What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Why are we starting to ban players for actions deserving of a warning? Or just a quick speaking to?

I don't know why they were banned, but lets just get back in game an have fun. the unban appeal can be dealt with swiftly. Our staff work hard, mistakes can be made, but I'd rather they ban for something they believe is wrong than let a rule breaker get away with it.
Amen.

I'm baffled at why people would complain at a warning rather than a ban.
I had to ban someone from teamspeak as they kept spamming that they wanted compensation for their gear after they were kicked for being offensive in side chat.

I had to ban someone from teamspeak as they kept spamming that they wanted compensation for their gear after they were kicked for being offensive in side chat.
I just don't think you can assume the minority to be like the average player. i know for a fact you've been in a room when I've been acting up. But we can't expect every player to be like that. That's the issue currently. Painting every player with the same brush. 

mistakes can be made, but I'd rather they ban for something they believe is wrong than let a rule breaker get away with it.
Not sure if im reading this right,maybe its because its 6AM but you would rather ban someone and not be sure if he actually did something wrong then to let a rulebreaker free? Hobos break rules in kavala 24/7 and only 5% of them get reported, so if there is no admin in kavala 95% of rulebreakers get away free. 

Considering you get only 2 chances here, dont you think the admin should be sure he broke a rule before getting banned? You could argue getting banned is kinda similar to getting sent to prison. And one wise man once said "It is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer"

There are no admins btw..... it keeps being said, there are none... nil...nada!
I genuinely don't mean this in a bad way. But something has to change. I feel that if 40 people have liked my post. And let's be honest, I'm one of the worst people in the community for starting shit. From the ALUK wiki leak, to the post that lead to PLF blanket ban. I mean, something has to change. Surely you must see that the whole ban culture has to change? 

It s not stated in the rules that if someone complies with you and they let you rob them you can t kill them afterwards, although it s bannable.IRL if someone has a gun pointed  at your head, he  can do whatever he wants..

It s not stated in the rules that if someone complies with you and they let you rob them you can t kill them afterwards, although it s bannable.IRL if someone has a gun pointed  at your head, he  can do whatever he wants..
I would say thats classified as RDM. Theres no point in killing someone if they do as you tell them.

i think we should all respect the admins because look what they have done for all of us they made altislife.co.uk and they made it better for players like me but sometimes we make mistakes but as you can see we are the ones who make the mistakes not them so just respect the admins for even letting us play on this community.

I genuinely don't mean this in a bad way. But something has to change. I feel that if 40 people have liked my post. And let's be honest, I'm one of the worst people in the community for starting shit. From the ALUK wiki leak, to the post that lead to PLF blanket ban. I mean, something has to change. Surely you must see that the whole ban culture has to change? 
Maybe if you read more than your likes.... You're getting answers.

I honestly think this should be locked because I see this turning into a major shit storm. I feel we should respect everyone in the community and especially the VOULENTEER staff who are also human and gamers too. Their word is final and they do a great job. When you join the server you get a popup saying that you agree there are no warnings. People should read this and make sure to read the rules and use common sense. 

I personaly dont thing this should be locked yet.
Because i also are one of thos who agree on that the ban culture on this server needs to change.

I think all people are saying is that they would like leniency in certain cases rather than an instant ban that they have to appeal (when they can only get 2 chances in the community) as somebody could of spent a year here and made a silly mistake and its all over for them....

I don't think people are trying to cause shit its just asking for a bit of leniency in certain cases

My simple opinion on this is that players who have been around for a long time and are generally very respectable players get banned for silly small things when people who generally deserve it for doing much worse get the same punishment. For example, a friend of mine got banned not to long ago for attempting to steal a police car in the greenzone. After he had driven a few metres he realised it was in the greenzone but was banned before he could do anything about it (being his second ban he now cant play for 6 months and likely wont have the incentive to return). If the situation was handled differently where the admin had talked to him and my friend had a chance to explain things probably would have gone differently and he wouldn't have received such a harsh punishment. If it were up to me this wouldnt be the case and staff should try to speak with rulebreakers whenever possible. Staff are all human, we get that, but so are the players.

Just my opinion ofc

I think that we all have to remember it is a game and I know how serious we take it but everyone makes mistakes, and for someone who has been banned in their first month of playing I feel as though if I make one more mistake I'm gone for good because I'm on my last chance however the ban I had previous was 6-7 months ago so I feel it's wrong to count it as it was when I first joined the server.

I think that we all have to remember it is a game and I know how serious we take it but everyone makes mistakes, and for someone who has been banned in their first month of playing I feel as though if I make one more mistake I'm gone for good because I'm on my last chance however the ban I had previous was 6-7 months ago so I feel it's wrong to count it as it was when I first joined the server.
Yeah i'm the same domm, when you first join the server you make stupid mistakes and get banned for it and then it stays with you for the rest of your ALUK life.

Alot of people are in the same boat.

Yeah i'm the same domm, when you first join the server you make stupid mistakes and get banned for it and then it stays with you for the rest of your ALUK life.

Alot of people are in the same boat.
Legit thats my problem now, Fresh off the boat I messed up and now It has came back to haunt me

Legit thats my problem now, Fresh off the boat I messed up and now It has came back to haunt me
Exactly mate, i mean iv'e been here almost a year and 1 mistake or something like that and that could be the end of ALUK for me.

Don't get me wrong people should be punished for rule breaks but abit of leniency would help us all out.

I honestly think this should be locked because I see this turning into a major shit storm. I feel we should respect everyone in the community and especially the VOULENTEER staff who are also human and gamers too. Their word is final and they do a great job. When you join the server you get a popup saying that you agree there are no warnings. People should read this and make sure to read the rules and use common sense. 
This should not be locked at all, this is people trying to put across what they think, which is needed. All I have seen so far is constrictive comments.....

From some!

Last edited by a moderator:
You bought another account after being banned the second time after you had a previous ban and got caught after your last ban. So technically you had three chances. Don't try and get the pity from the community.

If people want the ban culture to change, first I would say start with the report playing culture. About 90 percent of the reports could be resolved easily, I see reports lately where the person says "yeah I did it I screwed up I'm sorry can I comp you" and the reporter wants the person banned.

Another thing that needs to change in this community is the pride people have to not admit mistakes. In my one year here I've never been reported, banned, and the few times I've had an issue if I made a genuine mistake most of the time I've admitted "whoops" instead of trying to defend my actions. A lot of the teamspeak disputes I've sat in on it becomes a mess where someone refuses to admit they've done anything wrong when in reality they have.

We also tried changing the ban culture, we gave a certain person 5 chances including police community service and in return he decides to DDOS a forum moderator. We gave NHS community service to someone and he decides to combat log after his 3rd chance. It didn't work so we went back to our old system.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back