What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

VEHICLE SCRAPPING REWORK - Strike System

Anonymous Monkey

GDPR Removed
Brief Summary: 

I would like to see a rework of how police scrap vehicles. (THIS WILL BE A CONTOVERTIAL TOPIC) This is from a Gang POV but I would like to see some police opinions on this too.

Detailed Suggestion:

In the servers current state, it's starting to feel like a cops vs robbers rather than a roleplay server. I'll admit it's not the police's fault and it's the server as a whole at the moment. Huge gang shootouts being basically rocket league. Whilst I don't think that gang shootouts should be driving around at 90 MPH shooting out of a window, scrapping cars after even being seen at a gang shootout is extremely excessive and shouldn't be happening.

For example:

Gang A are at war with Gang B. There is a drug dealer with a car at the side of the road at Gang B's turf with his "stash" inside of it.
Gang A push Gang B and begin shooting out of vehicles resulting in police turning up and taking plates. Whilst driving around they see a car in Gang A's gang colour parked at the side of the road, however they have not seen anyone shoot from the vehicle as it is owned by the drug dealer. I understand that police need good evidence good evidence to scrap a vehicle, but this "scenario" is something that actually happened in game quite recently.

Example 2:

Gang A steals a car from pillbox hospital without the owner knowing at all or being able to report the vehicle as stolen. Gang A uses said stolen vehicle to shoot at Gang B. The police arrive and impound the vehicle pending a scrap. Due to the car owner not reporting it as stolen before the incident, the vehicle will be scrapped and it is up to the owner to prove that it was not him driving, and by then, the vehicle has already been scrapped and now the player can only get compensation of the vehicles worth.

STIKE SYSTEM:

I suggest that instead of scrapping cars on the first offence of a gang shooting there is a PNC feature called a strike for a vehicle.

Strike 1:
After a vehicle has been impounded due to a gang shooting or a serious crime, the vehicle is taken away from the player for 3 days with a return impound fee of 10-20k.

Strike 2:
After a vehicle has been impounded due to a gang shooting or a serious crime for the second time, the vehicle is taken away from the player for 7 days with a return impound fee of 35-50k.

Strike 3:
After a vehicle has been impounded due to a gang shooting or a serious crime for the third and final time, the vehicle is taken away from the player via the courts and should then be auctioned of at a mass server-wide event hosted at the gallery. (if the vehicle is worth auctioning)

The Pros:

• Less Grinding / Time 

At the end of the day, some people can only spend small amounts of time on the server, that they would much prefer to spend roleplaying than selling drugs or taxi driving. By having a strike feature, this means that people receive a chance to stop using that car for huge crimes and they know if it continues they'll lose it.

[*]Money

• Firstly, I completely understand that using a car for a shooting needs to be met with a suitable punishment but completely deleting the car from the server just seems very excessive for a first offence in that vehicle. At the end of the day, we all log onto this server to have fun and roleplay with other members of the community. Having to continually purchase new cars because they're getting scrapped just gets very repetitive and doesn't really solve the "car meta" problem other than just making members of the community feel angry towards police.

The Cons:

• Police Have Less Power

I'm not saying this in a salty way at all but the police may not like losing the power to be able to scrap a vehicle after one major incident.

[*]Dev Work

• Adding something like this to the PNC may be a lot of dev work however IMO worth it for the servers future.

Does this suggestion change balance on the server ?

Honestly, this will change the balance on the server as gang members do not have to spend mass amounts of money on constantly purchasing new vehicles. This however means that this money can be spent on better things to better the groups roleplay.

NOTE: I will be editing this suggestion as more comments and feedback come in so keep yourself updated if you're interested in this 🙂

but like legal processes irl there can be mistakes.
If there can be mistakes, maybe the process shouldn't be so quick then, as seen the other day when an innocent's car got scrapped, because now surely he'll have to go through the courts to get it back which can take weeks, simply because of the courts jumping the gun. Everyone's saying how much work goes into car scrapping but recently it seems the quality of evidence required has gone down substantially, i don't have a problem with cars involved in mass gang shootings getting scrapped but there needs to be evidence beyond a reasonable doubt, even more so than there is now.

Hell, even cars that have been at the scene have been getting scrapped, not even evidence of a bullet being shot from them, this was seen at the hangar fight a month ago or so where a bunch of triad/vagos cars were scrapped despite none of them actually being inside them and shooting from them.

If there can be mistakes, maybe the process shouldn't be so quick then, as seen the other day when an innocent's car got scrapped, because now surely he'll have to go through the courts to get it back which can take weeks, simply because of the courts jumping the gun. Everyone's saying how much work goes into car scrapping but recently it seems the quality of evidence required has gone down substantially, i don't have a problem with cars involved in mass gang shootings getting scrapped but there needs to be evidence beyond a reasonable doubt, even more so than there is now.

Hell, even cars that have been at the scene have been getting scrapped, not even evidence of a bullet being shot from them, this was seen at the hangar fight a month ago or so where a bunch of triad/vagos cars were scrapped despite none of them actually being inside them and shooting from them.
The evidence we need is body camera with the car and someone shooting out of it or using it to use in a manor that is assisting in the murder of an individual a hole report needs to be written with the evidence aswell

The evidence we need is body camera with the car and someone shooting out of it or using it to use in a manor that is assisting in the murder of an individual a hole report needs to be written with the evidence aswell
and that brings up this part

Gang A steals a car from pillbox hospital without the owner knowing at all or being able to report the vehicle as stolen. Gang A uses said stolen vehicle to shoot at Gang B. The police arrive and impound the vehicle pending a scrap. Due to the car owner not reporting it as stolen before the incident, the vehicle will be scrapped and it is up to the owner to prove that it was not him driving, and by then, the vehicle has already been scrapped and now the player can only get compensation of the vehicles worth.
so someone was seen shooting from it = scrap?
but the car owner was in hospital or something so couldn't report

Last edited by a moderator:
and that brings up this part

so someone was seen shooting from it = scrap?
but the car owner was in hospital or something so couldn't report
Hence my previous comment there be an X amount of days before it is scrapped to give the owner of the vehicle a chance to get a solicitor to make a case freezing the scrapping until the judges see the defence case and if the defence wins then the car isn’t scrapped and is returned if not then the car is scrapped

Hence my previous comment there be an X amount of days before it is scrapped to give the owner of the vehicle a chance to get a solicitor to make a case freezing the scrapping until the judges see the defence case and if the defence wins then the car isn’t scrapped and is returned if not then the car is scrapped
To be honest, I completely agree with this.

Also, what if this policy was changed to only be certain gang/groups that go under the 1 strike policy whereas normal civs that have a small shootout dont get their vehicles taken after one offense? 

Also, what if this policy was changed to only be certain gang/groups that go under the 1 strike policy whereas normal civs that have a small shootout dont get their vehicles taken after one offense? 
The policy is this, the one strike policy only applies to “vehicles used, by a criminal group, as part of a major firearms incident (as deemed appropriate by the judiciary)”.

The vehicles that have been falling under this part of the policy has been Vagos, Coalition, Ballas, Traids etc… no ‘normal civ’ is having their vehicles scrapped on 1-strike for a minor firearms incident.

Again, I think people need to actual read the policy before commenting on it. 

The policy is this, the one strike policy only applies to “vehicles used, by a criminal group, as part of a major firearms incident (as deemed appropriate by the judiciary)”.

The vehicles that have been falling under this part of the policy has been Vagos, Coalition, Ballas, Traids etc… no ‘normal civ’ is having their vehicles scrapped on 1-strike for a minor firearms incident.

Again, I think people need to actual read the policy before commenting on it. 
I don't think you really understood here. You want to encourage people decamping from vehicles to shoot for realism yet still scrap the cars used to get to the other gang turf. 

I don't think you really understood here. You want to encourage people decamping from vehicles to shoot for realism yet still scrap the cars used to get to the other gang turf. 
I think the idea is to encourage people to not have gunfights in broad daylight, in front of the police at all rather then just getting them out of their cars.

I would love if people would push on foot but that’s not what I replied, I’m talking about when you said below, this is the way the policy works that I explained above. 

I think the idea is to encourage people to not have gunfights in broad daylight, in front of the police at all rather then just getting them out of their cars.
Again, couldn’t agree more. Personally I think gunfights can be fun on foot and if done properly. 

Being completely honest, the part of these wars that gets me laughing is when Police arrive and certain gangs (NOT ALL OF THEM) start complaining that Police are involved, when they are quite literally murdering people in broad daylight.

I’m not going to pick on one gang here because it happens regularly, but an example are the Vagos - I won’t get into the details of the report since this isn’t the place for it, but I seen a report the other week and in the video as soon as Police arrive they took to their in game radios, OOC and then the forums to complain that Police shouldn’t be getting involved when they are literally shooting people right in front of them. It might just be missing something, but I personally think it’s crazy to think the police aren’t going to do anything about that, no? 

So as it happens, usually when you have 2 gangs fight it can be 20 or 30 people therefore not much Police can do in the moment so you’ll find that seizing cars, raiding houses, locking/raiding storage containers, S47 searches etc… are the ways we (as in RPUK cops) end up combating the events that have been happening a lot recently. 

Back