What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here 5 left!

Why are we starting to ban players for actions deserving of a warning? Or just a quick speaking to?

Dagre

Admins have tron suits for a reason, and they play in game for a reason. Last time I checked, it wasn't to ban people for making little mistakes? It's so tiring seeing that people got banned for dumb things, like 'carrying two people'. I've had that done to me by police multiple times, when did it cross the line from it happens sometimes, to ban on the spot? Surely if the admin in question just teleported to them, mentioned the guys mistake and moved on. I mean, it probably takes less time to talk in game rectifying the mistake, than it does to type the ban message. If he did it again, well rip. I'm not asking the admins to go have a long chat with every random guy who comes in and breaks rules. But when they're such small things, like accidental VDM, swearing, exploits that on a lot of other communities aren't even exploits. As Wilco once stated to me, he can't write down every single rule. So how can we be expected to guess them all? It's not game breaking, it's not ruining anyone's experience. No different to people getting banned, for mistakes in gunfights. THIS IS A COMBAT GAME. Gunfights happen. The whole game is made for shooting at shit. So when a random civ who's got a telephone pylon for an MK1 on his back runs in, who's completely unidentifiable since metagaming is the worst thing since the holocaust, runs in and gets shot. Why are players getting banned for that? It should just be accepted that mistakes happen, comp and move on. Do people actually get pleasure out of banning people? This is meant to be a community, and for a long time it's been a great one. But when you've got people who so called 'invested' into it, STATING they didn't even bother to try and resolve a situation before the report, kinda says a lot. 

We need admins to watch ous, we need admins tell ous when we are on the line of crossing over to the dark side. But we dont need admins who gets pissed off for less. 

We need players that know when they did something wrong (like running into a gunfight and get killed). Instead of players that do this and go "TS lobby now" 

I need UNMC, and summer! 

Love 

PS. 

We are all here in an common interest! We are all friends, or could be friends. 

Admins have tron suits for a reason, and they play in game for a reason. Last time I checked, it wasn't to ban people for making little mistakes? It's so tiring seeing that people got banned for dumb things, like 'carrying two people'. I've had that done to me by police multiple times, when did it cross the line from it happens sometimes, to ban on the spot? Surely if the admin in question just teleported to them, mentioned the guys mistake and moved on. I mean, it probably takes less time to talk in game rectifying the mistake, than it does to type the ban message. If he did it again, well rip. I'm not asking the admins to go have a long chat with every random guy who comes in and breaks rules. But when they're such small things, like accidental VDM, swearing, exploits that on a lot of other communities aren't even exploits. As Wilco once stated to me, he can't write down every single rule. So how can we be expected to guess them all? It's not game breaking, it's not ruining anyone's experience. No different to people getting banned, for mistakes in gunfights. THIS IS A COMBAT GAME. Gunfights happen. The whole game is made for shooting at shit. So when a random civ who's got a telephone pylon for an MK1 on his back runs in, who's completely unidentifiable since metagaming is the worst thing since the holocaust, runs in and gets shot. Why are players getting banned for that? It should just be accepted that mistakes happen, comp and move on. Do people actually get pleasure out of banning people? This is meant to be a community, and for a long time it's been a great one. But when you've got people who so called 'invested' into it, STATING they didn't even bother to try and resolve a situation before the report, kinda says a lot. 
Couldnt of said it any better.

When we decide to warn people they complain about it and complain on us to the management people. When we warn players, other players complain to the management.

We were taught a simple philosophy of ban/kick them, and let them appeal to explain their actions. Unless it's for minor things, some staff will warn, some will not. 

When we decide to warn people they complain about it and complain on us to the management people. When we warn players, other players complain to the management.

We were taught a simple philosophy of ban/kick them, and let them appeal to explain their actions. Unless it's for minor things, some staff will warn, some will not. 
I'm baffled at why people would complain at a warning rather than a ban.

I warn... occasionally- I mean, it's very dependent on what the rule is, etc.

For a quick example; If I see someone break this rule:

(6.4)[COLOR= rgb(191, 191, 191)] You are unable to lockpick or steal vehicles in a greenzone (Punishment is a ban)[/COLOR]

...I will pop down to them, say hello and tell them to stop. If they don't - I ban. If they do - well, that's one less appeal for the Staff team.

Unban appeals are very useful- it allows the appealing player to say their part and explain why they did something.

The ban first, questions later method is very good. I personally think that if we began to gave more warnings - people would begin to take the p*ss a bit... at the minute, you don't break rules because you know that you will be banned regardless.... however, if you knew that the staff team gave a lot of warnings, many people might be that little more inclind to break a rule knowing that all they'll receive is a slap on the wrist....

Ofcourse if the player has been wrongly banned - the ban doesn't count on their record and it is resolved easily

Understood? :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree with the warn stuff... While in prison my friend pushed me out which caused me to get glitched out wich is seen as an exploit... and now im stuck with a ban. Arrogantbread saw me outside the prison cause i dind know how to get back in. He just banned me i would appricate if he atleast warned me and put me back in

I warn... occasionally- I mean, it's very dependent on what the rule is, etc.

For a quick example; If I see someone break this rule:

(6.4) You are unable to lockpick or steal vehicles in a greenzone (Punishment is a ban)

...I will pop down to them, say hello and tell them to stop. If they don't - I ban. If they do - well, that's one less appeal for the Staff team.

Unban appeals are very useful- it allows the appealing player to say their part and explain why they did something.

The ban first, questions later method is very good. I personally think that if we began to gave more warnings - people would begin to take the p*ss a bit... at the minute, you don't break rules because you know that you will be banned regardless.... however, if you knew that the staff team gave a lot of warnings, many people might be that little more inclind to break a rule knowing that all they'll receive is a slap on the wrist....

Ofcourse if the player has been wrongly banned - the ban doesn't count on their record and it is resolved easily

Understood? :)

The issue with a kick/ban policy is that unbans are clearly defined as the lowest priority. So if I do something, and an admin decides to ban me on the spot. I could wait two months to be told it was incorrect to begin with? Had they pulled me to one side it could have been rectified immediately.

There are multiple communities who have various warning systems yet you don't see it being abused, since I think if a community member valued their position enough they'd care enough to listen to the admin the first time. 

I agree with the warn stuff... While in prison my friend pushed me out which caused me to get glitched out wich is seen as an exploit... and now im stuck with a ban. Arrogantbread saw me outside the prison cause i dind know how to get back in. He just banned me i would appricate if he atleast warned me and put me back in
Thats not what the picture on your unban appeal says?...

I have seen a guy getting banned for not calling the police ingame because they had a "car accident" and thats so stupid considering people get only 2 chances here.

I somewhat agree... 

If you could just teleport the chap and speak to him instead of instant ban... 

It's a game after all...

Some souls are of course lost forever and just deserve a straight up ban, but luckily you can distinguish them from the chaps who are willing to listen.

I somewhat agree... 

If you could just teleport the chap and speak to him instead of instant ban... 

It's a game after all...

Some souls are of course lost forever and just deserve a straight up ban, but luckily you can distinguish them from the chaps who are willing to listen.
100% true, its a game and you guys a treating it like its some big disaster every single mistake anyone makes shouldnt you attempt to work the small ones and if they do it again you get rid of them?

The problem is, this community has dickheads, lovely people, people who couldn't care less. Put all them into one bowl and use one system of 'ban first question later' stops people that got banned for a simple violation complaining that someone who broke the same rule got a warning. If staff paint all rules with the same brush and lap that on all the players then everyone gets fair treatment.

Couldn't agree more with Dagre.

I understand that we have a very strict rule set here, but i just don't see why a ingame admin cant TP someone away(I know they do, do this, but possibly not enough) and say look that aint right, if the person is clearly taking the pisss then goodbye, but if it's someone who comes on here everyday to relax a verbal warning should be said, take the chaps name down if you want so if he messes about anymore he's gone.

I know this is very very unlikely to happen but if someone breaks a minor rule there should be no need for a permanent ban until appealed. a ban for 1-4 weeks depending on what the said person has done.

But at the end of the day the ban system is effective, just good people get caught up in it. 

Pitty.

There are no admins here ;) Please refer to them as the Staff Team or Management depending who it is.

But for the record, its a lot quicker to issue a ban as per our very simple process than argue with a player for 10 mins.

Last edited by a moderator:
There are no admins here ;) Please refer to them as the Staff Team or Management depending who it is.

But for the record, its a lot quicker to issue a ban as per our very simple process than argue with a player for 10 mins.
well i'd say then tell them what they did wrong, if they disagree ban them. this way there wont be any arguing i suppose

It is quick but sometimes it is unnecessary, perhaps like the 'report a player' section where it says 'have you tried to resolve this situation with the player?' It should be encouraged for in game admins(member support) to actually approach the player in game and ask if he knows what he did wrong, then go on from there. 

Just a thought.....

@Gregory - Is someone who i see all the times , walk up too people and say in the nicest way possible your talking to an Admins and say "you cant be doing what you are doing mate, you cant call this game Arma ( or what ever rule they broke if it was a small one) , and please don't do it again. So I will say not all Staff Members ban on sight. 

Back