What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Fighting from vehicles discussion and poll

How would you like to fight?

• No change.

Votes: 91 34.7%
  • Driver can't shoot, passengers should still be able.

Votes: 40 15.3%
  • No shooting from cars what so ever.

Votes: 7 2.7%
  • No shooting from cars and bikes what so ever.

Votes: 11 4.2%
  • First person only for shooting from vehicles (bikes and cars).

Votes: 113 43.1%

• Total voters
Might as well just give police tron suits at that point 
The tron suit isn't the thing that actually gives godmode so technically it'd make police be an easier target to shoot at 🤔

Changing the way it is right now would just be another buff to the police in the grand scheme of things. Might as well just give police tron suits at that point 
Micky from 229, i agree with you. I do agree.

Last edited by a moderator:
Currently the server has a problem in my opinion with the rocket league meta
Seeing armoured cars ramming eachother at 110MPH, then just spraying eachother out the car every couple hours in "wars" happens all too often

Possibly limiting too first person shooting might encourage new ways too fight, and get rid of the aids ramming that you see all over the server from both police and crims

Same with bikes, I think if you just remove it from cars you'll end up in just bikes razzing around shotgunning and spraying eachother as they can do it in third person, so limit these too first person too

can someone explain to me how forcing everyone to go first person is a buff to police?

can someone explain to me how forcing everyone to go first person is a buff to police?
I understand why people say it, its because currently the only advantage that crims reallisticly have during a gunfight is moving in cars and shooting from cars while cops have to get out of their cars to shoot a SIG or stay in cars and shoot a glock so reallisticly speaking everyone would 100% of the times prefer fighting a glock in a car than a SIG on foot.

Not just that with the current warning system for shots fired you are basically obligated to be in a car because that notification is triggered WAY to fast and makes it impossible to be as some say "A smart criminal". There was already a discussion about this part in groups.

But TLDR if the shooting from cars was to be nerfed i do think something needs to be done about the shots fired notification like a delay on it triggering and also it not even triggering on certain locations on the map because i might aswell be in cayo perico and cops will still get shots fired notification.

I do agree rocket league meta needs to stop but there needs to be a balance and not just nerd this nerf that without any consideration for balance and this is not hate towards any side its normal to have this constant bickering between cops and crims even in arma it was a common occurence but we need to find balance between both and as much as i hate sayn it currently the rocket league meta is the only thing holding it together but if you have any ideas on how to change it and still have balanced between both sides i am all hears.

I have in the past said that the helmet armor should only be available to cops/G6, i have also said cops being robbed 24/7 for guns was dumb, there is things where i can agree with the opposing side not trying to be one sided here but i do feel crims need some sort of "advantage".

Changing the way it is right now would just be another buff to the police in the grand scheme of things. Might as well just give police tron suits at that point 
What an idiotic thing to say. Don’t you realise this would apply to everyone?

It's a buff to police as they're much more equipped to fight on foot than in a car due to their ARs and helmet armour

Why not also force head armour to use first person on foot, means the use of head armour is situational over making yourself a tank. Removes the op meta of it also while it still being useful given the circumstances your fighting.

What an idiotic thing to say. Don’t you realise this would apply to everyone?
A police sig (which is free btw) on foot that can be equipped within .02 seconds vs my vastly inferior SMG (which is 350k+ btw) which takes 3 seconds to equip. Yes very idiotic I must say, glad you agree. 

A police sig (which is free btw) on foot that can be equipped within .02 seconds vs my vastly inferior SMG (which is 350k+ btw) which takes 3 seconds to equip. Yes very idiotic I must say, glad you agree. 
(Which isn’t free btw)

Why have you got to make it about police xDD

Why not also force head armour to use first person on foot, means the use of head armour is situational over making yourself a tank. Removes the op meta of it also while it still being useful given the circumstances your fighting.
Helmet armour forcing first person is a pretty interesting balance change, I think it's a good idea and should be looked at

Helmet armour forcing first person is a pretty interesting balance change, I think it's a good idea and should be looked at
This is would definietly tip the scale and make it fair, the only downside I can see is police free firing without aiming and strafing causing some serious quick walking whilst firing 30+ rounds against any crim weapon, which then would create a disadvantage due to how fivem and gta have desync in gunfights, leading to the ped either teleoporting or just sponging bullets 

It would force on foot fights a lot more, and over the last month and a half during the Ballas Azteca war this has been clearly seen. The way police rush into the middle of a gun fight to scoop bodies can not be ignored, and when called out for it getting the response of “it’s their job” where if a gang member done so it gets classed as NVL. Further with said issue would be that they get told it’s their job whereas that should not affect their value for their own life. And could be taken into fact that if police are able to do so then so would gang members as that would be their job. But the overall buff to police would be that the one main buff that crims have over police is the use of automatics out of cars which police can not do. Taking this away from crims when crims have to go against ar’s with helmets (which police can get an unlimited amount of worsening NVL)

This is would definietly tip the scale and make it fair, the only downside I can see is police free firing without aiming and strafing causing some serious quick walking whilst firing 30+ rounds against any crim weapon, which then would create a disadvantage due to how fivem and gta have desync in gunfights, leading to the ped either teleoporting or just sponging bullets 
id agree that 1st person has some glitchiness however everyone can already access 1st person anyways, it just limits their awareness if theyre stuck in first person as the helmet wearer wouldn't be able to swap between the two.

I think what alot of people here have misconceptions about is that crims vs police is supposed to be a fair fight, its not.
Look at the resources they have, the infrastructure is built for the police to always have the advantage in most if not all situations.

What our focus should be on is how a change like this would affect crim vs crim situations because it doesn't matter who you are, police will always win in the end.

I think what alot of people here have misconceptions about is that crims vs police is supposed to be a fair fight, its not.
Look at the resources they have, the infrastructure is built for the police to always have the advantage in most if not all situations.

What our focus should be on is how a change like this would affect crim vs crim situations because it doesn't matter who you are, police will always win in the end.
So you saying that basically you cannot play crim on this server if thats the case. Because tell me how can you be a smart criminal on the server with the current structure or tools provided to the crim side of things.

I am not saying police shouldn't win i am saying criminals should be able to atleast "Lose less". 

I keep asking the same question how can you be a smart criminal?  still waiting on an answer.

It may be that its not a fair fight but you have to remember that people still have to spend numerous hours to produce assets such as guns that can be taken away way too easily by police, even if its crim v crim feds pull up and can just push out helmets and sigs for very little to no effort with double the numbers of each party. Yes the police can have a advantage but make it too big and in the end you just reduce someones motivation to play if they lose gear on a freq basis due to a large imbalance from a faction. If you change the balance of car fights, make it first person, you still look at pistols or smgs with less ammo to be used against a high powered AR especially if they have to decamp from the disadvantage that fps would introduce now you add helmets into that interaction you're just creating multiple terminators .

So you saying that basically you cannot play crim on this server if thats the case. Because tell me how can you be a smart criminal on the server with the current structure or tools provided to the crim side of things.
No, im saying its not supposed to be Fair, going up against the police should be a huge undertaking.
Thats not saying that every PC should be a juggernaut tho 🙂

Back