What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Fighting from vehicles discussion and poll

How would you like to fight?

• No change.

Votes: 91 34.7%
  • Driver can't shoot, passengers should still be able.

Votes: 40 15.3%
  • No shooting from cars what so ever.

Votes: 7 2.7%
  • No shooting from cars and bikes what so ever.

Votes: 11 4.2%
  • First person only for shooting from vehicles (bikes and cars).

Votes: 113 43.1%

• Total voters
No, im saying its not supposed to be Fair, going up against the police should be a huge undertaking.
Thats not saying that every PC should be a juggernaut tho 🙂
I see what you saying but the thing is most people have stopped fighting police or atleast its less common than before, its more of the you fighting someone and within 1 second you have police there because you shot 2 shots even if you are on top of mount chilliad.

Last edited by a moderator:
I see what you saying but the thing is most people have stopped fighting police or atleast its less common than before, its more of the you fighting someone and within 1 second you have police there because you shot 2 shots even if you are on top of mount chilliad.
That's what I mean how can you say improve crim on crim and just not negate the powers of police, the more imbalance you cause will just end up decreasing the playability of crims even further, if you dont understand the crim perspective you wont be able to create a cohesive server environment between the factions 

crims vs police is supposed to be a fair fight, its not.
I think you're missing the point people are making. I don't think anyone is saying police shouldn't have the edge on crims, people are saying that the police have too much of an edge currently and forcing this change would further that divide. Crims are going to fight police at some points in roleplay, whether it be at a bank robbery gone wrong, a hostage situation gone bad, or some other roleplay situation that warrants a police vs gang shootout. People want it to be fun and engaging as it should be, however, currently it's just unfair and pointless. To have fun on the server in my opinion there has to be an element of risk and reward, right now I'm risking a lot of money to do any hostile roleplay with the police and I'm almost always guaranteed a loss. Losing when you had zero chance of winning to begin with is not fun. Right now myself and other people avoid intercepting evidence convoys, doing heists and generally avoiding any hostile roleplay with the police at all because it is a lose lose and not fun at all. Is that what police want? A server where nobody intercepts a prisoner or evidence transport because it's impossible to pull off? A server where people don't bring firearms to a heist because they're useless against police? 

I have been in the server for about 2 years and so far what i have seen in terms of balance as been.

Police changes:

-Multiple scopes/guns added

-Helmet armor

-Faster vehicles/ More vehicles

-10k storage truck 

- Drones

- Flashbangs

Crims changes:

- Storage containers

- Abilty to occasionalt be able to get out of cuffs

Some of the Police changes are warranted like the flashbangs and helmets i do agree that was a change that was fine but when we went to the drones and 10k storage truck i was like what?

I think you're missing the point people are making. I don't think anyone is saying police shouldn't have the edge on crims, people are saying that the police have too much of an edge currently and forcing this change would further that divide. Crims are going to fight police at some points in roleplay, whether it be at a bank robbery gone wrong, a hostage situation gone bad, or some other roleplay situation that warrants a police vs gang shootout. People want it to be fun and engaging as it should be, however, currently it's just unfair and pointless. To have fun on the server in my opinion there has to be an element of risk and reward, right now I'm risking a lot of money to do any hostile roleplay with the police and I'm almost always guaranteed a loss. Losing when you had zero chance of winning to begin with is not fun. Right now myself and other people avoid intercepting evidence convoys, doing heists and generally avoiding any hostile roleplay with the police at all because it is a lose lose and not fun at all. Is that what police want? A server where nobody intercepts a prisoner or evidence transport because it's impossible to pull off? A server where people don't bring firearms to a heist because they're useless against police? 
Also this is a good point, when have you see  the last evidence convoy being done, because correct me if i am wrong but nobody even cared to hit the last 2 because one time police decided to put machetes in the convoy and people were like whats the point so thats one less thing for people to engage in.

Currenly the activity from crims in terms of playing as been detioraiting, last bank that was done we didnt even get the chance to roleplay and it was a instant breach without us having any chance to open our mouths luckly it worked out but like i said in the past what do you feel like its gonna happen with all the current tools police have because back in the day breaching a bank was a common topic, imagine now with the current gear how thats gonna turn out.

TLDR both sides have bad apples and good apples but which sides bad apples can punish the other more?

I agree police should have a edge but at some point it will become like superman against shaun the sheep.

I think what alot of people here have misconceptions about is that crims vs police is supposed to be a fair fight, its not.
Look at the resources they have, the infrastructure is built for the police to always have the advantage in most if not all situations.

What our focus should be on is how a change like this would affect crim vs crim situations because it doesn't matter who you are, police will always win in the end.
Still meant to be fun for everybody is it not? There has to be balance between crim and police for it to be enjoyable for both sides. This change that you want would just make the server even more police sided than it already is. There is no such thing as a "smart criminal" because the server doesn't allow it. Ernie is 100% right by saying that most people nowadays avoid banks, attacking evidence convoys because of the police, is that really the direction the server should move towards?

(Which isn’t free btw)

Why have you got to make it about police xDD
Blaming police is always the scapegoat and easy counter argument for crims, didn’t you know? Just hopping on the bandwagon. 

but seriously, my first point does still stand that it would be a big advantage for police as it essentially almost forces foot fights, which against police is always impossible with the sling SIG’s + head armour 

ive played servers that have this, its terrible. that being said it will help with the crazy 20 on 20 car wars lol they are ridiculous but they look fun tbf. this will completely change the way gangs fight imo, the only problem i have with it is its proper dodgy it just feels shit. could be a good thing tho.

Blaming police is always the scapegoat and easy counter argument for crims, didn’t you know? Just hopping on the bandwagon. 

but seriously, my first point does still stand that it would be a big advantage for police as it essentially almost forces foot fights, which against police is always impossible with the sling SIG’s + head armour 
This isnt a cops and robbers server mate. Idk why your so certain on trying to take this suggestion off topic by talking about other suggestions that would affect the police, this affects everyone

-Faster vehicles/ More vehicles
we've not gotten faster or more vehicles, merely had or fleet change, speedwise most of them are about the same as before FYI(maybe a bit faster, but not alot)

but when we went to the drones and 10k storage truck i was like what?
drones can be used b like 10 or so people, and we don't have 10k storage trucks, that's G6 and they're only 5k

This isnt a cops and robbers server mate. Idk why your so certain on trying to take this suggestion off topic by talking about other suggestions that would affect the police, this affects everyone
you're right, its not, its basically just a cops server mate. Thats the way it seems to be going anyway. 

Again, you're correct, it does affect everyone. However, it mainly affects crims as this is one of the slight advantages crims have over cops. But lets keep nerfing crims and making it even more demotivating to play! 🙂 

But lets keep nerfing crims and making it even more demotivating to play!
there's not much point discussing in this poll if most comments are like this, we're not nerfing Crims, none of the people that have commented on this don't have the power, Jeep simply wanted a discussion of what people prefer, i'm sure he'll tell us the use for this when he is satisfied with this post

keep it in relation to the initial discussion instead of throwing digs at different groups of people like some people appear to do

Changing the way it is right now would just be another buff to the police in the grand scheme of things. Might as well just give police tron suits at that point 
childish reply

In my opinion no change is needed with the current meta icl, there could always be a certain war term/rule using Ballas&Aztecas as prime example. Its better to have a choice to either car fight or foot fight and having that choice gives the two gangs control over what pvp they'd want all around.

To the people arguing that it is "just another police buff" wouldn't it make more sense to objectively view this change and then make suggestions about things which you believe are actually giving police an advantage? Or Alternatively offer different suggestions to address the problem at hand, rather than banging the age old drum that "Police Always Get Buffed"

7fmpr3.jpg

Its never within the servers interest to make the game boring, uninteresting, unplayable, etc, to any group as they would leave. And without our community we are just a bunch of devs & staff that develop for and administrate no one

Can't lie reading some of the arguments in this thread is the very reason people wish to stay away from developing. I appreciate constructive criticism on how we can make the server better and better however some of you are taking away the very point of this poll and instead going out of the way to make uneducated assumptions like stating that crim life should not be hard and it really surprises me, the very people who are arguing saying "more features for crims as police have x, y and z" are properly the same people with graphics like they are playing GTA4 and using crosshair x to get the edge over killing someone. If you wish to see change then you must actually put the effort in to be the change you want to see. You all decide to use the meta for shooting within vehicles or fighting firearms, those are the decisions you decide to make.

Most of you are fully aware that there has been an incredible amount of time and dedication to revive the criminal life and give consequences for the actions you wish to or not to choose as your character. A lot of those features and development have been completed however things take time, they have to else we will see another post about how we have ruined the server because of x, y, and z. I commend the people in this thread who actually voted in the best interest of the server instead of what suits themselves.

Some of the comments and choice of evidence are beyond me and simply childish and would invite those to truly grow up and take a step back and have some perspective. 

Those who have changed this thread are very people who will seemingly never become satisfied with whatever they are given and to those people who think they know what is best I give you all the best in your search for a better public server whose aim is not to scam you of all your money.  

Since the scale is tipped towards first person atm, what would you like to see (if anything) in addition to this?

Personally I think it's a step in the right direction, a ''meta'' change is always interesting and shaking things up would be refreshing. One thing I can think of though is that this might mean a lot more people are on foot making cars a much more lethal weapon in the form of running those people over, especially by police in a chase.

Not sure how that can be avoided.

@Paint@ArchieI don’t know how difficult this would be, but would there a possibility of doing the same thing you guys did before changing the VOIP system. Take the most popular options and put them into the server, each a couple of times between 8pm and 8am, let people try out the different ways to handle it. 

Once people have actually seen it, run a poll again and see what people preferred and how it worked out? 

I personally feel the biggest issue is that people can ram vehicles into each other while shooting until their heart is content without any risk of being injured from the crashes. I’d like to trial first person shooting from cars, but no change to bikes as you’re already at a massive risk there. Bikes have never really been part of the problem that everyone complains about. 

Maybe a trial for people to see how well (or terribly) it’d work would help better gauge peoples interest in the feature? 

Back