What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Rules Feedback

(6.2.3) You must not lockpick or steal a vehicle from the blue zone. This rule does not apply to the police.

I cannot stress enough how much this rule requires clarification: Making it clear as to whether this includes or excludes the act of lockpicking handcuffs within the zone itself; I've seen it raised before and there's reasonable arguments for/against both sides.

I feel it would help avoid an awful lot of confusion over an arguably "Grey" zone, and serve to provide either a chance for some skillfull Criminal Roleplay - Or further protection for the Altis Police Force.
Definitely needs to be clarified had it happen me a few times.

"Skillful Criminal Roleplay, you mean running into the blue zone, say you are tying their shoelaces or fixing their shoes and magically the person cuffs falls off ..... needs to be brought up because that fails RP 😉

@PyroPlayzStuff @ThomasW @MrLongSlong

Seeing as you guys are unsure about the answer to the question if you can lockpick people in a bluezone I will clarify it for you. And the short answers is yes. In the rule it states "You must not lockpick or steal a vehicle from the blue zone". Nothing is said about lockpicking a person out in the blue zone. So yes you can lockpick people in the bluezone. 

Can I please suggest that clarification is inserted to rule 2.11 (teleporting). It currently states that a person may not teleport; however am I correct in saying that teleportation of vehicles is also not allowed?  

For example: A person spawns in Pygros, withraws a truck, fills it with diamonds, returns it to pygros and takes out a second truck, fills it with diamonds, then returns the truck and takes out a car. Drives to Athira, swaps car for truck, processes diamonds, then takes out the other truck etc. (you see where I am going). 

I have witnessed several cases of this recently, most noticeably in the early hours of the morning (1am - 8am) and where possible I try to confront these people to remind them that it is not allowed, or I try to gather evidence to make a report, however I can't actually see it mentioned in the rules. In some cases this is even more extreme as the person will then log out and teleport them self, however this is more noticeable and is already covered under rule 2.11

Can I please suggest that clarification is inserted to rule 2.11 (teleporting). It currently states that a person may not teleport; however am I correct in saying that teleportation of vehicles is also not allowed?  

For example: A person spawns in Pygros, withraws a truck, fills it with diamonds, returns it to pygros and takes out a second truck, fills it with diamonds, then returns the truck and takes out a car. Drives to Athira, swaps car for truck, processes diamonds, then takes out the other truck etc. (you see where I am going). 

I have witnessed several cases of this recently, most noticeably in the early hours of the morning (1am - 8am) and where possible I try to confront these people to remind them that it is not allowed, or I try to gather evidence to make a report, however I can't actually see it mentioned in the rules. In some cases this is even more extreme as the person will then log out and teleport them self, however this is more noticeable and is already covered under rule 2.11
What you said is clear cut case of teleporting. So it´s breaking the rules.

Last edited by a moderator:
Would like to suggest that a rule is implemented around people knocking you out when you have a gun to there head. 

It has come to my attention that this is no longer a server rule and that if I have threatened someone’s life and have a gun to his head that he is able to pull out his pistol and knock me out. Not to sure but I think if someone had a gun to my head I would comply and not pull a pistol and smack them with it 

Thank you for your suggestion, this suggestion will be brought up in he next rules meeting. 

Shouldn’t be able to knock out at all if they have a gun raised, even if it’s not aimed at you

Shouldn’t be able to knock out at all if they have a gun raised, even if it’s not aimed at you
If their back is turned to you or they are sideways I don’t see what the issue is with that. They might not be able to react fast enough anyway so...

If their back is turned to you or they are sideways I don’t see what the issue is with that. They might not be able to react fast enough anyway so...
Desync. 0% chance you can react to a guy going to your side to knock you out because of server lag; you’ll already be knocked out by the time you see them move. Better to eliminate all cases of this IMO by implementing this rule.

Last edited by a moderator:
Would like to suggest that a rule is implemented around people knocking you out when you have a gun to there head. 

It has come to my attention that this is no longer a server rule and that if I have threatened someone’s life and have a gun to his head that he is able to pull out his pistol and knock me out. Not to sure but I think if someone had a gun to my head I would comply and not pull a pistol and smack them with it 

Desync. 0% chance you can react to a guy going to your side to knock you out because of server lag; you’ll already be knocked out by the time you see them move. Better to eliminate all cases of this IMO by implementing this rule.

Big Fat +1

I'm always hesitant when knocking people out because it's such an easy trick to abuse in the wrong situation. If someone has initiated in hostile roleplay and has a lethal weapon drawn, you shouldn't have the option of button-mashing Shift-G until they're stone cold regardless of which direction it's being pointed in or how long you've had your own firearm drawn. This is a Roleplay server, the objective isn't to "Win" the situation by any means necessary.

The way I see it is if they've issued an ultimatum of comply or die; and you're lucky enough to be out of restraints and in the possession of a firearm, having the ability to retaliate with lethal force with sufficient initiation is enough of a bonus. Knocking someone out removes any element of back/fourth conversation, denies them the ability to inform you of any nearby allies (Which is something we've seen on the forums before), and cuts-short any potential for Roleplay for both parties involved.

The same should apply to both Cops and Rebels alike - Knocking someone out whilst they've got a firearm drawn should be deemed an infraction. Cops are issued with Tasers for a reason, and rebels are more than capable of taking officers alive without resorting to such an easy key-bind.

I'm always happy to hear someone argue that it's beneficial to the server though, but I think it's daft.

Good Day all

I trust you are well

I would like to raise an concern I have encountered in the a early hours of the morning (1 am my time) while doing an FA.

When on patrol civilians will flag you down to ask for help or would like a chat with you, then what happens is they would stand close to the car and the second you get out and lock your car they immediately get in and are locked inside of it.

Besides this being extremely irritating I find this to be low class roleplay and the server is not fast enough to instantly lock your car as you get out so there is a slight delay hence why they get locked inside.

Could we possibly implement a rule condoning this action where civilians are able to instantly jump in the driver seat as you get out.

I look forward to your feedback

Regards

SGT Nabster

Besides this being extremely irritating I find this to be low class roleplay and the server is not fast enough to instantly lock your car as you get out so there is a slight delay hence why they get locked inside.
Wrong, just you that's slow.

We don't need a rule for this, 

Good Day all

I trust you are well

I would like to raise an concern I have encountered in the a early hours of the morning (1 am my time) while doing an FA.

When on patrol civilians will flag you down to ask for help or would like a chat with you, then what happens is they would stand close to the car and the second you get out and lock your car they immediately get in and are locked inside of it.

Could we possibly implement a rule condoning this action where civilians are able to instantly jump in the driver seat as you get out.

I look forward to your feedback

Regards

SGT Nabster
Don’t park ur car close to a hobo ? U seem to be able to tell when it’s going to happen so why don’t in u prevent it insted of actioning it when’s it does happen.

Don’t park ur car close to a hobo ? U seem to be able to tell when it’s going to happen so why don’t in u prevent it insted of actioning it when’s it does happen.
I cant prevent him from running up to my car when I parked 10m away from him.

I cant prevent him from running up to my car when I parked 10m away from him.
As Police always patrols with 2 or more, ask your partner to step out of the vehicle and ensure that the vehicle is secure before you leave your driver seat. You raise a fair point, but it is easy to prevent (same as = only the driver locks & unlocks). As a Police Constable or above we're expected to have this amount of common sense and competence to make sure that our vehicles aren't being stolen by any and all hobos.

+1

This is one of my greatest fears when exiting my vehicle while near a large group of people.

Back