What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Why are we starting to ban players for actions deserving of a warning? Or just a quick speaking to?

Maybe instead of banning on spot there could be kicks for a certain amount of time instead of banning?

1 day ban for breaking/poor RP

1 week for a VDM

etc.
Or just a permanent ban that they can appeal for ignoring warnings to read the rules upon joining the server?

I feel like a lot of people here would prefer to get VDM'd and all their hard work blown up and died and then to see the guy get banned for 1 week than to see him get permanently removed from the server for ruining people's game play!

If people knew that VDM/RDM came with a bloody cooldown or time on the naughty step, I'm sure many people's motives would be "I'll just rdm this guy... I'll only have 2 days on the step and I'll be back"

Is it really too much to ask just to read some rules and follow them?

Sorry, I wasn't going to comment but time outs are just stupid.  It's how you would treat children for knocking their plate over or something, not people in an adult community that should take 20 minutes to read through the server rules.

I hate to say it, but there are some players who are lazy and do not read the rules on the clickable links, or even come to the website even though it's plastered everywhere. Sometimes the only reason they know of the existence of our TS/Website is because they've been banned.

Even though there are players, support, billboards, server messages all referencing altislife.co.uk

Or just a permanent ban that they can appeal for ignoring warnings to read the rules upon joining the server?

I feel like a lot of people here would prefer to get VDM'd and all their hard work blown up and died and then to see the guy get banned for 1 week than to see him get permanently removed from the server for ruining people's game play!

If people knew that VDM/RDM came with a bloody cooldown or time on the naughty step, I'm sure many people's motives would be "I'll just rdm this guy... I'll only have 2 days on the step and I'll be back"

Is it really too much to ask just to read some rules and follow them?

Sorry, I wasn't going to comment but time outs are just stupid.  It's how you would treat children for knocking their plate over or something, not people in an adult community that should take 20 minutes to read through the server rules.
I don't think you are correct on this point, being removed from your favorite community for 1 week is a big deal and most of the time people think twice before they do such a thing again. If the person for example gets unbanned after 1 week and breaks the rule again he could get a permanent ban.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Wilco@DainMK@Thesoldier@Jamz @Mr Cardoso

Thanks for all of your replies (and everyone else too of course!). They were all educating, and I feel that this post has done exactly what I set out for it to do which was open up the discussions of bans in a less aggressive way than it usually is. 

There are no admins here ;) Please refer to them as the Staff Team or Management depending who it is.

But for the record, its a lot quicker to issue a ban as per our very simple process than argue with a player for 10 mins.
I agree its quicker. If a admin sees it in game they can ban. But a member reporting a member without anything being said to one another? Doesn't that go against the whole adult community thing? 

Back