What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

The player count crisis.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im not good with words so im just gonna leave this fight ill get nothing out of it. but no this all happend today and have happen in the passed.,

From what ive seen today from a combat perspective atleast is that cops and Poseidon are killing the fights quite a bit. Tthey would have cap and will go out their way to go behind us and roach or drop people behind. Now before someone says don’t go to red zone can’t we just agree that the play style of going behind someone when you own the cap is really boring for the other side specially when it’s a gang of 3 people pushing.

@FoxEightI kind of agree with you in a way. But on the other hand when we don't go zones we get messages complaining that we are being bored by not fighting lol. I think cops were limited by gold command in when they can do zones, but I don't think that is enforced at all.

The issue is that you can never please everyone.

Kinda feels that this topic has sorta deviated from its original intention to become a place for people to say shit about Poseidon or Police from what people are putting on it recently 

Its just an easy excuse really. Oh the server has become more combat oriented its Police & poseidons fault...

I don't like to repeat myself but the new player retention is plain bad.  Too much grind for little reward. (Targeting the legal vs illegal runs)

Every hobo wants to do something illegal because on every server u make bank with it except here.

1 weed run is enough for 1 cheap loadout.

Hobo gets robbed, killed or arrested: Boom 1 hour of work gone, they log out and never come back. 

Thats the reality of our NPR.

We do not hold on to our new players. This is the problem. New players give a fresh breeze to the stale air that is the vets. They create content that we do not longer do.

We should find ways to hold on to our new players because that is the start of the vicious circle.

We should find ways to hold on to our new players because that is the start of the vicious circle.
This. There's been a whole lot of talk about catering to current players and not a lot about retaining new players. They are of equal importance and we can't afford to ignore either.

Low effort suggestion but could help

BACK TO BASICS

Have you considered removing a few runs from the server, perhaps even complicated stuff as the factory (I know a lot of time was put into it). Positives are listed below:

• Simplify the experience for new players
  • Less runs = more chance to run into people doing the same run as you
  • Robbers don't have to scout the entire island to find someone to rob (RP)
  • Police/Poseidon won't have to scout large areas to find people doing drugs
  • ... a lot of the positives are self explanatory; to sum it up, it increases interactivity

You only need a handfull of legal/illegal runs to allow all factions and civs to interact, it will remove a bit of diversity but who cares??

Last edited by a moderator:
From what ive seen today from a combat perspective atleast is that cops and Poseidon are killing the fights quite a bit. Tthey would have cap and will go out their way to go behind us and roach or drop people behind. Now before someone says don’t go to red zone can’t we just agree that the play style of going behind someone when you own the cap is really boring for the other side specially when it’s a gang of 3 people pushing.
Cops job in the zones is literally to stop rebels from making money from them. So we come in and stop you lmao

i really do agree with what he said and even though it is amazing to see new people joining the server as nhs even tonight when we hit 125 (max player count)

there was only 3 medics on max at a time and most of the road were completely empty and all of the action was happening down in Kavala it is hard to be able to hav e agreat selling point as a server and having such one that people will want to join if you make it to complex people wont wanna join because it will be to hard to understand make it to easy and people wont wanna join because they will get bored from it being so boring and repetitive even doing something so simple in police as setting up and random track stop point for people or prioritizing new players enganging with them making them want to come making them want to say "you know what that server gave me a unique time ima tell my friends" and if that happens we will continue to increase even today i saw players that have been on the server for a while helping out new players driving them round giving them a bit of cash teaching them the ways of the island etc.. i think we will keep going up and up we just have to do something that makes us different and better then all the other communities and even though it was fun please don't destroy another bridge please...

thank you @WhoisDan for taking your time and effort to help the community  ❤️ 

have a great day everyone    

Cops job in the zones is literally to stop rebels from making money from them. So we come in and stop you lmao
By all means necessary then 🤣🤣 it’s fine as soon as we got some numbers you guys can’t stop us from making money no more so we’re good. Whole point was that if there’s 3 rebels “making” money you don’t bring 15 sit on cap and have 5 going behind them, hey just a thought. 

Issue resolved? Can this be closed now?

0dcccf4a43837141e1d399a5e7d5b635.png

Issue resolved? Can this be closed now?

Although i want to say yes, think this might just be because of lockdown number 3, although at the same time devs are doing some cracking work and making the server enjoyable again by the looks of it. And i dont even play arma !

Although i want to say yes, think this might just be because of lockdown number 3, although at the same time devs are doing some cracking work and making the server enjoyable again by the looks of it.
Agreed. I do think this is another lockdown surge similiar to what we saw in November, but I would love to be proven wrong on that. Whatever the cause of the surge is, this is an enormous opportunity for us to attract loads of new players. Our focus needs to be on keeping them coming back through lockdown and beyond.

I remember phoenix (before it died) filling their server when they did big events like supercap (this is where a random big redzone spawns and you get big cash for holding it and killing people inside of it way more than normal redzones) if you can make events like this and have things to do after that people would stick around more maybe. A lot of those populair servers mentioned by OP do things like this and you see their playerbase reaching max whilst these events are going on.

I remember phoenix (before it died) filling their server when they did big events like supercap (this is where a random big redzone spawns and you get big cash for holding it and killing people inside of it way more than normal redzones) if you can make events like this and have things to do after that people would stick around more maybe. A lot of those populair servers mentioned by OP do things like this and you see their playerbase reaching max whilst these events are going on.

Not sure the border war events are helping with player count issues tbh - Last week I had friends who don't get a chance to play in the week wanting to play on Friday night and having to play a different server/ game because the server is locked. If you are looking to keep player count high a good start would be not to physically stop people from joining the server even if it is just for an hour a week. The border war happens at what I would say is the peak time for new players joining.

Events are great as everyone is mentioning but for normal players who aren't poseidon/ police we have no option but to just sit and wait for an event to end or just forget Altis life and go play something else

Not sure the border war events are helping with player count issues tbh - Last week I had friends who don't get a chance to play in the week wanting to play on Friday night and having to play a different server/ game because the server is locked. If you are looking to keep player count high a good start would be not to physically stop people from joining the server even if it is just for an hour a week. The border war happens at what I would say is the peak time for new players joining.

Events are great as everyone is mentioning but for normal players who aren't poseidon/ police we have no option but to just sit and wait for an event to end or just forget Altis life and go play something else
Last week right before the automated event an update dropped. Not sure if you know about the Arma engine but it cannot handle 130-150 players downloading the mission file all at once it makes the armaserver.exe crash.

To combat this we stagger join by locking and unlocking the server allowing a certain amount of players to get on and finish downloading the mission file before opening it up for more.

That was a one off event to fix issues with the mission just before the first week of border wars, going forward the dev team will avoid Friday evening updates.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back