisted gangs the ability to take items out of someone's inventory rather than asking them to drop everything as we are used to.
I understand the current mechanic is implemented to stop the likes of trolls etc, from griefing and robbing without quality roleplay which is where I feel some trust should be placed into members of whitelisted groups since they are whitelisted and therefore have proven themselves to provide High Quality Roleplay.

In short I think it should work something like this:
- The person being robbed must be in zipties this is so that dodgey doctor is still necessary in certain situations and removing the ability to rob someone downed
- Accessing someone's inventory would work similarly to how the police do it, showing session ids etc when items being removed from your inventory
(Optionally) Modifications might have to be done to zipties as this would make them a very valuable items to acquire or even have a new item like cable ties

In general if this was implemented I think we would see less nvl rulebreaks as well as increasing the appeal of whitelisted groups and immersion into the roleplay as dropping items makes no sense in a roleplay scenario.

I think the whole ''police can be trusted because they're a whitelisted faction'' is a bit mute, there are cops out there who will rinse your inventory and they'll do it without top-notch RP.
I think it's absolutely deplorable to see people here insinuating that police do better RP than crims across the board as it simply just isn't true. What you are doing now is pushing one demographic of the community down to make sure they have and can do less... so please, come with some constructive feedback or elaborate on your complaints.

I think its a good suggestion @AdamMono and i like the way you've outlined it in a way that doesn't affect current systems in place (still having a use for dodgy doctors etc).
Infact, this whole suggestion reminds me of the advanced rebel license from back on Arma with the only variable being an extra layer of qualification rather than just grinding out the money to purchase the license. Regardless, there were no complaints about a function like this back then so i don't see why it should be an issue now. I mean really, ask yourself this, is this really THAT much of a difference to dropping your items on the floor?

Personally, I'm tired of players being salty and refusing to drop their shit just to try and get one over on you so +1 from me.

I think the whole ''police can be trusted because they're a whitelisted faction'' is a bit mute, there are cops out there who will rinse your inventory and they'll do it without top-notch RP.
I think it's absolutely deplorable to see people here insinuating that police do better RP than crims across the board as it simply just isn't true. What you are doing now is pushing one demographic of the community down to make sure they have and can do less... so please, come with some constructive feedback or elaborate on your complaints.

I wouldn't say there complaints, I would argue there just valid points as to why this shouldn't be a thing. Nobody is trying to say police are way better than gangs however what we are trying to say is that the police is harder to get into than the average whitelisted gang and most of the time it requires better roleplay. As 1A3 said earlier the recruitment process for the police takes a lot of time, roleplay and dedication where as gangs are a lot easier to get into, whitelisted or not meaning people who are not there to roleplay may slip through the net.

This may also result in new gangs only wanting to become whitelisted for the benefit of been able to search people and take items without asking or giving them a chance instead of creating a new roleplay gang. It also doesn't make sense for someone in a gang to have the ability to rob you, however a normal player cant?

there were no complaints about a function like this back then so i don't see why it should be an issue now

The fast majority of the current RPUK players where not here for ARMA meaning they will have different opinions, also ARMA is a complete different game compared to GTA. So yes people will think differently even if this was a thing on arma.

Personally it just seems to have a lot more negatives than positives, maybe if it was something which only gangs at war with one another had the ability to do? although it just seems like a lot of hassle for no reason. Keeping it the way it is now prevents the possible "looting" which could occur. I'm also trying to remain constructive @L1L , I'm here for ideas as at the end of the day it is a suggestion

it's not really worth comparing arma to fivem for suggestions to begin with.

everyone was aware arma would be more gunfight focused, it's in the nature of the game and what it's made for

GTA is somewhat the same, but not, doesn't have the same shooting mechanics and there's a huge thing about cars(for obvious reasons), and the main goal of fivem is to provide Serious RP, to it's own ups and downs that we face.

people didn't care back then about getting looted because your virtual inventory couldn't be rinsed(minus cash) so you would only lose weapons, which in comparison to fivem's economy, was worth pennies compared to the economy on fivem or whatever. you could get a shotgun with slugs and snipe for like 100k and you would be none the wiser, i also do think the whole fact of if you died anyway you would still be able to get looted, so there wasn't the same incentive to try and value your life if the robbers goal was only to rinse.

suggestion is good, i'm not for or against, don't think it should be locked behind WL gangs, as with every gang and faction on here they have their shitters, give it to everyone or no-one(excluding current factions that do have the power to ofc)

suggestion is good, i'm not for or against, don't think it should be locked behind WL gangs, as with every gang and faction on here they have their shitters, give it to everyone or no-one(excluding current factions that do have the power to ofc)
I think that would be my main issue with this idea too, another issue with WL factions only is you know people will be saying "ah I just got pocket wiped but I know it must be x or y because they could take it straight from me" using the knowledge that only certain groups can do it to narrow down the list.

I love that because someone fills out a google form that they all of a sudden provide better rp than another, lets not lie cops don't become good at rp bc they are in police same with gangs. This server has become very one sided and this suggestion kinda highlights it same with that cross hair suggestion its like people lose all decorum when the crim side of the server ask for something.
Also this suggestion is decent but would require a lot of thought about how it would work because some people will just abuse it.

whitelisted groups since they are whitelisted and therefore have proven themselves to provide High Quality Roleplay.
I personally would not trust whitelisted gangs/groups with this, let me explain as of why -

In my time in RPUK, I believe that gangs/groups should not have the ability to be able to do this, it would not benefit the role-play side of things at all and would cause more harm than good on the forums side as well, I can already see the reports of "they just took all my stuff without any sort of RP".

With people having to drop things it makes it less like a mini-game of "how much can I take in a short amount of time" and gives more to the opposing side having to drop the items.

I understand the current mechanic is implemented to stop the likes of trolls etc, from griefing and robbing without quality roleplay which is where I feel some trust should be placed into members of whitelisted groups since they are whitelisted and therefore have proven themselves to provide High Quality Roleplay.
I feel as if people actually put role-play first and actually did something more than just resorting to gun-fights instantly, pointless wars & in general no role-play.

If gangs actually provided more role-play then maybe they'd be trusted with this feature.

I agree this has happened to people and myself a lot in RP situations however if it isn't up to a standard of RP it should be reported as such.

But the one thing I do not like is the constant argument of who is worst at role-play or who doesn't role-play properly - If that is the case, take it to staff because clearly the person doing whatever it is does not have the right to be in a whitelisted faction/gang/organisation/emergency service etc.

Personally, I'm tired of players being salty and refusing to drop their shit just to try and get one over on you
But wouldn't this be NVL? Again I feel as if this can be sorted through a simple report or discord call.

I think what people need to understand is there is no excuse to lower your role-play standards because of a few situations, report it to the relevant parties leaders/higher ups as every factions/gang/service has them so take it to them and they'll announce to their members to remember what the server is and if it continues take it to staff, if nothing is said nothing will get done, pointless complaining in OOC chat, discord to not the right people is not going to resolve this issue.

And even if whitelisted gangs did provide better role-play I still feel as if this would be too much to manage because there's always people that will take advantage, I would think there'd be more rules, more monitoring... I just think it'd cause more hassle than good - again I am open to hearing arguments back if anyone points out any flaws in my opinions.

Well personally don't really care for the suggestion if it got added or not but the only thing i wanna say is that this argument of can't be trusted is an absolute pisstake, for starters the tools that gangs have currently are not abused if anything imo they have provided the most RP out of gangs aka coke and other stuff relating to it but instead of taking a leap of faith and letting gangs have a try or a shoot at a feature or even the suggestion of such thing is always with the same answer which at this point it feels like gangs are somehow the issue in the entire community, because people only see the surface of gangs and don't see the inside because you can't see it because its obviously unknown to the rest ,everyone assumes everything has to do with shooting because that's the only thing they can see from the outside perspective but they dont see deals, negotiations, RP between groups and other stuff that we aren't supposed to show because it makes sense to be hidden per say.

Reactions: L1L
Cop Main Here, even with the restrictions alot of police still abuse it, nvm gangs :ROFLMAO: -1

I can see both sides of the coin. Ive been in many cities where this is a thing, but majority of it happens via poor RP, a quick grab and go.

Its good if used right, but i think within RPUK it brings too many negatives, and for me the reports will go through the roof.

I know mono says it'll stop the NVL, but will it? Im not sure. I think if anything too, the combat logging will also increase.

I cant say yes or no to it, as i said, ive seen good sides and bad sides to it.

Gangs will abuse it but cops wont???

You do realise, these are all adults roleplaying, its not real cops and gangsters...

Gangs will abuse it but cops wont???

You do realise, these are all adults roleplaying, its not real cops and gangsters...

I'm not sure where the Cops vs Gang thing in coming from. They all be just as bad as each other.

NVL reports wouldn't improve, it'll just be brought forward to the hands up stage.

We are adults, but adults who play make believe on a computer game then argue about it on forums in our non playing time. Limitations need to be in place to prevent vending machine RP, to extend the runway of roleplay interactions.

Adults in the sense of over 18? Yes.

Do we all need certain technical limitations in place to prevent us from behaving like mongs? Probably... yes

gangs have currently are not abused if anything imo they have provided the most RP out of gangs aka coke and other stuff relating to it
I am interested in how much rp goes into this. As atm every baldie seems to have 1k coke and a sns pistol in under 6 hours. I would sya while some people are not abusing some stuff there seems to be some people who are. Not blanket putting out there. But for your own knowledge someone is basically giving handouts

I am interested in how much rp goes into this. As atm every baldie seems to have 1k coke and a sns pistol in under 6 hours. I would sya while some people are not abusing some stuff there seems to be some people who are. Not blanket putting out there. But for your own knowledge someone is basically giving handouts
I have a crazy suggestion, join a gang you probably wont see much as an hangabout but join and then speak about it.
As for the 1k coke and SNS imo coke shouldnt be something that takes you 200 years to obtain not saying you should obtain it straight away but it shouldnt be as hard as you make it to be as for the SNS it might have been a regular coke buyer and overtime got trust of a gang idk exactly the situaton but every gang deals with it diffrently so join one and then you can speak to me like you are master oogway.
Can tell you one thing though there is more RP into it then typing a google form as soon as you join the server without any experience😉

Last edited:
My only input to this would be, cops cant be corrupt within the actual rules of the server meaning their reason for pocket wiping you is usually you've been caught doing a crime they cant sell those items, they are confiscating them and before you say "well XYZ did this" report it or sue their ass IC. the trust in gangs is less because their rp standard isnt the same as police argument is not true there are plenty of gangs that do some amazing top tier rp, I feel the issue lies more in the fact the gang would be using the feature for something different from police you cant use police as a comparison because the two uses gangs and police get out of this feature are very very different and have two very different motives. Theres always been an issue of people providing very plain vending machine hands up drop everything rp, i feel adding this will just make the issue even worse now you just get a hands up and boom your items are gone (not targeted at specific groups or anything like that)

I see peoples arguments for "well the police have it why shouldnt we be trusted with it" once again i fully stand by that gangs do some awesome rp but they also make up 70% of the report forums i feel already having an issue with poor robbery rp on the server adding an ability to make robberies even easier would be a bad move.

Last edited:

You can be over the age of 18 and be an adult, but still have an immature mind...

argument of can't be trusted is an absolute pisstake

Being here for basically three years, being in whitelisted gangs and seeing the ins and outs of how it's role-played I do think there needs to be more effort put in - especially as of recently seeing pointless beefs, fighting over a social media app (tweedle), not logging in for ages while losing a war instead of just surrendering and then fight another time for revenge, losing a situation and nit picking at rules to then win the situation OOC, recruiting good shooters only... there's just so much I could ramble on about. - I just in my point of view do not feel as if whitelisted factions/gangs should not have this power and even if I were to be in a gang right now I would still have the same stance.

And adding this in as well, I do believe whitelisted gangs need to be stricter on who they let in and that they keep an eye on the character not the OOC side of things as I have seen people get into gangs easier because "Oh they're my mate OOC, we played a few games together and they're sound." they have an easier time getting in, getting up the rank system in gangs but it's never focused on their actual character.

I'm not sure where the Cops vs Gang thing in coming from. They all be just as bad as each other.

This has been a thing for a long time, people will main one side and not experience the other side, this creates a barrier most of the time. ALSO people after one bad situation lower their standards over time, I for one did this and let my standards slip at one point.

Police & Gangs need to just stop with the win mentality because at the end of the day it's a game, you win and lose situations it's the natural part of playing a game, as I said in my previous post if police are not providing the role-play that is expected take it to their higher ups OOC vice versa with gangs and if it continues to be below standard I would get staff involved because at the end of the day if someone is ruining the fun by not being here for the right reasons and not role-playing by expectations then it should be brought up.

You can be over the age of 18 and be an adult, but still have an immature mind...

Being here for basically three years, being in whitelisted gangs and seeing the ins and outs of how it's role-played I do think there needs to be more effort put in - especially as of recently seeing pointless beefs, fighting over a social media app (tweedle), not logging in for ages while losing a war instead of just surrendering and then fight another time for revenge, losing a situation and nit picking at rules to then win the situation OOC, recruiting good shooters only... there's just so much I could ramble on about. - I just in my point of view do not feel as if whitelisted factions/gangs should not have this power and even if I were to be in a gang right now I would still have the same stance.

And adding this in as well, I do believe whitelisted gangs need to be stricter on who they let in and that they keep an eye on the character not the OOC side of things as I have seen people get into gangs easier because "Oh they're my mate OOC, we played a few games together and they're sound." they have an easier time getting in, getting up the rank system in gangs but it's never focused on their actual character.

This has been a thing for a long time, people will main one side and not experience the other side, this creates a barrier most of the time. ALSO people after one bad situation lower their standards over time, I for one did this and let my standards slip at one point.

Police & Gangs need to just stop with the win mentality because at the end of the day it's a game, you win and lose situations it's the natural part of playing a game, as I said in my previous post if police are not providing the role-play that is expected take it to their higher ups OOC vice versa with gangs and if it continues to be below standard I would get staff involved because at the end of the day if someone is ruining the fun by not being here for the right reasons and not role-playing by expectations then it should be brought up.
Honest take on the part you say about take a look at the character and not OOC, every group is bias in relations to that i have seen Firm do it, i have seen Lost do it, i have seen police do it and every gang without exception do it so nit picking that specific comment applies to every single group on the server without exception same with the losing a war/surrendering even factions have done this the diffrence is factions will blow up your car instead of surrendering or call everyone and their mother to gang bang you both lost and Firm done this.

Onto the nit picking into rules again that applies for every single group and tbh i have seen gangs take it in the chin more then police when they lose a situation but again another point that is completly irrelevant because the entire server does it so pinning it onto one group like they are the only ones is just hypocrital.

Now onto the beefs right now there is realisticly only 2 ways to start beefs them being over territory or something else like robbing scamming, coke etc.. its not people not being creative its just there aint nothing else to start beef over, no substance but i do agree starting over tweedle is a stupid reason as i have stated multiple times in the past.

The rank up thing i feel like most gangs dont rank up people because they are best buddys ngl so i have no clue how to argue that point but i guess it might depend from gang to gang.

Yes gangs might take up alot in the forums report wise but so do police the reasoning for that is most of the player base is gangs and police either whitelisted or not so obviously they will have a chunk of the reports same as lost, and firm also get reports, does that mean that because you do a mistake you are the shittiest RPer ever ? no it doesnt, everyone makes mistakes again another point that if you think about its easy to see yet eveyone is so blinded by that fact.

I am not even complaining about RP in this thread, i am more complaining at the fact that every time, every excuse is gangs are the worst lynch them 24/7 but yet still fail to provide arguments on as to why they are shit at RP and the arguments that get thrown suprinsingly enough are arguments that apply to ALL THE GROUPS IN THE SERVER whitelisted or not, so enlighten me.

Last edited:
I have a crazy suggestion, join a gang you probably wont see much as an hangabout but join and then speak about it.
I really dont see what this is trying to inundate

Can tell you one thing though there is more RP into it then typing a google form as soon as you join the server without any experience
also if you think joining police is that simple
I have a crazy suggestion, Join the police

Back