What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here 5 left!

Border Wars - Altis Life

sites on the map like the Athira PD will change to be 'trashed' by Poseidon in the event of a Poseidon favoured border. 
Will we also get the ability to pull vehicles, buy gear, and spawn in some of these locations?

Thank you devs for this, but honestly stop complaining about gear, if you don’t like it don’t go.

ill be playing as Poseidon and rebel and probs spend a lot of money, end of the day we don’t know what to expect. We might loose money or we might make a lot of money 

Tweaks can be done later, for example increasing the money earned from the zones or reduction of prices in gear sets 

@Nuclear currently this is the Poseidon knocked back border - The Poseidon Drug Stash being outside Poseidon land has been noted, but I think this might make an interesting dynamic. This of course isn't final and if you think it would be better in a different arrangement I am open to ideas.

pol.png

Not my problem.
exactly so why are you saying we should play rebel then it was suggested. police and poseidon cammand said there were discusions about well maybe this is a start to like you know actualy make it happen or maybe not. 

exactly so why are you saying we should play rebel then it was suggested. police and poseidon cammand said there were discusions about well maybe this is a start to like you know actualy make it happen or maybe not. 
Because i find it stupid. Go on holiday and rob it.

Don't remember any promises about Police and Poseidon command discusing that, nor were there any discussions, noone in Poseidon leadership is up for that anyways (as far as i'm aware),  Imo you are cops not robbers, if you wanna rob stuff hop over to our side or go on holiday.

This topic is about border-wars so stay on topic.

i think if rebels, capture these zones, meybe each one will have a different purpose?

- Access to purchase, certain things

- | Cheaper MRAPS |

- or some cool guns, or meybe the ability, to craft a minigun quilin or smth, 

- cheaper guns?

or if rebels gets the zones, Athira/Pyrgos Posedion/police spawn gets disabled?

i think if rebels, capture these zones, meybe each one will have a different purpose?

- Access to purchase, certain things

- | Cheaper MRAPS |

- or some cool guns, or meybe the ability, to craft a minigun quilin or smth, 

- cheaper guns?

or if rebels gets the zones, Athira/Pyrgos Posedion/police spawn gets disabled?
this is border wars against police/poseidon rebels are just there to mess with them and to earn cash and have fun 

Looks sick ngl. Very glad the community has been listened to and this is getting implemented.

I have a few concerns however:

- SPAWNS / GEARING

Police have good spawns. Poseidon have okay spawns ( depends on where the border is I guess ). Rebels have awful spawns. Simple suggestion, add a REBEL OUTPOST near the edge of the redzone where rebels can spawn and gear ( similar to how the REBEL FOB is placed ). IDK if its meant for Poseidon / Police to have very close of very far spawns but tbh could add a Poseidon FOB nearby.

- FACTION RESTRICTIONS

Right this is a big one, Police have 40 slots and free gear. Poseidon have 25. Don't really need to expand on this. Either limit both or Police. Keep in mind Poseidon have better weapons and vehicles but then have to pay. Id say 15 vs 15. Anything more would be a zerg and very laggy.

- PAYOUT

it wasn't really clear in the post if Poseidon get money from kills / points or rebels money from kills. Think this is pretty important tbh. Probably would stick with the current payouts from kills for the redzones ( I dont agree with them and I think they should be upped but that's a different suggestion ). Otherwise not much point playing as rebel if you don't get money from kills / points.

- NLR

Guessing it follows 5 minutes with instant bleedout. If not it probably should.

Obviously you have only shown 5 of the smaller caps but so far they look good. Happy to give suggestions for some good compounds. Rather not fight over some fields / rocks. There are plenty of decent compounds to pick

- FACTIONS CAN PLAY REBEL

If it gets made to be 15vs15 there will be a decent number of cops / poseidon with not much to do. Since people will only rly log on for border wars I say let the remaining pos / police play rebel for that restart. Then we can get some big rebel gangs contesting

Looking forward to it, thanks devs for the great work keeping the server fresh

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Facepalm
Reactions: Ji
@AlexBear hits on a very important fact in my eyes with all them comments.

FACTION RESTRICTIONS very important

This defo needs to be looked into, Am not sure does the police have current restrictions on how many mraps they can pull out at a time as Poseidon does.

also just a though but obliviously a lot further down the lines it might be worth making everyone pay for there gear on this specific event make it fair.

i now some will slam this as we have been here before time and time again but if i was to go back to this event say 4 times that would be 1.1mil in gear id have to pay.

I honestly dont know how much police pay but listening to peoples concerns that would be around say 160k if they came back 4 times as an example.

Rebels could end up paying more again if they chose the mk1 load out to match cops just thinking out loud here.

i think it would be a great idea if the heads of factions could discus all this before it goes live like iam sure you all will.  

also i now alot of hard work and planning has gone into this i for one appreciate it.

@AlexBear hits on a very important fact in my eyes with all them comments.

FACTION RESTRICTIONS very important

This defo needs to be looked into, Am not sure does the police have current restrictions on how many mraps they can pull out at a time as Poseidon does.

also just a though but obliviously a lot further down the lines it might be worth making everyone pay for there gear on this specific event make it fair.

i now some will slam this as we have been here before time and time again but if i was to go back to this event say 4 times that would be 1.1mil in gear id have to pay.

I honestly dont know how much police pay but listening to peoples concerns that would be around say 160k if they came back 4 times as an example.

Rebels could end up paying more again if they chose the mk1 load out to match cops just thinking out loud here.

i think it would be a great idea if the heads of factions could discus all this before it goes live like iam sure you all will.  

also i now alot of hard work and planning has gone into this i for one appreciate it.
2 mraps are the limit for cops if i am not mistaken 

Well...this is a nice idea for a KOTH or Wasteland server. Kind of curious about how it will work on a "RP" server.
I think it's important to highlight that this is a single restart event each week - whilst there may be a population of people who don't want to have a gunfight every now and then, I think the majority of our current Altis Life player base doesn't fall into this category. As always we have to split a balance and make sure we are catering to everyone, and this is one of the largest voted suggestions for the server.

Obviously you have only shown 5 of the smaller caps but so far they look good. Happy to give suggestions for some good compounds. Rather not fight over some fields / rocks. There are plenty of decent compounds to pick
  Open for ideas, feel free to reply here with them

- NLR

Guessing it follows 5 minutes with instant bleedout. If not it probably should.
  NLR works exactly like the current zones, and all relevant rules apply

- PAYOUT

it wasn't really clear in the post if Poseidon get money from kills / points or rebels money from kills. Think this is pretty important tbh. Probably would stick with the current payouts from kills for the redzones ( I dont agree with them and I think they should be upped but that's a different suggestion ). Otherwise not much point playing as rebel if you don't get money from kills / points.
  The payouts work like the current zones, so Poseidon will get money as usual.

Will we also get the ability to pull vehicles, buy gear, and spawn in some of these locations?
We are considering moving the FOBs to the zones, so potentially.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back