What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Prison

I never said you did, but AS an Officer, I Know that cops have bigger things to be dealing with than just asking little jimmy who killed a cop if he wants a cup of tea. It's a prison not a home for the elderly.
And I think that @Wade Winters (an ex DI of kavala) knows what hes talking about aswell ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Weird how I have had several experiences where I'm put there for 45 minutes without UNMC guards even speaking to me, get out after my timer has finished and instantly to the Gulag for another 45 minutes I go!

1442916075943.gif
Some how i very much doubt you were put in prison for 90 minutes , sound like a bit of an exaggeration to me, would be interesting to see your proof , because those are some very serious accusations against my soldiers

I would do it only if I was able to enter the prison and rp as a prison guard. 

Would be cool for more inventive ways to escape the prisons, shawshank redemption style.

You go to prison for hard crimes, it's 23 hour lockdown and there are no prison guards to talk to and you do stare at walls and get bored shitless...it's a prison sentence.
If I understand you right, then you like the current system (or atleast wouldn't change it as it is a "prison")? If so I wouldn't agree with you. I think as mentioned before, this isn't RL. I don't know why somebody would like to experience 45 minutes of looking at a wall. If I would like to look at a wall, then I could do it in RL.

However, I am here to have fun, so I think something should be changed about the current system. as I said many times before. Criminals should be punished, Yes! But not with 45 mins of nothing.

The other thing I want to suggest is maybe have the new recruits in police go through a Prison Guard Duty stint which would be part of their progression tree before they can become a PC.  It would be a good opportunity for them to have interactions with 'hardcore' criminals and for those criminals to remain in character and continue RP also.  Having PC's or above do guard duty is a waste of time and resources in my opinion.
i don't understand why so many people think roleplay in the prison would be a punishment. It is Roleplay! It is the thing why we play on this server. Something that is supposed to be fun. I don't think forcing someone to it is the right decision. If you don't want to get more roleplay opportunities, then don't. But we shouldn't deny a great roleplay opportunity for the police and rebels. Both parties would benefit of a change.

If I understand you right, then you like the current system (or atleast wouldn't change it as it is a "prison")? If so I wouldn't agree with you. I think as mentioned before, this isn't RL. I don't know why somebody would like to experience 45 minutes of looking at a wall. If I would like to look at a wall, then I could do it in RL.

However, I am here to have fun, so I think something should be changed about the current system. as I said many times before. Criminals should be punished, Yes! But not with 45 mins of nothing.
To clarify, we're talking about the max sentence here which is only handed out for hardcore crimes.  On that note yes, I like the length of the sentence which is to some degree reminiscent of a real life, but it's 45 minutes not 45 years.  My point being there is a path we choose to take which results in the 45 min sentence.  We don't have to take that path, but in our RP we choose to, so we should then face the consequences too.  I play as rebel and I do my utmost to RP my way out of lengthy sentences because now they are (in game terms) more like a prison sentence, therefore a deterrent.  Standing around for 45 mins doing sweet FA is not something I wish to do and have yet to do.

But I totally get what you're saying...yes we're all here to have fun, but sometimes that fun is at the peril of another players fun too so, there has to be a balance.  RP above all is most important and that's where I agree with you.  The initial suggestions were to have Police in general do the guard duty part and continue RP'ing with the prisoners.  That is something I do not agree with as they have way more important things to be getting on with.

i don't understand why so many people think roleplay in the prison would be a punishment. It is Roleplay! It is the thing why we play on this server. Something that is supposed to be fun. I don't think forcing someone to it is the right decision. If you don't want to get more roleplay opportunities, then don't. But we shouldn't deny a great roleplay opportunity for the police and rebels. Both parties would benefit of a change.
Maybe I came across wrong, as I don't see roleplay in prison being a punishment.  It's actually as you say, yet another opportunity to RP. @Karnii made a good suggestion and a part of me wants to believe it will work, however I can also see the novelty quickly wear off...then I see a scene from the walking dead where the would-be guard stands watching over a caged bunch of afk zombies.

Lower rank police doing Prison Guard duties is (in my opinion) an interesting experience for them as they would get to interact with hardcore prisoners before the officers progress into higher ranks.  Similarly it's a good opportunity for those serving time to interact and RP with the recruits thus getting to know them a little better right off the bat.  Opens up a whole new chapter of psychology and RP.

I'll give you an example, me and a friend were part of a HM treasury job and both eventually got shot.  As we lay there bleeding out, we were RPing with a PCSO who, I presume, was tasked with dragging the wounded to a designated area.  He wouldn't give me his name but it was one of the most entertaining RP sessions and it made me actually look at police in a slightly different light.  If I had known his name, I would certainly treat him differently if I were to come across him again.  You get the idea.

edit:  excuse the wall of text :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I play as rebel and I do my utmost to RP my way out of lengthy sentences because now they are (in game terms) more like a prison sentence, therefore a deterrent.
I always loved to talk my way out of my charges and crimes. However, now it just isn't worth to have a 10 minute roleplay session to still go to the jail for 30+mins. It is worth more to respawn after a gunfight for example and just to go to kavala or somewhere else and roleplay there. It just doesn't make sense to make a big roleplay story just to go to a quiet long prison sentence anyways. But if the prison sentence would be enjoyable, then damn.. Take all my stuff and bring me to the prison. Then the island would make more fun. Because we will have more great roleplay again. This could be a great opportunity, we should take it.

First of all in my opinion people take this shit way to seriously. "It's a punishment". It is a punishment in a video game that people play to have fun. They should be playing and having fun. On this server having fun is meant to be done through roleplay. Not sitting in a prison for 45 mins going afk as a "punishment". Personally I don't know why the prison times was ever changed. 15 mins was fine and there was a good amount of time to be roleplaying for. That's if the police that put you in there don't run away after sending you. When I was in the police I was always against sending people to prison and done everything I could to save someone wasting 15 mins of their looking at a screen and doing nothing. I would just speak to them and give them a punishment of removing the illegal items from them. However now if you get sent to prison it is 45 mins? I completely disagree with this and fully agree that it should be changed to the max 15 mins. And a slider to give people less than 15 mins if it was a petty crime so they only have to spend 5 or 10 minutes in the prison. 

;)

I think people are confusing a punishment in roleplay to a punishment IRL haha. Prison is a Roleplay Punishment for committing a crime, you shouldnt then be punished IRL by being made to stand AFK for 45 minutes. Instead the punishment should follow on from the roleplay of the crime, you are processed in a holding cell, brought in for questioning and then transported to prison. Where roleplay continues whilst you serve your sentence. 

There should be more ways to break out of a prison

More ways to reduce your sentence (such as RP with a prison guard) (Manual labour to reduce bail)

And more Prison roleplay in general

If you do the crime you do the time. Cops standing around 'roleplaying' with prisoners would be painful and nobody would want to do it. I'm not standing around as a cop talking to the person you jailed, even if you claim its quality roleplay. 

the fact that you see roleplay as punishment really makes me wonder
Unfortunate he is not the only one who thinks that roleplay would be a punishment for the police. 

Since when is "stopping crime (mostlikely gunfights)" more important then good roleplay. Hopefully people will change their opinions about "true" roleplay again. Many people somehow have to realise this is a game, Nothing else! Have fun. Show people what you can by some creative roleplay, instead of the old "he commits a crime, stop him and lets go to the next one". Bring criminals to jail and give them the best roleplay that they have ever seen. Laugh together with Community Members instead of thinking of them "they are not more then criminals".

If you do the crime you do the time. Cops standing around 'roleplaying' with prisoners would be painful and nobody would want to do it. I'm not standing around as a cop talking to the person you jailed, even if you claim its quality roleplay. 
Ok. But the prisoner can just sit in there and afk for 45 minutes because he has nothing else to do. But you know. Fuck him am I right? No. If you don't wanna roleplay with them. Then don't send them to prison. Talk to them out of the jail for 10 minutes instead of 45. And let him go by taking his gun or just leaving him. It's a game that people play to have fun. Not play it and then go afk for 45 mins because you got sent to prison on your own with no-one to talk to. 

I think people are confusing a punishment in roleplay to a punishment IRL haha.
what you talking about....real life is roleplay 🙃

Having to stand afk for 45 mins is what's being debated here so we are on the same page, I hope.   The length of the sentence itself, in my opinion, is spot on.

Aren't the people who are in prison for 45 minutes just filling server spots while they are afk..?

I don't even play the game anymore, so I wouldn't know how much you have to spam enter to get in the server now a days.

Why would the roleplay be painful? I honestly have to say I would love to see it. Damn, if nobody wants to do it, then I will. But the point is I am not the only one. So many people already said, that they would do it. And if nobody would like to do it, then we need to reduce the time. Why would someone like to stand inside of 4 walls and do nothing. "If you do the crime you do the time" - I already said it like 5 times. This is not RL. It is a game. It is supposed to be for Everybody. 

If you really think "crimes" are so bad. Then why are people even doing it. The cops couldn't do what they are doing. The server is mainly based on rebels against cops. Obviously there is also civilians, but most of are not just being civilians. There is so many ways to make "illegal" money, because this is what Altis Life is about.

I don't understand Anybody who says "No" to a great roleplay opportunity.

Ok. But the prisoner can just sit in there and afk for 45 minutes because he has nothing else to do. But you know. Fuck him am I right? No. If you don't wanna roleplay with them. Then don't send them to prison. Talk to them out of the jail for 10 minutes instead of 45. And let him go by taking his gun or just leaving him. It's a game that people play to have fun. Not play it and then go afk for 45 mins because you got sent to prison on your own with no-one to talk to. 
A majority of crimes end in fines anyway, the only way to get sent to prison is if you refuse to pay the fine or do something really bad. Jail should be boring and it should be a punishment. If you don't want to go to jail don't do the crime. Cops being forced to stand with prisoners and 'roleplay' would be a total waste of police slots.

A majority of crimes end in fines anyway, the only way to get sent to prison is if you refuse to pay the fine or do something really bad. Jail should be boring and it should be a punishment. If you don't want to go to jail don't do the crime. Cops being forced to stand with prisoners and 'roleplay' would be a total waste of police slots.
I will need to repeat myself. Read some other comments please.

Criminals should be punished, Yes! But the punishment should still make Some fun. As this is a game. The punishment shouldn't be 45 minutes of Nothing. It should be fun for every Member of the Community.

I will need to repeat myself. Read some other comments please.

Criminals should be punished, Yes! But the punishment should still make Some fun. As this is a game. The punishment shouldn't be 45 minutes of Nothing. It should be fun for every Member of the Community.
Well I don't know what to suggest, all I know is that cops standing around with the prisoner is a terrible idea and drastically lowering the jail time makes Prison lose its meaning.

Back