What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Fighting from vehicles discussion and poll

How would you like to fight?

• No change.

Votes: 91 34.7%
  • Driver can't shoot, passengers should still be able.

Votes: 40 15.3%
  • No shooting from cars what so ever.

Votes: 7 2.7%
  • No shooting from cars and bikes what so ever.

Votes: 11 4.2%
  • First person only for shooting from vehicles (bikes and cars).

Votes: 113 43.1%

• Total voters
what would you like to see (if anything) in addition to this
This may not be a popular suggestion within the police but I think if this change does happen - which I'm for - then a nerf to the amount of individuals that can be a Trojan officer should come into effect. People's main gripe with this is being outgunned and heavily ill equipped whilst in a compromising position on foot, with less Trojan officers in play it could make things a lot more interesting. Right now the cap on Trojan officers is 50, 38 of those positions being filled, might be worth trimming that down to 25? 25 of the most active members would still be enough to do some serious work if needed and wouldn't be too many to be overbearing.

Be better if there were things to fight over/fight for where cars can't go or can't be used. 

Just thinking a little differently. Eliminates the debate of first vs third.

Enforced first person in all vehicles including bikes is very good too having experienced it first hand. 😀 

Stop all the Internet tough guys from hiding in their cars going I've got a gun but are too afraid to step out of the car to fight.

Edit. To add. This thread has delivered some truly classic examples of why suggestions should NOT be decided for implementation purely by popularity. Some people need to think before posting and ask themselves what the point of their post actually is.

Last edited by a moderator:
This may not be a popular suggestion within the police but I think if this change does happen - which I'm for - then a nerf to the amount of individuals that can be a Trojan officer should come into effect. People's main gripe with this is being outgunned and heavily ill equipped whilst in a compromising position on foot, with less Trojan officers in play it could make things a lot more interesting. Right now the cap on Trojan officers is 50, 38 of those positions being filled, might be worth trimming that down to 25? 25 of the most active members would still be enough to do some serious work if needed and wouldn't be too many to be overbearing.
Never have all 38 been on at once. cutting it down will just reduce the time period we have a active trojan

Personally I think it's a step in the right direction, a ''meta'' change is always interesting and shaking things up would be refreshing. One thing I can think of though is that this might mean a lot more people are on foot making cars a much more lethal weapon in the form of running those people over, especially by police in a chase.
This will most likely end up being the meta, if you imagine a trojan officer letting off rapid shots in your direction, your only options if you are trying to avoide a jail sentence is to either ram them to the floor and then shoot or flee the scene, each option can have consequences, but essentially this would probably turn into the meta. Most groups or gang beefs will then end up having different groups assigned to a beef, foot soldiers and rammers, each to work cohesivley to gain an advantage. That's just the downside of making shooting first person only, I feel like the better option would be to allow a passenger to shoot in this case if you are trying to avoid this meta, unless you force the meta not to be like this by creating a rule against it but that could also be a negative choice to some individuals. 

Another Meta I can see happening is doubling up in cars, people will most likely have a passenger to increase the aim effectiveness as they will only be focused on shooting out of the car instead of driving and shooting at the same time. However I feel like the first option will most likely be the one of choice if a passenger isnt available or the person is just by themselves.

The thing with making fps in cars is that you are taking away the ability to shoot in thrid person decreasing the effectiveness of some peoples aim as they have crosshairs or just played in third person majority of the time which means a shift to use somethimg else to increase their odds this being using the vehicle as a weapon more often, the thing with ramming is when you get knocked down in gta it usually takes a lot of time to get back up which might irritatating to the person. My personal opinion if I was to be rammed and then shot it would just feel cheesy and shit because you can't really do anything against it, you can try shoot the driver if you're on foot but no imagine your only weapon is a melee, and now think of fresh players joining the community and someone wishes to rob them, they get rammed repetedly and then either shot or something else this can have a somewhat negative factor on them if they havent looked into the community through forums or experience in the server seeing why these changes have been implemented.

IMO first person would be the best option for fights as it forces more people to fight on foot. But with changing shooting from a car to first person you would also have to add something where police wouldn't always be notified with gunshots. 

I agree with everything, it would effectively shake things up to promote on foot fights more which are definitely more enjoyable as a whole. however, i don't think bikes should be changed as its already hard enough trying to ride the bike and aim without ending up dead by riding into a pole. being within 1st person while trying to aim sideways or backwards would ultimately be impossible.

Since the scale is tipped towards first person atm, what would you like to see (if anything) in addition to this?

Personally I think it's a step in the right direction, a ''meta'' change is always interesting and shaking things up would be refreshing. One thing I can think of though is that this might mean a lot more people are on foot making cars a much more lethal weapon in the form of running those people over, especially by police in a chase.

Not sure how that can be avoided.
I am a police-main just as some pre-text.

This would shake the meta to foot fighting, and as such hopefully pushes pre-arranged fighting further out of the city somewhat, I'd argue that with this change making the alerts for gunshots 'delayed' from Sandy and northwards, so that these pre-arranged fights can happen with some delay for them to deal with whatever the consequence is before the police start making their way.  Whether this is running away, collecting the other group, or readying to fight the police for whatever reason.

It could even be worth having a 'dead' spot somewhere, where gunshots in general just don't get reported.  It'd facilitate some of the gang wars, while leaving spontaneous fights to roll out as normal.

reduce shooting from vehicles, passenger only shoots in first person, any balance changes regards to police can be considered afterwards to see how it plays out.

You don't need this discussion when u allways are able to shoot while standing on a truck

Always wanted 4 people to shoot some muskets of a truck but after they have changed the ranger shit not possibru 😭

My personal opinion is that the ability to shoot from cars in third person leads to how it is now where every single fight always begins in rocket league fights and usually stays like that for one side when it comes to gang x is the aggressors pushing someone else's turf. the forced first person shooting could be a change that's needed imo it makes things more interesting and you will start to see a lot more foot on foot action between groups. 

Right now whenever two groups go at each other it starts out as rocket league and then eventually when they start pushing each others turfs/areas its always the aggressors in cars with fully bulletproof backs or somewhat bproof backs and they're using that to their advantage and sometimes it can be annoying for the defenders (speaking from experience its very frustrating to just shoot at a car parked that you can't hit them due to the bproof back but they have full view of myself.) but if the FPS in cars were to come in I feel like it'd make shootouts a slight bit  more interesting as you might see a lot more individuals decamping to get better angles or have a bit more freedom. Of course there are Pros & Cons to everything and I'm not listing them all right now that can be someone else's job who disagrees with me but I think personally FPS shooting in cars could be definitely beneficial. 

Another thing mentioned was the no shooting in cars at all, now whether it was a joke or not I'm gonna comment on it anyways cuz why not. Similar to my above opinion the no shooting idea would definitely create more when it comes to fighting other groups if I was to bring up a recent war it would be the Ballas v Aztecas one of their rules of war was no car fighting they were required to decamp out of their vehicle before engaging in combat with the other person and on numerous occasions I witnessed this happen and it was a lot more interesting to see as they had to use their surrounding environments and the fight would last a couple minutes depending on numbers  instead of "ram cars at each other and kill one or the other within 5 seconds". I think in terms of n shooting out of cars this would make things more interesting but  I know people will not agree with this being added so when they think of some would be worth replying to my comment with how its a con and why. 

As a whole I think FPS shooting out of cars would be the better option to look into for the server, As @JackJohnsonstated maybe the possibility of doing what happened with VOIP adding it into the server for people to test for a specific amount of time and getting peoples feedback off it once they have experienced it would be a good idea

Appreciate the time anyone takes out of their day to read this and apologies for poor wording in advance xD

Agree with you totally Alex

I also think there should be a time limit on wars, and talking from expierence one side always stops waking up as its just gone on for ages, this isnt only annoying as the agressors but bad for the server as it leads to totally dead areas for a stupid reason, and people get frustrated and do something stupid and get banned...... Mentioning no names......... ( this may need a thread all on its own, but I think it relates directly to shooting from cars )

Agree with you totally Alex

I also think there should be a time limit on wars, and talking from expierence one side always stops waking up as its just gone on for ages, this isnt only annoying as the agressors but bad for the server as it leads to totally dead areas for a stupid reason, and people get frustrated and do something stupid and get banned...... Mentioning no names......... ( this may need a thread all on its own, but I think it relates directly to shooting from cars )
I’d probably say make a thread against that, as it’s a separate issue, some gangs who just stay in war even if they’re losing and just won’t log on to avoid looking like clowns is a different issue 

I also think there should be a time limit on wars, and talking from expierence one side always stops waking up as its just gone on for ages
as @Eziekiel Montoyastated, make a different thread(or suggestioN) as it's not a bad idea, some of these gang wars do last a bit too long imo atleast when it's mostly cars v cars

Back