What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Member Support Applications V4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good luck to every single of you lads! Hope to see fresh and mature people 

Am I only one that hates that there isn't a part in the application where I can say thanks for considering me? XD

Just wanted to comment about the 16 year old restriction, and I don't want to upset anyone but merely provide another perspective. If you do believe my comment to be inflammatory then do of course remove it (admins).

Age restrictions are merely general guidance, of course there are exceptions. There are lots of 13/14/15 year olds who are much more mature than 16 year olds, and there are also lots of immature young kids, as well as older ones. They are in place to maintain a guideline and a certain standard (not that younger people are less professional or qualified or whatever). People will always argue about age limits, for example in the EU referendum many people I know would argue that 16 year olds should have been able to vote, but then when I look at other people in the same year as them it's definitely a good thing. People will always be at different levels in maturity and knowledge and that's perfectly fine - it's what encourages diversity and makes people unique.

All the communities I have been part of before have had age restrictions, and sure when you don't meet that it really does suck, I played on a Minecraft server when I was younger and people would always say "oh why aren't you a mod/admin" and it was because I wasn't old enough. Sure, that did stagnate a bit when I saw much newer people come in and "usurp" me when more people would have voted for me than them - it's the way shit goes and let's be honest I don't care at all now - nor really back then.

People in positions of responsibility are often who new players will come in to contact with, and thus they should be mature and responsible, and that's why most communities have age restrictions, so they can filter out those who don't necessarily qualify. For example, if two 13 year olds come to support and there needs to be a "discussion" between them, then if someone of a similar age is the one moderating that it can present the community as childish and perhaps less reputable - no matter how mature they may be. If there are older people it can also be that way - in a discussion between two 25 year olds if the person moderating is 14 then let's be honest they're not really going to care - to be fair can you blame them?

You learn and grow a lot from 13-16, and as does your body. Younger people tend to have higher voices and that's a natural part of life - my voice didn't break until very late and now a lot of people say mine is quite deep. But when there is an argument and someone with a high voice is trying to restore order it can be very laughable. Having a high pitched voice can open you up to a lot of jokes and insults and so it could be fair to say age restrictions are there to protect you.

Sure, age restrictions can be very annoying especially if you're under them, but it's a part of life and someday you'll be above them and whether that's in this community or the next - you will be old enough and it can be very rewarding. Overall I would say that there are pros and cons but in my opinion the pros outweigh and I support them (most of the time).

I have differed for far too long and I'm sorry if this post is controversial or whatever, it's my opinion and I'm trying to present arguments for others. Let's try not to reply too much - feel free to PM me and we can discuss this further.

Goodluck to all the entrants and remember just because you didn't get in this time it doesn't mean you're not good enough!

@ArchieI'll ask you here anyway, I would really like to do Member Support. As you probably know, I am under 16. Very mature and know all server rules. Could I be that exception where I could apply anyway?  

Will you guys read it through if I havn't been a part of this community for more than 6 months?
We will read it like all but we require from people that much time due to the fact of showing dedication. Not saying you dont show it, its a rule for everyone so please dont take offence from what im saying. You can still apply we will be fair but the rule is there for a reason. :)

Think i've finally finished (but who knows XD), remember to all of you that are applying to give it your all and good luck again :p

@ArchieHate to bug you again (very sorry only reply if you have time) but are you reading through apps constantly or will you be reading them after the 31st, just so I know that if I change anything whether it will be read or not

Thanks in advance :)

@ArchieI'll ask you here anyway, I would really like to do Member Support. As you probably know, I am under 16. Very mature and know all server rules. Could I be that exception where I could apply anyway?  

I understand what you are saying buddy and yes some younger people are more mature than others, the rule is there for a reason to be followed, now i understand that you may be frustrated but this application rule doesn't stop you but it helps us to show mature nature. So you have more of the right to apply if you feel ready but dont be shocked if you are not accepted this time round buddy. Good luck 

P.S please don't take it personal buddy 

Think i've finally finished (but who knows XD), remember to all of you that are applying to give it your all and good luck again :p

@ArchieHate to bug you again (very sorry only reply if you have time) but are you reading through apps constantly or will you be reading them after the 31st, just so I know that if I change anything whether it will be read or not

Thanks in advance :)

That is exciting news, as member support leads we deal with applications differently as you can see a lot of people will apply so we will plough though them as much as possible. We will get the main gist of the application and experience with you in ts or ingame then use that as a answer. Take your time with the application but you have until the 31st. GOOD Luck :)

i'm not, just I'm a bit triggered xD
Give it a shot and i wish you luck. <3

Being squared, no. But since you will end up being here for 6 months the day after the apps close, I think they might accept it
We will read though all applications as they all took time for people so we will give the respect to give everyone the chance.

Thanks very much Archie, thanks for replying so quickly again
I try dude <3

I put more effort in to this than one of my college applciations! xD

Good luck to everyone else who has applied! :)

- Jackdevo

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back