What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Revert Marabunta Turf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robin A

Banned
So basically Marabunta drug selling range has essentially been cut in half, I'm assuming this is due to the fact that after the drug selling change firefighters were have a hard time leaving their station to go to some fire in the city. However, I think this was way too overtop of a change and the whole situation between Mara and the firemen was being solved within RP and did not need to be taken OOC. 

The fact that Marabunta turf was one of the best turfs in the city created many avenues of RP, which I now feel have been abruptly shut down due to how god awful Mara turf is to sell on now and gangs are most likely going back to not giving a shit about us again. It's a real shame as we have tried very hard recently to provide high quality roleplay and avoid any sort of conflict with gangs and this feels like a real kick in the teeth.

Thanks for reading my suggestion and I hope you can take it into consideration 🥰

As @Top Splifferhas stated I have seen firsthand the RP Mara was providing towards the firemen and it was funny as hell, this did not need to be done via OOC. 

The improvement to Mara gave the gang life and and much needed QOL improvements for them further enhancing their RP avenues, it wasn’t about just selling.

+1

+1 feel as if a rp issue has been sorted via a game change as i knew the firemen were complaining about the selling.

+1 Should of been solved in RP instead of removed if there was an Issue with Fire.

Even when I was in marabunta a year ago we could still sell at the fire station. I feel like this change makes even more sense now considering you moved safehouses with it being directly over it. If it's a legal issue the fire workers can easily request to have more police around the area which gives more RP for all parties involved, I think directly removing it is a little unfair. Big +1

Had some good roleplay between police, 229 and Marabunta down there the other day. +1 Healthy fun RP between gangs and factions should be encouraged not nerfed

+1 supposed to be a rp server although your shutting down alot of rp avenues due to this change doesn't make sense 

First of all, I believe this could have been sorted in RP. Me personally have not had a single firefighter come and try to approach us to have a conversation about this and I was not aware this was a issue until it was chopped in half. Solutions and agreements could have been made and RP to be had. I kind of understand why this was implemented, but me personally I feel this was the wrong way to implement it. We have had our turf there a long time, the firestation has always been there. But only started being occupied when the Fire update came out. I have nothing against having them there. For comparison, we have between 10-20 Active members that usually all stay within the premises of the shop and gas station, there are then a fair few active firefighters. But I rarely see them at the station. Usually it is training (done in the back) and other than that they use the gates to drive out.

But if they don't like to have their workplace occupied by OCG members there are alternate firestation locations, at Rockford Hills & Davis. The Davis one would make more sense for a Firestation in RP as it is more central, not currently occupied by any OCG and already a identical model to the one at El Burro, just not a MLO for it (which I believe should be relatively easy to move as it should be the same model)

Lets take Coalition for a example. Very decent spot, secluded and brings a lot of traffic. Both locals and players. They have been hit by multiple S60 and lockdowns by Police making it difficult to sell. Ofc, different location and different issue. But they got punishments in RP for the stuff that happened there. I feel like we never got that chance. 

I have now gone around and tested our sellable area and it is pretty miniscule compared to what it used to be. Ever since we got our new Safehouse that replaced our "watertower" our turf was expanded, but also shrunk. We lost a lot of range North East, as we used to be able to sell above and beyond our old safehouse (broken down wooden house). The only viable place to sell at our turf now is in front of our shop. Which we have in the past tried to avoid as much as possible as it is our "legal" front. Having people sell at the gas station made our shop area less cluttered and already having had this in for a hour now, it is already cluttered at our shop.

Could you go more in depth on why you are "-1"ing this post? Sorry but feels a bit unprofessional having a Staffmember post unnecessary critique on a suggestion that I don't believe at least affect you at all. 🙂 

Edit: To add on to this, past weeks we have been approached with RP from both Cutlass and 229 to be able to sell on our turf. We have been trying to limit it more by not letting people sell there. We have now started a new avenue in RP for us by trying to cooperate with them and form mutual agreements on terms and conditions to sell at our area. This will probably now be completely shut down due to the turf being very limited for sale and a massive traffic decrease.

Last edited by a moderator:
However, I think this was way too overtop of a change and the whole situation between Mara and the firemen was being solved within RP and did not need to be taken OOC. 
This change was requested multiple times over the last few months by LS Fire To Devs OOC and they never informed us that it was being resolved in RP. Plus I'm not sure how this could even be solved in RP? Since if it was done via an agreement between Mara & LS Fire then people would just sell there when no marabunta are around which means the issue would still exist?

-1 To my opinon, selling drugs so openly is stupid. True i have not been in the gang style RP i have for 90% of my time been NHS/ fire. I have seen both IC and via staff blockades being made in the road to stop traffic. The request to move the mara sell range was requested over a year ago when fire first launched as we had issues in the past within RP and we took it to police to get S60s in place and shut this area down and made attempts to shut it down within RP. 

To my knowledge, Blake had made a few attempts to resolve this. Unsure to what outcome. I believe these were made IC and OOC.  

-1 To my opinon, selling drugs so openly is stupid.
Then where are we supposed to sell? As for the moment they are tied to our turfs and we cannot just magically move them.

To my knowledge, Blake had made a few attempts to resolve this. Unsure to what outcome. I believe these were made IC and OOC.
I have been both In Marabunta for close to 2 years, and been the gang leader for probably close to a year now. And today is the first time I am hearing about a issue, AFTER it was changed. Not once has this Blake tried to get in touch with me IC or OOC. If he has tried IC he could have easily gotten in touch with me as my turf is literally in the firestation. I am not really a hidden figure in the scene. I am public,  and half the city probably have my number. I can recall a situation a while ago where a Phoenix afaik tried to get ahold of me, but that was regarding the hospital, and a completely different situation but this is complete news for me.

Plus I'm not sure how this could even be solved in RP? Since if it was done via an agreement between Mara & LS Fire then people would just sell there when no marabunta are around which means the issue would still exist?
I can see a lot of ways it could have been sorted. More police S60's. Harsher punishments by police. Us Marabunta could have tried to get in a agreement with the Fire Service and let people selling in the area make way and stay away from the firemen. I have had nothing but good situations from LS Fire on our turf and never heard a single complaint as far as I can remember. A lot of RP could have been done. But has now been shut down completely and impossible to pursue.

-1 and +1 are not constructive. 

Use the upvote or downvote for this. More of the nonconstructive comments will be met with a spam warning. You are all warned!

+1 change it back to old turf honestly just move the firestation else were if they going to complain about it. Or just make it so people can see on the map the turfs again like back in the day so we know were we can and cant sell but making our turf half the size is an awful change. 

+1 change it back to old turf honestly just move the firestation else were if they going to complain about it. Or just make it so people can see on the map the turfs again like back in the day so we know were we can and cant sell but making our turf half the size is an awful change. 
The whole training area is there for the firefigthers. There is nothing similar i think. Masaaybe Paleto? Not sure. Its not that easy.

mara could sell past the fire station before it was even used as a fire station i think adding an emergency service onto a gangs turf is stupid in its self and there's better spots for the fire station. where it is now is not only stupid because its connected to a gang turf but because it would make a lot more sense for it to be more in the middle of the city. in my opinion if your gonna cut the selling spot in half it should at least be extended a bit in the other direction. 

The whole training area is there for the firefigthers. There is nothing similar i think. Masaaybe Paleto? Not sure. Its not that easy.
Paleto does indeed have a fire training tower for LS Fire opposite Paleto PS

+1 This decision has brought an abrupt halt to what could have been an incredibly immersive and engaging role-playing experience for a multitude of eager participants. The far-reaching consequences of this decision underscore the importance of reconsidering it and allowing the RP to unfold naturally. 

Last edited by a moderator:
mara could sell past the fire station before it was even used as a fire station i think adding an emergency service onto a gangs turf is stupid in its self and there's better spots for the fire station. where it is now is not only stupid because its connected to a gang turf but because it would make a lot more sense for it to be more in the middle of the city. in my opinion if your gonna cut the selling spot in half it should at least be extended a bit in the other direction. 
Or maybe even make is so you could be able to sell wherever you meet locals? Maybe make it so gang turfs give more money, but can sell cheaper all around the city. 
That way it would make it more exciting for both Police and Criminals, as well as gangs if you ask me 🙂

Just my two cents on it tho

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back