What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Rules Feedback

Can we think about a 'No ramming vehicles over X amount of speed' Plenty amount of times vehicles are being rammed at stupid speeds making scenarious unrealistic and ridiculous.
This was discussed in this weeks rules meeting and we concluded that with the damage models that the vehicles have and how it easy it is to wreck your vehicle, a rule is not needed. You crash you could or will be caught or injured.

(G1.5) Powergaming - Forcing a scenario where no matter the roleplay of the other party you will win. Example: Roleplaying superpowers, roleplaying fatal injuries when they were only minor to avoid roleplaying with the emergency services, sealing buildings with cars to prevent entrance of other players, using knowledge of the rules within roleplay..
At the moment this rule is interpreted in such a way that it is not allowed to eg force someone to withdraw money from their bank at gunpoint and I would expect the same is true for forcing someone to give you their car, house or anything of the kind. I would like to suggest that this is extended to also include forcing police or Gruppe 6 to let prisoners out of HMP Bolingbroke by just unlocking the doors.

It undermines the entire prison system when one Probationary PC taken hostage can be forced to let everyone out and majorly messes with the meta and balance of the server and the gang vs police balance. It also just doesn't make sense that ONE officer can at gunpoint let ALL PRISONERS out of a high security government ran prisoner, its just a ludicrous concept.

(G1.5) Powergaming - Forcing a scenario where no matter the roleplay of the other party you will win. Example: Roleplaying superpowers, roleplaying fatal injuries when they were only minor to avoid roleplaying with the emergency services, sealing buildings with cars to prevent entrance of other players, using knowledge of the rules within roleplay..
I have a question reggarding this. How long is it acceptable to be taking as hostage behind locked doors, lets say the other person is not enjoying the scenario at all?

I have a question reggarding this. How long is it acceptable to be taking as hostage behind locked doors, lets say the other person is not enjoying the scenario at all?
imo as long as proper RP is given it can be however long the hostage takers want, if the other person is not enjoying it i would say whoever took you hostage is doing a shit job at giving you roleplay

imo as long as proper RP is given it can be however long the hostage takers want, if the other person is not enjoying it i would say whoever took you hostage is doing a shit job at giving you roleplay
This is when you type something in OOC, and if they're being cunts and holding you out of spite.. I honestly dunno, just tab out and let them get bored. I do think we need a rule of some kind regarding ForcedRP. Not so much of a rule, but if a player wants to reject an RP situation for appropriate reasons there should be a way of doing so without breaking RP.

Like, what do you do if you're about to log off and go about your life when suddenly you're taken hostage? OOC is, and hope they're nice. What do you do if the RP runs too deep and suddenly, because you've played along, your character is in a terrible situation that you now regret? On another RP server I've played, police arrested a garbage worker to investigate the death of a local. It was fun RP, but when it came to sending him to jail and giving him a record (as he had admitted to being involved in a crime that didn't actually happen) he was unhappy and wrote in OOC and within 60 seconds the decision to give him a reduced sentance and no record was an obvious one.

TLDR @BobinzOOC thing when you're uncomfortable.

I see that being exploited really soon tho. If you are about to get out and you dont have time to engage on a possible scenario just leave as soon as possible. Anything can happen anytime.

I do agree with the something against ForcedRP, but that can also be exploited. 

The problem I am having is how much can I demand if I have a hostage situation, lets say i have him on my basement working for us and he needs to go "to sleep", can prevent him from playing the next day until one of us can be there near him? Is he allowed to leave if none of us is there when the "awakes up"? - both of those question keeps rining me the powergaming rule on my head.

I have one question reggarding (G7.2) Fake hostages - Willing participants must not be used as hostages (e.g. your character's group/gang members, friends).

Does this rule prevents me from lying to the police saying i am a hostage when I wasn't? - This wasn't the case on a previously situation, just want some clarification.

I have one question reggarding (G7.2) Fake hostages - Willing participants must not be used as hostages (e.g. your character's group/gang members, friends).

Does this rule prevents me from lying to the police saying i am a hostage when I wasn't? - This wasn't the case on a previously situation, just want some clarification.
I think you can lie, why wouldn't you? That would be the plan, but if you're getting some kind of share from the job or working with the robbers this is in breach of the rules and you could face a ban.This rule needs some working I think, just the wording, perhaps clarification.

The NVL rule removes the 'willful' part but if you're not considerate to the hostage it ends bad for you. If you take a hostage; make sure they have no other place to be (they're not gonna OOC that they gotta go to work in 15 mins), perhaps offer to let them hide any illegal goods in a car, explain to them what is going to happen. Most of us know this.. And most when this happens, a stockholm syndrome kind of deal starts to take place. In a city of criminals, we all hate the police.

I think, with being such a tight community, everyone being loosley connected, it's easy for police to get paranoid. But I've seen cops saying things like 'fake hostage' and it breaks RP. Our world is supposed to be HUGE, but it isn't, hence why we add locals for immersions sake.

I've been playing on NoPixel while I wait for some RPUK changes. The word 'friend' is too loosley defined. I was taken hostage, and during the ordeal I managed to crack an agreement to buy their dirty money and some other things. These guys rob banks everyday, and when they see me it 'you know the deal. You getting in or what?' and we RP in a way that is a little.. goofy, but at least nobody is gonna OOC mald, F8 quit etc. I've seen these guys let hostages go, and it's a huge risk.

I think one solution.. Situations requiring hostages should be very rare. Perhaps change the words willing and friend. Cause if this 'friend' thing is the case, folks like @FatherAugustuswill miss out on some fun RP. He'll only ever be taken hostage by shitlords. He isn't Jimmys friend but we are friends because we have so many mutual friends, we loosley know each other. It isn't an issue to drive down to trucking and grab someone but if there's a constant need for hostages then you'll see bully behaviour, awkward RP scenarios as most truckers have aavoidant or hostile personalities (I'm very much generalizing)

I think you can lie, why wouldn't you? That would be the plan, but if you're getting some kind of share from the job or working with the robbers this is in breach of the rules and you could face a ban.This rule needs some working I think, just the wording, perhaps clarification.
I dont understand what do you mean. So, lets say i work with the robbers and i wasn't an hostage. Am I allowed to lie to the cops saying i was an hostage? Again, this didn't happen, i just want some clarification on this.

Because the rule says that I am not allowed to be an hostage, while in fact I wouldn't be an hostage, I would just be lying to the police.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just wanted to ask and maybe get some clarification on the new rule that's been tied in with common sense regarding stretched resolutions as firstly, it wasn't announced at all which seems a bit odd to me and apparently according to staff/developers it's been in for about a month now but only started being enforced as of today?

The questions that have been raised are by most players are

- It's used to improve peoples performance fps wise.

- People have used and prefer using stretched resolutions as they've used it for such a long period of time.

- Are other resolutions that have the same effect as stretched resolutions allowed, such as 16:10. Is this only a rule break if it affects another player?

- Stretched res is easier on the eyes and helps people see things better.

The general and main point is that people use this resolution not to gain advantage over others but because they are used to it and it feels normal for them, it allows them to play the game smoothly and have a decent amount of fps.

I have played many many hours of Counter-Strike and there is Professional players that use 16:9 ones that use 16:10 and those that use 4:3 all as good as each other, the reason that they use different resolution is because of preference rather than any drastic affect. I get it's a roleplay server but I don't think the issue should be banning a resolution that is supposed to give players an "advantage over other players" when It's a feature in the game and every single person that plays and owns GTA V have access to change such settings.

I feel like it's a poor attempt at banning people who just want to play the server to shoot other players and provide subpar roleplay, and honestly I don't think it will change those peoples mentality's and instead of looking for people's resolution, look at their roleplay and the quality of it, there is a numerous amount of people that get commended for their roleplay on a daily that use these resolutions, your resolution that you use whether it be stretched or normal has no hinderance on roleplay at all.

Just wanted to ask and maybe get some clarification on the new rule that's been tied in with common sense regarding stretched resolutions as firstly, it wasn't announced at all which seems a bit odd to me and apparently according to staff/developers it's been in for about a month now but only started being enforced as of today?
It’s more tied in with Game Modification, I said to use common sense in a ticket when selecting your resolution 

It’s more tied in with Game Modification, I said to use common sense in a ticket when selecting your resolution 
I mean how and why would you use common sense when changing your aspect ratio? It's literally a game at the end of the day and everyone has different preferences on how they want to play and how they want their game too look.

I would get it being against the rules to widen your aspect ratio with Reshade and making it extremely wide through that since it's an external application but changing it through in game options seems like such a reach to be honest. It's even worse that someone has been banned for using the 4:3 ratio when it wasn't announced that it would be included in the Game Modification rule (Even worse when it's supposedly been in for about a month now) and a huge population of the server use this setting...

I mean how and why would you use common sense when changing your aspect ratio? It's literally a game at the end of the day and everyone has different preferences on how they want to play and how they want their game too look.

I would get it being against the rules to widen your aspect ratio with Reshade and making it extremely wide through that since it's an external application but changing it through in game options seems like such a reach to be honest. It's even worse that someone has been banned for using the 4:3 ratio when it wasn't announced that it would be included in the Game Modification rule (Even worse when it's supposedly been in for about a month now) and a huge population of the server use this setting...
Lets be honest here. I would bet everything that for every 100 people using stretched only 1 is using it for a genuine reason besides getting a advantage in server. I have 1k+ on CS and other games and have personally used it there. its not common to be used outside competitive games and have seen way to much of this gaslighting in this community to convince others it is. 

Lets be honest here. I would bet everything that for every 100 people using stretched only 1 is using it for a genuine reason besides getting a advantage in server. I have 1k+ on CS and other games and have personally used it there. its not common to be used outside competitive games and have seen way to much of this gaslighting in this community to convince others it is. 
Firstly don't try to claim I'm trying to gaslight in anyway, I've listed valid reasons and not just one fact but a few, feel free to read over them again if you missed them, secondly you should understand where I'm coming from a "competitive" background when I say this because as you mentioned previously " I have 1k+ on CS and other games and have personally used it there." it is hard to transition from one to another straight away and you get used too your games looking like that anyway. Thirdly there's a common misconception with people using stretched that it makes you better or it means you are only playing on the server too shoot people, if so people like @FatherAugustusand others should've been banned ages ago because they use the stretched resolutions.

At the end of the day it shouldn't matter what aspect ratio/resolution you use if you aren't here to roleplay or just want to provide subpar roleplay you shouldn't be on the server, there are servers out there for shooting etc.

Firstly don't try to claim I'm trying to gaslight in anyway, I've listed valid reasons and not just one fact but a few, feel free to read over them again if you missed them, secondly you should understand where I'm coming from a "competitive" background when I say this because as you mentioned previously " I have 1k+ on CS and other games and have personally used it there." it is hard to transition from one to another straight away and you get used too your games looking like that anyway. Thirdly there's a common misconception with people using stretched that it makes you better or it means you are only playing on the server too shoot people, if so people like @FatherAugustusand others should've been banned ages ago because they use the stretched resolutions.

At the end of the day it shouldn't matter what aspect ratio/resolution you use if you aren't here to roleplay or just want to provide subpar roleplay you shouldn't be on the server, there are servers out there for shooting etc.
Your whole argument is others get away with this and this so why is this not allowed. It should all be cracked down on imo. You never see stretched resolution Mechanic RP or stretched resolution NHS RP or stretched resolution Business RP and yes there are people that stream/make TY videos before its said its because you don't see video content based on this. 

- It's used to improve peoples performance fps wise.
Many other options to this. 120 fps for your game to look that bad? no one is doing that for good intentions. 60fps with better graphics is what people would aim for in this situation. This game is 10 years old now, 8 years old on PC. 

- People have used and prefer using stretched resolutions as they've used it for such a long period of time.
1 in 100. 

- Are other resolutions that have the same effect as stretched resolutions allowed, such as 16:10. Is this only a rule break if it affects another player?
Does not create wide character models ensuring easier times in combat. 

- Stretched res is easier on the eyes and helps people see things better.
Like enemy's in combat 

If only my friend it was that easy. You seen the report a player during a ongoing gang war? 

Like I said there is genuine application to people preferring this but the negatives extremely outweighs the positives. I would rather inconvenience one person for the sake of many others. 

Please remember I mean this all in respect and open discussion and I do not mean to come across rude of offensive. 

Have a lovely day. 

In my experience having thousands of hours on CS, I don't feel as though people are looking into the disadvantages that comes with having to use 4:3 stretch.

Yes, player models are wider but at what cost? 

Obviously you will gain a disadvantage following the loss of horizontal fov but you will gain a slight advantage in terms of reaction time (very minimal). - 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDJdxlDOW1Q&ab_channel=MrMaxim

Image showcasing the horizontal fov disadvantage

This video gives a good insight on stretched resolutions - 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ad47uLhRAY&ab_channel=CR0W

Overall, I appreciate the staff taking approach on finding those who are not here for roleplay however I feel as though the actions being taken to stop people from using resolutions is shown to be ineffective.

I would even argue that crosshairs are a bigger problem than having a stretched / low quality resolution but then you cant really counter that as you can have built-in crosshairs that come with your monitor. 

Like I mentioned before I think its obvious staff are taking an approach in stopping the frag mentality in an attempt to create the server to be more roleplay focused but I think theres no actual way to stop it with a valid justification on the use of a specific resolution having those factors being mentioned it equals out. 

This game is 10 years old now, 8 years old on PC.
Yes, the game is quite old now but to assume everyone should be capable of running it with consistently good FPS comes across as ignorant to others.

I get what you're trying to say but I feel as though you have not given it much thought missing factors and having the assumption that because the game is old everyone now has good PC specs to run the game consistently with reasonable FPS.

120 fps for your game to look that bad? no one is doing that for good intentions.
I'd argue that people might want to enjoy having a higher refresh rate on their monitors, you might enjoy 60 FPS with good graphics however some people might want to enjoy the higher refresh rate with more FPS so the game feels more smooth. 

Obviously you will gain a disadvantage following the loss of horizontal fov but you will gain a slight advantage in terms of reaction time (very minimal). - 
I would say the loss of horizontal Fov is of lower impact on a predominantly third person game compared to a first person one. I would say on GTA the reaction time and larger view models counter that massively when it comes to fragging. There is a reason stretched meta's exist. 

crosshairs are a bigger problem than having a stretched / low quality resolution
I don't agree with using third part crosshairs but like you said it's hard to even counter that as monitors come with it built it. Tbh the crosshair is only as good as the player. Low graphics can affect someone's actual defence against you as they will be more visible than is to believed when you have these 0 shadow high contrast settings on. Reminds me of the memes back in the day of pubg when your sitting in the tall grass hiding in the dark but to the Fragger your standing in a plain open field obvious. 

My quotes tool have stopped working so I will have to create my own from now on. 

"Yes, the game is quite old now but to assume everyone should be capable of running it with consistently good FPS comes across as ignorant to others."

I fully appreciate we have a wide spectrum of players with different builds of laptops and pcs and not everyone is running high end hardware.

GTA 5 was originally released on the Xbox 360. That had 512 megs of ram. 

You can actually run GTA 5 on a pc without an actual graphics card now granted at lower graphics but still with the shadows on and at greater detail than some of the footage I have seen from Rpuk. I would put money on the table 90% plus of the community has a graphics card of some kind. Plus I have said before 1 in 100. 

Examples. 

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Id argue tbh games like GTA and other third person games of this nature doesn't benefit from over 60fps. I understand this is just a opinion so I wouldn't argue it. What I would say is others are using it for the wrong reasons so I'd rather annoy some people and lock them to 60 to stop others abusing it. 

Appreciate the discussion SK and I hope this doesn't come across rude or Aggy. Just a open discussion.

Maybe whitelisted groups should have to disclose PC specs? Stops dishonesty when it comes to settings? And would raise suspicions when you see people with gtx 1080s rocking ultra low graphics in frag montages. 

Low graphics can affect someone's actual defence against you as they will be more visible than is to believed when you have these 0 shadow high contrast settings on.
These high contrasts come with third party software's, such as the Nvidia Control Panel, or GeForce experience. We'll use GTA and CSGO as an example, there is no setting within the game to change my Saturation or Make my shadows any less prominent, however with the use of GeForce Experience and Nvidia Control panel I have all of the options I need to reduce residual smoke above a molotov, or make my game much more bright in darker areas.

I don't agree with using third part crosshairs but like you said it's hard to even counter that as monitors come with it built it. Tbh the crosshair is only as good as the player.
We can all agree about moderating crosshairs as we all agree on crosshairs built into the monitor.
Despite this, I'd like to disagree with you saying the crosshair is only as good as the player. Without a crosshair, I have to use some computing power of my brain to calculate the middle of my screen, obviously with time you get used to it anyways. However, If I had a crosshair planted in the middle of my screen, I'm now fully aware of where I need this guys head before I even un-holster my weapon.

I would say on GTA the reaction time and larger view models counter that massively when it comes to fragging.
As inferred previously by SK, the reaction time "advantage" is so minimal it's basically null. I will say bigger view models definitely help in fragging, But It's so circumstantial. With the reduced field of view and wider models, The game feels so much faster than anyone's native resolution which means the enemy player is on your screen for less amount of time and they move much quicker, this could be seen as a disadvantage.
I'm sure you've played CS:GO before, or maybe some other FPS game on 4:3 res, but switching off 4:3 to 16:9 makes the game so slow in comparison.

What I'm trying to say is, Native res, Stretched res, whatever it is you're using, they both have their pros and cons. You see CS:GO pros using 4:3 or 16:9 or even just 4:3 with black bars (which btw only has cons). It doesn't matter what resolution you use, if you're good on it then you're good on it. It's all personal preference at the end of the day.

You can actually run GTA 5 on a pc without an actual graphics card now granted at lower graphics but still with the shadows on and at greater detail than some of the footage I have seen from Rpuk. I would put money on the table 90% plus of the community has a graphics card of some kind.
You are talking about base GTA V, FiveM has different performance than the plain version of GTA V.

Back