What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Police seems useless

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, guys!

In these days I am thinking that police is useless.
Officers stay all the day into Kavala and they patrol Pyrgos and Athira rarely.

I feel so tired every time I go to diamond shop and I find 3 or 4 people robbing hobos and all the police is into Kavala.
I can understand that Kavala is tha capital of Altis, but it is stressful when I see 30 officers online and no one patrolling roads and cities out of Kavala.

I think cops must be distributed and obliged to spawn in the city to which they are assigned or to patrol the way they were assigned.

Yesterday 7/8 officers were talking at the Altis metal export and 300 meters far away somebody was shooting a poor hobo. I hope this stressful situation will end.
The police work together as a unit. Responding to situation in a joint effort. When there is a gunfight, we need as many units as possible to be able to diffuse the situation. Otherwise, the majority of the time officers would be outnumbered if it was just two or three of them. Yes, a lot of the police hang out in kavala. But thats not by choice nessesaraly. Kavala is not only the capital, its the biggest crime hotspot. Most of the gunfights that occur on the server go down in kavala. Part of the reason the drug dealer was moved. We patroll the whole island when not directly affiliated in an operation, responding to calls, but when something comes up we gots to move. 

I'm quite disappointed with the response from the police here. There is nothing wrong with someone giving feedback, justifiably so. I agree with OP, the police are not very effective in Athira or Pyrgos.

Police are useless, heck, let's just get rid of the police then! I mean why not, we are useless anyway. 

Let's see how long it takes before they are begging us to come back.

I'm betting my Huron it's within 10 minutes.
I'll take that bet. 

*triggered* when you legit patrol there all the time to avoid these sorts of posts 

Is this still going?!

Best place to discuss is a Community Meeting (Submit your points via the link in my sig) and then you'll have the chance to raise this for discussion with all (including the Police)

Is this still going?!

Best place to discuss is a Community Meeting (Submit your points via the link in my sig) and then you'll have the chance to raise this for discussion with all (including the Police)
Will the community meeting occur today? Is there an agenda of what will be spoken at todays one if so?

Yes it will be today - Agenda is formed via submissions on aforementioned form - not published beforehand - currently.

Athira is patrolled just as much as Kavala. I know this because they always try stop UNMC near Athira/Airport. 

As i say to everyone. 

"If you have an issue with the way the NHS or Police is performing, join them and help". 

Maybe... just MAYBE ... we remove guns for a week and see what type of roleplay comes out of it? 

Maybe... just MAYBE, the roleplay server will learn to roleplay without guns.

Who am I kidding, its been like this for ages.

The problem I see with the police, and I have seen for years now, from both the perspective of the police, constabulary command, random civilian, organized gang, and whitelisted rebel, the quality of the police as a whole brings it down.

Now dont get me wrong, I have seen some highly skilled and talented individuals inside the police, often doing well in that career. However that inst the bread and butter of the police. They are not the lowest common denominator. The most common police are PC, SPC and SGT. The problem remains that the police recruit people who often have limited experience with Arma, new to the community, or are not familiar with skills needed to go around as an officer.

Now this does not have to an issue, however the training that they receive to get past CSO and PCSO is limited, they do not produce top class officers. Most of the time the top class officers are already made prior to joining, or they learn on the job as an SPC. Now I am not saying that the reason the police do not perform well is due to academy, it isn't. Its a video game at the end of the day, and they can only go around teaching people about a game for so long and to a certain extent.

Now I know people don't like to draw comparisons between UNMC and the Police, but for the sake of this argument I will. The UNMC has heavily limited enlisting. The police has around ¬50% acceptance rate if I remember correctly to the academy statistics that were released. Compared to the UNMC who has more likely leaning to wards 5-10% enlisting rate (pure guess work, from the numbers we have compared to the number of applications we have, thats my guess), the calibre of people in the UNMC is obviously different when compared to the police. They are experienced and trained with arma mechanics, server rules and how things work. Compared to the police it is like comparing cupcake to a wedding cake. They each have potential to be great, but the wedding cake has so much more there. (Maybe not the best comparison). Its like using Tesco's/Lidl  ingredients to make a cake, compared to fresh produce taken from a farmers market. 

I have said this before and I will say it again, sort out the way you enlist and the caliber of people you accept. I have discussed this with certain members of police command before and it seems to resonate true with them as well, yet nothing has taken place to correct this. The police has close to 400 members, yet they seem to not be able to control them/train them adequately. Ask anyone from outside the police and start working with feedback.

Ok - so this was discussed at the community meeting tonight and I'll add some notes tomorrow.

Zero point of continuing this now, thanks to all for your input.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back