What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Prison

Ok, i will try and put this one to rest. This server is a RP server, simply putting someone in prison for 45 minutes and leaving them there is not RP by any means. Even if you want to say "Oh but realistically police would not wait 45 minutes in real life" Well no, but in real life you would have prison wardens/guards. In simple, if you don't want to RP with a prisoner for 45 minutes, then lower the prison time. If the prisoner is abusive, prickish and not role playing, then simply leave. But to leave someone in jail for 45 minutes without any type of RP is wrong. Maybe the dev team could implement a "Bail system" where you can pay a massive fine to get bailed out of jail.
I think that is already a thing in the HMP

Prison should be an entire roleplay experience in itself. There is so much opportunity for roleplay when you are being sent to prison, and then when you are in prison, but for some reason its become an AFK Graveyard of players waiting to be released. Kinda sad :/ 

Last edited by a moderator:
Prison guard role. Like ARAC and Taxi. Prison guards are paid a salary. Might solve the issue.  Could be they get an alert when someone is in HMP. Can teleport from any PD directly into the Jail, then back when they end their shift. 

Prison is meant to be a deterrent. 45m is reserved for criminals with lots of high level crimes like multiple murders, cop killing etc. It shouldn't be used for minor crimes. The old system was open to abuse, rebels with multiple crimes, storing their gear in their house, putting on hobo gear and handing themselves in for a quick 15 mins in jail. This is an RP server. If you're racking up multiple murders, perhaps RP isn't your focus. If you're getting jailed for 45 mins multiple times per week, then perhaps RP isn't your focus.

HMP is the only prison were cops can put people in for 45 mins. All the other jails has a much lower cap.

Police don't stay with prisoners during their prison sentence in RL so not sure how it could work RP wise. You're meant to be RPing that your prison sentence is longer than 45 mins like 45 months etc.  

Using the UNMC comparison doesn't work. They have a small portion of land to police vs the entire island the ALPD have to deal with.  To have cops out of action for 45 mins deprives other players of RP and reduces the police force's ability to tackle crime. End of the day, criminals should be punished, not police.

My own personal views. 

Prison guard role. Like ARAC and Taxi. Prison guards are paid a salary. Might solve the issue.  Could be they get an alert when someone is in HMP. Can teleport from any PD directly into the Jail, then back when they end their shift. 

Prison is meant to be a deterrent. 45m is reserved for criminals with lots of high level crimes like multiple murders, cop killing etc. It shouldn't be used for minor crimes. The old system was open to abuse, rebels with multiple crimes, storing their gear in their house, putting on hobo gear and handing themselves in for a quick 15 mins in jail. This is an RP server. If you're racking up multiple murders, perhaps RP isn't your focus. If you're getting jailed for 45 mins multiple times per week, then perhaps RP isn't your focus.

HMP is the only prison were cops can put people in for 45 mins. All the other jails has a much lower cap.

Police don't stay with prisoners during their prison sentence in RL so not sure how it could work RP wise. You're meant to be RPing that your prison sentence is longer than 45 mins like 45 months etc.  

Using the UNMC comparison doesn't work. They have a small portion of land to police vs the entire island the ALPD have to deal with.  To have cops out of action for 45 mins deprives other players of RP and reduces the police force's ability to tackle crime. End of the day, criminals should be punished, not police.

My own personal views. 
And then get banned for teleporting

I think the jail would have to be more interactive for this to work, like other servers. Things like cell door control etc

If you're getting jailed for 45 mins multiple times per week, then perhaps RP isn't your focus.
Couldn't disagree more. Maybe you didn't understand the purpose of this post, but it is only about rp. I think you shouldn't think, that somebody doesn't deserve rp, just because he is also shooting people and cops, even if he gets into alot of gunfights. 

Everybody deserves Roleplay on this community.

Mainly cops are saying, No. I don't see the reason for this opinion. Cops should remember this is less a punishment for them, it is an opportunity. An opportunity to roleplay. Since when do people think, when you get into gunfights you shouldn't be allowed more then what we have currently. Can't we go back to the time, when Everybody deserved and got the same amount of rp? When a rebel would get rp even if he got a gun? When hobos ran around having banter with the police? Instead o

f looking for the "RP" without shooting, look into one where we can "punish" these shooters by RP, instead of Nothing.

Police don't stay with prisoners during their prison sentence in RL so not sure how it could work RP wise.
It would work perfectly RP wise. Luckily this is not RL, we can RP whatever we want to RP. This is a game, it is meant to be fun for everybody, as mentioned above.

I could list hundreds of things that we don't have in RL but we do have in-game. For example we don't have rebels initiating on every cop. We don't have hobos lockpicking every single car. We don't have random helis flying into a "greenzone" to save there friends by a medic. It could go on but I hope you get my point. 

Seek for roleplay. Seek for fun. Not just for a couple of people, but for everybody.

I agree as much as I could. "criminals should be punished, not police." a perfect fact. But I don't know why you think Roleplay at a prison would be punishment. I agree if the prisoner would be silence, then just go away. But I am speaking about roleplay. The fundamental reason why this server exists. Force the prisoner to do laber work or other stuff. Have fun with him. 

It is true the police force has to "tackle crime". But I don't understand why you also have to tackle roleplay. 

Why not its a chance to roleplay with your prisoners, up here in the unmc it is a rule that all prisoners must  be guarded for the duration of there sentence
Last time I was put in the UNMC prison I was just left there. But I would hope that that was just a once off type of thing.

My own personal views. 
Or just make it special unit police 

I am highly against a 45 minute 'time-out' in prison.. There's not much to do and we are here to play the game.. Something which we can't take advantage of if we are confined to a small rectangle with minimal player interaction with other inmates... 10-25 minutes are more understandable timeframes, however 3/4 of an hour... Nah.

If something more interactive was introduced, or as you suggest player interaction between police and rebel was there, it would be 15X times better!

I am highly against a 45 minute 'time-out' in prison.. There's not much to do and we are here to play the game.. Something which we can't take advantage of if we are confined to a small rectangle with minimal player interaction with other inmates... 10-25 minutes are more understandable timeframes, however 3/4 of an hour... Nah.

If something more interactive was introduced, or as you suggest player interaction between police and rebel was there, it would be 15X times better!
I was in jail for 45 minutes last might, thankfully there 2 other UNMC prisoners with me or i would have went insane with boredom.

HMP needs redesigned and have more activities if there is no one to rp with.

Look at real prisoners they get exercise, have TV's in their cells, can talk with cellmates/other prisoners.

New suggestion with the comments here taken on board. This is hopefully a fix to this issue.

This is a pretty stunning idea. +1

Why not its a chance to roleplay with your prisoners, up here in the unmc it is a rule that all prisoners must  be guarded for the duration of there sentence
Weird how I have had several experiences where I'm put there for 45 minutes without UNMC guards even speaking to me, get out after my timer has finished and instantly to the Gulag for another 45 minutes I go!

1442916075943.gif

Hate to put it bluntly, but getting to a 45 min prison sentence in the first place is an RP route we choose to take so dealing with the prison term part shouldn't be such a big deal, irrelevant of whether someone is there to hold your hand, read you a book or entertain you.  You go to prison for hard crimes, it's 23 hour lockdown and there are no prison guards to talk to and you do stare at walls and get bored shitless...it's a prison sentence. 

I've played heavily during the old 15 min prison system and it was a doddle so please don't go back to anything like that. 45 mins for tough crimes is perfect, however one part of the old prison system that was good was doing labour to reduce your prison sentence and be out early on good behaviour.  I've not been through the new prison system (nor do i plan to) so have no idea if it's implemented now, but maybe something like that (but hard labour) could be something done to slightly (by 15 mins or so) reduce your time served?

The other thing I want to suggest is maybe have the new recruits in police go through a Prison Guard Duty stint which would be part of their progression tree before they can become a PC.  It would be a good opportunity for them to have interactions with 'hardcore' criminals and for those criminals to remain in character and continue RP also.  Having PC's or above do guard duty is a waste of time and resources in my opinion.

I know and i don't NEED to be in police give my opnion to police 
I never said you did, but AS an Officer, I Know that cops have bigger things to be dealing with than just asking little jimmy who killed a cop if he wants a cup of tea. It's a prison not a home for the elderly.

Back