What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

VEHICLE SCRAPPING REWORK - Strike System

Anonymous Monkey

GDPR Removed
Brief Summary: 

I would like to see a rework of how police scrap vehicles. (THIS WILL BE A CONTOVERTIAL TOPIC) This is from a Gang POV but I would like to see some police opinions on this too.

Detailed Suggestion:

In the servers current state, it's starting to feel like a cops vs robbers rather than a roleplay server. I'll admit it's not the police's fault and it's the server as a whole at the moment. Huge gang shootouts being basically rocket league. Whilst I don't think that gang shootouts should be driving around at 90 MPH shooting out of a window, scrapping cars after even being seen at a gang shootout is extremely excessive and shouldn't be happening.

For example:

Gang A are at war with Gang B. There is a drug dealer with a car at the side of the road at Gang B's turf with his "stash" inside of it.
Gang A push Gang B and begin shooting out of vehicles resulting in police turning up and taking plates. Whilst driving around they see a car in Gang A's gang colour parked at the side of the road, however they have not seen anyone shoot from the vehicle as it is owned by the drug dealer. I understand that police need good evidence good evidence to scrap a vehicle, but this "scenario" is something that actually happened in game quite recently.

Example 2:

Gang A steals a car from pillbox hospital without the owner knowing at all or being able to report the vehicle as stolen. Gang A uses said stolen vehicle to shoot at Gang B. The police arrive and impound the vehicle pending a scrap. Due to the car owner not reporting it as stolen before the incident, the vehicle will be scrapped and it is up to the owner to prove that it was not him driving, and by then, the vehicle has already been scrapped and now the player can only get compensation of the vehicles worth.

STIKE SYSTEM:

I suggest that instead of scrapping cars on the first offence of a gang shooting there is a PNC feature called a strike for a vehicle.

Strike 1:
After a vehicle has been impounded due to a gang shooting or a serious crime, the vehicle is taken away from the player for 3 days with a return impound fee of 10-20k.

Strike 2:
After a vehicle has been impounded due to a gang shooting or a serious crime for the second time, the vehicle is taken away from the player for 7 days with a return impound fee of 35-50k.

Strike 3:
After a vehicle has been impounded due to a gang shooting or a serious crime for the third and final time, the vehicle is taken away from the player via the courts and should then be auctioned of at a mass server-wide event hosted at the gallery. (if the vehicle is worth auctioning)

The Pros:

• Less Grinding / Time 

At the end of the day, some people can only spend small amounts of time on the server, that they would much prefer to spend roleplaying than selling drugs or taxi driving. By having a strike feature, this means that people receive a chance to stop using that car for huge crimes and they know if it continues they'll lose it.

[*]Money

• Firstly, I completely understand that using a car for a shooting needs to be met with a suitable punishment but completely deleting the car from the server just seems very excessive for a first offence in that vehicle. At the end of the day, we all log onto this server to have fun and roleplay with other members of the community. Having to continually purchase new cars because they're getting scrapped just gets very repetitive and doesn't really solve the "car meta" problem other than just making members of the community feel angry towards police.

The Cons:

• Police Have Less Power

I'm not saying this in a salty way at all but the police may not like losing the power to be able to scrap a vehicle after one major incident.

[*]Dev Work

• Adding something like this to the PNC may be a lot of dev work however IMO worth it for the servers future.

Does this suggestion change balance on the server ?

Honestly, this will change the balance on the server as gang members do not have to spend mass amounts of money on constantly purchasing new vehicles. This however means that this money can be spent on better things to better the groups roleplay.

NOTE: I will be editing this suggestion as more comments and feedback come in so keep yourself updated if you're interested in this 🙂

From both a police and crim point of view this suggestion, if, implemented right with some changes, I believe, could be beneficial to the server. However, with the 3 strike system you are proposing I feel like it would incentivize gangs to shoot out of cars more due to them being practically able to do that 2 times with minor consequences, thus, making the server wide problem (my opinion) of ‘rocket league’ (everyone just driving around shooting out of cars instead of being on foot) larger. Although, I do agree where if a car is seen at the location a single mass gang shooting it can be scrapped is excessive. Therefore, I believe that a 2 strike system with cars involving gang shooting would be better due to the fact it gives people the opportunity to make 1 mistake in a vehicle before it getting scrapped because of it being involved in a gang shooting multiple times.

Last edited by a moderator:
See my very detailed reply here - 

TLDR: -

1. Don't use your own personal expensive cars in gunfights / drug dealing, and then act surprised when they get taken. Think smarter, plenty of fast local cars. 
  2. Read the public courts policy so you know what to avoid doing (mainly the above), and the lengths police have to go through, to scrap your cars  https://sites.google.com/view/lscourts/policies/vehicle-policy
  3. As a civilian, your stolen car is highly unlikely to get scrapped if it's been used in a gunfight by other gangs, and mopped up by RPU. (unless it's been used by yourself for crimes before) 
  4. Appeal scraps you honestly believe were against this policy. Contact a solicitor, make an argument and you can absolutely get millions back in comp. 
  5. (My main point) Work to create a better server where drive-by gang shootings don't happen every hour, and we can look to relax our policy. At the moment, it's not even a consideration. 

Edit - Also doesn't help when half the people on this SERIOUS ROLEPLAY SERVER are playing 'Crosshair X' the majority of the time. Not a dig at anyway, I know crims and cops both use it at times but that seems crazy to me.

Hello, 

Have you read the current court policy? I do think you need to actual read and understand the court policy as it stands before making a suggestion about this honestly because there is a strike policy in place for less severe incidents. 

There is indeed a strike system in place, but it doesn't work when people are driving around the streets at 100mph crashing into each other head on, jumping out and running like nothing has happened then opening fire on each other with automatic weapons. Like this - https://medal.tv/games/gta-v/clips/evPOEhMWkT7yh/d1337U07VjUS?invite=cr-MSxSTzUsMjMyNzA0NDgs or https://gyazo.com/5a4c952197fbde055195403fc178250f. From the last week alone I could attach so many examples of these things honestly. 

The 1-strike policy applies only to OCG involved major firearms incidents.

To be completely honest, when it comes to what I mentioned above, 100mph crashing into each other head on, jumping out and running like nothing has happened then opening fire on each other with automatic weapons, what comes to mind is PLAY STUPID GAMES, WIN STUPID PRIZES.

@FatherAugustussaid it best the other day, he understands the consequences for things like this & honestly what he said resonated with - what would you think if you were a new player, join a UK Based serious RP server and this is what you seen? 

See attached last time this was suggested - 

We are criminals, we do the crime we face the consequences , this is a good way to combat the server turning into an absolute warzone 24/7 , dont get me wrong i wish there was a little bit more roleplay on the car scrapping system, maybe even a chance to get a solicitor or something to debate it, even if it gets scrapped or not , just an extra bit of RP would be nice, but i still agree on the cars getting scrapped tbh, theres lots of pros to cars being scrapped, and this is coming from a gang leader.

It promotes more people wanting to footpush, being smart on what cars they use, when to use them etc.

As has been said, there is already an implemented strike system through the courts depending on how the car has been used and a process to be compensated for the money if your car is wrongfully scraped. Random vehicles will not be scraped unless there is sufficient evidence to meet a standard required by the courts and as said if you're some nice random person at pillbox who does not have an extensive criminal history if you're vehicle gets stolen and used in a crime it won't get scrapped. In regards to the scenario that was mentioned with a innocent drug dealer, this is why the compensation process exists, if there was no reason for the vehicle to be scrapped then they can receive compensation.

Also how would lowering the risk to gangs by decreasing the chances of their vehicles being scrapped when they're using them for gunfights in broad daylight improve the roleplay?

Thanks for everyone that has given feedback on this, IMO something needs to change with this rocket league meta as its boring and just results in punishment for those that dont do that and just use their car to get from turf to turf.

me being afraid to take my rumpo custom out. i have no gang affiliations. but i know triads and ballas like to take it and use it. And know itll get scrapped very quickly. I dont think this should be a re woro. however i think it should be stricter and have harder evidence. Because just its a gang vehicle in shoot out shouldnt surffice. My profile probably still has gang affiliate on so my car would probably be gone

There are some parts of the scrap policy I don't agree with, however in terms of the gang war policy it's gotten so out of control that there is very little ways to punish it. Jail time doesn't mean much until we start pushing that 3,000+ months sentences. Raiding their homes usually results in finding very little, if anything and trying to go after a storage unit is incredibly difficult and pin onto one person.

Either the gang wars need to tone down, or we have to go for these extreme measures to try and get some control over it as Police.

me being afraid to take my rumpo custom out. i have no gang affiliations. but i know triads and ballas like to take it and use it. And know itll get scrapped very quickly. I dont think this should be a re woro. however i think it should be stricter and have harder evidence. Because just its a gang vehicle in shoot out shouldnt surffice. My profile probably still has gang affiliate on so my car would probably be gone
While I do understand what you mean, FYI the courts will not scrap a vehicle based on what you have said. They do require quite concrete evidence that it was involved in the incident. 

While I do understand what you mean, FYI the courts will not scrap a vehicle based on what you have said. They do require quite concrete evidence that it was involved in the incident. 
thats what i mean tho. if its stolen and is scrapped based on was there. but i was not there. But if evidence is car was there and not who driver was. what people make it sound out to be its a risk especially the rumpo custom being the fact of what it is

If you want to stop the rocket league mentality, make the terms of a war accordingly. You know where the turfs are, approach with vehicles, get out of them, find advantage points etc and then make use of the terrain and do a house/street fight. IMO sounds a lot more fun and is more realistic. Make sure you have escape bikes/cars parked somewhere, so you can escape the police, using tunnels and other routes. This takes more planning and the value of a shootout is much higher, since it takes more effort to do so. Therefore the frequency of a shootout is reduced, as well. Make a shooting more enjoyable, a deeper expierence. Or take shootouts to remote locations (outside of the city), to have advantage and tactics you can apply, since the turf is always an advantage of the home team. 

Yes drive by shootings is common reality, but its a drive by shooting and then the offender drives off and doesn't play rocket league 😄 

This post has little to do with the threat opener, but it is a suggestion for the root problem. Cars being scrapped, to get a hold on the frequency of shootings out of cars. 

cheers

See my very detailed reply here - 

TLDR: -

1. Don't use your own personal expensive cars in gunfights / drug dealing, and then act surprised when they get taken. Think smarter, plenty of fast local cars. 
  2. Read the public courts policy so you know what to avoid doing (mainly the above), and the lengths police have to go through, to scrap your cars  https://sites.google.com/view/lscourts/policies/vehicle-policy
  3. As a civilian, your stolen car is highly unlikely to get scrapped if it's been used in a gunfight by other gangs, and mopped up by RPU. (unless it's been used by yourself for crimes before) 
  4. Appeal scraps you honestly believe were against this policy. Contact a solicitor, make an argument and you can absolutely get millions back in comp. 
  5. (My main point) Work to create a better server where drive-by gang shootings don't happen every hour, and we can look to relax our policy. At the moment, it's not even a consideration. 

Edit - Also doesn't help when half the people on this SERIOUS ROLEPLAY SERVER are playing 'Crosshair X' the majority of the time. Not a dig at anyway, I know crims and cops both use it at times but that seems crazy to me.

Hello, 

Have you read the current court policy? I do think you need to actual read and understand the court policy as it stands before making a suggestion about this honestly because there is a strike policy in place for less severe incidents. 

There is indeed a strike system in place, but it doesn't work when people are driving around the streets at 100mph crashing into each other head on, jumping out and running like nothing has happened then opening fire on each other with automatic weapons. Like this - https://medal.tv/games/gta-v/clips/evPOEhMWkT7yh/d1337U07VjUS?invite=cr-MSxSTzUsMjMyNzA0NDgs or https://gyazo.com/5a4c952197fbde055195403fc178250f. From the last week alone I could attach so many examples of these things honestly. 

The 1-strike policy applies only to OCG involved major firearms incidents.

To be completely honest, when it comes to what I mentioned above, 100mph crashing into each other head on, jumping out and running like nothing has happened then opening fire on each other with automatic weapons, what comes to mind is PLAY STUPID GAMES, WIN STUPID PRIZES.

@FatherAugustussaid it best the other day, he understands the consequences for things like this & honestly what he said resonated with - what would you think if you were a new player, join a UK Based serious RP server and this is what you seen? 

See attached last time this was suggested - 
say nothing changed for the criteria for the scrap but the owner of the vehicle is notified that they have X amount of days to get a solicitor to fight their case by fileing a report to say they are innocent with the evidence to prove it if successful they get a court date to prove they were not driver, car stolen etc. this gives time for the owner of the vehicle to fight his case to save his car. with more roleplay added for scraping. the con for this would be more time to be used up by judges to come to a conclusion with more money having to be spent to fight these legal battles.

just an idea id throw in if it hasn't already been 

Everyone's saying that a lot of concrete evidence is needed, but wasn't a vehicle recently scrapped because it was the same colour as a certain OCG group in a certain area, despite no gunshots actually being fired from the vehicle, and the owner not being a member of said group either

Everyone's saying that a lot of concrete evidence is needed, but wasn't a vehicle recently scrapped because it was the same colour as a certain OCG group in a certain area, despite no gunshots actually being fired from the vehicle, and the owner not being a member of said group either
Concrete evidence is required, and if something slips through the cracks or there is alternative evidence that can prove otherwise that the vehicle was not actually used in that way then you can go through the courts and receive compensation for the loss.

but surely a 'scrap first, ask questions later' mentality isnt healthy for the server
+1 I think it would be more beneficial if the people could go to court if they believe they are in the right and werent involved instead of scrap first, questions later because yes you can get compensated but if its one of those cars that tecnacly inst't able to be bought again it would be a serious loss for not being involved at all in the incident.

Imagine if reggie got is Mustang (1 of 1) stolen and it was fully red when he had it and it got used in a gunfight but reggie didnt have the time to mark it as stolen, well rip his car and its not gonna be compensated...

2 Wrongs don't make a right i agree that this rocket league meta sucks since it just shows the new people that actually wanna roleplay a bad impression but again there is a suggestion to kinda nerf this with the First person thing and also the car potentially being either impounded or in most cases nowdays scrapped and eventually if the person gets caught a 24 hour ban / Prison, safehouses raided ETC so i would say that eventually this will hit the gangs more than you think, people are losing loads for cars and money in these wars its a matter of time until it comes full stop.

I might be wrong here but i think gangs are bored and thats why it came to this 24/7 war situations.

but surely a 'scrap first, ask questions later' mentality isnt healthy for the server
A question has to be answered, which is 'is there sufficient evidence?' This work in the large majority of situations but occasionally there will be other evidence or there may have been mistakes which is why there is a route for compensation. 

There is a legal process to examine things in place, not just a 'scrap first, ask questions later' mentality, but like legal processes irl there can be mistakes.

A question has to be answered, which is 'is there sufficient evidence?' This work in the large majority of situations but occasionally there will be other evidence or there may have been mistakes which is why there is a route for compensation. 

There is a legal process to examine things in place, not just a 'scrap first, ask questions later' mentality, but like legal processes irl there can be mistakes.
I see what you mean but i think what reggie means is that in some cases the compensation isn't enough if the vehicle is lets say rarer.

Back