What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here 5 left!

[SPOILERS] Line of Duty Thread

As expected, Kate survives - but will Jo take the fall for Ryan's murder

We found out quite a lot / had a lot confirmed.... but not enough to understand it all and who is being it... if not Marcus Thurwell then who?!

Carmichael is so shady - poor Jo probably won't live to tell us more
Feel like Carmichael was chucked in to add some shade, so everyone thinks the way she's brushing off the investigations & Hastings allegations gains the public to suspect her to be involved. 

May I also add @Norman - here's a theory that

Carmichael seemed to be using her pen to tap out messages to Davidson in morse code during the interrogation. she was repeatedly tapping her pen four times against the desk during the interview, spelling out 'H' in morse code, just as Dot Cottan did during his dying declaration back in season four.

May I also add, there's alot of speculation surrounding Thurwell faking his death and some are claiming one of the spanish officers are Jimmy Nesbitt

Last edited by a moderator:
Ineresting update on the CARMICHAEL = RACECLAIM without H theory...... the line 'Look beyond the raceclaim' wasnt even said, it was made up by a guy on twitter.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

2 hours ago, Norman said:

Ineresting update on the CARMICHAEL = RACECLAIM without H theory...... the line 'Look beyond the raceclaim' wasnt even said, it was made up by a guy on twitter.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Vicky was trying her hardest not to give away the fact the theory of her doing morse code was spot on. Not too sure if she only tapped 4 times or tried to send another message but either way, I think someone mentioned it earlier on the forum aswell. Only 18 more hours until we find out (I hope)

Everyone else kind of disappointed with that finale?

didnt feel complete did it 
No but the actor who plays Hastings said that the cast who will be in it next year are more than happy to do another season, doubt the BBC will do want to stop when it's views are so high as well! 

I actually really enjoyed the episode, and while it may be 'anti-climatic', I think it was an intentionally subversive closure by Jed that you can never really 'catch them all' and that anti-corruptuon is only ever as powerful as the political and financial backing it has. Jed made an excellent point that people in public office are often not held to account enough, and it's normally due to other officials being complicit in these actions.

I've so glad they provided positive closure for all the 'good guys' and it was a very 'Ted move' to go and announce the only dirt they had on him, as he's always been a stickler for accountability and not being a hypocrite. 

I do think Ian Buckells was 'the fourth man' and that "the big reveal" was in that there isn't a 'top man', but instead institutionalised groups of officers who are working with OCGs for greed and end up groomed through the ranks by incompetent superiors. I know there wasn't really a grand "who dun it", but by six series in that's kind of not the point. I'm also now guessing that there won't be future series due to all previous officers being placed in the box at the end. 

I look forward to some more great Jed Mercurio television. HMS Vigil which they advertised at the end is looking good

View attachment 16877

why was he threatened in prison when Jimmy was killed?
He acted so incompetent that they didn't even realise he was at the top, just thought he was like all the other bent cops and tried to put him in his place

I've so glad they provided positive closure for all the 'good guys' and it was a very 'Ted move' to go and announce the only dirt they had on him, as he's always been a stickler for accountability and not being a hypocrite. 
There's still the money, Ted didn't say anything about the 50 grand he slid to that person who's name I cannot remember

I am upset. Surely this can't be the last ever season with how rubbish that was

He acted so incompetent that they didn't even realise he was at the top, just thought he was like all the other bent cops and tried to put him in his place

There's still the money, Ted didn't say anything about the 50 grand he slid to that person who's name I cannot remember
He wouldn't ever mention the 50 Grand because that could result Steph's (John Corbett's wife) Child from being taken from her and resulting in possible jail time. It was best no to mention it.

That wasn't much of a "finale". I really hope we get more series 😞 

Back