What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Rebel life [Discussion]

Remove Poseidon or down scale it. And if removing it bring UNMC back with a max number of available people being able to join around 20 or so.
If you want that then go suggest it, this is a discussion about rebel life and only rebel life.

Please can everyone stop posting dumb stuff like this? It misses the whole point of this post and prevents actual discussion.

If anyone has any further ideas then feel free to post it and we can start compiling it into a list and present it properly.

Short post that anyone " compiling " a list can consider.
- Reduce rebel prices. 
- Increase illegal trade income.
- Increase HEMMT capacity to stop these aids Huron/Taru runs that are invincible and still much more income than HEMMT runs.
- Introduce a high-risk operation that only rebels have access to ( Not Poseidon ), and other rebel-only features. Such as Uniform, Logos, Rebel Talent perks that make a real difference. ( Such as better gun bartering, Drugs/Gold % increase further, and other roleplay talents. )
- Move a drug dealer with very high prices ( Much higher than others, something rewarding ) in Kavala church, a hot-spot for all activity and alot of risk.
- A risky suggestion. But you could always add better equipment to Rebel. Level 5 armors, for example.
The dyanmic of altis is meant to have the rebels be more armed and prepared than Police/Poseidon but outnumbered. Currently, Police and poseidon outnumber rebel AND have easier/better access to equipment.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have always liked the idea of custom gang uniforms and custom gangbases connected to a event of somesort to determine who deserves it like some other servers. It gives something unique to rebels and people the chance to fight for a custom base and uniform and something unique for the best gangs on the server. Obviously weapon costs and Yoco's point would have to be addresed but i do believe simple qol changes like Medkits for rebels for a example could help alot with the general expeirence as a rebel.

Lower the weapon prices and get rid of Poseidon weed, that helps alot. Then Charles Vane had some great suggestions on the hidden post. Maby staff can copy that one and post it here 

- Increase HEMMT capacity to stop these aids Huron/Taru runs that are invincible and still much more income than HEMMT runs.

heli runs are not invincible if anything they are more risky as in a hemmt you can reverse if someone has parked infront of you in order to try stop you if a heli is rotor blocking you there is rly no way out of it and hemmt capacity is fine you just need to figure out how to stop heli runs which is easier than stopping a hemmt if you have a good pilot 

- Move a drug dealer with very high prices ( Much higher than others, something rewarding ) in Kavala church, a hot-spot for all activity and alot of risk.

i like the idea of also bringing back the kore drug dealer as it gave less risk but less reward i liked it as it made illigal drug runs in queens land more populated

Not sure if it has been suggested but make posiden pay same price as rebel for gear vehicles and shit, and lower the overall price of gear, upping gear prices will only further break the economy by increasing the gap between hobos and people  with 100's of millions.

Not sure if it has been suggested but make posiden pay same price as rebel for gear vehicles and shit, and lower the overall price of gear, upping gear prices will only further break the economy by increasing the gap between hobos and people  with 100's of millions.
So basically kill poseidon? If you make us pay the same as rebels while still keeping the same armoury it's just gonna be stupid, who would want to join a faction where they get into more fights cuz they can't really choose fights as much as rebels do, are limited to shitty guns for a few weeks and then they are stuck to using a car-95-1 while paying the same as rebel and having rules preventing them for doing stuff that many rebels rely on to make money. Killing a faction is not a way to fix something else, all you are gonna end up with maybe a few more rebels true, but also a lot more cops and a dead faction and then we are gonna have posts called "fix poseidon life" and we will get stuck in an endless cycle. Take a look what happened after the prices started increasing for rebels such as mk1. What was the response on the forums and where did we end up after that?

So basically kill poseidon? If you make us pay the same as rebels while still keeping the same armoury it's just gonna be stupid, who would want to join a faction where they get into more fights cuz they can't really choose fights as much as rebels do, are limited to shitty guns for a few weeks and then they are stuck to using a car-95-1 while paying the same as rebel and having rules preventing them for doing stuff that many rebels rely on to make money. Killing a faction is not a way to fix something else, all you are gonna end up with maybe a few more rebels true, but also a lot more cops and a dead faction and then we are gonna have posts called "fix poseidon life" and we will get stuck in an endless cycle. Take a look what happened after the prices started increasing for rebels such as mk1. What was the response on the forums and where did we end up after that?
You still get money from passes, you all don't need border passes, you have safety in numbers, its essentially a better version of being a rebel at the moment. And as for low ranks getting shite guns, you get a car95-1 at smuggler. Another iidea would be to give posiden a set loadout cheaply, but if they want better guns they would have to pay.

I honestly do not know what planet some of these ‘rebels’ live on, how on earth is making posiedon gear more expensive going to increase the amount of players rebels/boost rebel life? Like it’s stupid that you can even suggest it, everyone has the option to do 1 of the 3, rebel is currently dead because of the horrendous prices it costs for guns, the fact you basically have to do a full posiedon weed run which takes about 40 minutes in a hemmet to afford a load out that’s capable to kill an officer/posiedon member that’s carrying a higher calibre rifle for 30% the price, and in the case of police completely free, and when you die to bullshit if you haven’t got a gang base that costs horrendous money to keep up on the rent closer to advanced/rebel you have to fly/drive from the airport 8+ clicks to the nearest advanced/rebel to regear is very draining and causes rebels to get bored very easily, I still do not know how anyone can blame posiedon or police for the decrease in interest to playing rebel. It’s YOUR choice if you want to play rebel or not, most people have joined either faction because of the way rebel is now, it’s very stale and boring with Very little to do, 

You still get money from passes, you all don't need border passes, you have safety in numbers, its essentially a better version of being a rebel at the moment. And as for low ranks getting shite guns, you get a car95-1 at smuggler.
"Money from passes", oh boy, that 10k extra every 10 minutes total sure saves me, c'mon, get real, would you be happy being stuck, having to use a car-95-1, only being able to drive an offroad or a 4 wheel drive, not having a stealth suit (usefull in fights against someone who is smart enough to have thermals), having a big target painted on your back because you are a whitelisted faction, you are meant to be the one targeted by rebels just like the police and also being targeted a lot more by police, being stopped purely for being a "terrorist", having your gun taken off and sent to prison for 20 mins. Do you really think people would join a faction like that while they have a choice of police where they may have rules but they get everything for FREE or being a rebel, having better gear then in poseidon for the same price, not being targeted as much and being free to do whatever you want, in the cartel you actually have to listen to higher ranks and what they tell you to do. Still funny to me how on this post we have cops complaining that our gear is cheap when the literally get everything for free, they have a mar 10 in their shop XD yet the issue is that poseidon doesn't have to pay full price. Poseidon does not have such a huge impact on the server as the police does. Who has more members? Who do you see more in kavala where most of the rp happens? Who is the biggest issue for rebels on the server? Poseidon who don't care that you have guns unless you stand in their way or police who as soon as they see a rifle try to take it? Now im not saying that what they are doing is bad, hell no, what they are doing is what they are meant to do but if you simply break poseidon that will only mean that police will become an even better option for people who were previously in poseidon but after the prices increased they left. As mentioned before, UNMC was here before we were, was way more dangerous to people all around the place, would fuck with rebels for the fun of it yet there were rebel gangs around and they were pretty big aswell. Now, what has changed since the UNMC times, poseidon does not fuck with rebels as much as UNMC did, dunno if you remember but UNMC had similar gear to poseidon, for example spar-16s at private, so that should show that the whitelisted rebel factions are not the problem. They problem is that rebel life has been neglected. Most of the stuff that rebels were getting was price increases and nerfs such as gangbases having smaller guns, rent on them increasing, the rebel fighting style which in general i'd say is long range because they don't have the risk of being rubbered has been nerfed, scopes cost a lot more so do the marksman rifles.

Nerfing the factions isn't a solution in my opinion, it just comes across as trying to get the win over each-other which isn't the point. 
As a said previously, bringing back capture zones but with the small adjustment that they are for illegal processors will bring a sense of ''turf'' to the gang who own it.  Uniforms would again add a lot to the rebel life, actually, I think a lot can be added to the gang bases alone as they cost so much but doesn't bring you much of value in return, having each gang base come with a unique uniform (along with the clothing store upgrade) would be great. 

And lets not forget about the legal businesses on the island, why not give these guys a buff as well? perhaps along with them buying a warehouse they can purchase buffs for their business which gives them bonuses on specific runs. this would increase the amount of runs being done as well as making the less used runs a viable option if a bushiness chooses to invest in it. They could work together with the gangs who get a percentage cut of the run and if they work together they can make even more without one of them being robbed.

Lastly, its a unpopular opinion but i feal that the NLR timer needs to be increased or the rule adjusted so you may not return to a gunfight what so ever (obviously the HM would be exempt). Gunfights go on for longer now than ever before and its just boring, if someone could tell me the role play behind Zombies gearing up and then waiting around  for 15 mins taking up server slots and then going straight to the fight, then please do.

Bring thermals in Jets back, was a direct nerf to rebel life, wouldn't bring it back but this would be a nice feature and might tempt some people who haven't got jets already to money sink them.

Yes, the problem has been that rebels have been neglected and nerfed up until the point of where we are now. Poseidon and police are not the cause for this, it’s just been bad decision making over time. Suggesting the factions be nerfed is ridiculous now and won’t work, yes there is some small things that can be changed in factions but some of the stuff you lot are saying is nuts.

The dyanmic of altis is meant to have the rebels be more armed and prepared than Police/Poseidon but outnumbered. Currently, Police and poseidon outnumber rebel AND have easier/better access to equipment.
I like this point a lot, when rebel life was alive and fun there was a balance due to rebels having the better firepower but factions having the better numbers. Now the factions have better firepower and outnumber rebels. To create balance again (without nerfing any factions) the prices for guns as a rebel need to drop to a much lower level and be sustainable. One run should not equal one loadout. 

It should never be that a group of 5 rebels lose a total of around 5mil in loadout costs fighting a faction but the factions have pretty much the same loadout but they lose either nothing or 130k each.

This is so not true, often there will be 20-30 cops against 5 poseidon 
I would debate that. Poseidon generally always has the same or greater presence than rebels and now that they have grown I have rarely seen less than 5 on after 10pm, and at peak hours it generally seems to be 10-15+

and for Poseidon firepower your weapons are still exceptionally powerful from lower ranks, and within what? 2/3 weeks you can get car 95-1? For police it is around 6 weeks just get to pc to join a spec unit so for as far police - Poseidon balance I would say it is balanced imo 

@Nalurah anyway we can discuss some of the above at a community meeting? This thread is now just a circle jerk about poseidon and police. All the points of value have already been mentioned so can actually talk about whether we can if so how to implement some of the changes that have been discussed.

@Nalurah anyway we can discuss some of the above at a community meeting? This thread is now just a circle jerk about poseidon and police. All the points of value have already been mentioned so can actually talk about whether we can if so how to implement some of the changes that have been discussed.
Last time we did that it ended up with community team and staff team being attacked over things they can't change, not exactly a pleasant experience...
As I said before, making a list of the things you would like to see changed for rebel life (so not Poseidon or Police) and pass that on. That has a far higher chance of being looked at I think.

Last time we did that it ended up with community team and staff team being attacked over things they can't change, not exactly a pleasant experience...
As I said before, making a list of the things you would like to see changed for rebel life (so not Poseidon or Police) and pass that on. That has a far higher chance of being looked at I think.
If you are referring to the community meeting where staff got told: "management orders: all staff need to leave the channel". Then you and I have different memories of how that happened.

Sure, there was bad seeds in that meeting, but I cant recall any certain parties being "attacked". What I recall was alot of the staff members that got ordered out of the room, were just as disappointed and confused with how that meeting ended as the rest of us.

I lost alot of the little hope I have of this community left with how it ended.

If you are referring to the community meeting where staff got told: "management orders: all staff need to leave the channel". Then you and I have different memories of how that happened.

Sure, there was bad seeds in that meeting, but I cant recall any certain parties being "attacked". What I recall was alot of the staff members that got ordered out of the room, were just as disappointed and confused with how that meeting ended as the rest of us.

I lost alot of the little hope I have of this community left with how it ended.
Try looking at it from the other side Simen, those bad seeds were quite a few of them. Now it wasn't my decision to end the meeting the way it did. Still until some people can control their temper I don't see another one of those meetings happen. Try following my earlier suggestion of making a list. This was also the suggestion that was made during that meeting but only one person ever followed up on it, which is odd to me. It seems like people enjoy the meetings but not doing the actual work of making the lists...

Back