What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Fighting from vehicles discussion and poll

How would you like to fight?

• No change.

Votes: 91 34.7%
  • Driver can't shoot, passengers should still be able.

Votes: 40 15.3%
  • No shooting from cars what so ever.

Votes: 7 2.7%
  • No shooting from cars and bikes what so ever.

Votes: 11 4.2%
  • First person only for shooting from vehicles (bikes and cars).

Votes: 113 43.1%

• Total voters

L1L

It's been a discussion for a while now, maybe someone has done a poll before but I thought it would be interesting to see what the consensus was 🙂 If you have more input put it in the comments!

(this is not a staff vote, im just personaly curios)

Last edited by a moderator:
Glad someone has made this poll. I think the ability to shoot from vehicles should still be allowed but it should be restricted to first person. Aztecas and Ballas have been fighting our conflict on foot only for a while now and I think both sides would agree it's a lot better than the 20v20 cesspit that car fights are currently. I think if the police show restraint and allow the foot fights to happen (within reason) then I think it'd be beneficial to the server as a whole, the police overall are being ok with their response to our fights but it does tend to be a coin toss depending on which senior officer is in charge. Foot fights are better, more fun and overall healthier for police and gangs alike. It would be interesting to hear some of the police's thoughts on this as it's an interesting issue.

Ideally I would like these changes but it would have to come with certain police changes too.

I voted No Change simply because of the dice roll that you take whenever police show upto a gunfight, they can either let it play out or ram, isolate and arrest without a second thought. If the overall police mentality changed I would have no problem with 1st person in cars.

I think things are fine as they are right now, if people want on foot fights this can be agreed upon when setting war rules like the most recent azteca v balla war. I personally like car fighting and also feel forcing first person will just again be a massive buff to the police.

I think first person in cars is a great idea, promotes foot fights which most people can agree on are a lot more fun, however don't restrict it on bikes they're hard enough to use as it is and restricting them to first person would make them completely useless.

I think first person in cars is a great idea, promotes foot fights which most people can agree on are a lot more fun, however don't restrict it on bikes they're hard enough to use as it is and restricting them to first person would make them completely useless.
I vote no @Omizz

The Rocket League meta at the moment is just abit boring

I think first person only, and ban third party crosshairs, they're cringe, also adjust weapon recoils to make gunfights harder and last longer

Digging up some old topics as this has been discussed before, and from what I can see, most people are usually in favour of a less vehicle orientated warfare. IE First Person only in cars, or none at all.

It used to be good when 'first person only shooting' from cars was a thing. No clue why it was removed. Likely to engage the part of the community with a hard-on for dominating an RP server

There is clear appetite for this 'limitation'/'realism'/'nerf' whatever you want to call it to return.

Car v Car ramming/shooting is just unimaginative and boring. As I have mentioned on one of the above threads, it has no place in what is meant to be an RP Server. All it does it take away any possible interaction that may occur before/during/after a fight.

The current state of car warfares are ridiculous. 1st person forced when trying to shoot from a car is needed. Other places use it and it works just fine. 

icl the amount of fail driving committed in a rocket league battle is unreal. how do none of them get whiplash from all that contact in clips ive seen. Add passout feature on crash then theyll think twice 🤔 

Can agree car fights are the worst format of fights. Making you only shoot first person in cars will influence a lot more on foot fighting which requires a good strategy. Only thing I don’t agree on would be bikes in first person. 

icl the amount of fail driving committed in a rocket league battle is unreal. how do none of them get whiplash from all that contact in clips ive seen. Add passout feature on crash then theyll think twice 🤔 
An ‘unconscious’ feature following a traffic collision would be great in my opinion. Not only would it make people think twice about rocket league, it would benefit driving standards on the server as a whole. 

Looking over this there is a few people that has mentioned they wouldn’t want it on bikes, which seems fair. 
Forced first person to shoot in cars would definitely be an improve in my opinion though. 

ban third party crosshairs
That's pointless since we wouldn't be able to enforce it on everyone easily since there's monitor crosshairs, some recording software doesn't show crosshairs etc

Only thing I don’t agree on would be bikes in first person
But why? If it ends up being disallowed on other vehicles then it makes sense to do it on all so then people with bikes don't get an advantage over those without?

Agree with the above.

If you make bikes an exception, then the whole server will be fighting each other on bikes, making the change pointless .

But why? If it ends up being disallowed on other vehicles then it makes sense to do it on all so then people with bikes don't get an advantage over those without?
You're a larger and easier target on a bike versus being in a car

+1

If it ends up being disallowed on other vehicles then it makes sense to do it on all so then people with bikes don't get an advantage over those without?
The issue is that people are driving around in these cars with metal backs on them shooting and ramming into each other at 100mph, which is stupid and unrealistic. Making cars first person only makes it more difficult to do this and should encourage people to fight in other ways. 

If that’s bikes then so be, at least the fights will be more realistic and fun. You are a much easier target on a motorbike, than in a car with a bulletproof back. 

Back