What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Border Wars - Altis Life

I think it's important to highlight that this is a single restart event each week - whilst there may be a population of people who don't want to have a gunfight every now and then, I think the majority of our current Altis Life player base doesn't fall into this category. As always we have to split a balance and make sure we are catering to everyone, and this is one of the largest voted suggestions for the server.

Open for ideas, feel free to reply here with them

NLR works exactly like the current zones, and all relevant rules apply

The payouts work like the current zones, so Poseidon will get money as usual.

We are considering moving the FOBs to the zones, so potentially.
I mean while you are on it. Would it not be better to swich to a event server with limit factions slots and for better fps.

Currently in my bed on my iPad so expect typos

Thanks @Ciaranfor what is obviously a load of hard work, love that you even edited the PD and stuff as well.

Alex makes great points, in my original google doc on the suggestions there were 5 points each zone in good places for fights (they were kinda small i comparison to the screenshot) o any suggestion for moving the caps, I’d say look at that first. 

Rebels, even though this is obviously a faction bs faction event,  I think are gonna have loads of fun pissing off the factions in this. However id say instead of them earning money for kills they can control the points too and instead of points they earn cash from it, gives them an incentive to actually stick around.

Poseidon rewards should be bigger, I envisioned this event as: Poseidon trying to push their border forward against police to try and take control of the island . In RP Athira id a main town, with a factory complex and banks etc Poseidon imo should receive discounts on gear and vehicles at least if they win, ,like originally suggested or else it just becomes a struggle to not lose their birder each week as opposed to a fight for them to get good stuff.

Can I assume that thev3 zones are basically the same as the original suggestion?

Based on Alex’s point about restricting numbers, this event is basically built for SPEC Units, so I’d say allowed to go are 2 AR patrols, with the guests they can take, this amounts to 16 cops (8 max per patrol, which is the TS limit for the channels) and then Poseidon just use their foreign operation channel and take whoever they want.

I’ll edit this, later with more stuff, I hate going on an iPad lol

I mean if your turning up I think we're safe 😘
You’re in his #1 brooooooo

Based on Alex’s point about restricting numbers, this event is basically built for SPEC Units, so I’d say allowed to go are 2 AR patrols, with the guests they can take, this amounts to 16 cops (8 max per patrol, which is the TS limit for the channels) and then Poseidon just use their foreign operation channel and take whoever they want.
I personally think 16 cops and 16 Poseidon is way too many. Since on here, there are only a few gangs with large amounts of people. Personally I think 10 of each faction should be allowed to go to this event and ar and Lobos get first pick then after a certain time it becomes first come first serve to anyone else within the faction that wants to play.

I think that rebels should have more of a part to play in this event aswell. where if a rebel gang wins by getting the most points they get a payout of 50mill split between all the members that are playing.

I think thats unfair on the rest of the cops who aren't a part of the AR friendship group. lets not try limit this event as to who can join.

Poseidon are effectively a whitelisted rebel group. They spend their hours taxing rebels for protection and brokering truces with gangs etc. maybe they should try enlisting assistance of rebels to force back the police. Who should (in theory) be the strongest force on the island.

because 40 cops (who shouldnt be able to enlist rebel help) against 25 poseidon (who can negotiate deals with criminals) seems like a very fair fight to me, if not more in favour of poseidon.

Last edited by a moderator:
winters bear in mind it would be 16 spread across an entire zone with 5 caps

I think 10 of each faction should be allowed to go to this event and ar and Lobos get first pick
This is literally Reborn Warzone rules... think of something original first. This is literally an event targeted towards the factions, so putting such a low cap on numbers is rediculous.

Personally I don’t see any point in initial restrictions, as the chances of 40 cops actually connecting to come is highly unlikely. Don’t regulate this at all for the start and see how it goes. If restrictions do get put in place, I think they should be capped at 25 police, and then Poseidon already have a 25 player cap. Everyone is happy. This equates to 5 people fighting each zone from the faction, and you can half that down to 2/3 due to people being on NLR and needing to travel back up to the fight 

@Winters2 This is a poseidon/cop event supplemented by rebels. so 16v16 isnt way too many.

I think people should think more about the RP aspects of poseidon/cop negotiating and brokering truces with rebels in order to win them the fight. because to be fair, this fight could easily be swayed by one rebel group (even if there numbers don't equal 16)

So I'm gonna throw my opinion out here but ill try to separate it onto points for a clearer view.

The event in it self should maybe not be only faction based? Since aight the rebels by themselves gain money from kills and from ticking points. There was something posted on this forums a while ago and for the love of me I cant find it ( just suck at searching I guess?) that said something of the following :

If police win gun prices stay the same
If poseidon win gun prices are reduced by 5-10%
If rebels win gun prices gets reduced even more 15%?

This is gonna combat a few thing :

It will probably prevent teaming from cops and rebels or rebels and poseidon.
It gives rebels actually something to fight for since 15% decress and combine it with a decressed vehicle price.
Why would we exclude the faction that both whitelisted faction literally need to have anything to do at all? Or lemme word it better why would rebels be excluded from having a major benefit?

Now down to something else :

POSEIDON : (gonna put this here since im in poseidon this could be seen as biased)
- Jesse already pointed out that even if you only die every 10 minutes the ammount of money we would spend for gear in itself would NEVER be payed back from the 10% drug price increase.

- Maybe make it so that if poseidon wins we get cheaper gear and vehicle % based ofc.

- This one is out here but. Instead of the paycheck increase why not make it so that poseidon make a certain % from all gun's sold at Rebel outpost, Advanced (I would personally leave Rebel FOB out of it cuz the ammount of guns bought there is alot?)

POLICE:

- As said before in this thread since cops do not pay money for their gear there should be a limit on the ammount of them who can join the event in itself. Now if its better to cap that at 15 or 10 thats up to the dev's and input of others. Priority should be Command >AR > NCA.

- This was already talked about but the MRAP limit should stay in place with 3.

- Maybe limit or dont allow the usage of teargas and flashbangs? (Strong Maybe here)

- Give cops if they win the ability to see the normal drug locations as a reward since some of them were complaining about it taking forever for normal units to find and verify all locations.

In the end of it all while this border war is more of a cop vs poseidon with rebels annoying both  it would include rebels into the fight and give them a reason to fight for.
Cuz in the end of it borders means shit if theres no Rebels.

In the end of it all while this border war is more of a cop vs poseidon with rebels annoying both  it would include rebels into the fight and give them a reason to fight for.
Cuz in the end of it borders means shit if theres no Rebels.
nah, this is all a trick. if theres 40 cops on the plebs will be doing a HM every time. easy, stretch them 40 police thin!

Athira bank belongs to the plebs!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
can the cap points be a flag where you "choose" who you are supporting.... so that rebels can influence the war without overtaking it.

can the cap points be a flag where you "choose" who you are supporting.... so that rebels can influence the war without overtaking it.
Rebels can just target whoever is winning no? same effect with 0 extra dev work

Honestly I disagree with this, just have rebels choose who they wanna target, and I think rebels will just target both factions.

Rebels can just target whoever is winning no? same effect with 0 extra dev work
Hmm.... taking points from one faction =/= helping another faction. 

but I think my comment is more of one after we see how it first goes 

Back