What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Mandatory situations for gangs to be wearing their gang colors.

Gangs may aswell wear a big sign around their neck with their full name tbh,

This is a terrible idea, to the point no gang will do anything at all. The police have so many tools available to help them identity and investigate. Colours are there to represent your gang around the city, not to make the feds lives easier to the point every gang member should just willing walk them selves to jail.

I don't think the problem lies within people wearing specific clothing, so they can be identified during a situation. The problem starts when too many people show up to the same situation, that goes for both police and gangs. Obviously everybody wants to win, but the ultimate outcome ALWAYS comes down to numbers, each side can produce at given time.

You want gangs to wear their clothing when robbing banks, shops, pharmacies, etc. You're just asking to get all the organizations raided with identifiable clothing. It's such a ridiculous advantage for the police, is it not enough you guys have every possible tool available to you to track us down, and now you also want us to go about in our gang clothing when doing illegal shit? How about I call you next time before we rob a bank. The amount of gang members that arrived at that house today you wouldn't even believe and we could have had more on the way if the situation wasn't handled by then, seems fair right? well not really, but hear this, police does the exact same thing when 2 guys rob a shop and 12 units show up for support. That also seems fair right? nope. 

It's an issue that should've been discussed a long time ago and decided upon. As much fun as it is for one side to zerg the place and win the situation, it's extremely unfair for the opposing side who can't produce the same or higher amount of people, making the situation fun for winning side only who clearly has the advantage. This is unfortunately the mentality each side has and you wonder why reports start flying in right after something like this happens. There are already 2 reports after today, obviously from the losing side happening to be the police this time which are absolutely ridiculous. They would never be here if we had rules in place regarding group scenarios. Just to add, this is also one of the main reasons gangs strive for numbers rather than quality RPers, numbers show power and the more numbers you produce the more situations you win. 

There is no perfect way to fix this, it's especially hard when we have such massive groups of people on the server and everybody always wants to be included. Agree or disagree but one way of mitigating the issue is limiting the amount of people being able to participate in a certain scenarios. By no means I'm suggesting that people should stick to x amount of people wherever they go, only for planned scenarios like robbing pharmacies, banks, going out crafting weapons/drugs/gunpowder etc. I already spoke about how grindy the items are to get for gangs, this is why gangs resort to bringing everybody to get it done quick. CLICK HERE for the mega-thread.

Limiting how many people can show up to a situation can resolve the issues below:
-Less confusion from both sides on how many people are part-taking in current scenario by limiting the numbers
-Allows fair winning odds for both sides
-Stops the situation from becoming a clusterfuck

Currently there is nothing stopping criminals from just ganging up together, 20 people and taking out the entire police force when robbing the big bank, same with 10 cops turning up to someone lockpicking a door at the nightclub and instantly winning the scenario before it even begun. Police has different roles in the force and it should be respected to who and how many respond to the call. It happened way to many times when trojan, CID and road patrol turn up to a shop robbery just because they were in the area. It doesn't make sense. If they are assigned to a specific sector and are out on that patrol let them stick to it, not involve every other sector of the force. 

>Assume that 4 people (max) are robbing a shop with knives, send a unit to check, if guns are spotted and the officers feel un-safe and outnumbered request backup. Same should be assumed with any other illegal activity adjusting numbers required for each common situation. I feel things would play out better if both sides followed this structure. 

I'm not on any side when it comes to this argument, it's something both sides suffer from and instead of going back and forth here's my solution to the problem. I think resolving this would greatly improve the quality of RP and I think it's something that needs looked at rather urgently. Hopefully staff can comment and give their thoughts and ideas going forward regarding these situations. 

Thanks for reading. 

please just keep the post on topic with what the original person posted, thanks 🙂

If this were to happen id expect police to never go undercover also.

Seeing as there was an officer driving a marabunta car yesterday dressed in black shooting us yesterday.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm all for this, ESPECIALLY after last night, out of colour gang members stabbing/shooting police with no valid RP at all, it's RDM at the end of the day, in fact a player report that was declined recently against Ponty was declined on that basis, that the gentlemen who robbed him was an out of colours Triad but every other triad in colours got involved, same principle here. If you're getting involved in situations that are going to/could turn into a firefight or similar crimes, WEAR COLOURS, even Police have to wear full PPE etc with such situations, I know why this has been downvoted so badly, because it's the gangs assuming it's the "Police only want to win" mentality, it's not, it's unfair and unbalanced to be involved in situs like last night whilst out of colours. 

I'm all for this, ESPECIALLY after last night, out of colour gang members stabbing/shooting police with no valid RP at all, it's RDM at the end of the day, in fact a player report that was declined recently against Ponty was declined on that basis, that the gentlemen who robbed him was an out of colours Triad but every other triad in colours got involved, same principle here. If you're getting involved in situations that are going to/could turn into a firefight or similar crimes, WEAR COLOURS, even Police have to wear full PPE etc with such situations, I know why this has been downvoted so badly, because it's the gangs assuming it's the "Police only want to win" mentality, it's not, it's unfair and unbalanced to be involved in situs like last night whilst out of colours. 
No matter how many times anyone says it. Police ALWAYS have the win every situation mentality

At no point last night were police valuing the life of the hostage inside by zerging the building which is the whole point you even showed up the dispatch. I heard one officer on the radio say as long as the hostage goes we can let the aztecas leave and gather evidence for a later date, which is what should've happened or should have even got in a police chase afterwards to catch the criminal once the hostage was out safe. Every situation recently is just firearms units getting trigger happy and then losing a situation and getting salty about it which then leads to reports.

No matter how many times anyone says it. Police ALWAYS have the win every situation mentality

At no point last night were police valuing the life of the hostage inside by zerging the building which is the whole point you even showed up the dispatch. I heard one officer on the radio say as long as the hostage goes we can let the aztecas leave and gather evidence for a later date, which is what should've happened or should have even got in a police chase afterwards to catch the criminal once the hostage was out safe. Every situation recently is just firearms units getting trigger happy and then losing a situation and getting salty about it which then leads to reports.
Units pushed in due to a certain gang shooting up police. Negotiator and police were willing free passage but shots were fired upon police.

A certain gang started opening fire towards us during the negotiations stage, so not it's not "firearms units getting trigger happy" It's stupidity from a gang who were not even involved initially.

Plainclothes officers are not allowed to go in a gunfight without PPE or police markings. Why would gangs be allowed to do it? Makes no sense. This is A GAME  and meant to be fun (so we as police don't feel like we get RDM and random CIV will not get RDM just because the officer thinks you are involved (happened too much on Altis.)  We also miss a lot of investigation tools like CCTV, facial recognition etch what IRL police have.  

Deep undercover is different story but you can read about it on internet like good cop bad war. Our police operates same way. 

Plainclothes officers are not allowed to go in a gunfight without PPE or police markings. Why would gangs be allowed to do it? Makes no sense. This is A GAME  and meant to be fun (so we as police don't feel like we get RDM and random CIV will not get RDM just because the officer thinks you are involved (happened too much on Altis.)  We also miss a lot of investigation tools like CCTV, facial recognition etch what IRL police have.  

Deep undercover is different story but you can read about it on internet like good cop bad war. Our police operates same way. 
Precisely this, I was a plain clothes officer but due to PPE regulations inside LSPS I was forced to put my Helmet, Vest and Leg holster on, gangs should be forced to do the same with their gang clothing, otherwise whats the point in having it? Devs might as well take it all away 

If you want gangs to be in colours for every situation then that also means you can't use the fact they are in gang colours to conduct a raid or such, otherwise gangs won't do anything illegal at all and then gangs will just be pointless

PolIce need to stop crying. You lot made the worst decision and wanted a gun fight there and then. You all got smoked stop crying.

I don't think gangs should be in colours for every situation, even the one that occurred last night. I just found it stupid why every gang on the server was there when there is a gang cap for a reason, feels like a loophole to me. 20 cops vs 231 civs on the server is overwhelming for a start.

If you want gangs to be in colours for every situation then that also means you can't use the fact they are in gang colours to conduct a raid or such, otherwise gangs won't do anything illegal at all and then gangs will just be pointless
I'm pretty sure that's the whole point of being a gang? Be in colours commit crime we track them down and then raid/arrest the involved members?

We use policing powers to stop and search people. 99% time Stop and search are done for anybody being involved in gunfight. (no matter do you have colours or not. ) with that. IRL Police have powers as if they know you are part of gang they could stop and search you. We don't use this powers to make it fear for you. 

PolIce need to stop crying. You lot made the worst decision and wanted a gun fight there and then. You all got smoked stop crying.
Numerous cops and the one in charge of the situation wanted free passage, not the police fault that they were fired upon by a certain gang and were forced to go on the offensive. Leave your RP comments like "you got smoked" for in game not OOC

It's not really crying when server rules were broken and gang caps were circumvented by inviting 60% of the server to the situation.

I'm pretty sure that's the whole point of being a gang? Be in colours commit crime we track them down and then raid/arrest the involved members?
Before you had gangs (no special clothing), no one knew they where a gang.  I Think your whitelisting gives you something special and you will be recognised as group, do things as group.  I really depends on situation when gang colours should or should not be used. 

This is topic about this new possible rule. Not dos police want to win or not. 

The whole point of being in a gang is to make it easy for police to arrest and raid you? How does that make any sense. You have a PNC which should have gang affiliations in, you have anpr to link vehicles used to owners. Gang clothing shouldn't be there to make it 0 effort for polices to conduct a raid on a gang 

The whole point of being in a gang is to make it easy for police to arrest and raid you? How does that make any sense. You have a PNC which should have gang affiliations in, you have anpr to link vehicles used to owners. Gang clothing shouldn't be there to make it 0 effort for polices to conduct a raid on a gang 
That wasn't the point being made, the point with that comment was that if you commit serious offences such as last night as a group you should be in colours, otherwise how are we able to tell if you're apart of the situation? Especially when random vehicles filled with people turn up with no recognisable marks etc? We're all here to have fun, not win or lose, but it appears some folks can't grasp the aspect of having fun 

Back