What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Inventory Access For Whitelisted Gangs

AdamMono

At the core of this suggestion the idea is to give whitelisted gangs the ability to take items out of someone's inventory rather than asking them to drop everything as we are used to.
I understand the current mechanic is implemented to stop the likes of trolls etc, from griefing and robbing without quality roleplay which is where I feel some trust should be placed into members of whitelisted groups since they are whitelisted and therefore have proven themselves to provide High Quality Roleplay.

In short I think it should work something like this:
- The person being robbed must be in zipties this is so that dodgey doctor is still necessary in certain situations and removing the ability to rob someone downed
- Accessing someone's inventory would work similarly to how the police do it, showing session ids etc when items being removed from your inventory
(Optionally) Modifications might have to be done to zipties as this would make them a very valuable items to acquire or even have a new item like cable ties

In general if this was implemented I think we would see less nvl rulebreaks as well as increasing the appeal of whitelisted groups and immersion into the roleplay as dropping items makes no sense in a roleplay scenario.

This would just allow people who are apart of whitelisted groups to "loot" you quicker and with less roleplay involved. I understand the fast majority of people wouldn't abuse it however it may result in people getting used as vending machines when people in whitelisted gangs get bored, especially late at night which ruins it for everybody. Personally I see no issues with how it is now, if you're robbing someone and they NVL then you should take the necessary steps to sort that situation out.

I understand police have this power however they have this power due to the fact they are a whitelisted fraction who are there to police the server and take illegal items of people upon arrest, if police didn't have the ability to do this it would make them practically useless. Same applies to G6

There would be a lot more reports for poor roleplay if this was added rather than fixing this issue of people "NVLing" imo

Obviously this is from someone who has a police character so it would be good to see other perspectives on this

I think the ability for whitelisted gangs to "loot" people has a lot more room for abuse when compared to Police's ability to remove items from inventories.

-1 from me.

loot and scoot with some tweedle flaming on the side sounds like great fun

Police mains aren't happy with this one mono!

good suggestion, but I understand why people can see this being complicated.

Last edited:
I wouldn't say loot I would say more like realism after all your on a serious roleplay server having these implementations would show who is here for the rp and who's here for a quick "loot and scoot"
as well as that as whitelisted groups we are held at a higher quality of roleplay than others there's more expectations the reason its not implemented for everyone is because some baldy would just run up to downed people and rob them.

Little thought on the side why can police take items from peoples pockets and we can't? (staff dont need to answer this :p )

Last edited:
why can police take items from peoples pockets and we can't?
I'm not sure of the original reasoning however if I had to guess it'd probably be because police are a whitelisted faction which has an application and multiple factors for whether you get in or not compared to whitelisted gangs which mostly end up turning into friend groups. Plus police have the anti-corruption rule which prevents them from randomly taking stuff for themselves to keep unless they want to risk being sued or banned.

Just to clarify I'm NOT saying that there's anything wrong with how gangs recruit I was just saying that factions have an application form and gangs don't.

really its just about trust the staff don't trust us with these mechanics because of this shitty loot mentality.
Police have not always had the corruption rule in place and see how far the trust got there majority of the police and people wanting to be police was corrupt forcing the rule to be added
Really if people didn't fuck about and focused of the roleplay rather than the "loot" we wouldn't be sat in rp telling someone to drop something which you could have took your self if you had the mechanic to do so.

since they are whitelisted
Technically anyone can join any of the current whitelisted groups. I can see where this suggestion is coming from but there needs to be an element of trust between those within whitelisted groups and the higher powers before something like this could feasibly be implemented, which currently there is a lack of.

I ask you the question @AdamMono, does the ability to be slightly more immersed in robbery roleplay and speed up the process to do so (And the potential of less people NVLing) outweigh the many negatives that could come with something like this?

- Gangs/Groups "bullying" newer start-up groups by wiping their inventory
- Roleplay standards slip due to the ability to 'loot' quicker which in turn would increase the amount of random robberies for the sake of gaining items
- People joining whitelisted Gangs/Groups simply to gain the ability to use this feature as opposed to doing it for the roleplay

On top of the negatives, is the intention with this suggestion to need staff to police those who are and aren't abusing this feature? Is it really a change that will impact the server positively enough to implement it and have constant overwatch to ensure its purpose is kept for purely roleplay reason?

The thing is its the little things that count and adding this just brings something new to the server other than the bog standard drop your shit roleplay in these cases the person being tied up would have higher chances of living giving no reason for an extra roleplay scenarios to branch off of this everything had pros and cons but if your going to look only at the cons this never would work out, take a look at the "Something Something Slashy Slashy" update this is a great way to pop peoples tires like feds to help in police chases but when looked at in a bad way people and just go popping tires for the fun of it.
Also you say to police the people that abuse this really if they are abusing to take peoples shit with zero roleplay they dont deserve a place in this roleplay community.

adding this just brings something new to the server other than the bog standard drop your shit
Do you think that there is still the potential that if this was to be implemented the 'bog standard' would just become "Hands up" then they would have their inventory 'looted' and that's it?

but if your going to look only at the cons this never would work out
Of course, I just believe that it's important to weigh up the pros and the cons, and currently, I'm seeing more negative than positive.

ake a look at the "Something Something Slashy Slashy" update this is a great way to pop peoples tires like feds to help in police chases but when looked at in a bad way people and just go popping tires for the fun of it.
Agreed. However, in context, having your tires slashed which holds no real issue in roleplay as of now since people will just body kit their car is very different to adding the ability to rob anyone who is in zipties.

Also you say to police the people that abuse this really if they are abusing to take peoples shit with zero roleplay they dont deserve a place in this roleplay community.
I couldn't agree more but why give that extra burden onto the staff team when in reality we could just prevent it from happening in the first place by keeping things as is, if you see where I'm coming from?

A big no. It's fine as it is. Police comparison is a bit poor as police don't pocket wipe people.

It's fine as is as it allows for a bit more RP.

Back